Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

though not the "everyone who enjoys fanservice is a bad person"

that's the difference.

A big one.

You usually go "not for me" and that's that. I am not talking about those and you know it.

I know it's not your intention to call me a pedophile and rest assured I take no offense, but... well, I'm sure you can see what the problem could potentially be, here.

yeah, believe me, i realise.

I just have been through alot of that shit lately in different fandoms.

Heck, it doesn't even have to be sex. People were complaining about angst and those who enjoy it being bad people and attacking them lmao. I am sick of these people.

In this specific case there was evidence, of course, but specific cases are just that; specific

I wish they were specific.

This is like the Police here talks about Nazi problems: "specific"

It's a widespread problem.

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Replies 178.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

28 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

on one hand i agree

on the other hand: It happens way too often. More often then anti-gay republicans being secretly gay and blowing each other. More often than Rutger critting. More often than you haring on 3H

"I agree, but also I'm right and everytime you disagree with me, you get 5 pedo points."

What 2 minutes of fanservice does to the brain

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I know it's not your intention to call me a pedophile and rest assured I take no offense, but... well, I'm sure you can see what the problem could potentially be, here.

When disliking a thing is presumed to be projection (this now arguably becomes its own projection). It's just like my 3 Houses debates!

9 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

that's the difference.

A big one.

You usually go "not for me" and that's that. I am not talking about those and you know it.

Fair enough. It is an important distinction.

I wish they were specific.

This is like the Police here talks about Nazi problems: "specific"

It's a widespread problem.

Still, there's a difference between recognizing a pattern and trying to discredit people based on a single shared trait. Not that there's any harm done here, it's not like you've gone up to someone and called them names directly, but the implications are a bit worrisome.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not that there's any harm done here, it's not like you've gone up to someone and called them names directly

Tbh, i generally downvote/ignore/move on and/or tell them gtfo of our place/space. With how much it's been happening lately it's the only thing i can do without wasting my limited time. Time i can use to play games.

Still super annoying and really yikes when you are just having fun nerding it out (and not just in a sexual way) and then shitheads attack you. Or the artist/writer you like to follow and/or were having a pretty good/fun conversation with. And then act all high and mighty like they are some kinda religious prophets and how they are victims, or the classic "I am a minor" card (in an adult space mind you).

Most of the time it's either Adults with very sus behavious (and in the end usually sex offenders) or Minors who pull this shit.

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Tbh, i generally downvote/ignore/move on and/or tell them gtfo of our place/space. With how much it's been happening lately it's the only thing i can do without wasting my limited time. Time i can use to play games.

Fair.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sad it be that Musou is hit-or-miss for people, given it is the one time when LoZ people other than Link have been fully playable.

The Hyrule Warriors games do have some actually unique mechanics not found in other Musous but it's not always enough.

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

the other hand: It happens way too often. More often then anti-gay republicans being secretly gay and blowing each other

Nah it's happened with them too. Er, granted they haven't been convicted cause lmao convicting someone while in office (it would legit take finding heinous shit on their hard drives to get a conviction) but Matt Gaetz used Venmo to groom someone, Lauren Bobert jerked someone off in public during a Beetlejuice concert where kids were present (ok tbh I don't know the exact details but I did read it was bad enough that Colorado could charge her with sex crimes) and many Republicans defend child marriage because "tradition".

22 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

For real bro?

Adobe stocks plummet to zero.

Edited by Armagon

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Nah it's happened with them too

i didn't deny that tho

many Republicans defend child marriage because "tradition".

🤢

I was fucking shocked a couple days ago when some murican state finally disallowed child marriage and i was like "that's happening...now? not in the 50s?"

Like ugh man.

🤢

I was fucking shocked a couple days ago when some murican state finally disallowed child marriage and i was like "that's happening...now? not in the 50s?"

Like ugh man.

It's pretty much every red state where it's allowed now. All the blue states have done away with it. There was an attempt (many) to shut it down at the federal level but of course, it didn't make it through. 

35 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The Hyrule Warriors games do have some actually unique mechanics not found in other Musous but it's not always enough.

And, the mechanics of the first one at least, don't always work in its favor. Weak Point Smashes are less something that's useful for fighting enemy officers, and more something you need to deal real damage if you don't have enough raw attack power. Giant Bosses are a similar story.

-Although I was personally willing to look past the faults, because the LoZ love was there. And I still want another intraseries crossover sequel with more. It's not like Zelda does that all that often. Mario and Pokemon can have games of every kind imaginable (if perhaps less so for Mario nowadays than it used to be, development costs I guess), Zelda does not.

They're releasing a Tintin game in November. Had no idea, just randomly found it on Steam. It's going to sell like two copies lol, but I might keep an eye on it. I remember playing this other Tintin game as a kid that was pretty good. Or so I remember, from my vague memories of being a little boy.

...Also Payday 3 is still fucking unplayable four days after release. Some still accuse others of having no patience. Did end up going back and playing a couple Payday 2 heists, for old time's sake. The game proceeded to crap its pants on me. I'm glad some things never change.

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

For real bro?

Paint, viable?

Incredible, incredible.

