Fire Emblem Heroes - New Heroes (A New Future)

XRay

I'll spark once on this banner, seems like sparking additional times is a trap. Probably going for free pick Edel and Dimitri, but stats can change my picks. Maybe I'll pull one of them on the way to the 40th summon, who knows?!

Saving 400+ orbs for the Legendary banner going for Brammy/Mila.

Edited by Rinco

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm I'll go ahead and quote myself from the Feh Channel thread regarding the weapons/designs of these guys.

Also, regarding the CYL4 units' designs, I'm a bit surprised. Up until now, the units always dressed as people important to them. Barring their weapons, these are practically what I'd expect of their legendary versions. I guess they're using their ultimate classes for this one, and will go with their regular timeskip looks for their legendary versions. It's nice that both costumes get in the game, but...I was kind of hoping for something more in line with what they've done with other characters, you know? Like, maybe have them dress kind of like the timeskip versions of their lieutenants (Dimitri wearing something inspired by Dedue's look, Claude wearing something inspired by Hilda's and Edelgard wearing something inspired by Hubert's. Not sure what to do for Lysithia, but she probably has an NPC that's close to her. Haven't played through enough of Golden Deer yet to find that out.) That could've been really cool, especially if their weapons were inspired by these other people, too. Like, Dimitri could've gotten...well, gauntlets aren't in the game...a bow, maybe? Claude could've gotten an axe, Edelgard could've gotten a red tome and Lysithia could've gotten...a dagger or something? Anyway, this was a good opportunity to mix things up. I'm not really too upset about it, though; I'm mostly satisfied.

2 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

He paid his parents remains mortgage from the revenue from his summoning video's alone.

So yeah, he can easily do that.

Oh wow. I knew he made money from his videos, but not THAT much. Kinda wish I could do similar, but I lack the necessary tools, and YT has dumb rules nowadays anyway...

7 minutes ago, Rinco said:

I'll spark once on this banner, seems like sparking additional times is a trap. Probably going for free pick Edel and Dimitri, but stats can change my picks. Maybe I'll pull one of them on the way to the 40th summon, who knows?!

Saving 400+ orbs for the Legendary banner going for Brammy/Mila.

Yeah, multiple sparks really seems like diminishing returns. First one is 135 orbs with all the colors having a new unit, later ones are 160 orbs and you're missing fewer and fewer units.

Looks like the odds of pulling at least one focus unit while going for the spark are about 75%.

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

That is the ugliest effect in my opinion and ruins him as a unit for conventional player phase play. He cannot use Desperation reliably and he cannot run Dive-Bomb either, so he is going to die to any properly built Def tank as Guard will shut him down and Quick Riposte will secure the kill against him.

His Weapon is built for super tanks, but he is in the wrong class to be a super tank. Iote's Shield eats up the Sacred Seal slot and fliers have limited B slots, with the best option being Guard or Dull Ranged.

Based on his stats in the Feh Channel, he has a base stat spread of 42/36/40/27/25. With all of his base skills active (minus the Chill), he effectively has a stat spread of 42/59/53/40/38, which is plenty enough bulk to afford to spend a round of combat against an opponent with a Guard effect and have Desperation available for the next round of combat.

If you're really worried about Quick Riposte and taking counterattack damage, you can drop Fury 4 for Sturdy Impact or Steady Impact, which gives him 88 physical bulk for a single counterattack. Not much is going to kill him in one hit.

45 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Based on his stats in the Feh Channel, he has a base stat spread of 42/36/40/27/25. With all of his base skills active (minus the Chill), he effectively has a stat spread of 42/59/53/40/38, which is plenty enough bulk to afford to spend a round of combat against an opponent with a Guard effect and have Desperation available for the next round of combat.

If you're really worried about Quick Riposte and taking counterattack damage, you can drop Fury 4 for Sturdy Impact or Steady Impact, which gives him 88 physical bulk for a single counterattack. Not much is going to kill him in one hit.

I've been thinking about builds for him and something like the following seems pretty good 

• Wind Parthia
  • Reposition/Rally+(Coloseum) 
  • Moonbow/Glimmer/Raptured Sky.
  • Close Counter/Close Foil
  • QR (to bypass impact type of effects) 
  • Atk/Spd Rein
  • Iote's shield 

This isn't a crazily expensive build as we get 2 sourses of Close counter for free(one is hard to get but point remains). At neutral with no merges and flowers and no support he will have the following (I suppose that he has 4 less defence because Sharena gives him fortify def), 42 HP, 55 Atk, 49 Spd, 32 Def, 34 Res and if foe initiates on him he will heal 21 HP for every attack (supposing no guard effects are applied). If someone seriously wants to make him a tank then they will give him a good nature (an easy thing to do with the mangos), merges and proper support. 

