• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, BrightBow said:

I never actually did manage to find a copy of Metroid Prime Remastered.

Remember back when he was bragging about his chip that would cure autism, and then it killed like 65% of the lab monkeys it was tested on?

Elon couldn't pay me enough to put his shit in my skull. I don't care how many millions he has, he can take his chip and shove it up where the sun don't shine.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_2024-01-30-18-07-12-44_0b2fce

Its funny because in Paradox games there are debates in the community about whether or not a certain thing being annoying is okay for historical accuracy reasons. Like, oh its frustrating that you can't grow your economy fast enough because rich landlords horde the money for themselves and denounce any kind of progress? Wehehell, I guess the devs did their jobs right.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

he can take his chip and shove it up where the sun don't shine.

That's... Really not an image I needed. 

IMG20240130205540.jpg?ex=65cc1dac&is=65b

@Interdimensional Observer @Acacia Sgt @Lightcosmo might wanna fire up the Wii U since I don't know when Final Menace is coming back and it won't after the servers shut down (legally).

15 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Its funny because in Paradox games there are debates in the community about whether or not a certain thing being annoying is okay for historical accuracy reasons. Like, oh its frustrating that you can't grow your economy fast enough because rich landlords horde the money for themselves and denounce any kind of progress? Wehehell, I guess the devs did their jobs right.

It would depend on the game. I imagine the economy growing fast in Paradox games fucks with the strategy element.

With Persona 3 in particular, looking in from an outsider's perspective, P3 fans really like to use the "no you didn't understand it, it's supposed to be bad" response whenever someone criticizes the game and they'll always come up with some ludonarrative shit or whatever.

40 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It would depend on the game. I imagine the economy growing fast in Paradox games fucks with the strategy element.

This is why you promote Capitalists! Well, in Victoria 2 at least. Aristocrats/Landowners can be of any ideology, and in fact, you need more of them to create more demand for their needs, and thus make them spend more, which means more money to the POPs that produce them, which in turn means more money for them to buy the goods they need. Then what you tax them can be used to fund StatePensions/UnemploymentSubsidies, which in turn use the money to buy goods again, putting the money back at top with the Capitalists/Landowners who own the factories/RGO's. Thus causing a feedback loop of money. Once their needs are capped, it's when you increase the POP's %'s, starting with Rich Strata.

It's basically Trickle Down Economics, but it's less of a trickle and more of a flow, which in turns goes back up in order to flow back down again.

Free Flow of Capital, Baby! Capitalism as it's meant to work.

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

might wanna fire up the Wii U since I don't know when Final Menace is coming back and it won't after the servers shut down (legally).

I would have to start a new game, since I don't have a save file at the moment. I'm... not too bothered, honestly. I'll just calmly play after the shutdown at my own pace. If I lose something, then that's that.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

IMG20240130211439.jpg?ex=65cc23c8&is=65b

See I have never actually fought this thing before. Ares 90 can take it of course.

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's basically Trickle Down Economics, but it's less of a trickle and more of a flow, which in turns goes back up in order to flow back down again.

Well I'm sure Regean will be glad to learn his ideology worked somewhere.

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

would have to start a new game, since I don't have a save file at the moment

Oof.

Just now, Armagon said:

Well I'm sure Regean will be glad to learn his ideology worked somewhere.

Yeah, I mean, it's easy to make it work when the game doesn't fully immerse itself on how much the human factor can... well, mess it up.

Just like how No Plan Survives Contact with the Enemy, the Human Factor ruins lots of things. Since Victoria 2 doesn't have something like a greed/corruption factor on POPs, then the rich do pay their due in taxes, for example. Thus it's easy to have a workable economy.

Just now, Armagon said:

Oof.

Yeah. And I have other things to focus on at the moment, as it were.

Oh hey, speaking of Persona 3, seems the remake cut out the transphobia. As you can imagine, people are having normal reactions over this.

Just now, Armagon said:

Oh hey, speaking of Persona 3, seems the remake cut out the transphobia. As you can imagine, people are having normal reactions over this.

It's been long since I played... mind explaining that?

Persona 5 and it's consequences have been a disaster for the human race.

