Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Do Americans also shoot Canadians on sight?

Gotta get the maple syrup somehow.

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

think the real question is, why are they taking a bath together, naked?

Actually Japan stuff.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

So

Here's my heretic take of the Months:

Zelda in TotK should've been playable. Dana Style

This is actually an incredibly cold take, people have been wanting a playable Zelda in a mainline game for years. Closest we got was in Spirit Tracks but you just gave her some commands in that game.

• Replies 178.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

51 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

guess oldies don't wanna

Yeah some of the oldies don't wanna. Kinda a shame.

And like the thing with Spirit Tracks is that the gameplay is stinky so the one time Zelda is remotely playable it's in a game that forces touch screen controls. Hyrule Warriors will have to do for now.

Tbf her Hyrule Warriors design does go pretty hard.

43 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Brutal way to die:

1519785bd222cd16a5ba4976c9214f1d.png

I like how this is the first Trails games where the party can get killed by random mooks.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Gotta get the maple syrup somehow.

Typical fuckin' America.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Oh Xeno twitter is fun today 🍿

Another example of projection 100

What's the topic of controversy today, chief?

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I guess oldies don't wanna

I don't get how anyone could not want a playable Zelda. Enough is enough, it's really sad that even fuckin' Mario has evolved past the need of a designated damsel in distress prop and yet Zelda's still kind of stuck there in the series that's named after her.

I mean, c'mon. The CDi developers nailed that on their second game. The CDi developers. What's Nintendo's excuse?

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah some of the oldies don't wanna. Kinda a shame.

42 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

The one thing that rivals the characters obsession with Rean is the devs obsession with hot springs. XD

Cassius gettin' spicy on his daughter's love interest that is also his adopted song. He's hitting ALL the Japan bingo spaces!

23 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Do you mean in battle?

The bad end conditions. "Defeated by monsters" "killed in an ambush" like normally this is shit you just fight your way through.

I mean it's a neat narrative tool but it's kinda weird.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What's the topic of controversy today, chief?

Some guy made some tweets saying Xenoblade is bad because fan service. Now, this had his full name as his Twitter handle and someone used it to.....bring up his sex offender registry. The guy virtue signaling about fanservice turned out to be a convicted pedophile.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Enough is enough, it's really sad that even fuckin' Mario has evolved past the need of a designated damsel in distress prop and yet Zelda's still kind of stuck there in the series that's named after her.

Tbf Zelda does tend to have an actual role in the plot besides 'help me".

Finally, quality television.

12 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Now I want to know if she ever rocket jumped at any point.

Edelgard will never forgive the Church of Seiros for inventing stairs. Prior to that, ancient Fódlanites had to reach the second floor by rocket jumping.

12 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Genealogy only if you have the characters killed off. That's the only way Seliph inherits their realms.

Oh right, I knew Seliph becomes ruler of Grannvale but I thought everyone else ruled their respective territories while still under Grannvale's banner. I probably would've gotten it right if I actually played Genealogy.

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

I'm referring to Anastasia, who's been immortalized through fiction thanks to the Disney movie and also Fate.

As Acacia said, Anastasia the animated film was made by 20th Century Fox. But since Disney bought Fox, it technically it is a Disney movie now.

(As for the actual Anastasia, she was killed along with the rest of her family.)

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I think the real question is, why are they taking a bath together, naked?

Estelle I think your dad's going to steal your brother. Jesus Christ, the incest layers...

You can't tell due to the image's angle, but they're wearing towels. Estelle is at the other end of the hot spring, though she's talking with someone else so she doesn't hear Joshua and Cassius's conversation.

Trails has one documented case of someone actually being naked in a hot spring, but obviously it happened offscreen.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The bad end conditions. "Defeated by monsters" "killed in an ambush" like normally this is shit you just fight your way through.

I mean it's a neat narrative tool but it's kinda weird.

Oh, i understand what you mean now!

:

b6031dc98d498390b8134211ae1fab9d.png

I think the devs were enjoying thinking of ways to just murder the player. XD

4 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

You can't tell due to the image's angle, but they're wearing towels. Estelle is at the other end of the hot spring, though she's talking with someone else so she doesn't hear Joshua and Cassius's conversation.

Trails has one documented case of someone actually being naked in a hot spring, but obviously it happened offscreen.

I figured there'd be towels, but I kind of prefer the idea of a filial love triangle. It's very Japan.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

I figured there'd be towels, but I kind of prefer the idea of a filial love triangle. It's very Japan.

