Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

56 minutes ago, ping said:

As a skeleton, you really have an unfair advantage when it comes to fat jokes. But since you also lack a brain, I don't know if you're in a position to make jokes about anybody's intelligence.

My lack of a brain is what got me here. We're all in the same boat.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Why not do both? You're dying to do both, I know.

You're a true American.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Why

The

fuck

Can

he

use

STAVES?????

Iago moment.

I think this may have been hard coded. That or the modder still wanted to keep the obstacle of an enemy staff boss.

That said, he doesn't have the Micaiah staff buffs so now Warping 4 enemies at once.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Personally, I'm just kinda sad that we don't seem like we're getting a Lego Indy in the style of Skywalker Saga. Skywalker Saga had about as much depth as a half-evaporated puddle, but with only five movies to tackle instead of nine, they could definitely have fleshed out each adventure more in an Indy game

Tbf even Skywalker Saga only came out a few years after TRoS. Dial of Destiny just came out.

fT0RTqM.png

I can't lose him - if i do, i will need to go full evasion on Veyle to survive xD

His fucking low lck scares tf outta me tho

2bMn2mn.png

I still need to go to somsom to get food and prepare and stuff

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Who's bouching now, fuckers?"

- Boucheron, probably.

qjkXAWd.png

He's gotta do it

"Hmm, the fact that Mauvier and Micaiah are both now on the player's side kinda breaks this map's ambush. What to do?"

"I know! Just cheap and let Vandad use staves!"

kinda annoyed ngl

also Mauv died XD

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That said, he doesn't have the Micaiah staff buffs so now Warping 4 enemies at once

I hope

5 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

My lack of a brain is what got me here. We're all in the same boat.

Hey. That isn't true. You're a very smart skeleton, as derived from your unit takes.

5 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

You're a true American.

That's going too far.

We duel at midnight.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I think this may have been hard coded.

I doubt it, considering Mauvier is both in a class that can use staves and equipped with the ring that lets you use staves as any class. No need to do any hardcoding at all. This was probably just a bit of cheating on the dev's part to preserve the funny rewarp squad moment.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Tbf even Skywalker Saga only came out a few years after TRoS. Dial of Destiny just came out.

Yeah, that's a fair point. Perhaps in a few years we'll see something.

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

fT0RTqM.png

I can't lose him - if i do, i will need to go full evasion on Veyle to survive xD

...yeesh... He doesn't look so hot, I won't lie. Statistically speaking. Noodle strength, speed not nearly good enough to double on maddening... Defense and HP are good, but tanking stops being viable in this game's maddening lategame. And Leif is just garbage.

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

qjkXAWd.png

He's gotta do it

That's actually a dreadful unit.

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

kinda annoyed ngl

also Mauv died XD

F

The old people squad is forever incomplete.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's going too far.

We duel at midnight.

See Ruben, you are an American. After all, dueling was once an American pass time.

"Dueling existed before the Americas" ah but you see, they used swords back then. Poor people weapons. Not like us Americans, where we use rich people weapons (guns).

Perhaps in a few years we'll see something.

Me waiting to see an updated Lego Pirates of the Caribbean that has the fifth movie.

jRH3hVn.png

The real carry

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

He doesn't look so hot, I won't lie

?

For the current chapter he is great

Noodle strength

No?

I have people running around with 10 less STR that can kill stuff

speed not nearly good enough to double on maddening

for the current chapter, the only things he can't double are wolves and Swordmasters

but tanking stops being viable in this game's maddening lategame.

Not really - there're some spots where a tank is valuable

And Leif is just garbage

Here's the thing with Leif - there's one great build with him

The build i like to call the flier sweeper

Leif + Hurricane Axe

Deletes fliers all game along - only like the last 2 maps you will have some trouble if you don't have someone with like 20 Mag - i am saving some stat boosters for that

Rosado here not only sweeps fliers, but does other flier job well

I don't know what stats you are expecing on maddening exactly for the player party - outside from like 3 or 4 members, you aren't getting much higher than that (by the current chapter anyway, there's still 8 chapters + 7 paralogues to go, the stats will increase) - your kit does the rest

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

The Storm Breaks.:

Spoiler

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-13-06-38.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-18-13-07-21.png

This is the lady of the Zabis, dressed for war is not what I expected of her. Looks like one cold blood & steel lady, no appearance of kindness and gentility hiding a ruthless mastermind. 

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-13-10-17.png

-Sneaks into the enemy's "greatest stronghold" undetected. More than just a good pilot, aren't you?

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-13-12-18.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-18-13-34-58.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-18-13-23-29.png

How many times are you going to use a water-oriented mobile suit Char? Did you really have to paint it your colors?

Lots of enemies, including the DJ Squad, the map looked intimidating at first. 