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's been long since I played... mind explaining that?

Beach scene apparently.

"The Persona 3 scene in question had the party trying to hit on women at the beach, with Akihiko, Junpei, and the protagonist approaching a character referred to as "Beautiful Lady." After some back-and-forth, Akihiko points out a bit of facial hair on her chin, to which Beautiful Lady responds, "I-I missed a spot?!" Junpei then exclaims "she's a he?!""

Reload removes all reference of her being trans and instead she's just a straight woman who is a conspiracy theorist trying to sell super sunscreen or some shit.

54 minutes ago, Armagon said:

might wanna fire up the Wii U since I don't know when Final Menace is coming back and it won't after the servers shut down (legally).

Oh no! Time to grind it out!

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:
Persona 5 and it's consequences have been a disaster for the human race.

Engage: "First Time?"

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Beach scene apparently.

"The Persona 3 scene in question had the party trying to hit on women at the beach, with Akihiko, Junpei, and the protagonist approaching a character referred to as "Beautiful Lady." After some back-and-forth, Akihiko points out a bit of facial hair on her chin, to which Beautiful Lady responds, "I-I missed a spot?!" Junpei then exclaims "she's a he?!""

Reload removes all reference of her being trans and instead she's just a straight woman who is a conspiracy theorist trying to sell super sunscreen or some shit.

Ah, I remember that scene.

Wait, is changing the scene transphobia or the scene itself was transphobia?

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wait, is changing the scene transphobia or the scene itself was transphobia?

The original scene was criticized for being transphobic. 

50 minutes ago, Armagon said:

See I have never actually fought this thing before. Ares 90 can take it of course.

Get more than 1 Ares! I did. The game does allow a 70 and 90 too be created after all!

Episode 41

Spoiler
  • On the White Base, the heroes talk about what just happened. Quattro explains who Haman is- the guardian of Mineva after Dozle and Kycilia died. They realized she may have had Gihren assassinated, she continues to hold out in A Baoa Qu as an enemy.
  • Elsewhere on the ship, Shiro and his two mech-piloting underlings discuss Puru's sudden collapse, her physical condition isn't good. Then it's to the infirmary, where Judau comforts Puru, she isn't in the condition to fight, she tells him to stop Haman, he promises he will, she then confesses love to Judau.
  • The battle at A Baoa Qu begins again. Haman announces that she is now in charge of Zeon, Rakan and Puru Two are with her. Rommel seems to have died last fight, as did Hamon's holdovers. So many perish in this game without post-battle conversation confirming their ultimate demises.
    • Judau makes a mandatory deployment. As does Quattro, in the Hyaku Shiki.
      • Since I had upgraded the now-empty Sazabi, I throw Amuro into it to bring him out for this Gundam scenario. It's only for one fight.
  • This map feels very cramped. It's the last map, but zoomed in on A Baoa Qu itself. Basically of the fighting atop +10% HP&EN +20% Def&Evade terrain. Both sides benefit from this, but of course it helps the heroes more.
    • Haman sits around in a Gwazine in the middle, though I ignore her for most of the fight, saving her for last. Thanks to terrain and her being a Newtype, it's not a guarantee you'll be able to hit her battleship with your less accurate units.
    • Curiously, it sounded like Rakan retreated when I smashed him.
  • On the start of turn 3, Haman deploys another squad of soldiers. Quattro noticed the pressure right before they arrived, Lalah saw the suits coming, and then Quattro OHKOs them all, contrary to Bright and Hayato's worries. IDK why this happened, but Haman realizes it's Char who did this -her conversation with him right after the return from deep space being optional.
    • On like the next turn, Haman summons actual gameplay reinforcements this time. She had to take them from an offscreen front where things were evenly-matched, she says they can retake the fort later. First day on the job, and things aren't going well, poor Haman.
      • It's eight Zaku IIIs with four more Apsalus IIIs. I like Solar Panels, so I capture all of the latter and one Zaku III just to have it.
      • It's also at this point I check Akurasu, and see that they do have a thorough capturable unit list. What parts they convert to, even when each kind of enemy shows up.
  • Puru then deploys despite her weakened condition, she has a premonition.
    • This is the chapter where Puru Two is recruitable. First, I have Puru fight Puru Two, during which she tries getting her sister-clone to stand down. Then Judau fights P Two and tells her she is being deceived, it's brief. A second battle between Judau and P Two has him in detail tell her what Puru told her, she rejects him, a flash of light happens, Puru tells Judau to help P Two. When I have Judau destroy Puru Two, he continues to try convincing her, she backs down and Puru takes her sister with her off the map.
  • The second wave of gameplay reinforcements here, shortly after the first, is the Don Jem Squad plus three mass-production Gilgazamunes. I forgot all Gils have a one-ammo 3x3 MAP attacks. Also:

GRWJD9-2024-01-30-17-08-52.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-30-17-12-42.png

The only generics here with Cyber Newtype (or that portrait).

• I work my way through all the reinforcements including the DJ Squad and take my Ap IIIs. Then I destroy Haman's Gwazine, which curiously drops nothing. She then orders the ship to retreat and takes to her Qubeley.
    • Along with her are four Big Zams. I capture two of these as they only have legs to break. Less HP and they walk instead of fly, but they are stronger than Ap IIIs, and have M Beam Coating. Turns out Zeon mass-produced them after all.
  • I have Judau attack Haman, he tells her to back down she says he is being used. Although Haman does admit the "White Base Corps" as she calls it, is different than the Federation she despises as rotten and that she understands why Judau would fight for it, it doesn't change the reality. If humanity doesn't change on basic level (Cyber Newtypes?) the aliens will destroy Earth. Judau doesn't understand her, she is disappointed, asks him again to join, he refuses.
    • Quattro has a conversation with Haman too, but it's much inferior to the one they had back in Episode 29 (or was it 28?). He claims people are awakening and she is only repeating mistakes, she says if he won't join her, die.
  • Haman drops like less than 4000 HP, everyone (Judau, Akimi and Fairey, Kamille, Shiro) tries telling her to stand down, end this Earthling vs. Earthling war. They say that she might be able to negotiate a Zeon-Federation ceasefire, she refuses to cooperate with the Fed snobs. There is no time for conversation anyhow with the alien menace being present right now. Her resilience then causes her to regenerate all her HP (only like 18k, not big deal), Puru tells Judau to stop her. 
    • Haman to give in and tries to kill Judau. Flash of light happens, Lalah and Puru send their strength to Judau, they tell everyone else to do the old "power of bonds" trick. She insists humans are lonely creatures. Judau OHKOs Haman. She admits her defeat, claims that "Earth's gravity well" thing is a problem, but dies without regrets, putting some space between herself and the heroes to explode without harming them. The heroes lament her death.
  • Battle is -oh, Turchinov! He arrives at last with his Gilgazamune and six more mass-produced ones. He seriously thinks he can win now?😂 Thanks for the 40k with Luck funds and second copy of Sniper! 
  • Turchinov is left aghast, sounds like he is about to retreat. But, Meio pops out of the White Base, and with Practice accompanying him, he surrounds Dorchenov (why is his name being translated two different ways in the same fan patch?), who then offers Meio co-rulership over Giganos. Meio kills him instead.
    • After the battle, not only has Meio joined (after speaking with his sister and father), but unlike A(P) I get the Practice Squad too. Though without their own combination attack, I don't think they'll be very useful.
  • The battle ends. The ceasefire signal comes A Baoa Qu, the surrenders start coming in, the One Year War against Zeon-Giganos is FINALLY over!🥳
    • But, old man Arle of Daltanious and Hayato briefly remind everyone they must return to the ends of the galaxy, the next battle awaits.
    • Judau talks with Puru Two, who calls him "big brother", in the infirmary. Puru is sleeping there too. Judau and Roux say they'll watch over these two. P2 is recruited.
    • Four and Kamille momentarily discuss that strange, but miraculous feeling of bonds when helping Judau.
  • The Cyber Beast Force point out Shapiro and Muge are still a threat, they can't dawdle. Lalah then senses a new threat approaching, and moving to the White Base's bridge, a report comes in that the Muge Empire annihilated a Federation supply convoy.
  • The scenes shifts to Shapiro having destroyed one convoy, guides an attack on another. He then speaks with Reggiane.
    • She says this somewhat compensates for his lunar blunder, he admits to a miscalculation. She says Gadisword will be sending reinforcements to in their next battle, he says he'll bait the White Base as Reggiane requested. They'll finish the White Base right now.
  • Doing a flashback several weeks, Herluga says he'll become the mediator of the universe. Nobody else can be allowed to know how C.U.B.E. works, tells Reggiane to kill Fairey (she is no longer necessary for his plans?), knowing she will do what Sieg and Sally might not. Reggiane expectably relishes in the murder order.