Though as it were, towels are not usually actually worn in real life while in the water.

Public bathing is something that dates for centuries, and not just in Japan.

I am curious if Trails through Daybreak will censor things such as the female pole-dancers and such. XD 

They are shamless, so i highly doubt it, but it may rub some the wrong way i guess? 

Edited by Lightcosmo

10 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

As for the actual Anastasia, she was killed along with the rest of her family.)

Yes I know but for years you had people claiming to be Anastasia or descended from her. Like I think the original tale was "the soldiers thought Anastasia was dead but one of them noticed she wasn't and took pity on her".

It got to a point where a DNA test was done on one of the claimants and said "ok if you really are descended from Anastasia, then that means she was never actually part of the Tsar's bloodline". I read this on Wikipedia years ago so all of this is iirc.

9 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Oh, i understand what you mean now!

:

b6031dc98d498390b8134211ae1fab9d.png

I think the devs were enjoying thinking of ways to just murder the player. XD

Rean would've survived this.

2 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

I am curious if Trails through Daybreak will censor things such as the female pole-dancers and such. XD 

They are shamless, so i highly doubt it, but it may rub some the wrong way i guess? 

Ehhh. Doubtful. We're past that era.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Tbf her Hyrule Warriors design does go pretty hard.

Unfortunately b/c it was DLC they never put out an official concise vid for the Dominion Rod.

But we have one for this mysterious youth.😛

Sad it be that Musou is hit-or-miss for people, given it is the one time when LoZ people other than Link have been fully playable.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

He's the Murdock to their Narcian and... Uh, Lash. Carried by his imposing presence, though as I recall, he does miss Murdock's dry sarcasm.

...And Murdock's tender heart for Zephiel. That I think does Murdock's character very well unlike Brunnya.

56 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Dark

dark.jpg

The monochrome is stylish. The hat and umbrella make her seem dominant like a classy boss.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...And Murdock's tender heart for Zephiel. That I think does Murdock's character very well unlike Brunnya.

Yeah, that too. He's basically Zephiel's true dad, which is sadly not clear enough in 6 because... they never interact lol. Still, you do get the details of how he saved Zephyboy's life and cared for him while he recovered from Desmond's funky sugar gift, which is a neat little tidbit.

Like most other FE6 villains, he could use more screentime (and an actual interaction with Zeph) but he's a lot less lacking than Brunnya is. And honestly it's just fun watching him sass Narcian and the Etrurian nobles.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You are old, and wrong

finally

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Tbf her Hyrule Warriors design does go pretty hard

on the downside, you have to play Warriors

The guy virtue signaling about fanservice turned out to be a convicted pedophile

such a classic. I can't think of a more iconic duo.

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

Some guy made some tweets saying Xenoblade is bad because fan service. Now, this had his full name as his Twitter handle and someone used it to.....bring up his sex offender registry. The guy virtue signaling about fanservice turned out to be a convicted pedophile.

I see. That's a pretty oof moment.

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

such a classic. I can't think of a more iconic duo.

It's getting to the point i am getting pretty sus of anyone who goes "Fanservice bad and people who enjoy it are bad people" with how often it happens

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faulty_generalization#Hasty_generalization

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

on one hand i agree

on the other hand: It happens way too often. More often then anti-gay republicans being secretly gay and blowing each other. More often than Rutger critting. More often than you haring on 3H

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

14 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

on one hand i agree

on the other hand: It happens way too often. More often then anti-gay republicans being secretly gay and blowing each other. More often than Rutger critting. More often than you haring on 3H

Perhaps, but I've said it before and I'll say it again: Defend your position with arguments. This whole "hmmm you say fanservice is bad, but people who have said that in the past have been pedophiles hmmm" business weakens your position by making you look like you have nothing and need to resort to accusing the opponent of horrible things with no evidence. In this specific case there was evidence, of course, but specific cases are just that; specific. You can't just go "okay so then everyone who dislikes fanservice is a pedophile", that's just a terrible assumption to make.

Not to mention you risk accidentally insulting people you might not mean to. I mean, I've said "fanservice bad" before though not the "everyone who enjoys fanservice is a bad person", or at least I hope it's never come across as that. I believe that, if there was no more sexy fanservice in war dramas I'd be a happy chap. If there was no more sexualization of clearly underaged characters anywhere, I'd be a very happy chap. I know it's not your intention to call me a pedophile and rest assured I take no offense, but... well, I'm sure you can see what the problem could potentially be, here.

Edited by Saint Rubenio