Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

ever tried playing Mobas?

No, i generally dont play competitively, since I tend to... Not hold back my feelings, lets just put it that way. Xd

• Replies 179.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Gonna wait on his side of the story but this fucking sucks man.

This the latest e-celeb to turn out to be a sexual predator or is it something else? I can't seem to find anything with a quick search so it's not blown up quite yet.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This the latest e-celeb to turn out to be a sexual predator or is it something else? I can't seem to find anything with a quick search so it's not blown up quite yet.

Chuggaconroy was one of the YouTube OGs. He pioneered the Let's Play genre and he notably hasn't really abandoned his style since then when most YouTubers of the era who are still around shifted their styles quite a bit.

Now let's go!😄🤖

Spoiler

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-11-07-42.png

First things first, picking out the Banpresto Original things. I was thinking about this for the past day or two.

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-11-08-55.png

Hmm...

My most recent SRW run was a male lead and a Real. I think Moon Dwellers went Male-Super and Female-Real (which is what they did with J)? 

My hunch is GC favors Reals, if it has any slant. Saber vs. Gunner also sounds like melee vs. range, and range I'd say is preferable.

My choice.:

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-11-09-56.png

I like the look of Saber more. And I like mixing things up from the later OG canon. (Like, Kusuha and Lamia are the only OG-canon Super Females, outside of Masoukishin.) Not like the Banpresto Original is ever anything worse than good.

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-11-11-03.png

Chaos is a rainbow, that's a choice of words I haven't heard before. But if chaos is diversity, then let it stand!🏳️‍🌈

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-11-11-14.png

Or X.E.N.O.N. in the Xbox retitled-XO port.

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-11-11-31.png

These silly shadows do nothing to hide what you look like.😛

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-11-11-56.png

UC79, as early as it gets.😃

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-11-12-05.png

*Begins writing Must Kill list*

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-11-12-29.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-16-11-12-41.png

Let the Super Robot Wars begin!

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-11-13-27.png

Wait...

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-11-14-01.png

...Meteor-3! Run for your lives!

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-11-15-05.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-16-11-23-51.png

...You're not Septuagint?😕

-Yeah I know I skipped over a lot of the first scenario's dialogue, though I did enjoy it...

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-11-16-16.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-16-11-16-38.png

Why doesn't he pilot it if he has the hot blood? Be like Zoldark and get in yourself ya lazybones!😝

Not being confined to a tiny square is nice for the portraits. The extra space helps clarify things.

Now to the first battle!

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-11-23-38.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-16-11-26-03.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-16-11-26-26.png

A two-pilot unit. IIRC from looking at Moon Dwellers on Akurasu, Fairey got replaced by the other OG protagonist (doing what they did with R and making the leads into twins) as the sub-pilot and the two GC Originals got combined? I wonder what happened to Miss Fairey then.

The Soul Saber doesn't look too shabby. An automatic S terrain rank is unexpected. And of course this is going to get upgraded later. Doesn't scream "Super!" either, maybe because GC does not appear to use bright colors? The headpiece between the eyes makes me think of Dragonar-1 if anything.

Will say the female protagonist has a nice enough personality, average girl-ish it seems, and not in a bad way.

Also, Support being a singular skill that works on both phases as opposed to separate Offensive and Defensive versions, haven't seen that since OG1 GBA.😆

As for the other two units...

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-11-27-01.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-16-11-29-11.png

The Earth Defense Force is entrusting the protection of Japan to elementary school children.

Childhood is a such a bourgeoisie concept, one isn't truly part of the proletariat unless they're working, so fine by me!🤪

Though I suppose the Earth Federation has to, if they're so short-staffed. I mean, with it being UC 79, how many mass-producible mobile suits do they even have? Or pilots trained to use them? And since when have fighter jets and tanks ever been effective against fantasy giant robots?

Oh yes, the robots.:

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-11-28-32.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-16-11-28-54.png

Trider G7, the last of the loose super robot anime trio formed with Daitarn and Zambot. Now I get to meet you. I can see the resemblance to its spiritual brethren. Looks pretty good from the get-go.

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-11-45-31.png

You slap 7 in its name, yet you show not seven forms?🤨

What, did Trider French Maid not seem practical? Did Trider Tricycle have a transformation flaw that snapped the cockpit and the pilot within in half?

