Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, gnip said:

Referring to the loading times or to Shrimpy and Wraith's exchange?

The loading times. Shrimpy and Wraith is just regular ol' Teehee.

48 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Thank you for your fun through ordeal!😃

You're welcome.

...No seriously, that fucking flight off the map 0.6 seconds before victory hurt like a gut punch. Both times it happened - on my first failed

34 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Josef-Character-Art_Unicorn-Overlord.web

@Saint Rubenio what's the beard rating on this one?

Holy shit.

34 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Unicorn-Overlord_Choices-Recruit-or-Exec

As expected, some enemies will be recruitable although they might all be Shura cases. Now I wonder if there will also be a Samson/Arran case or if some character's recruitments depend on another being alive (I don't think permadeath is a thing here).

Now that'd be a difficult choice. Execute the anime girl, or recruit her in hopes of getting Old Man 2 I spy overthere. Ahh, choices, choices...

• Replies 178.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

F6gez92bEAAY4Ds?format=jpg&name=large

F6gez-cb0AA3eaO?format=jpg&name=large

And so the Depths are now complete.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Now that'd be a difficult choice. Execute the anime girl, or recruit her in hopes of getting Old Man 2 I spy overthere. Ahh, choices, choices...

Ruben when he has to spare the annoying quirky anime girl (she is really annoying) because killing her would make her father sad and thus, unrecruitable (he has an amazing moustache)

thanos-the-hardest-choices.gif

Plj8xgX.jpg

Pikmin 4 was worth the wait, I look forward to Pikmin 5 in 2033 (where Louie summons an eldritch being from beyond because he wants to know what it tastes like).

Whenever Kuro no Kiseki gets an English title, I hope it's "Trails beyond Darkness" or Trails before Dawn" because then the initials and the release date would both be TBD.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Serenes is fucking dying lol

If I hear about any funny business in Begnion, I'm out of here. I would move to Goldoa but Dheginsea would throw me out if I tried...

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

A modern Persona game where you can actually control your pacing. Praise be, the series is good now.

I can't believe Persona ripped off Pikmin... er, technically Fire Emblem let you rewind first. For some reason, I first thought this was about Persona 5 Tactica and not the Persona 3 remake.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

At least one playable oldie in the 60+ usable cast. Just your usual "veteran retainer/caretaker of the protagonist".

Wait a minute, that's just Vander with slightly longer hair.

Even when this isn't FE, we can't escape the curse of the protagonist's parent(s) being doomed.

Screenshot_20230920-153344.png?width=460

25 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Even when this isn't FE, we can't escape the curse of the protagonist's parent(s) being doomed.

"After losing his mother at a young age amidst Cornian general Valmore's rebellion, he was ushered to the island of Palevia by the knight Josef, who taught him sword and strategy alike until the age of 17"

>Blue haired prince

>Parent betrayed and killed

>Escapes at a young age with his old man retainer

>Escapes to an island specifically

This is just FE1.

I am playing a bit of catchup in the replies here after my b-day.

On 9/18/2023 at 6:18 PM, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:
  •  

7.5-8/10, me thinks.

Trying to be as controversial as Sterling's iconic 7/10 rating 😛

On 9/18/2023 at 10:13 PM, GuardianSing said:

RFEE01_2023-09-18_20-24-59.png

Oh yay, does that mean we'll get into part 4 soon?

Alas there is a lot more part 3 to go unfortunately.

RFEE01_2023-09-18_20-27-54.png

You're telling me, the guy who double-double crossed us last game has just double-crossed us?!

Trying to compete with Revolver Ocelot's record of being the doublest double-agent to ever double-cross 😛

RFEE01_2023-09-18_20-51-37.png

Oooh a sacking mission, that's new

Sadly I think this objective is unique to Radiant Dawn (some of the side objectives in the Kaga Sagas can get kind of similar).

On 9/18/2023 at 11:07 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Screen-Shot-2023-09-19-at-1-03-36-AM.png

After completing the 999-hit challenge.