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-13-36-33.png

But then I noticed this beneath the trees. The White Base can't move for this fight, so I surrounded it with EN-using Supers and the D-2 and D-3, and parked the remaining Reals on the surrounding jungle. I also did a quick reset to adjust the Soul Saber to GG Frame for maximum long-range bombardment, and maxed the White Base's HP with 7/10 upgrades in Armor, plus I slapped three Chobams and my one Hybrid on it, an excessive amount of precaution. Made things quite easy. Not the fastest clear, but sticking to the healing terrain is my gut instinct on a first SRW run, before I know when everyone and everything joins/gets upgraded and what enemies to expect on each map.

...Why did the Federation build its most important base underneath the rainforest?

Also, why the change in music to the MSG track that Lalah used in AP as her battle theme? It doesn't sound right, the piano is calm, the overall composition is too relaxed, how it is a war theme? 

First wave cleared, onto the second episode comprising the Battle of Jaburo.

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-15-12-19.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-18-15-15-08.png

This retrofitted here waaaay better than the lategame "Haman tries to conquer the Earth Mariemaia just gained and lost in 30 minutes" battle AP threw him in. I like having 08 here.

Though why does Jaburo have protection against the Ap III's massive laser? Should the Fed have even been able to conceive of such an attack?

While the Apsalus III had a MAP, Ginias never got close enough to use it. Because, while I didn't have to...

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-15-54-44.png

Shiro got the kill, in GC style.

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-15-53-38.png

Wasn't expecting insanity on his deathbed, I didn't remember how his demise went in AP.

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-15-29-43.png

This Other IP Guy took this job seriously, I like that. Amuro joined to G-Fighter Sayla literally soloed the Giganos forces here.

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-15-06-38.png

He reached Evasion Ace, 100 dodges = +10 Evade. Small, sadly Kill Ace is the only Ace Bonus that can become even stronger.

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-16-17-20.png

Same fight, first to Kill Ace and Skill Ace (which comes with -10% weapon EN costs). Not bad whatsoever for being stuck with the un-upgraded Gundam.

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-15-32-45.png

Akimi made Ranged Ace, yaaaay +1 Range to all Ranged weapons. And after the upcoming sub-scenario, she got Defense Ace, which is both +10 Defense and +10% Armor, curious that Evade Ace doesn't get a parallel +10% Mobility, maybe they recognized the strength of evasion.

Akimi is actually third in total kills, Watta is second place. The Soul Saber at least, IDK about the Soul Gunner, isn't particularly strong to start as far as Banpresto Originals go, that I've seen. Not weak, but this ain't no Granteed.

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-16-00-53.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-18-16-00-41.png

Since the White Base could move this time, I chose to capture all four battleships that I could. Doubled money for selling them, without need SP for Bless/Luck. Battleships are very easy to bag so it takes little time to do it.

The second half of Jaburo was same map, so same tactic, but even easier. Made so much money that the cost of upgrades for the White Base were fully covered.

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-16-11-02.png

Great, now we can

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-16-11-08.png

not relax.

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-17-11-00.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-18-17-11-09.png

The quintessential mecha captain is now, officially, a captain as he should be.

And the heroes got rewarded with their independent battalion status, we've entered the SRW midgame this means.😄

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-16-11-51.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-18-16-11-56.png

If this is directly taken from MSG, than I can see where the later part of OG1 came from. Where the heroes just fly around fighting the Aerogaters, keeping the aliens attention off the rest of the Feds before they commence Operation SRW, all of this after the post-Bian DC was crushed outside of Geneva.

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-16-13-45.png

An old-fashioned monarchist, no surprise.

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-16-13-15.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-18-16-13-24.png

Aren't you planning to betray us soon, Your Godliness? Why do you care about long-term debts? If the Muge are around and hanging out in space where we're going, I don't see you staying in good company much longer.

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-17-08-36.png

But first we have some unfinished business on Earth.

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-17-43-41.png

I fulfill the incredibly easy secret. Which actually ends the map, so I reload to sneak in a couple more kills.

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-17-53-34.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-18-17-53-35.png

But why doesn't Norris this devoted old man join if you spare him like in A?🤨 I thought he was a servant of the Sahalin family above all else.

And thus concludes Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team. A short story, but charming enough and given the good fortune of being set in its natural early UC Gundam setting. If I can find a good (without the word "relative thrown in front) non-Newtype mobile suit later (keeping in mind I could possibly capture one), maybe Shiro could swap into it, or I could grind a later game sub-scenario and max out the Ez8.

7 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Most broken class found?

Well it's certainly a wyvern knight. No forelegs. 

Maybe the promotion will give it one of these.:

image.png

7 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Unicorn-Overlord_2024_01-18-24_050-320x2

Kinshi Knight but cute?

The mask is... why is it there? Does it blind the wearer so they can hear the sound of a butterfly flapping its wings a few kilos away?

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Glad to see some more exaggerated Vanillaware designs making it through. I remember @Interdimensional Observer saying the designs so far felt kinda subdued and they still are but at least this shows they still have room for the more "fun" ones.