Action RPG 'Silent Hope' Introduces Main Characters' Backstories, Likes, Dislikes, Birthdays, Families, Hobbies & Voice Actors - Noisy Pixel

Hopefully these details are in the game itself?

Apparently the game releases Oct 3rd, feels weird that it'll be soon. (And a demo dropped months ago? -I never noticed.) Between it looking thoroughly like a b-grade ARPG and what appears to be a week in Japan with more notable releases- Ys X, a Dragon Quest spinoff, and that Fate game, I'm imagining that it'll bomb. Still, since its loosely RF-related, I'll consider it.

---

Almost done with AW2's campaign. While the game has plenty of replayability (wouldn't feel right if I didn't unlock Sturm, eventually), it does feel kinda sad. But then I saw this...

Looks like it has been done for almost a year now, with a few QoL updates included in the translation patch. Although, visually, I'm not sure if it's jiving with me.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Action RPG 'Silent Hope' Introduces Main Characters' Backstories, Likes, Dislikes, Birthdays, Families, Hobbies & Voice Actors - Noisy Pixel

Apparently the game releases Oct 3rd, feels weird that it'll be soon. (And a demo dropped months ago? -I never noticed.) Between it looking thoroughly like a b-grade ARPG and what appears to be a week in Japan with more notable releases- Ys X, a Dragon Quest spinoff, and that Fate game, I'm imagining that it'll bomb. Still, since its loosely RF-related, I'll consider it.

She seems to dislike milk. If she drank more, maybe she’d grow a bit taller… Ah, please pretend you didn’t hear that!

Sure, she was talking about her height...

Hmm... I'd consider it, at least. But I might get the other RF games first, haha.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Ok i'm just now realizing that the plot is literally they can't speak. Silent Hope. Ok.

Automatically a better silent protag than Joker.

How will this factor into the canon? And thinking of Tetris blocks, there is one things I can visualize turned into a piece.

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ok i'm just now realizing that the plot is literally they can't speak. Silent Hope. Ok.

Curious why then they list voice actors in the above link. Battle grunts? Beating the big bad unlocks the ability to speak?

Also, will agree with the comments I saw about the Caster.

ngcb1

Black, kinda mature, and rather handsome. Not exactly common in Japanese games.

21 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I guess it goes without saying, but world with no words also includes written words, I take it.

Actually that is answered in the Caster's description.:

After a mere three years, his intellect and abilities surpassed even that of the world’s most renowned alchemists.

So great was his skill that he soon amassed a sizeable following of admiring apprentices. But in a world without words, none of them could quite keep up with his genius.

While he tried his best to communicate through simple vocalizations and invented scripts, these would mysteriously vanish as soon as they manifested.

I imagine the curse goes by intent. If trying consciously to write or speak anything resembling a word, poof! Intention would get around FE Fates's possible issue of the Cucumber Salad, you know, the Salad that makes Croutons instantly Digested because you can't say a word about Cucumber or anything related to it.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

It has been brought to my attention

F664IUUXYAANBAh?format=jpg&name=360x360

that Frey has uh, nipple chains on her breastplate. My question is, why?

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Curious why then they list voice actors in the above link. Battle grunts? Beating the big bad unlocks the ability to speak?

Well nothing says they can't internalize their thoughts.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

ngcb1

Black, kinda mature, and rather handsome. Not exactly common in Japanese games.

Maybe it's my limited selection but i feel Japan's been stepping it up with it's black rep.

Any Earthmate worth revering needs to be able to win a tug of war against a buffamoo using only their milkers.

...I need to get back to RF5.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Maybe it's my limited selection but i feel Japan's been stepping it up with it's black rep.

I'm as limited, perhaps even more than you. But I could see a gradual improvement being possible, perhaps owing to an eye towards attracting greater international sales, since the Japanese market alone nowadays might not suffice.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

How will this factor into the canon? And thinking of Tetris blocks, there is one things I can visualize turned into a piece.

XCX2 will have NLA doing Tetris Tournaments.

Ah, yes, I remember lots of people wondering the same through the years. XD

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well nothing says they can't internalize their thoughts.

I'd lean on both. Voiced thoughts and grunts (grunts aren't words, after all), then the curse is broken at some point.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I imagine the curse goes by intent. If trying consciously to write or speak anything resembling a word, poof! Intention would get around FE Fates's possible issue of the Cucumber Salad, you know, the Salad that makes Croutons instantly Digested because you can't say a word about Cucumber or anything related to it.

I'm reminded that you can talk about Anankos just fine. Funny how they never think on that. Then again, I don't think Anankos is mentioned pre-split. I know they talk about Anankos in Conquest Chapter 7, at least.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

XCX2 will have NLA doing Tetris Tournaments.

Displayed on BLADE Tower for the public to witness. Now that that the number thingy isn't needed anymore, they should find a new use for that big prominent screen. People are going to get tired of the MiraCle Water™️ ads and public service announcements on repeat.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Displayed on BLADE Tower for the public to witness. Now that that the number thingy isn't needed anymore, they should find a new use for that big prominent screen. People are going to get tired of the MiraCle Water™️ ads and public service announcements on repeat.

I'm reminded we do have this:

Sadly, building isn't wide enough, heh.