Edited by SuperNova125

1 hour ago, Karimlan said:

It's a callback to how the Archanean Regalia is available in Three Houses. And echoing what others have said previously, we're bound to see Legendary versions of Claude and Dimitri sporting Failnaught and Areadbhar respectively.

I think it may be visual metaphor of a pegasus being pulled back. Who knows, it may be indicative of cavalry and fliers being pulled back too, which could hint at this being flier-and-cavalry-locked? My conjecture, of course.

May very well get Dimitri for free summon, and my first spark would be either Claude or Edie depending on mood.

Hmm. I still find this choice weird. I hope if we do get another Dimitri it's for a fallen heroes banner showing him in full boar mode.

49 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I just cannot see myself using him as a player phase unit with his vanilla Weapon. It looks super clunky to alternate between relying on Desperation to avoid counter attacks and relying on bulk to eat counter attacks.

Hopefully, if area-of-effect Specials do not trigger his healing, I think I can still use him as a player phase Desperation unit, although he will have questionable damage output if he does not have Heavy Blade Sacred Seal. I do not think it is worth it to put Heavy Blade on a ranged unit either when melee units can use it for Galeforce.

I think I will just stick with Brave and/or Firesweep.

43 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Hmm. I still find this choice weird. I hope if we do get another Dimitri it's for a fallen heroes banner showing him in full boar mode.

The legendary banners seem to show them earlier in their route's stories, so could that work to show that side of him?

I haven't played Azure Moon myself, but the one that really strikes me as Fallen Heroes material is Hegemon Edelgard.

13 minutes ago, XRay said:

I just cannot see myself using him as a player phase unit with his vanilla Weapon. It looks super clunky to alternate between relying on Desperation to avoid counter attacks and relying on bulk to eat counter attacks.

I've been using a build with the exact same concept on Lucina (Falchion, Moonbow, Fury 3, Desperation 3) ever since launch, and it basically has no problems when opponents have comparable stats. Claude is the exact same, but with more stats, meaning he shouldn't rally have any issues having comparable stats to recent units, not to mention he also has the benefits of a ranged weapon, better mobility, and a more reliable source of healing.

There simply isn't much that can hit him with 82 Atk to one-hit kill him from full health, and bulk gets to double dip in merges and Dragonflowers, allowing him to get to 92 single-hit bulk at +10 merge and +5 Dragonflowers with just his default skills.

I'm honestly not sure why you're so apprehensive of letting an attacker take counterattacks. Not every attacker is a glass cannon.

41 minutes ago, Othin said:

The legendary banners seem to show them earlier in their route's stories, so could that work to show that side of him?

No, they don't if Legendary Edelgard is anything to go by. Her description literally says "destroyer of the Chruch of Seiros and unifier of all Fodlan".

Edited by Tybrosion

45 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm honestly not sure why you're so apprehensive of letting an attacker take counterattacks. Not every attacker is a glass cannon.

Being able to completely ignore the enemies' Atk stat gives me a peace of mind since I do not have worry about whether my unit has enough bulk to eat a tank's counter attacks. 50% healing is a lot, but if ANF!Claude gets smashed really hard on the counter, he might get into an HP range of around 80% where Desperation is not active and that level bulk might not be enough for him to stomach another counter attack. While tanks with 80+ Atk is not super common, they are not uncommon. And units like DW!Y!Tiki, Say'ri, and Mareeta can retaliate with instant Moonbow/Iceberg/Ruptured Sky.

And not working with Wings of Mercy Dancers/Singers is also a pretty big downgrade to mobility.

Edited by XRay

24 minutes ago, XRay said:

Being able to completely ignore the enemies' Atk stat gives me a peace of mind since I do not have worry about whether my unit has enough bulk to eat a tank's counter attacks. 50% healing is a lot, but if ANF!Claude gets smashed really hard on the counter, he might get into an HP range of around 80% where Desperation is not active and that level bulk might not be enough for him to stomach another counter attack. While tanks with 80+ Atk is not super common, they are not uncommon.

And not working with Wings of Mercy Dancers/Singers is also a pretty big downgrade to mobility.

At 76% HP, Claude still has 72 bulk at +0 with his base kit and 81 bulk at +10 merge with +5 Dragonflowers with his base kit. If you're still afraid of dying to a counterattack, switch out Fury 4 for Sturdy Impact to get rid of the recoil damage and boost your bulk by another 6 points. And then add the Sturdy Blow Sacred Seal for another 4 bulk.

In terms of super scary Atk stats, Legendary Edelgard with her base kit has 81 Atk with an Atk Asset at +10 merge, and Legendary Julia with Life and Death 4 has 79 Atk with an Atk Asset at +10 merge.