You are right. The design itself is fairly basic here, but the posing for the artwork adds some Vanillaware flair.

Unicorn-Overlord_2024_01-18-24_024-1280x720.jpg

Likewise, the spell could be crazier, but it has a nice pop of color to it, with hands and collarbone (?) having good strong curved lines that catch the eye.

GEKsXmYbEAAV1Hq?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Xenoblade 3 lore/artbook announced. Releasing April 1st. There's a website where you can send questions to the devs and they may get answered in this.

Also forget everything else, this Noah/Mio artwork has me ascending.

@Shrimpy -Limited Edition- @Lightchao42 @Lightcosmo

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The mask is... why is it there? Does it blind the wearer so they can hear the sound of a butterfly flapping its wings a few kilos away?

I'd say it's like flight goggles. Reduces the wind getting in your eyes. Though i imagine our playable lot wouldn't have those.

20 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Likewise, the spell could be crazier, but it has a nice pop of color to it, with hands and collarbone (?) having good strong curved lines that catch the eye

Tbf it's just a still image here. Probably looks even better in motion.

It's good to know that "Vinesauce" is Vinny's actual last name.

40 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Xenoblade 3 lore/artbook announced. Releasing April 1st. There's a website where you can send questions to the devs and they may get answered in this.

It's been 3000 years... I was wondering if there wasn't going to be an artbook this time but I'm glad to be wrong.

This is the questionnaire website, which is in Japanese. Most of the questions are about your feelings on the game overall, and there's also a question asking about any mysteries you'd like to be explained. I still think XC3 could've used an extra infodump at the end, but I have trouble remembering what my questions were at the moment.

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And those guys who showed up well past their expiration date in AP, even upgraded to I forget what, but they were I think ZZ or CCA suits. And they only perished in the third-to-last battle, or fourth, I forget exactly.

They appeared in Dreissens, which are Neo Zeon mechas, yes.

AP certainly dragged a lot of guys to the end. Not just the Black Tri-Stars, but even a Stardust Memories guy (Kallius, if I recall) also showed up in the Neo Zeon chapters.

Well, it was sort of their last hurrah, since, again, Alpha 1 / A was their last appearance, GC notwithstanding.

...I think they died? Their profiles said they canonically died in this battle and the leader's death quote sounded like it. Again, contrast with A. All of Amuro's early little victims are losing their heads as quickly as they spring up.

Yeah. They had been hyped, and could show up their Jet Stream Attack... but Amuro would quickly neutralize it by killing one of them, then the other two died not long after.

This sounds like it was a planned operation? Odessa didn't feel like it to me. Just another assault by Zeon-Giganos as the WB heads to Jaburo.

Well, in the anime it was certainly was a big battle.

He totally would.

No longer restrained by the original anime continuity, Hayato be flexing his true character, pft.

After all, it is said to be a Getter Pilot is to be a Superior Pilot... or Insane. Which of them are the trio? Yes.

Why do those chosen by the rays of evolution take on such atavistic expressions?🤔

The Will of Getter?

What are dinosaurs doing in Antarctica?🥶 *Searches "Were dinosaurs ectothermic?"* They weren't, okay then!

Even if not, these are evolved dinosaurs (not Getter induced evolution, however)... but still not birds.

From a gameplay perspective, SRW being what it is, I don't see some of these small-town heroes and their pretty standard-issues mechs holding up well against the Newtypes (or Kou, GP-03 is plenty good judging from AP) or the imposing Super IPs. -Unless you gave them one of those newfangled "sets strongest weapon to 6000 power" parts that 30 has.

So I get why these side-stories wouldn't show up anymore if they had simply no long-term viability, and Banpresto thought that more important than any narrative contributions they could make.

Well, the old games did had the V-Up units, which would boost stats and/or weapons by the number of part slots. Units like the 8th Gundam would compensate being weaker by being the ones with the full four part slots, so they got the maximum boost by V-Units. Not coincidentally, V-Units stopped appearing after A / Impact too...

But yeah, they just can't catch up. GC giving them a proper time to shine since it was using the OYW anyway is like the best thing to happen for them in SRW. Early games wouldn't use too much their stories either, as it were. Well, War in the Pocket did got lots in Alpha 1, to the point Bernie ended as Haman's second in command at some point... if only because everyone else was dead or incapacitated. XD lol

I know I thank you a lot for all your explanations, but giving thanks is good when its warranted, so thank you again!😃

No problem! I do love to talk about these things, after all.

Ware Ibis, the Star of Magus (Filio)! *Zooms at mach ♾️ in a Machine Cell'ed Altairlion* There is nothing I cannot cut through!🌠

And good inquiry! Giving a teasing taste of a protagonist to come? Showing him a little favoritism? We can't say, though it'd be nice if they admitted/denied such.

