• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

F6Pk7HDWAAA9ebV?format=jpg&name=large

New Minus One promotional image goes hard.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Thunderblight a bitch

How'd you like the actual best character (glory to Master Kohga)?

34 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

zWxaJdU.png

learning to be-

SCkxizI.png

oh

This happened to my buddy Mark.

Rayman good (review)

I do love it when a DLC expansion is unique enough that i can make it's own log out of it. Whereas The Last Spark Hunter is more of the same goodness (Tower of Doom sucks, we don't speak of that one), the Rayman DLC is actually unique. Much like Donkey Kong Adventure from the previous game, Rayman changes how you approach the game. Rayman himself is uber-busted, allowing for a variety of unique strategies you couldn't do in the main game, such as near-infinite air time (with certain conditions), area control, massive utility. Having Rabbid Mario and Rabbid Peach as the only companions meant you really had to adapt to this specific team setup.

This expansion, like the first game, also has turn-limits for bonus points. However, on the higher difficulty and intended level, i'm not sure if some of them are physically possible. Coming back to them later sure but there are maps that'd be like "how do you do this in three turns or less". Speaking of, the maps in this game are very good, very well designed to take advantage of Rayman's unique abilities in particular.

The big downside to this DLC is, i wish it was bigger. The Last Spark Hunter was longer despite being more of the same, i feel like it should've been the inverse. Still, this was fun. The music actually goes pretty hard too.

8/10

Had a sudden depression attack a few hours ago, just a thought that struck me and rapidly spiraled into heavy panicked breathing.😰 This week, I'll find someone for sure. I've a list, somebody on it ought to be available.

Thankfully I was able suppress the existential fear with loading up Maglam Lord again, I should have it finished tomorrow easily. There was some thinking as I was playing of of the limitedness of one's time as I played, obviously an effect of depression, but I still felt calmed on the whole in the routine of the game. Yes it's very much a mediocre piece of third-rate garbage, I objectively see that, yet I can't deny that ML has been helpful for me coping through my fixation on ☠️.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

(Tower of Doom sucks, we don't speak of that one)

I first read this as "Temple of Doom" which b/c it makes as much sense with the changed word, left me wondering why you brought up IJ in the middle of a Mario + Rabbids review.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

F6Pk7HDWAAA9ebV?format=jpg&name=large

New Minus One promotional image goes hard.

The tail looks like a downed power line.

Now the chest, why the dark "Y"-shaped lines? That plus maybe the lighting makes it look like 'zilla has very flat and small but still there boobs.

...Maybe I shouldn't be posting while struggling to keep my eyes open.

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

learning to be-

SCkxizI.png

Reminds me of a scene in SMT Strange Journey. A bunch of humans get kidnapped by demons, and imprisoned. While the hero breaks out, they find a room where others on tables have been "toyed with" to put it mildly. And the way the demons phrase their actions it's like "Oh, the human stopped moving" and "Oh, a what good thing we demons have done", obliviousness, a twisted innocence, and downright horrors. It should've been disturbing to me, I actually wanted to feel more, but the lack of graphicness b/c DS 1st-person dungeon crawler limited the visuals, and I'd seen worse in SMT before.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

How'd you like the actual best character (glory to Master Kohga)?

Blud thought he is Jiraya or smth lol

Also deserves everything bad that happens to him after Metal Gear Link

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

17 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

A meltdown? That can't be a good sign. XD

So you know how in FE6 you can have 52 units, and then after unlocking all the trial map characters you get an additional 8? I thought, hey the game can clearly handle a few more characters, let's throw a few extra fellas to the hack.

FE6 is a very funny game and in the campaign specifically, once you go over 52 characters it starts erasing anybody else that joins. Even though it can handle more in the trial maps. I thought for sure adding more folks would just make the game break in the trail maps, but no, the game understands the massive importance of those five piece of shit maps nobody ever plays, so it starts banishing units to the shadow realm to make sure it can fit those eight dumbasses into your bench when you go play them.

The result, I have to remove seven characters and I'm very angry.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So you know how in FE6 you can have 52 units, and then after unlocking all the trial map characters you get an additional 8? I thought, hey the game can clearly handle a few more characters, let's throw a few extra fellas to the hack.

FE6 is a very funny game and in the campaign specifically, once you go over 52 characters it starts erasing anybody else that joins. Even though it can handle more in the trial maps. I thought for sure adding more folks would just make the game break in the trail maps, but no, the game understands the massive importance of those five piece of shit maps nobody ever plays, so it starts banishing units to the shadow realm to make sure it can fit those eight dumbasses into your bench when you go play them.

The result, I have to remove seven characters and I'm very angry.

Doesn't every GBA FE have a character limit? I can't recall the number, but i'm certain it's still there.

4 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Doesn't every GBA FE have a character limit? I can't recall the number, but i'm certain it's still there.