Or you can wait for Fury 3 to be made into a Sacred Seal, which lets the 14 recoil always drop Claude back into Desperation range after combat.

Edited by Ice Dragon

For the people that follow F2P guides Dimitri is dominating PM1's polls. It seems logical considering how good and unique he is. People I guess found Lysithea underwhelming and Edelgard and has the HP threshold so that may scare people. I thought that Claude with his massive healing would be the obvious F2P choice as Dimitri is going to be purely EP most likely with what is a middling Spd most likely. I wonder if the statlines will change that. 

I have a feeling for f2p guides specifically dimtri is the worst pick. The reason why is simply Blue lion rule depends on having more defense and the units he has to face with the guide content are with inflated stats so not convinced it will be up that often going forward with harder and harder stages. And given that this is supposed to be a f2p guide its not like he can minimize this by +10 him.

Edited by vikingsfan92

2 minutes ago, vikingsfan92 said:

I have a feeling for f2p guides specifically dimtri is the worst pick. The reason why is simply Blue lion rule depends on having more defense and the units he has to face with the guide content are with inflated stats so not convinced it will be up that often going forward with harder and harder stages.

I agree completely. I feel like people aren't thinking of viability in the appropriate content with their votes.

31 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

At 76% HP, Claude still has 72 bulk at +0 with his base kit and 81 bulk at +10 merge with +5 Dragonflowers with his base kit. If you're still afraid of dying to a counterattack, switch out Fury 4 for Sturdy Impact to get rid of the recoil damage and boost your bulk by another 6 points. And then add the Sturdy Blow Sacred Seal for another 4 bulk.

In terms of super scary Atk stats, Legendary Edelgard with her base kit has 81 Atk with an Atk Asset at +10 merge, and Legendary Julia with Life and Death 4 has 79 Atk with an Atk Asset at +10 merge.

Or you can wait for Fury 3 to be made into a Sacred Seal, which lets the 14 recoil always drop Claude back into Desperation range after combat.

I guess I will have to wait a bit. Fury Sacred Seal sounds like the option most suited to my playstyle, but if Wind Parthia is only comparable in performance to Brave Bow, then I think I rather just go with Brave Bow since I can use Wings of Mercy Dancers/Singers as the added benefit.

Without Desperation, the tanks I am most afraid of are tanks that can retaliate instantly with Specials. While most tanks do not have crazy high Atk, a lot of tanks can be built to retaliate with instant Specials. I do not remember seeing them a lot in Aether Raids, but I do see it pretty often in Arena where a lot of sword units will slap anyone in the face with Ruptured Sky.

18 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

For the people that follow F2P guides Dimitri is dominating PM1's polls. It seems logical considering how good and unique he is. People I guess found Lysithea underwhelming and Edelgard and has the HP threshold so that may scare people. I thought that Claude with his massive healing would be the obvious F2P choice as Dimitri is going to be purely EP most likely with what is a middling Spd most likely. I wonder if the statlines will change that. 

ANF!Lysithea is too replaceable with Tharja or any blade mage in general really. ANF!Edelgard got dual phase potential, but dual phase units do not seem that relevant in the current meta and she is missing Distant Counter; if she got Distant Counter, I think she would stand a better chance of competing with ANF!Dimitri due to much better mobility. ANF!Claude does not gel well with conventional player phase play style unless you want to spend 20,000 on Brave Bow or some Orbs for Firesweep Bow.

10 minutes ago, vikingsfan92 said:

I have a feeling for f2p guides specifically dimtri is the worst pick. The reason why is simply Blue lion rule depends on having more defense and the units he has to face with the guide content are with inflated stats so not convinced it will be up that often going forward with harder and harder stages. And given that this is supposed to be a f2p guide its not like he can minimize this by +10 him.

6 minutes ago, Florete said:

I agree completely. I feel like people aren't thinking of viability in the appropriate content with their votes.

Pheonixmaster1 can still get everyone on the Focus with neutral Traits by spending some money, so if he really cannot figure it out with ANF!Dimitri, he can use another unit.

Despite my gripe with ANF!Claude, I think I might vote for him due to his class. More flying archers are always good. Still debating between him and ANF!Edelgard though since we already have a free flying archer with RR!Loki.

Edited by XRay

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

Pheonixmaster1 can still get everyone on the Focus with neutral Traits by spending some money, so if he really cannot figure it out with ANF!Dimitri, he can use another unit.

My point is he probably is going to be unit of this batch most often cycled out because of the hit or miss nature of him having more defense or not over a given stage. The other units kits are more self contained thus more consistent to work with.