God that challenge was exhausting more than anything.

On 9/19/2023 at 2:40 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

I should look up how people do it. N64 is the only console I can't get right with any emulator. They're all so finnicky. Mupen64 is the widely considered best one nowadays, and yet when I try it it looks horrible and runs like shit. I can't figure out how to set it up.

I remember how bad it was trying to emulate N64 games back in the day, when Project 64 was your only real option...it was rough even with the games that technically worked.

On 9/19/2023 at 6:19 AM, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

If twitter does survive this, I doubt what remains will resemble what we think of as twitter today.

On 9/19/2023 at 7:59 AM, Armagon said:

The more annoying part is people using it to shit on modern Paper Mario.

To be fair, modern Paper Mario is so different from the first two, that I have a hard time considering them part of the same series.

On 9/19/2023 at 3:20 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

2023091914252400-s-1.jpg

Sooner than I wanted, but let the Black Hole Rising begin!

Back to Advanced Wars I see.

2023091915292700-s-1.jpg

😛

Alright, Lash is down right adorable in this style, and so expressive.

2023091915445400-s-1.jpg

One of us! One of us!😝

And she is even TeeHeeing on us, multiple times

2023091915580400-s-1.jpg

Another!😆

Third times the charm 😛

2023091916084400-s-1.jpg

Adder doesn't look to bad now.

The artstyle does Adder some good too, one I think is a down right improvement on the original versions,

22 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, there was one today. Fairy.

fairy.jpg

Back to one I called from the start. Jigglypuff has too many ties to music for them to ignore.

9 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Bug Time.

bug.jpg

Technically I stated its pre-evolution as my guess, but I am going to count it, as half the reason I didn't go with Delileliwoop is that it is too hard not to onomatopoeia its cry...

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

-And who are you to complain about using Black Hole stuff? Sturm was bankrolling your invasion of Orange Star! (I'm sure Grit thought this but didn't say it.)

He learned his lesson the first time, so why not complain about being pushed to potentially make the same mistake twice.

2023092011180300-s-1.jpg

Kanbei! I decided to rotate between between Blue Moon and Gold Comet, since both campaigns unlock at the same time.

I remember doing the same thing as a kid, as it adds some spicy variety to the mix.

Build order was: Day 1- One Infantry, Day 2- APC, Day 3- Two Infantry, thus this the fourth turn. Only 4k starting income and Kanbei's more expensive units forces this stringent build order.

Kanbei is good, but I am not a fan of how restrictive that extra cost ends up being.

For those unfamiliar with the phrase "bless your heart" is the Southern US's way of saying "God have mercy for your stupidity". Or, if you utter the phrase immediately before or after saying any insult towards anyone, it makes the insult superficially polite 😃, no matter how vicious the insult actually is.

It did always seemed an odd decision to code him as Southern, but I guess that is their way of addressing his Orange Star origins.

2023092013045800-s-1.jpg

...is mid-animation.😈

What a stellar animation.

Stronger counterattacks? That sounds new, did they actually buff a CO in Re-Boot Camp?🤔 Why only her?

I think that was a buff she got in the original AW2, but it isn't a very notable buff given AW mechanics.

Interview: Baten Kaitos I & II HD Remaster is out now! Here are some thoughts from the original development team | Bandai Namco Europe (bandainamcoent.eu)

Just a short interview. Motoi Sakuraba's section was nice to read (he brought up the homely Le Ali Del Principio anecdote again).

4 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Retroactive happy birthday!🎂

I hope it was joyous.😃

6 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Back to Advanced Wars I see.

I finished Maglam Lord, and while GrimGrimoire should've been where I returned, another 😔 aftershock meant I couldn't focus on that, and so I've returned to the mother's milk of Advance Wars. It fails me not in the worst of times.😊

24 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Alright, Lash is down right adorable in this style, and so expressive.

