Fire Emblem Heroes - New Heroes (A New Future)

XRay

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm not quite sure how an effectively permanent +4 Spd/Def/Res on your C slot is "not amazing".

because it'll most likely not be inheritable by my +10 BIke, so it'll be of no use to me; if you want me to recognize their power, then ok, but this won't change my opinion about them

also, if they're actually inheritable by infantry units, i'd be much more inclined to wait for tier 4 Rein skills, if they're ever happening

if not, i'll keep Joint Drive Atk on my BIke, as i've always done since that time i got pitybroken by Lilith some months ago

This only made it harder to decide who I want. Claude or Edelgard? Claude ... or Edelgard? Edelgard ... or Claude?

Edelgard being a 2 move armor when above 25% HP is like ... amazing. She'll be the first armor I consistently use. On the other hand ... I have two flying teams, and Claude would be a great addition (and tbh I just love his artwork so much).

And I will naturally pull for Dimitri with the rest of my orbs. I have (generally) good luck with greens, so I'm thinking Claude to avoid the never-ending colorless pool, but I'm worried the ONE time I do that, I'll never get Edelgard. Ugh. I wish I didn't love Three Houses so much...

I've never had a banner I wanted every single unit. Lysithea I do want, but she's the only one I'm okay not getting this time around. I can wait on her.

They might not be too intriguing, but they are certainly going to be powerful, right?

First is Dimitri, who's clearly post AM with Moon Gradivus (DC, SC +1 per foe's attack on EP), Noontime, Atk/Def Unity (If ally in 2 spaces, gets Atk/Def +5 and bonus equal to any penalties on Atk/Def *2 (Ooooof)), Blue Lion Rule (If unit has more Def, reduces damage from combat and AoEs by up to 40% and he gets QR (So super tanks can stop him)) and Joint Hone Atk. Next is Claude with Wind Parthia (SC-1, Flier effectiveness, if he initiates or an ally in in two spaces, gets +5 to all stats and if unit triggers special gets 50% of max HP back as well (OH BOY THAT'S BEAUTIFUL)), Moonbow, Fury 4, Chill Spd/Def 2 (So that's getting replaced) and Atk/Spd Rein (gives foes in 2 spaces -4 Atk/Spd). Then it's Lysithea with Dark Spikes T (DK wrecker, Spd +3, When combat starts, if foe has > 74% HP, gets +6 to Atk/Spd. if unit has < 100% HP, and initiates gets Desperation), Moonbow, Atk/Spd Push 4, Lull Spd/Res 3 and Hone Spd 4 (Still wants Time's Pulse). Finally Edelgard with Flower Hautclere (SC-1, At start of turn if unit has > 24% HP, unit gets to move 2 spaces and teleport to an ally in 2 spaces, while in combat give -5 to foe's Atk/Def in combat), Noontime, Distant Ward, Black Eagle Rule (If unit HP > 25%, she gets a follow-up and if foe initiates damage from their follow-up is reduced by 80% (So she stole a bit of Urvan)) and Joint Drive Res (+4 Res to allies in 2 spaces and if there's an ally in 2 spaces she also gets it) (So she's got high Res)

Seriously, where's Snow Mercurius? Also, these 4 are pretty neat. We also fight Feryr this time. I don't know what order I'd spark, but if I'm pulling I'm going all over the place.

1. I keep reading NFU as "NOT FOR YOU" and don't know what it actually means.

2. Looks like Freyr is a blue beast unit. I wonder if he turns into a goat. Hoping he turns into a kudu or something, based on his horns. Maybe he'll have some sort of healing affect with his attack?