Perhaps. Still, one must wonder why Sanger out of the four Alpha 2 protagonists... assuming they were already set before Alpha Gaiden became a thing. I don't think they've ever revealed much of the exact process was when brainstorming the Alpha timeline. We've gotten quite a fair bit of info, but not a full picture yet.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

This is the lady of the Zabis, dressed for war is not what I expected of her. Looks like one cold blood & steel lady, no appearance of kindness and gentility hiding a ruthless mastermind. 

Fitting for a Zabi.

-Sneaks into the enemy's "greatest stronghold" undetected. More than just a good pilot, aren't you?

Fun fact. I don't know how canon it is to the main timeline, but in The Origin, Char actually gets some help from one of the local native american tribes. I think they state which one was it, but I don't remember right now. He's shown in Caracas, before making his way south towards Jaburo.

How many times are you going to use a water-oriented mobile suit Char? Did you really have to paint it your colors?

Well, how often he'll fight in Earth? ~70% water surface, yo!

...Why did the Federation build its most important base underneath the rainforest?

Mindful to the environment? In a world where space colonies could rain down from the sky might as well make a giant underground fortress?

Also, why the change in music to the MSG track that Lalah used in AP as her battle theme? It doesn't sound right, the piano is calm, the overall composition is too relaxed, how it is a war theme? 

Well, it is not named Soldiers of Sorrow for nothing... 

This retrofitted here waaaay better than the lategame "Haman tries to conquer the Earth Mariemaia just gained and lost in 30 minutes" battle AP threw him in. I like having 08 here.

Though why does Jaburo have protection against the Ap III's massive laser? Should the Fed have even been able to conceive of such an attack?

The 08th Team really ate well in this game.

Well, as I said, when you fear colony drops...

Wasn't expecting insanity on his deathbed, I didn't remember how his demise went in AP.

I think it was the same? Insanity over his precious Apsalus Project.

In the anime, Shiro and Aina would ram... I forgot if it was the Apsalus II or the 8th, but they basically rammed the Apsalus III and caused it to blow up. That's also where Shiro lost half his leg. I think Aina was with him precisely because he couldn't pilot properly without the leg.

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-15-29-43.png

This Other IP Guy took this job seriously, I like that. Amuro joined to G-Fighter Sayla literally soloed the Giganos forces here.

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-15-06-38.png

He reached Evasion Ace, 100 dodges = +10 Evade. Small, sadly Kill Ace is the only Ace Bonus that can become even stronger.

Oh, hadn't noticed this until now. Different types of Aces? Interesting. And reminds me a bit of Tactics Ogre Knight of Lodis emblem system.

The quintessential mecha captain is now, officially, a captain as he should be.

A glorious return to the player party being Londo Bell, heh. Since nowadays they all get a different designation.

If this is directly taken from MSG, than I can see where the later part of OG1 came from. Where the heroes just fly around fighting the Aerogaters, keeping the aliens attention off the rest of the Feds before they commence Operation SRW, all of this after the post-Bian DC was crushed outside of Geneva.

For the record, Operation Star One... is the Battle of A Baoa Qu. As in, the very last battle of the OYW.

Aren't you planning to betray us soon, Your Godliness? Why do you care about long-term debts? If the Muge are around and hanging out in space where we're going, I don't see you staying in good company much longer.

Maybe he's keeping the act to the bitter end? For its worth, I think the final Dancougar OVA's, The Blazing Epilogue, tried to redeem him, so... make of that as you will regarding any of his actions during the Muge War.

But why doesn't Norris this devoted old man join if you spare him like in A?🤨 I thought he was a servant of the Sahalin family above all else.

And thus concludes Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team. A short story, but charming enough and given the good fortune of being set in its natural early UC Gundam setting. If I can find a good (without the word "relative thrown in front) non-Newtype mobile suit later (keeping in mind I could possibly capture one), maybe Shiro could swap into it, or I could grind a later game sub-scenario and max out the Ez8.

Huh. Strange he doesn't join here.

There should be. Specially here in GC, since you can just capture them.

It's weird to see the Ahriman as a boss when other FF's it's a random enemy.

... well, needless to say, when it's weak to Wind and I have a 99 Job Level Dragoon... he went down like a chump.

Alright, the last stretch now!

9 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Oh yeah a true massacre is happening

Etie

Celine

Hortensia

Chloe

Without a doubt that dumbest move i've done this ironman, and on such an easy map, too....

Yikes, that is a hefty list of deaths there for a single chapter...

8 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:
  • Miccy Paralogue: Diamant, Citrinne
  • Corrin Paralogue: Celine, Etie, Chloe and Hortensia

The paralogues have been really rough on you. Perhaps you took them on a little earlier than you should have? Its hard to tell with some of these at times. Also you have lost a LOT of the magically oriented units.

6 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Jean down, only the Bouch alive from Firene xD

Best boys of Firene making it thr-

6 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

>invests into a low lvl unit and gives him good weapons
>Plan works out and he is doing his job
>Mf'er decides to miss a critical attack
>dies

Another one

ANOTHER ONE

Jean down, only the Bouch alive from Firene xD

Well at least my Bouchy boy is still leading the charge.