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-11-31-30.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-16-11-31-39.png

Raijin-Oh yeah!😄

Three pilots and natural HP and EN Regens are good. Will totally use. A smaller Super too at M-size I see.

Raijin-Oh only appeared in like SRW Neo after this its debut IIRC, so I'll definitely make it a fixture of my team.

First battle was a little slow, and the atmosphere impacted by the battle text issue that I immediately afterwards looked up and fixed.

I liked the BGMs new to me, Raijin-Oh's being the best, pretty light and uplifting, not the heavy grandiosity I'd associate with Supers. While SRW spritework is usually lovely and easier for creating tight and flashy animations that wow, I don't mind the swap to 3D models for this game.

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-12-04-50.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-16-12-05-32.png

Sounds a little complex, but only on paper it turns out.

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-12-16-37.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-16-12-16-33.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-16-12-16-18.png

And they all have different stats and weapon loadouts. This adds a small measure of distinctiveness to the Original.

For the second battle, I decided to give the Gunner Guard a spin.

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-12-14-41.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-16-12-56-09.png

Okay, the MAP attack ain't great but nothing is after being enthralled by Meioh. Yet it still has the most range, I like that. And the highest HP and thickest armor too, an L-sized Super shouldn't be expected to dodge anything, so F on the bottom isn't great. The 1 Movement difference can be fixed with a Booster which SRW loves handing out.

Maybe I'll try GF next battle, its access to Blast Sword should let me slip in some progress towards the Melee Ace Bonus when I use it (Akimi b/c OG lead will get it no prob). Plus it still has enough range for my liking, and a slightly higher offense.

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-12-23-27.png

My intro to Neo Getter vs. Shin Get, hm. Hayato has his "Tell your children to run away from this man if they see him!" appearance like Armageddon/SRW30. So it begins (at least in GC's case) as a new generation of Go-Getters replacing the defeated. My eyes and heart to open to how this will go, and eventually turn either into a rivalry, or maybe Ryoma shows up berserked in a Getter.

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-12-41-49.png

Something something American gun rights and world police-ism. 

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-12-42-03.png

All three weapons cost ammo, and the weakest has only 10 rounds. He's got attack issues.

I do like the NGRv.SGR Texas Mack redesign, and that for its pilots too.

I spent the battle turtling on Saotome Labs for the terrain bonuses and making use of. Will continue this later today.

If I didn't know GC has no splits, these first two chapters would've made me think this was a case of initial chapter deviation based on your choice of OG Protag mech. 

SRW is good.😊

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Chuggaconroy was one of the YouTube OGs. He pioneered the Let's Play genre and he notably hasn't really abandoned his style since then when most YouTubers of the era who are still around shifted their styles quite a bit.

His new age Paper Mario opinions are also incredibly based. XD

TIL Hicks lost CyL 2. Well, Bloom lost CyL 2, but Hicks was the lowest-ranking playable character.

I can't fucking believe this. I legit have enough playable characters I like that have lost CyL to fill an entire banner. Then Alder can be the Grand Hero Battle.

God fucking damn my contrarianism...

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'm aware of who he is, vaguely, I've just never watched a second of footage from him in my life, I don't think.

What's he done, then?

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What's he done, then?

So the allegations allege he sexually harassed another content creator by trying to get her to foot fetish RP with him in the chat.

Thinking about it now tho, knowing he has admitted in the past to just being horrendous with understanding social cues, I think he genuinely just didn't get the hint that he was crossing boundaries. I'll wait for his response.

16 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Don't jinx it.😐

Hey I'm just looking at the material conditions, and according to definitely very trustworthy historian John Glubb our Empire has reached the 250 year mark and will soon collapse because...uh *Reads the Fate of Empires book* We gave too many rights to women and...allowed an influx of too many foreigners...or something.

16 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

How much are you actually looking up again?

Just the map secrets page given to me. All else is blind.

16 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Define "normal".

Also, please no. Balkanization is the name for the term for a reason. You bring the Yugoslavian Wars here and I might as well just kill myself already to save the trouble...

Hey I'm just saying, only three countries with largely straight borders? Ugly, Alaska looks terrible as a US state, the straight line between Canada and the US is uncomfortably artificial. Either the US annexes all of Canada or the continent just breaks apart and creates much more satisfying borders based off of geography and war. The map would look so much better.