I think I'll agree. It brings out her selfishness and quirkiness in a way that the not-so-expressive old portraits couldn't.

11 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

The artstyle does Adder some good too, one I think is a down right improvement on the original versions,

39367b1858837524-600x338.png

Yeah, Re-Boot Adder is better. 

adderawds.png&ehk=OIgxgFBtP%2BFGFuvTkAzG

...Especially compared to his Dual Strike self (who was randomly shoved in at the end of development). Those eyes are eugh!😑 (The goth alternate costume is ...something too.)

14 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

The glimmer in his eyes was striking. And capturing this moment, blame somebody in this topic for putting the five words "You are my child now" into my head as I saw the screenshot.😝

16 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Kanbei is good, but I am not a fan of how restrictive that extra cost ends up being.

On this map, for a very time-constrained turn 1 objective, I did feel it. On a more lenient map, it wouldn't have been a problem.

Helps if a battle is practically all ground too. Planes can get pricey for Kanbei, as can naval units.

18 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I think that was a buff she got in the original AW2, but it isn't a very notable buff given AW mechanics.

It would've been incredible in Famicom/Super Famicom Wars, owing to those games having simultaneous strikes during direct combat, no initiation/first strike advantage. -But then only three special COs of the seven in SFW there had any special abilities.

21 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

It did always seemed an odd decision to code him as Southern, but I guess that is their way of addressing his Orange Star origins.

His Japanese name was Billy as in "Billy the Kid". ...Although the infamous outlaw was born in New York and grew up in the Midwest. Eh, well, the South sure has gun culture too.

30 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I remember doing the same thing as a kid, as it adds some spicy variety to the mix.

I like doing this, lets me create some "emergent narrative" (roughly definable as "imagined story, as created by a player as they play the game") as I choose my mission order and alternate between the two nations. As if they are actually being slowly liberated at the exact same time, just as it should be given the Blue Moon and Gold Comet missions unlock at the same time.

So just today I received a copy of Tears of The Kingdom, a game I have purposefully avoided all kind of conversations on to keep myself blind to it's experience.

But who needs genre defining Zelda games when you have old ass strategy RPGs that cost over 100 dollars on amazon, lets keep going.

RFEE01_2023-09-20_19-20-45.png

>16 hours into the game

>Chapter 4

RFEE01_2023-09-20_19-21-36.png

Near the end of Tsar Nickolas's reign, many army regiments within the Russian Empire mutinied against their commanding officers and created solder cooperates in where soldiers would vote and decide collectively on action as opposed to being told what to do by a superior.

...Just throwing that out there, Zelgius

RFEE01_2023-09-20_19-22-23.png

I like how Titania has basically just become the mom of the group

RFEE01_2023-09-20_19-23-44.png

I get less and less on board with the animal people race allegory when they start introducing actual animal instincts in said races.

RFEE01_2023-09-20_19-29-54.png

See being paid is one thing but I can't see why Shinon couldn't find decent pay in the Begnion Empire fighting against the race of people he hates so much and their supporters.

Perhaps deep inside he harbors a heart of gold! ...Or is just too lazy to really think about his personal beliefs

RFEE01_2023-09-20_19-30-31.png

I love how coins are literally just worth a single coin, kind of implies our entire gold stock is just these coins

RFEE01_2023-09-20_19-30-47.png

See on one hand archers are whatever and this bow is expensive but on the other hand they gave me an entire cutscene about the fact that it exists and gave me the needed funds to buy so I feel like the game really wants me to get it.

RFEE01_2023-09-20_19-35-04.png

Oh boy I can't wait to eat some rocks

RFEE01_2023-09-20_20-10-17.png

Jesus, I forgot that promotions in this game have the literal cosmic deities come and envelope them

RFEE01_2023-09-20_20-10-45.png

This is poetic justice in that Haar achieved this promotion by dodging and then killing a guy with a Wrymslayer

RFEE01_2023-09-20_20-19-20.png

Big major complain of Radiant Dawn so far is that Reyson is not in every single cutscene.