3. I talked about the appearances and weapons of the CYL4 units already on the Feh Channel thread, so I'll talk about the battle performance (skills etc.) here. I forgot most of my impressions already, though. Still, I think I'll pick up that Dimitri and field him alongside Fallen Ike and (once I get her) Thrasir. Color balance! That said, I think he'll have low res, so that's something to look out for. A legendary hero that buffs defense would do well on that team (especially if that unit is infantry so that we can have a fully-infantry team and get both the mythic and the legendary bonuses. Further "especially" if this unit is an axe unit for axe-sword-lance quests. I have research to do...though this hypothetical legendary (not mythic) hero probably doesn't exist yet. Only Axe legendary I can think of off the top of my head is Hector, and I'm pretty sure he's an armored unit.)

Anyway, Edelgard's kind of crazy, too. She's an armored pseudo-flier. All of these skills and stuff are kind of complex to me. I'll get a better grasp on them in practice, I'm sure.

Yeah, I still mix up NFU and NCD even to this day. Unsurprising perhaps since they're not skills I regularly use, barely having any units with either. I guess I just have NFI. 😉

Biggest question for me is whether I summon as the orbs trickle in, or whether it'd be more satisfying to summon 40 units in one job lot once I hit the 135 orb mark.

5 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Brave Dimitri's Prf has DC+Better Missiletainn effect

Moon Gradivus's Breath effect is the same as Owain's Missiletainn's. The difference is that it has Distant Counter instead of special cooldown count-1.

Moon Gradivus's effects being: "Unit can counterattack regardless of foe's range. Grants Special cooldown charge +1 per foe's attack during combat. (Only highest value applied. Does not stack. Special cooldown charge granted even if foe's attack deals 0 damage.)"

Missiletainn's effects being: "Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1). Grants Special cooldown charge +1 per foe's attack during combat. (Only highest value applied. Does not stack. Special cooldown charge granted even if foe's attack deals 0 damage.)"

Thoughts on the CYL4 heroes in the spoiler.

Spoiler

CYL Dimitri's Atk/Def Unity is a powerful thing being able to reverse, but not negate Atk/Def penalties. Given Moon Gradivus having DC and a Breath effect and his Blue Lion's Rule, however, tier 4 skills that boost his defense and provide him Guard might be better than Atk/Def Unity working on both phases and reversing Atk/Def penalties. Bracing and Sturdy Stance 4 are seasonal and we don't know? his speed, but if it's decent, he could run Steady Posture 3 and possibly get away with preventing doubles or double naturally on his own against units with Null Follow-Up. Otherwise, I guess you could have him run Steady Stance 4 which while it doesn't grant him another boost in a stat he could use, it still gives Guard.

CYL Edelgard's entire kit essentially makes me feel like there could be an argument for her being the first CYL armor to be picked for F2P guides. Flower Hauteclere can give her +1 movement and allows her to warp if her HP is >= 25%, so she won't be as cumbersome as the other armors. The same HP condition is also used to grant her a follow-up attack if she initiates and I think the wording implies for the foe's follow-up attack damage reduction on enemy phase. Not sure. Anyway, Noontime allows her to sustain her own HP and we have Eir and CYL Veronica who could potentially be phased out by some F2P guide makers for the other F2P healers due to them always being available unlike her as the CYL2 pick banner ends this month to help with keeping her healthy. The problem is that while the HP threshold is much more lenient than say, CYL Celica's Double Lion or CYL Hector's Maltet's Quick Riposte 5, it's still HP management for her to not have 1 movement and allow her to warp without the assistance of Peony or any flier running Guidance and her competition in my opinion for the F2P pick are either more practical or much more appealing through CYL Claude being a ranged flier with insane sustain and CYL Dimitri, the second Distant Counter lance infantry in the game who incidentally, also has damage reduction of some kind like Fjorm.