2 hours ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Alright then, here’s an interesting question for you folks. Who is a protagonist you really enjoyed in their game, book, film, T.V. Show etc and why?

I'd say Edelgard but almost more the idea of her rather than the execution. I find her in theory to be more interesting than the other lords of Three Houses, both as a protagonist and an antagonist. In practice, the most interesting things about her are either tucked away in support conversations that many players might never see on a first playthrough or when she is the antagonist. As a protagonist she only plays second fiddle to the real main character, as the other lords as well, and for that reason she's kind of just a cardboard cutout for most of her own route. The story is very blunt in its progression and little space is given for characterization outside of supports, the most we get with Edelgard is her fangirling over Byleth which is the last thing I feel a story about her should be focusing on. 

4 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Hey I'm just saying, only three countries with largely straight borders? Ugly, Alaska looks terrible as a US state, the straight line between Canada and the US is uncomfortably artificial. Either the US annexes all of Canada or the continent just breaks apart and creates much more satisfying borders based off of geography and war. The map would look so much better.

Alternatively let's just Maximum Destiny.

Just now, Armagon said:

So the allegations allege he sexually harassed another content creator by trying to get her to foot fetish RP with him in the chat.

Thinking about it now tho, knowing he has admitted in the past to just being horrendous with understanding social cues, I think he genuinely just didn't get the hint that he was crossing boundaries. I'll wait for his response.

Foot fetish RP? Great, because foot folks needed to be given even more of a bad name after Dan Schneider.

I actually recognize the accuser. She's the one who made that one video about Channel Awesome and then other things nobody knows about. I've watched the one video.

Welp, here we go again. Can't wait for this to cause a bunch of noise, inevitably blow over over time and ultimately have no impact on his career whatsoever regardless of whether he is actually guilty of something, Just An Asshole or innocent entirely.

2 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

No, i generally dont play competitively, since I tend to... Not hold back my feelings, lets just put it that way. Xd

Then you haven't seen the worst yet 😛

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'd wait, especially since the pics really are without context atm, or any proof that it is even him (from what i saw)

Edit: she posted proof it's gim

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

knowing he has admitted in the past to just being horrendous with understanding social cues, I think he genuinely just didn't get the hint that he was crossing boundaries.

Not an excuse

IF the allegations are true

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

VqkPVj3.png

Ahh, too bad. Fun game tho, very close until ~5 minutes before the end. Better goalie on the German side, but France had the better defense as a whole.

Some surprising results elsewhere, too. Spain (silver two years ago, bronze in the World Cup last year) got kicked out by Austria. Norway ties against the Faeroe and loses to Slovenia, although they still move on to the second round.

7 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Not an excuse

IF the allegations are true

It isn't but I also feel this isn't like a ZeRo situation.

It's really going to depend on what his response is. If he tries to deflect blame, it's joever.

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

@GuardianSing @Saint Rubenio @Acacia Sgt @Interdimensional ObserverI think this might interest you guys.

A fun scenario. My ancestors certainly lucked out there. Probably the reason why they then just incompetently squandered it all until now we're just some country nobody cares about at the butt of Europe.

Not that I particularly mind. We deserved it.

27 minutes ago, Armagon said:

@GuardianSing @Saint Rubenio @Acacia Sgt @Interdimensional ObserverI think this might interest you guys.

I'd note that he doesn't talk about the Aztec Empire and its political climate as much as what I think should be necessary for a discussion like this. The way that the Aztec Empire functioned was different from how we typically think of empires functioning, it being more of a coalition of city states that by force or otherwise needed to pay tribute to Tenochtitlan. If European guns and steel got into the hands of coastline states first I'd sooner predict an immediate civil war that would break apart the triple alliance and go back to the old days of city states fighting each other for local power.

Other than that, as someone who is half Maya, you'll forgive me for not seeing this alternate history as anything more than a slight variation of events than a fundamental change. In either setting, the result is the same.

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

Other than that, as someone who is half Maya, you'll forgive me for not seeing this alternate history as anything more than a slight variation of events than a fundamental change. In either setting, the result is the same.

Yeah it doesn't change too much. Colonization still happens but this time the Spanish don't essentially have a monopoly on it and indigenous people get to resist smallpox after a while.