Edited by vikingsfan92

1 minute ago, vikingsfan92 said:

My point is he probably is going to be unit of this cycle most often cycled out because of the hit or miss nature of him having more defense or not over a given stage. The other units kits are more self contained thus more consistent to work with.

Yeah, I understand that point.

Pheonixmaster1 can always present a solution using another unit since getting all four of them with neutral Traits is relatively cheap using guaranteed summons. Players who picked ANF!Dimitri will just have to suck it up and use an alternative solution that does not involve CYL units. I guess free players who rely on guides would be kind of screwed though since they pretty much have follow everyone else and pick ANF!Dimitri to follow guides.

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

Yeah, I understand that point.

Pheonixmaster1 can always present a solution using another unit since getting all four of them with neutral Traits is relatively cheap using guaranteed summons. Players who picked ANF!Dimitri will just have to suck it up and use an alternative solution that does not involve CYL units. I guess free players who rely on guides would be kind of screwed though since they pretty much have follow everyone else and pick ANF!Dimitri to follow guides.

Even out of the people who use PM1's guides, I'd think it's very rare for them to actually base their picks on the guide rather than on who they personally want more. He tries to offer solutions that don't rely on CYL units whenever he can, so even if making a different pick would cost them the ability to get a few rewards, it wouldn't likely be much. After all, the point is to make solutions that many people as possible will already have the resources for, without really needing to go out of their way.

On 8/15/2020 at 7:47 PM, XRay said:

I guess I will have to wait a bit. Fury Sacred Seal sounds like the option most suited to my playstyle, but if Wind Parthia is only comparable in performance to Brave Bow, then I think I rather just go with Brave Bow since I can use Wings of Mercy Dancers/Singers as the added benefit.

Without Desperation, the tanks I am most afraid of are tanks that can retaliate instantly with Specials. While most tanks do not have crazy high Atk, a lot of tanks can be built to retaliate with instant Specials. I do not remember seeing them a lot in Aether Raids, but I do see it pretty often in Arena where a lot of sword units will slap anyone in the face with Ruptured Sky.

ANF!Lysithea is too replaceable with Tharja or any blade mage in general really. ANF!Edelgard got dual phase potential, but dual phase units do not seem that relevant in the current meta and she is missing Distant Counter; if she got Distant Counter, I think she would stand a better chance of competing with ANF!Dimitri due to much better mobility. ANF!Claude does not gel well with conventional player phase play style unless you want to spend 20,000 on Brave Bow or some Orbs for Firesweep Bow.

Despite my gripe with ANF!Claude, I think I might vote for him due to his class. More flying archers are always good. Still debating between him and ANF!Edelgard though since we already have a free flying archer with RR!Loki.

I agree with what you and everyone said about the Abyssals. The 2nd place winners are replaced by F2P options despite their uniqueness. Dimitri for me is going to be used in AR offence definitely where debuffs will be everywhere and everyone runs low def nukes and that's where he can truly shine. In Abyssals all the stat inflation might pose a problem, also as the Bow flier didn't double him that means that he is not so minmaxed which in turn means that aside from his high Atk (because Dimitri) and Defence (because of the B slot) he also comes with a middling Spd that might hurt his Res and Abyssal annoying mages could be very dangerous supposing he has 178 BST and he has 41 HP (as shown), 40 Atk, 30 Spd (could be higher as these guys are really fast) and 40 def his Res ends up at 27. Not saying that Edelgard is better, at least Dimitri can counterattack everyone and not only mages and a seal can help him with mages a lot especially when paired with the reduction. She may have the superior mixed bulk for obvious reasons however, when SI isn't a factor and the armor protecting shield isn't out yet she does fall short against bows, daggers that can keep hitting her and hurt her as long as they want and Armorslayers will kill her with ease and all of them are pretty common and scary in abyssals. 

However, as @Othinsaid PM1 uses mostly grail units to make it easy and available for everyone so the CYL pick does not really matter. I mean recent grali units are crazy and available to every active player. Personally, I don't use guides for Abyssals anymore as I like finding my own solutions, so I can freely grab a random Dimitri and mango him for AR and focus on Edelgard that I am extremely excited about and want to +10 in the future. 

Edited by SuperNova125

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Looks like PM1 is doing his usual poll, which Dimitri is currently leading: https://old.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/ia9xy4/who_are_you_going_to_pick_as_your_cyl_4_free/

I picked ANF!Claude out of instinct, but I am open to switch my vote to ANF!Edelgard as well.

With ANF!Dimitri's huge lead though, I do not think my vote is going to matter either way. I hope more people read the comments though as a few have mentioned that ANF!Dimitri's Spurn effect is not going to be active for PvE content due to enemy stat inflation.