Moving on to who I feel like will be the F2P pick and if not, then CYL Dimitri, is CYL Claude. Wind Parthia's is absolutely insane. It has a Killer effect, Spectrum Blow that also works on enemy phase if he's within 2 spaces of an ally, and a better Solar Brace. The HP restore condition just straight up restores 50% of his maximum HP regardless if he actually dealt damage or not unlike Solar Brace or any of the HP restore specials from the Daylight line where they restore HP equal to the damage dealt. In particular, Solar Brace: "Restores HP = 30% of damage dealt when Special triggers. (Stacks with effects of skills like Sol.)" CYL Claude can be at any HP level and he's going to heal 21 HP if =HP when he triggers a special unlike the others who can heal up to anything really as long as they do a ton of damage and the foe has that much HP when they triggered their special to 0 because either their foe has almost no HP or they dealt little to no damage. If we have not reached the point yet after Altina's Ashera's Chosen and Minierva's Dragoon Shield, then we are at a point where legendary and mythic heroes should be exempt from not having their skills or stats changed because when new units like CYL Claude show up with better skills like this, then legendary heroes like Ephraim and F!Grima are more like legendary jokes. I still stand by my extreme idea that legendary and mythic heroes should also be a BST generation ahead of regular units as well to delay powercreep.

Finally, CYL Lysithea. She's a strong red nuke. That's it and that's fine. Makes sense too given it is Lysithea. That does go against her for F2P guides at least where while nukes are used, guides sometimes require specific movements where some foes should not be killed too soon or that sustain and enemy phase performance even if it's simply how well a unit can take hits is more important. Given that we have units like Eir and now CYL Dimitri who are strong offensive units, but also have good sustain or even provide sustain in the case of Eir, CYL Lysithea probably won't be considered as much as the others. Had CYL Edelgard not have her movement effects, then I feel like CYL Lysithea could have been considered the third considered pick under CYL Claude as the first and CYL Dimitri as the second. As she is, either tied with CYL Edelgard or fourth.

Overall, CYL4 has brought forth three things for me.

Spoiler

The first one is that I think new units with two or even three tier 4 skills will become more common given that CYL Dimitri has Atk/Def Unity and Joint Hone Atk and CYL Lysithea has Atk/Spd Push 4 and Hone Speed 4. CYL Edelgard has Distant Ward and her personal B passive, so she couldn't have another tier 4 skill unless they had given her Bracing Stance 4 or something while CYL Claude could have straight up introduced Atk/Spd Rein 4 or at least Chill Spd/Def 4, but they didn't do that with him. Perhaps at first with legendary and mythic units, but they are going to happen and I was wondering when it would eventually happen.

The second is Distant Counter weapons with an additional effect should either be expected or not considered too crazy anymore, so older units with just Distant Counter on their weapons should be part of an update. So far, they aren't that crazy either with Altina's arguably being the craziest as a Brave on both phases DC weapon. While debuffs are common, if there aren't any, then berserk Ike just has Ragnell whereas Demonic Breath and Fimbulvetr's effect would be weaker being only able to grant Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 instead of a ceiling of +7, but would work on either phase and negates the debuffs preventing weapons like Blizzard and Broadleaf Fan from working. And CYL Dimitri's Moon Gradivus just has a Breath effect, an enemy phase only effect, which can be countered by running Guard, Special Fighter, or if he had been hit by Melancholy/Witchy Wand. It's not like if it had Balmung's or Blade/Spear of Shadows's effects that can work on player phase if the foe is at full health and also negates penalties on the user or unique refined Urvan. Distant Counter on unique refined Urvan with Kestral Stance 3 on a +Spd CYL Ike with Spurn. A Killer effect might be pushing it, but I could see a unit later on being introduced with a Killer effect and full Distant Counter unlike the >= 50% HP condition for Osian and Say'ri.

The third is the issue with legendary and mythic heroes that I mentioned with CYL Claude. They really should be exempt from stat and skill changes. They're supposed to be legendary and mythic heroes, but through time or even on arrival, some of them are lackluster. Given their special status, I don't think people would be that mad if legendary Ephraim was suddenly given Sturdy Stance 3, legendary Lyn's Law of Sacae being upgraded to work on either phase, Naga's Divine Fang also granting Atk/Res+4 or something because, y'know, more attack for units buffed with effective damage against dragons and more resistance against them, units who target resistance at least against melee units, or Fjorm's stats being increased carefully to cater her to a specific role or a straight up +2 to all stats as they have done with resplendent and gen 1 and gen 2 infantry units with 10 Dragonflowers. Sure, Fjorm's a free legendary unit, but players only get one which is the same argument I would have made for Altina or the other 2020 Hero Rises units.