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Hey! Happy Birthday!

Just now, GuardianSing said:

Near the end of Tsar Nickolas's reign, many army regiments within the Russian Empire mutinied against their commanding officers and created solder cooperates in where soldiers would vote and decide collectively on action as opposed to being told what to do by a superior.

Sadly, he knows his role as Begnion's Camus is different.

Only just? Heh.

I get less and less on board with the animal people race allegory when they start introducing actual animal instincts in said races.

Well, it would be weird if they didn't have them... maybe. They do transform into said animals, after all, not to mention... ah, not saying just yet.

RFEE01_2023-09-20_19-29-54.png

See being paid is one thing but I can't see why Shinon couldn't find decent pay in the Begnion Empire fighting against the race of people he hates so much and their supporters.

Perhaps deep inside he harbors a heart of gold! ...Or is just too lazy to really think about his personal beliefs

Well, if you recall, he tried that in PoR when he joined Daein's army. Ike simply dragged him back into the Mercs. He's probably just resigned to his fate. Well, Heart of Gold to Rolf, pretty much.

RFEE01_2023-09-20_19-30-31.png

I love how coins are literally just worth a single coin, kind of implies our entire gold stock is just these coins

You'd think then you could just use your regular gold instead for the forging bonus...

No Bolt-Axe General, though. 0/10 Map.

2 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Oh. Happy Birthday!

2 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

am playing a bit of catchup in the replies here after my b-day.

Oh happy (late) birthday!

53 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

To be fair, Russia's always been one of the most unstable countries in history. I guess when you decide your home base is Antarctica 2, things don't always go very well. This is why Canadians are always hyperventilating at our border where it's warmer.

Edited by Armagon

10 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

She always was. She was designed with the concept of a "big sis" for the Greil Mercenaries, and even replacement mother for Ike & Mist specifically, in mind.

18 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

It's maybe a little sudden, but I do like the ebbing of the heroes' fortunes here. Little victories begin Part 3, then pause as the real enemy shows up, then another success, and now, reversal. 

It's more dynamic than an extreme situation, where the enemy is constantly being invaded by the heroes. Or where the heroes are always reacting to the enemy. While I can understand situations where a story would justify one side always having the initiative, ebb & flow could potentially be more thrilling.

13 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

...Or is just too lazy to really think about his personal beliefs

He almost possibly did in like the last line of his PoR Janaff support

Shinon: So if I’m twenty-seven, you must be at least…eighty-five years older than me!
Janaff: Indeed. So give me some respect, you young pup. If you run into trouble in the future, come see me. I’ll give you the kind of advice that only an elder can give.
Shinon: Oh, hey! Hold on! Um…tell me more about your life. You’ve seen a lot, you know?

...but RD didn't follow up on it.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, Heart of Gold to Rolf, pretty much.

Though he does also like Gatrie and Titania well enough. Ike he hates sure, and Soren even more, but that's it for his in-group strong animosities. 

And I'm sure an army camp is big enough that Shinon can find a way to be alone and away from the beasties and birds as he wants to.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

Ruben when he has to spare the annoying quirky anime girl (she is really annoying) because killing her would make her father sad and thus, unrecruitable (he has an amazing moustache)

thanos-the-hardest-choices.gif

I will find a way to kill her quietly in the night.

8 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

If I hear about any funny business in Begnion, I'm out of here. I would move to Goldoa but Dheginsea would throw me out if I tried...

Plot twist: Lekain is the one sending all the bots.

8 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Wait a minute, that's just Vander with slightly longer hair.

It's Vander with Gunter's hair, to be specific.

8 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I remember how bad it was trying to emulate N64 games back in the day, when Project 64 was your only real option...it was rough even with the games that technically worked.