5 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I am more afraid of ch.19, especially because....

O7EYNWw.png

Why

The

fuck

Can

he

use

STAVES?????

They really couldn't figure out another way to handle this chapter. Kind of sad really.

fT0RTqM.png

His fucking low lck scares tf outta me tho

Might be a good idea to have the +50 crit avoid engrave around just in case. No one wants a dead Rosado.

jRH3hVn.png

The real carry

Oh wow, that unit I always forget about.

Yeah... this ain't happening tonight. Or soon. As soon she starts using Particle Beam every turn... I swear, the game deliberately makes it harder than it needs. One turn my Devout can act before her and Curaja everyone, but then right next turn CoD acts first, so my team gets wiped out by double Particle Beam.

Hmm... will go need to grind some levels, then...

Also, my pure physical team + Devout finally hit a snag with the immune to physical attacks Tentacle. Well, I still had a large stash of battle items. Before doing damage to the CoD, I can spare the time using Artic Winds and Bomb Cores on the Tentacle. My Devout with Elder Staff is capable of keeping up, specially once my Knight used the Defender on everyone.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Some Space to Exhale.:

Spoiler

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-21-14-04.png

There she is.

And I suppose either the demotion was a lie, or Char is simply too good to not adequately supply. I don't see the other Zabis falling for gratuitous praise.

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-21-14-20.png

"Gadisword", the OG villain group has been named for the first time. -Not like I didn't know of it b/c the Moon Dwellers war has been christened the Fury-Gadisword Conflict.

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-21-15-05.png

??

Clairvoyance? Char buys it 100% no questioning.

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-21-18-46.png

For a moment, I thought these funky-looking mobile armors were more battleships. The shape and green color are too similar.😆

Since they're L-sized, I tried capturing one, except it appears accuracy vs. limbs can deviate from accuracy vs. the Body, hit rates were significantly lower trying to cripple it, so I gave up on doing that.

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-21-48-42.png

Add Ranged Ace to his lineup. Definitely compensates for Newtype being glitched apparently in GC, the +1/2 range bonus doesn't work.

Fighting in space again is problematic for some units now, their S Ground ranks are irrelevant.

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-21-59-43.png

At least he didn't die the "sucked into the vacuum of space" death his bio says, that sounds nightmarish.

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-22-00-01.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-18-22-00-15.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-18-22-00-21.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-18-22-00-26.png

Really trusts her in powers, shouldn't surprise. She has Newtype 5.

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-22-00-41.png

He don't mean the Elmeth.

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-22-02-12.png

The Gadiswords have deployed.

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-22-05-35.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-18-22-03-16.png

-And they act like siblings, and the gal here is oblivious to romance.

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-22-04-54.png

I forgot to take pictures of their stats, but the weaponry is pretty strong for this point. 18k HP each, 110 and 130 Mobility, though both units are L-sized, so hitting them isn't that big a deal.

These two are the first units in the game to have %HP at which they retreat, 30%, which wasn't a problem, Dancouga could easily use the Dancou Cannon Formation to destroy them above the threshold. Casted Bless beforehand as these are worth 10k without it.

Compared to the first encounter with Al-Van and his Raftclans, much easier than that.

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-22-04-26.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-18-22-07-03.png

I don't know whether to cherish or cast aside these units from my mind.

According to Akurasu, as inconceivable as it is for Banpresto, a number of the GC Original designs both playable and enemy, were too similar to some non-Original mechs. Banpresto had no choice but to abandon them and invent new units for Moon Dwellers. This includes the above two, they are never to be featured ever again. They also replaced Best Heavy Industries with Mogami Industries.

Lalah also moved in and attacked me. She gets her own battle music, almost silent, aural, voices echoing through it. The Bits change the background to look cosmic with nebulae, or so I thought for the brief moment of the attack. Very distinctive.

I then had Amuro attack her.

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-22-40-50.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-18-22-40-54.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-18-22-41-06.png

Replicating their first encounter? Again with her personal music for this scene.

Lalah fled as a result of meeting Amuro, so I missed out on a Booster, but the scene was worth it.

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-22-50-59.png

As I thought, one injured badly or destroyed, they both retreat. Thankfully I chose to destroy the one with the Bio Sensor, the other had Hybrid Armor, but I prefer extra Mobility.

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-22-51-16.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-18-22-51-24.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-18-22-51-34.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-18-22-52-03.png

Well this is one polite villain, comes boldly charging toward the battleship, but doesn't start smashing it.

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-22-52-15.png

Gadisword planted the seed of your defection, that's one point for the manipulation column.

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-22-52-29.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-18-22-52-34.png

They need to bring in a real army first, then you've fifteen minutes to talk it over before the fighting begins.

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-22-55-19.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-18-22-55-24.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-18-22-55-40.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-18-22-56-03.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-18-22-56-17.png

"Convenient", watch it Shappy, you've got to pretend to be sane for a little longer.