Ignoring my ever present barracks space issues, I think I might use the free pick banner on CYL Claude knowing that I would like for him to show up on his own so I can have a non-neutral copy that I can freely invest in rather than feel limited or not want to invest in him because he or any of the past F2P picks are used for guides and they generally do not have inherited skills. Granted, his default kit is great and giving him Draw Back or whatever isn't expensive, but it would be nice, with or without using Trait Fruits in the future, to have a +Spd or +Atk CYL Claude. Hopefully he shows up before I pick, so that I am not left with only the free copy. Said this many times already, but as I feel like CYL Claude is the F2P pick, I think I will use the 40 summons for a guaranteed 5* unit on CYL Dimitri. Dimitri at some point being a lance infantry was to be expected, but that doesn't change that they are still an underpopulated unit type and worse off than axe cavalry and fliers where either you at least have some demotes and some who are grail units or many of them are grail units. Him being the second lance infantry with a Distant Counter lance infantry and having damage reduction also makes for a stronger case. I would very much like CYL Edelgard that I might do 80 summons for a second guaranteed 5* unit where even though I do have plenty enough green armors and most of the green armors are generally good, so it wouldn't be that bad to miss her on her debut banner and eventually get her later or another future green armor, she is a unique armor just like her legendary self. If CYL Lysithea shows up, then she does. Not crazy about her, but I have grown fond of her when her regular self showed up on her debut banner and started to wreck house being the fluffy marshmallow nuke she is.

This is going to suck... CYL Claude, CYL Dimitri, and Jorge take up four slots as I am going to keep two copies of Jorge where one is neutral for later re-runs of his GHB. A Claude of my own would be another slot, so that's five. If CYL Edelgard and CYL Lysithea show up with maybe CYL Edelgard being the second 40 summons for a guaranteed 5*, then that's two more for seven at most. And I have to pick a CYL2 unit who is likely going to be CYL Veronica so I can have a neutral copy for F2P guides while the +Atk, -Def can finally be invested in more freely. That's eight slots and not counting any 5* unit that I don't have or 3* and 4* unit that ends up showing up with a good asset and flaw. I am at 771/775 for my barracks, so I need to get rid of four units. There are two units I will get rid of, a spare of copy of CYL Celica and CYL Ephraim, but they're waiting for September.

Edited by Kaden

@Yexin I feel like you're really undervaluing these skills for the wrong reasons. Rein skills, especially one like Atk/Spd Rein, are theoretically valued by just about everyone, not just a select few units, and ESPECIALLY since they're almost essentially Lull skills in the C slot. Units other than Brave Ike exist. And waiting for Rein skills to get tier 4? We'll sooner have a Distant Counter sacred seal than Tier 4 skills of a skill that was just released.
As for unity... I don't see what there is that isn't as good as it sounds. It's Atk/Def Bond 3, but 2 range (which is very appreciated in environments where standing next to an ally will get you killed) and completely reverses stat penalties on Atk and Def as opposed to just nullifying them like a theoretical ADBond4 would.
Lastly, just about every skill these guys are carrying are valuable in some way (aside from Chill Spd/Def)

Again, I feel like you're undervaluing these skills for the wrong reasons. If they aren't skills you think you'd be able to use because they clash with your playstyle, then fine we play the game differently. But saying they don't sound amazing or that they probably can't be inherited by one unit is not a good reason to undervalue these skills.

Edited by Xenomata

I see on the skillset that the #1 units were treated better than the #2.

Honestly I hate to say it, but I was disappointed. I mean it makes sense to give the (optimized) final class to these units, but I would like have to seen a bit variation. Lysithea and Edelgard gave their class and weapon type as in their default / legendary version. Mage Knight Lysithea would be refreshing since this class is lacking on good units (Eirika is already shafted nowadays).