I have memories of playing Paper Mario in my childhood with the world flickering in and out. Somehow I accepted this as fact lol

8 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:
13 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

2023092013045800-s-1.jpg

...is mid-animation.😈

POV: Adder is coming to invite you for a pleasant afternoon at the movies. How dare you assume he's up to something evil. You know, he didn't ask for this. The darkness around the eyes? Rare type of tumor. He's going to die in a matter of months, he wants to have a fun time with his friend while he's still around, and you go and get scared for no reason and throw shoes at him. You should be ashamed of yourself.

6 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

I was super soured on Tibarn as well. Dude keeps preaching this "sorry, we have to murder 50 people right now. Don't you see how beautiful it is?" nonsense, it gets really tiresome in part 4.

RFEE01_2023-09-20_20-19-20.png

Big major complain of Radiant Dawn so far is that Reyson is not in every single cutscene.

Reyson needed to be the main character of Tellius. If he was, the duology would've been so much better off.

4 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

because you are a god damn sicko that's why.

Stay away from me. Even I, ME, find your behaviour absolutely disgraceful.

Yeah no kinkshaming and all, but didn't expect you to be a furry, Wraith

Whoa, whoa, how did things get to this point?

...Oh Wraith's a furry. Well, whatever rocks your boat, matey.

20 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If I may add my two cents, I dislike the "if you don't try it you might miss out" argument because, by that logic, we should all go play every single Call of Duty right now. Or Fortnite, or the twenty-something Fifas, or the entire Forza Horizon series or the new Gollum game or the infamous ET game on Atari that killed the industry. Because, how can you know whether you'd like them or not without playing them?

Time is a limited resource, and it is impossible for a person to play every videogame that exists in anyone's lifetime, not to mention the money. You need priorities, and some degree of certainty that you'll enjoy the next game you play. So I find it perfectly understandable to drop a series if you've been severely disappointed by the last few releases and have reason to expect the next ones will be the same. I also find it perfectly understandable to drop a game if you're a ways in and still aren't enjoying it - videogames work on loops, they're not likely to magically change or lose whatever problems you have with them if you've already stuck with them for a few hours.

I mean, of course it's fine not to enjoy a specific genre of game, that's normal. 

But is it really wrong to have hope that the next game in the series will improve rather than stagnate and fall to something i will grow to dislike as time continues?

27 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

I mean, of course it's fine not to enjoy a specific genre of game, that's normal. 

But is it really wrong to have hope that the next game in the series will improve rather than stagnate and fall to something i will grow to dislike as time continues?

No, it's not wrong at all! Just like it's not wrong to believe your time and money is better spent elsewhere, rather than staying loyal to a brand name even after it has changed beyond recognition.

Both are okay approaches. It's up to each person to decide how they can best utilize their resources.

Well, you wouldn't call a winding staircase as being like winding a doll.

Winding can mean twisted/spiral. So Winding Gale means the Gale is coming in a spiral movement, or so.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

There's probably a universe where those can be called shoes, yes.

Yes. The 70's.

But seriously, the bags aside, they do look like the kind of funky platform shoes worn in those times.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yes. The 70's.

A galaxy far, far away indeed.

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

But seriously, the bags aside, they do look like the kind of funky platform shoes worn in those times.

Extremely funky, at that. She'd win a contest of some kind, I'm sure.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I will find a way to kill her quietly in the night.

Ruben when doing this causes the father with the cool moustache to leave because he's heartbroken

59f.gif?width=500&height=297

9 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

because you are a god damn sicko that's why.

Stay away from me. Even I, ME, find your behaviour absolutely disgraceful.

Yeah no kinkshaming and all, but didn't expect you to be a furry, Wraith

So Shrimpy's limit is furries huh.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Whoa, whoa, how did things get to this point?

...Oh Wraith's a furry. Well, whatever rocks your boat, matey.

I can't tell if it's a bit honestly.

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Xenobros

Xenoblade 3 winning GOTY in Japan about a year after it came out is surprising but we take those.

Now we just need Gust to announce the new Atelier game tomorrow (the gacha came out already, there's no way they are leaving 2024 empty).