Yeah, but I didn't know what FE6's was, and I assumed it would include the trial map units. Silly me for believing FE6 wouldn't be a nuisance and would let me do something cool for once.

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, but I didn't know what FE6's was, and I assumed it would include the trial map units. Silly me for believing FE6 wouldn't be a nuisance and would let me do something cool for once.

I've never modded FE6 (and have no desire to either) so i can only assume here, but it's likely the bare-bones of a game?

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

first read this as "Temple of Doom" which b/c it makes as much sense with the changed word, left me wondering why you brought up IJ in the middle of a Mario + Rabbids review.

Well yes Temple of Doom also sucks.

After a brief spell of sickness, a couple days away on a trip and the exhaustion of a bad night's sleep keeping me from going back these last few days, I think it's about time I went to look for those Eidolons again. I need to keep my mind away from FE6, and I've only three chapters left of that game anyway, I've got to get a move on.

I'll admit, the game's been petering out a bit in the last couple of chapters. There's been two identical, pretty easy defense battles, and the story's stagnated in a weird cat-and-mouse game between Team Good and Team Bad where Eden and the big bad angrily threaten and boast at each other but then pull Huberts when shit gets close to hitting the fan. Ironically, whereas Three Houses felt incomplete and needed a few more chapters (particularly in CF), this one's beginning to feel like it has a couple too many chapters. But I have faith the game will pick up again before the end.

Finished with Maglam Lord. Again, very budget game, the visual novel side of it is nice (they spent big on the artwork), some light silly anime-styled goodness, if still restrained by budget. The ARPG stuff is horrendous, but it wasn't tedious at least so I didn't mind it. Still, on a sub-$20 sale, for me personally it was enjoyable. Wouldn't recommend it at all for anyone else though.

I was disappointed in the final date and post-credits scene with Darius.😐 Dude, the Guru said Killizerk wanted to spend a little time with you before the final battle b/c love. How do you fail to see what's clearly obvious after the DL has taken you to like ten different venues? You don't need to help them find their soulmate, you're it. And why are you still obsessed with killing Killizerk? The whole "last of his species" thing turned out to be a complete lie, he ain't your only choice for prey that once slain will awaken you as a true Hero. Why not take that into consideration, find a truly evil Demon Lord whom you have no strong emotional connection with, and slay them instead? 'zerk would probably go so far as to be willing to help you, considering their free-spiritedness and the fact that unnamed other Demons allied with the Gods to try killing them. What I got was an oblivious boy who insists "I must be the one kill you, so I've got to protect you so nobody else does". That's sooooooooooooooooo shounen it hurts.😝 It's the kind of unhealthy obsession more than mere "rivalry" that leads to stuff like the classic Dragonball GokuxVegeta shipping. Drop the blade and admit your real feelings as antithetical to your Heroic nature it might seem, not like you haven't spent the entire game brushing against the norms of Heroism. That would've been so nice if you had.🥺 .........Fine, if you want a fight Darius, Killizerk is going to go all out with the venue for when the time comes. He'll fill it with various torture and other devices, overflowing vats of oil, and a magnificent springy ring in the middle. Where, after rending each other's armor in violent exchange, he taunts you into throwing your weapon aside and pinning him down so you can slay him with your bare hands. Will that get you to recognize what he wants and what you truly feel?😛

I think I'll return to AW later today, no offense to GrimGrimoire, I just feel like I want purest sweetness right now, not an RTS where I'm still unsteady in my understanding of the game.

No

No!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

They got me the third time!

They killed a character in the story for the third time and this time they got me. This time it was someone I liked and was using.

They're going to pay for this. I'll skin them all alive.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

They got me the third time!

They killed a character in the story for the third time

Well now this is just getting silly.

46 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'll admit, the game's been petering out a bit in the last couple of chapters. There's been two identical, pretty easy defense battles, and the story's stagnated in a weird cat-and-mouse game between Team Good and Team Bad where Eden and the big bad angrily threaten and boast at each other but then pull Huberts when shit gets close to hitting the fan. Ironically, whereas Three Houses felt incomplete and needed a few more chapters (particularly in CF), this one's beginning to feel like it has a couple too many chapters. But I have faith the game will pick up again before the end.

3H's writing managing to make the game feel too long while simultaneously feeling not long enough. 3H gameplay being too long while having very small chapters with single digit non repeating maps. The game of all time.

And then Scarlet Blaze was created, where nothing happens. 

4 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Well now this is just getting silly.

Actually, yes, yes it is. The other two deaths got fully animated cutscenes, camp sequences mourning the characters, plot ramifications, all sorts of good stuff. This one was basically just a generic messenger going "oh by the way SPOILERS died" and that's that. And I hate it because this one, I actually cared for! Game, c'mon!