Now, "vanished from this universe", doesn't have to mean "destroyed". The earlier mention of Daltanious's planet Helios being gone- did C.U.B.E. (or X.E.N.O.N., or X.E.B.E. in OGverse) do it? And if vanished is not the same as destroyed, then perhaps a visit is still possible, maybe.

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-22-56-27.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-18-22-56-41.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-18-22-56-50.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-18-22-58-28.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-18-22-58-40.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-18-22-58-57.png

The OG villain go spreading the news (though not of C.U.B.E.) to the licensed aliens, that's getting hands-on.

All of the above having been said, SRW GC has, maybe a quarter of the way in, revealed the basic truths about its Original evil and its intentions. Rather early to be doing this.

This was a great time to do that. The heroes are newly arrived back into space. While Gundam isn't over yet, the conclusion to 08 and the battle at Jaburo were "first act" climatic moments in want of a breather afterwards.

...The talk of aliens and the great absence of basically any villain other than Zeon and Giganos for the longest time means a sea change must be coming. Not sure how many chapters away it is, but the super robot wars are certain to soon shift from Earthlings vs. Space Earthlings, to Earthlings vs. Aliens.

51 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yeah... this ain't happening tonight. Or soon. As soon she starts using Particle Beam every turn... I swear, the game deliberately makes it harder than it needs. One turn my Devout can act before her and Curaja everyone, but then right next turn CoD acts first, so my team gets wiped out by double Particle Beam.

Hmm... will go need to grind some levels, then...

I was concerned this would happen why didn't you equip AB Fields? Particle Beam protection there. The CoD is a piece of work alright. 

Well, you aren't the first to lose to that overpowered entity🙋‍♂️, hopefully the second try goes much better.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Fun fact. I don't know how canon it is to the main timeline, but in The Origin, Char actually gets some help from one of the local native american tribes. I think they state which one was it, but I don't remember right now. He's shown in Caracas, before making his way south towards Jaburo.

Sounds like the second best thing to come from The Origin? -The first being Amuro spending time in Baja?

Well, it is not named Soldiers of Sorrow for nothing... 

It doesn't even sound remotely sad to me. Part of the blame falls on AP doing a combat reel of the licenses if you leave things on the start screen too long. The sequence always begins with Gundam, so hearing it there... it's like pleasant and educational tutorial music.😆

Oh, hadn't noticed this until now. Different types of Aces? Interesting.

The list on Akurasu:

Ace Bonus Unlock Conditions Bonus Effects
Melee Ace Use Melee attacks 100 times Melee stat +10, Hit Rate +5%, Movement +1
Ranged Ace Use Ranged attacks 100 times Ranged stat +10, Hit Rate +5%, Ranged Weapons Maximum Range +1
Evade Ace Evade attacks 100 times Evasion stat +10
Defense Ace Take damage 100 times Defense stat +10, Unit Armor +10%
Skill Ace Get a critical hit, Activate Shield Defense or Counter 50 times Skill stat +10, Weapon EN cost -10%
Kill Ace Get 50 Kills
Get 100 Kills
Get 150 Kills
Get 200 Kills
Get 250 Kills
At 50 Kills, Starting Will +5 and Funds Earned +10%
At 100 Kills, Starting Will +10 and Funds Earned +20%
At 150 Kills, Starting Will +10 and Funds Earned +30%
At 200 Kills, Starting Will +10 and Funds Earned +40%
At 250 Kills, Starting Will +10 and Funds Earned +50%
Spirit Ace Use Spirit Commands 100 times

SP +10, Sprit Command cost -10%

Would've been cool if things other than Kill Ace had additional levels.

For the record, Operation Star One... is the Battle of A Baoa Qu. As in, the very last battle of the OYW.

Farewell to Amuro so soon?⚰️😛

Well, as I said, when you fear colony drops...

And in this world, they should fear Mass Drivers. -But Giganos hasn't used that thing yet, if it even has it in this universe.

...You're also making me envision an SRWorld which begins with Grados using the Ozone Depletion System. Earthlings must live in space, underground, or in surface domes because the atmosphere is gone. Too bleak for SRW though, at least for a single-dimension game.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

40 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

??

Clairvoyance? Char buys it 100% no questioning.

Well, he does trust Lalah, who is a powerful Newtype to detect such things, perhaps.

I don't know whether to cherish or cast aside these units from my mind.

According to Akurasu, as inconceivable as it is for Banpresto, a number of the GC Original designs both playable and enemy, were too similar to some non-Original mechs. Banpresto had no choice but to abandon them and invent new units for Moon Dwellers. This includes the above two, they are never to be featured ever again. They also replaced Best Heavy Industries with Mogami Industries.

Hmm... maybe since they're 3D models, but I can't see what similarities there could be. Hmm, so it's the same situation, kinda, as the SRW 64 originals. Though in 64's case, it was that the rights to the OG stuff was held by a different company. So here it's just a "Huckebein too similar to a Gundam" situation all over again, huh.