Though if it's centered in the.....center, the natives of the north and south wouldn't have that exposure and thus, adapted to those diseases.

If you wanted a much grander alt history where indigenous communities survive more intact, there's this

But even he says this is full on speculation at that point and it requires the Reconquista to have failed in the first place.

On 1/15/2024 at 8:31 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

I will vote the same people I vote every year, and will continue to vote every year because they'll never get in.

Maybe some of them will be like Veld, and get in despite having only 13 votes. He got treated pretty well too.

On 1/15/2024 at 10:58 AM, Interdimensional Observer said:

When people think of "the ends of the universe", they speak as if they wish to head to reach the eastern horizon, or the western, or the far north or south.

Who wants to reach the bottom of the universe?

Meditate on that.

The universe is infinite, so it has no top, bottom or any boundaries. However, it does have an end of time, which is where the Restaurant at the End of the Universe is set.

Perhaps relevantly to @Armagon's interests, the third Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy book is based on the script of an unmade Doctor Who film, since Douglas Adams wrote a few Doctor Who serials in addition to the HGttG series. Adams did have some trouble thinking of any Hitchhiker's characters who would be actually interested in saving the universe though.

On 1/15/2024 at 10:58 AM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Remind me- does Pikmin give you maps of the regions?

Since you have a spaceship that spends the nights circling overhead the places you visit in day, not having detailed maps in advance doesn't make a ton of sense. Unless good planetary surface scanners are too expensive for the little whistle-blowing people in space suits. -But I get that realism isn't always a top priority in video games and that's fine.

Every game does, but in Pikmin 1 you have to get the Whimsical Radar first, which is available early on. Now that I think about it, how many first installments can you think of that have a 1 retroactively added to their title?

And to be fair, Olimar starts off with a mostly wrecked ship in the first game.

On 1/15/2024 at 1:15 PM, Armagon said:

Yeah it's a known fact that thunderstorms didn't exist until Benjamin Franklin came up with it. Heinous man really, creating such dangerous weather conditions.

Darn American revisionism, everyone knows that Zeus invented lightning and introduced it to the ancient Greeks. Though apparently there's some kind of lawsuit as to which ancient deity really came up with the idea; I'm putting my money on a Proto-Indo-European god, personally.

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Maybe I'll spare a vote for Ivy. It'd be terribly out of place among rock bottom contenders, but I kinda wanna contribute to the cause of Engage beating Three Houses. And well, she's a damn good character too. We'll see. There's still a good few days left.

You could rationalize it by saying she's related to Hyacinth, so a win for her is technically a win for him.

Rip Diamant, Brodia's throne will be ruled by a zombie killed to take out 3-13 Archer

Not a big loss all things considered - and it was a calculated sacrifice to save Rosado and Chloe - still stings

Rip Citrinne - someone decided to miss a crucial Chain attack - a misscalculation on my part i admit - but she was also the weakest unit in the squad, although her nuclear MAG will be missed for sure

Did i let my guard down after Ch.17....

Also, nice thread, Beardman!

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Yeah it doesn't change too much. Colonization still happens but this time the Spanish don't essentially have a monopoly on it and indigenous people get to resist smallpox after a while.

Though if it's centered in the.....center, the natives of the north and south wouldn't have that exposure and thus, adapted to those diseases.

If you wanted a much grander alt history where indigenous communities survive more intact, there's this

But even he says this is full on speculation at that point and it requires the Reconquista to have failed in the first place.

Depressing that in any alt history we still have to get invaded for it to make sense, it's our lot in life to be second class citizens and the best we hope for is to have "nicer" colonizers. Because in any alternate history that tries to keep the Americas completely independent from outside control in a way that is realistic we would have to shift American history so far back it would require sources and histories that we don't have because they were destroyed during the conquests.

That being said, going back to the other video about Cortes, I do wonder if any interest in conquering the new world would actually occur in Europe had he failed to do so. History doesn't work by EU4 rules and if Cortes left the Americas with guns, cannons, and other things to reverse engineer, the desire to conquer them might've long left the powers of Europe, for much the same reason those powers weren't looking to conquer fragmented Japan, India, and all of Africa. Organizing a sufficient army and sending them across a several month journey by caravel would've been far too expensive and too unreliable to be considered worth it.