And so the pivoting of the plot begins again.

Kinda a shame Haman had to be rushed in like this. She could've used a little breathing room to actually rule. But nope.🙁 I suppose continuing Amuro's journey after the trip to the Interstellar Alliance would've been awkward, and so decided to give the remaining Gundam attention to Judau.

-Although, we didn't need Quattro (although in the process we'd very likely lose playable Lalah). Maybe he could've killed Gihren during the Pentagona-Edon visit and become a young Supreme Commander. Not sure about dropping A Baoa Qu on Earth, and working with Torchenov wouldn't fit him, but we could've gotten something lite-CCAish that could've worked instead of resorting to ZZ. Would've maintained an Amuro-Char focus, skipping from the Alpha to the Omega of the UCG classic quartet.

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You've likely noticed, but GC skips the Titans. They never get formed, and its members seemingly don't show up either. So MSG story bridges itself directly to ZZ's.

The Titans were Earth Supremacists? That's the impression I get from reading bits and pieces in AP and 30.

I think I can see why they were skipped over. Needing to find room to fit them in and how would become possibly tricky. SRW can't go on forever. Cue GC remake extended to like 80 main scenarios.

6 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Xenosaga spoilers

Fair,

Spoiler

Although if U-TIC is gone at the end of the Episode 5, then what would fill up Episode 6? Would Yuriev still be alive? Would we have an entire game with the truth that Wilhelm was the mastermind who saw everything? Would chaos have actually had time to unfurl his hidden truths to everyone and maybe palpably develop?

6 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Talking about this is rather complicated, since Episode 2 is actually the second half of what Episode 1 was supposed to be. At least for Xenogears we know what Episodes 2 through 4 were supposed to be about.

Ahhhhh Xenosaga, somehow better and worse than Xenogears you be in your handling of the ambition. If only Takahashi told us what ideas he had running through his head before Namco rained on his ginormous space opera parade.

6 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Work is evil

Work is the enemy

Work must be eliminated

Hope this helps.

-The benefit of a being a franchise where most of your most prominent music is the great hits of many different IPs. 

IMG20240130205540.jpg?ex=65cc1dac&is=65b

@Interdimensional Observer @Acacia Sgt @Lightcosmo might wanna fire up the Wii U since I don't know when Final Menace is coming back and it won't after the servers shut down (legally).

I'll probably miss out, especially if hackers still hammer through the Global Nemesis. And I don't mind. I completed the Survey and made one of every level 60 Skell (not the Skell superweapons though), that's good enough for me. I can wait until the deci-versary when X2 releases.

IMG20240130211439.jpg?ex=65cc23c8&is=65b

Yeah, Yggralith Zero is pretty easy with the Ares 90, too easy. Pharsis the other Yggralith though gave me trouble, I never kiboshed that.

Interesting to note that Timerra scored better than we thought. 23rd place, right behind Nel who scored 22.

Fans beat the racism allegations this time.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And I don't mind. I completed the Survey and made one of every level 60 Skell (not the Skell superweapons though),

I'll have to at least get the Ares 90 on my FeMC file but i can do that with the Lv.30 Telethia.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yeah, Yggralith Zero is pretty easy with the Ares 90, too easy. Pharsis the other Yggralith though gave me trouble, I never kiboshed that.

Well the latter is the second strongest Superboss in the game.

Although wait, you beat The Endbringer but not Everqueen?