"Convenient", watch it Shappy, you've got to pretend to be sane for a little longer.

Now, "vanished from this universe", doesn't have to mean "destroyed". The earlier mention of Daltanious's planet Helios being gone- did C.U.B.E. (or X.E.N.O.N., or X.E.B.E. in OGverse) do it? And if vanished is not the same as destroyed, then perhaps a visit is still possible, maybe.

I don't know GC's plot in detail, but considering Dancougar is in the roster, I'd bet Muge Space may play a role for spacetime dimensional shenanigans. If I recall, that's also how you traveled to the Einst World in Compact 2 / Impact. Emperor Muge was revived by the Einst (and not counting Char, Muge was the last non-OG enemy to fight in Compact 2 / Impact), who brought Muge Space back, and you used it to travel to the Einst world.

All of the above having been said, SRW GC has, maybe a quarter of the way in, revealed the basic truths about its Original evil and its intentions. Rather early to be doing this.

This was a great time to do that. The heroes are newly arrived back into space. While Gundam isn't over yet, the conclusion to 08 and the battle at Jaburo were "first act" climatic moments in want of a breather afterwards.

...The talk of aliens and the great absence of basically any villain other than Zeon and Giganos for the longest time means a sea change must be coming. Not sure how many chapters away it is, but the super robot wars are certain to soon shift from Earthlings vs. Space Earthlings, to Earthlings vs. Aliens.

That's an interesting approach to structuring the story.

Reminds me a bit to how SRW V did it. Thanks to the three-world setting, the first stages are just Yamato and Crossbone Gundam stuff. Then the world hopping begins and more and more series start coming into the spotlight.

I was concerned this would happen why didn't you equip AB Coats? Particle Beam protection there. The CoD is a piece of work alright. 

Well, you aren't the first to lose to that overpowered entity, hopefully the second try goes much better.

At this point I'm not sure on what exactly to do, beyond just grinding for levels and job levels. I feel I'll just have to get enough HP to survive double Particle Beam. Fortunately I'm at the point I can demolish the random enemies... so it will be lengthy, but eventually I'll get there.

Sounds like the second best thing to come from The Origin? -The first being Amuro spending time in Baja?

Hehe, maybe. I think in the original anime he still sneaked in with some help, but don't remember if it was the same.

The list on Akurasu:

Ace Bonus Unlock Conditions Bonus Effects
Melee Ace Use Melee attacks 100 times Melee stat +10, Hit Rate +5%, Movement +1
Ranged Ace Use Ranged attacks 100 times Ranged stat +10, Hit Rate +5%, Ranged Weapons Maximum Range +1
Evade Ace Evade attacks 100 times Evasion stat +10
Defense Ace Take damage 100 times Defense stat +10, Unit Armor +10%
Skill Ace Get a critical hit, Activate Shield Defense or Counter 50 times Skill stat +10, Weapon EN cost -10%
Kill Ace Get 50 Kills
Get 100 Kills
Get 150 Kills
Get 200 Kills
Get 250 Kills
At 50 Kills, Starting Will +5 and Funds Earned +10%
At 100 Kills, Starting Will +10 and Funds Earned +20%
At 150 Kills, Starting Will +10 and Funds Earned +30%
At 200 Kills, Starting Will +10 and Funds Earned +40%
At 250 Kills, Starting Will +10 and Funds Earned +50%
Spirit Ace Use Spirit Commands 100 times

SP +10, Sprit Command cost -10%

Would've been cool if things other than Kill Ace had additional levels.

Fascinating.

Farewell to Amuro so soon?⚰️😛

Hey, this ain't the novel! XD

And in this world, they should fear Mass Drivers. -But Giganos hasn't used that thing yet, if it even has it in this universe.

...You're also making me envision an SRWorld which begins with Grados using the Ozone Depletion System. Earthlings must live in space, underground, or in surface domes because the atmosphere is gone. Too bleak for SRW though, at least for a single-dimension game.

Well, no need to imagine much, since I'm playing V right now. Since it is a plot point in Yamato that the Gamillas evaporated the Earth's oceans (in-game, the blast also destroyed all the space colonies as well). This is probably the reason why Yamato pretty much got a world almost on its own (Crossbone Gundam being the only other present). Since it'd be hard to have much else compatible with it.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Xenoblade 3 lore/artbook announced

Ayy

Might nab it, will see

4 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Perhaps you took them on a little earlier than you should have?

Nah, i just played like an idiot. Doubly true for Corrin's paralogue where i actually had a plan at the end but for some stupid reason decided to yolo it

Might be burn out also - 5th Engage run in lesd than a yesr after all

Might be a good idea to have the +50 crit avoid engrave around just in case. No one wants a dead Rosado.

Might give him a Tomahawk with it to replace the handaxe yh

Oh wow, that unit I always forget about.

*sad Alpaca noises*

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

See Ruben, you are an American. After all, dueling was once an American pass time.

"Dueling existed before the Americas" ah but you see, they used swords back then. Poor people weapons. Not like us Americans, where we use rich people weapons (guns).

Guns: An American Pride.

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

Me waiting to see an updated Lego Pirates of the Caribbean that has the fifth movie.

They're biding their time to be able to add a secret Amber Heard boss fight without it being controversial

10 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

jRH3hVn.png

The real carry

With those stats?

Damn I was bad at this game.

And tbh

I really really miss Fates - as much i enjoy engage - Fates still reigns supreme imo.

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

With those stats?

Damn I was bad at this game.

Ahaha

Ok, to be real, he can kill people yes, and i had him do so in the chapter before

But i am benching him now for someone else

And tbh

I really really miss Fates - as much i enjoy engage - Fates still reigns supreme imo.

Of course. Engage does not have Garon. That is the most important factor setting good FEs and lesser FEs apart.

Ahaha

Ok, to be real, he can kill people yes, and i had him do so in the chapter before

But i am benching him now for someone else

Poor, poor alpaca boy.

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Engage does not have Garon. That is the most important factor setting good FEs and lesser FEs apart.

And pantless equality as well

And Iago's magnificent laugh

37 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

And pantless equality as well

And Iago's magnificent laugh

Or his magnificent fear face.

3DS_-_Fire_Emblem_Fates_-_Iago.png?ex=65

He may not be the best villain but his design is on point.

In other news, I've finally discovered a new game that's piqued my interesting. And by new I mean PS2.

I won't start it until later, but something curious has happened already. So you see, the game looks preeeetty great for a PS2 game. However, I found that there's a fanmade HD texture pack that makes it look even more great. So far so good, right? Except, some time after the pack's release, the author locked it behind a paywall. It can only be obtained by paying 10 bucks now. Which is, uh... The only reason this person's not gotten in legal trouble is that nobody remembers this game's existence, not even its creators. Who happen to be the same creators of Valkyrie Profile, incidentally.

Fortunately, I was able to find this one guy making a tutorial on how to install the pack (before it was paywalled). In the comments, someone asked him (after it was paywalled) if he still had the pack and if he could upload it, and he agreed. Didn't put up a link, but he did send it to them privately. So, I asked as well, and here it is. What a great guy.

tl;dr: I had to pirate a mod. Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hmm... maybe since they're 3D models, but I can't see what similarities there could be. Hmm, so it's the same situation, kinda, as the SRW 64 originals. Though in 64's case, it was that the rights to the OG stuff was held by a different company. So here it's just a "Huckebein too similar to a Gundam" situation all over again, huh.

Akurasu names the franchise which the un-reused OG units resemble as G-Breaker. The irony is that that appeared in Alpha Dreamcast, the prior 3D SRW.

*Searches G-Breaker, sees a video thumbnail*

hqdefault.jpg

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-11-08-55.png

...I can already see the possible grounds for legal issues.

I don't know GC's plot in detail, but considering Dancougar is in the roster, I'd bet Muge Space may play a role for spacetime dimensional shenanigans. If I recall, that's also how you traveled to the Einst World in Compact 2 / Impact. Emperor Muge was revived by the Einst (and not counting Char, Muge was the last non-OG enemy to fight in Compact 2 / Impact), who brought Muge Space back, and you used it to travel to the Einst world.

Aaaaaaaah... This might explain Endless Frontier? The major background plot point where the king of Formido Heim entered the Einst world, got killed, and was replaced by an Einst body double focused on the whole "tranquility, return to the land of beginnings" thing. (Formido Heim also manufactured additional Cross Gates (by studying Shadow-Mirror tech), perhaps not unlike the Empire's possession of Muge Space travel?.) Was Emperor Muge a little unlike his usual self after the resurrection?

Well, no need to imagine much, since I'm playing V right now. Since it is a plot point in Yamato that the Gamillas evaporated the Earth's oceans (in-game, the blast also destroyed all the space colonies as well). This is probably the reason why Yamato pretty much got a world almost on its own (Crossbone Gundam being the only other present). Since it'd be hard to have much else compatible with it.

"The Earth has been destroyed and terraformed by alien ‘draktors,’ and the remaining 0.01% of Earth’s inhabitants – who all live underground in an environment that looks suspiciously like a Japanese suburb – are somehow blissfully unaware that the planet has been overtaken by the invading species. A few select ‘chosen ones,’ however, are aware of the situation, and pilot giant robots called ‘rogues’ to do battle with the extraterrestrials." 

-I'm joking.😜 I copied this from an import review for Megaton Musashi, it sprung into my brain. Reminder that the Wired updated version of this Super-styled beat 'em up will be releasing abroad April 25th, with Get-1, Com & Vol V, and MaZ & Gren included as collab units.

And thank you for the V info!😀

Edited by Interdimensional Observer