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well the latter is the second strongest Superboss in the game.

Although wait, you beat The Endbringer but not Everqueen?

Pharsis is optional for 100% Survey, the Endbringer isn't (neither are quite a few Tyrants). I could get away with that.

I forget exactly how it went, but IIRC, get the Everqueen down to like 25-33% of its health, and it'll start healing. I don't think I was able to cut through this low-life regeneration fast enough to kill it before it destroyed my Ares.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

GRWJD9-2024-01-30-17-08-52.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-30-17-12-42.png

The only generics here with Cyber Newtype (or that portrait).

Giganos Soldiers with Cyber Newtype? Wow. If cross-piloting is rare... cross-skilling is even more so. I can only think of A's OGs being Newtypes (Cyber for Lamia) in the GBA version... and that's it.

• Along with her are four Big Zams. I capture two of these as they only have legs to break. Less HP and they walk instead of fly, but they are stronger than Ap IIIs, and have M Beam Coating. Turns out Zeon mass-produced them after all.

Most iconic line in Gundam History? : r/Gundam

• I have Judau attack Haman, he tells her to back down she says he is being used. Although Haman does admit the "White Base Corps" as she calls it, is different than the Federation she despises as rotten and that she understands why Judau would fight for it, it doesn't change the reality. If humanity doesn't change on basic level (Cyber Newtypes?) the aliens will destroy Earth. Judau doesn't understand her, she is disappointed, asks him again to join, he refuses.
    • Quattro has a conversation with Haman too, but it's much inferior to the one they had back in Episode 29 (or was it 28?). He claims people are awakening and she is only repeating mistakes, she says if he won't join her, die.

Just regular Newtypes, thankfully. Though the idea of Cyber Newtypes is to artificially induce it. Results... definitely varied.

• After the battle, not only has Meio joined (after speaking with his sister and father), but unlike A(P) I get the Practice Squad too. Though without their own combination attack, I don't think they'll be very useful.

I just remembered. SRW A had the woman among the Gon Jem Squadron end up with the Practice group. Did this not happen here? Also fun fact, in the anime Dan dies, the only of the three Practice members who does. 

And so the pivoting of the plot begins again.

Kinda a shame Haman had to be rushed in like this. She could've used a little breathing room to actually rule. But nope.🙁 I suppose continuing Amuro's journey after the trip to the Interstellar Alliance would've been awkward, and so decided to give the remaining Gundam attention to Judau.

-Although, we didn't need Quattro (although in the process we'd very likely lose playable Lalah). Maybe he could've killed Gihren during the Pentagona-Edon visit and become a young Supreme Commander. Not sure about dropping A Baoa Qu on Earth, and working with Torchenov wouldn't fit him, but we could've gotten something lite-CCAish that could've worked instead of resorting to ZZ. Would've maintained an Amuro-Char focus, skipping from the Alpha to the Omega of the UCG classic quartet.

Yeah, this was the OYW's time to shine, so even Haman feels a little like an afterthought. I guess as a result of wanting to include the Z and ZZ stuff. 

The Titans were Earth Supremacists? That's the impression I get from reading bits and pieces in AP and 30.

I think I can see why they were skipped over. Needing to find room to fit them in and how would become possibly tricky. SRW can't go on forever. Cue GC remake extended to like 80 main scenarios.

Yep. They were created after Operation Stardust, so anti-Spacenoid sentiments were really high.

Impact and 30 got to over 100 scenarios... but even they knew when to stop I guess. But yeah, there really wasn't room. As pointed above, Z and ZZ are here seemingly just to pad the roster, or because it's VERY rare to not have them in. It has happened. Shin only used CCA and Victory, Zverse and 30 didn't had ZZ, BX only had Unicorn (so no Amuro for the first time in a SRW that has UC Gundam... funny, 3DS games be forcing absenses on Koji and Amuro)... though I think that's it?

Also, fun fact. Amuro and Char do not show up at all during Gundam ZZ. So any interaction you see between, say, Haman and Char, it happened during Zeta Gundam instead (as Haman also showed up there already). So Zeta Gundam at least got this to be in GC, due lack of the whole Titans storyline.