• I wouldn't even say that Brave Lysithea is any better than her regular version aside of having an effective tome against cavaliers. Btw I don't even understand why her weapon gives her brave effect (from my understanding) despite having very high speed. All her ABC skills aren't new / exclusive in any way.
  • Claude also has a "generic" skillset, but is in a rare class. Statwise he'll be the best flying archer for sure. As for the class type the best unit imo.
  • Edelgard seems to be more enemy phase likish than her brave version and doesn't seem to have permanent movement restrictions either. Still she's a green armor knight after all. A class I don't need.
  • Dimitri is truely the winner in this banner. Amazing enemy phase set up, though I think Thrasir or any other green mage with null follow up will shred him (thankfully). A good enemy phase lance user is extremely rare. Lukas or maybe Nephenee are the only ones who come in my mind, but both have bad resistance and Lukas is very slow. I hope that at least Dimitri's resistance will be about 30 or at least very close to this area.

As for skill set and role Dimitri is very good, honestly the only outstanding unit. Claude as flying archer has some uses too for sure.

I have 240 orbs and I will use two sparks at max. (on Dimitri, Claude, Lysithea).

I am really looking forward to seeing their stats. I have two spare DCs and I will give one to Edelgard definitely.

Also I am leaning towards Dimitri for my male choice the more I look at him. Especially If I give him the Def/Res version of his A skill, when that releases. Also even with one copy with the IV mango I can make him +Def -Spd/HP and not even merge him and have him rocking. Such a unique unit, I am also lacking someone in his class, unlike flying units (Camilla is an absolute monster whether it comes to offence or support and Hel is the absolute flying tank). 

I must collect the Spd/Res version of Dimitri's A skill for Freya when she releases.

Edited by SuperNova125

Oh wow, I actually can't say who will be the most popular free pick here now... They all look crazy good. lol Phoenixmaster might have a tough time choosing who to use in his FTP guides. Even if he does a poll, I can definitely see the winner only doing so by a hair, still leaving quite a few folks without that one.

Regardless, my free pick is still Claude. Gotta get the fav. Then I'll gradually spark for Dimitri...unless I get him before that.

Edited by Anacybele

@Xenomata i may unintentionally be doing that, but that's simply because i can't see me actually making proper use of those skills with my most played units (BIke, Levin, Reyson, Ashnard and Paula, and i'm also planning to +10 Jorge), but since my most versatile unit is BIke, that's the unit i talk about the most

if someone can actually show me how to make the best out of these skills, they're welcome

point is, the units i mentioned above are already fully built, but i like giving them new skills to try out new builds; what i don't like is giving premium skills to units that are not +10, i feel like it's a waste

i'd honestly pull for a new unit with Spd/Res Unity and give it to BIke, but since Dimitry does not feature this skill, and BIke's defense is already high, i don't really feel like getting him as my free unit

Claude's Atk/Spd Rein might actually work really well with some B skills like Mystic Boost or Repel, especially after i change my BIke's ivs from +Atk to +Spd, but then he'd score lower in Arena (still, we have yet to confirm whether Rein skills are inheritable by infantry units); otherwise, Ashnard might make good use of Atk/Spd Rein (although Atk/Def would be better, since Ashnard's Spd is almost useless)

i think my only option is to wait for the datamine and see

if i offended anyone due to my poor skill-valuing opinions, i'm sorry

Edited by Yexin

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh wow, I actually can't say who will be the most popular free pick here now... They all look crazy good. lol Phoenixmaster might have a tough time choosing who to use in his FTP guides. Even if he does a poll, I can definitely see the winner only doing so by a hair, still leaving quite a few folks without that one.

Regardless, my free pick is still Claude. Gotta get the fav. Then I'll gradually spark for Dimitri...unless I get him before that.

Bg chance PM1 will just spark thrice and pick all 4 units and have them Neutral. Then release f2p guides for each version so everyone can follow them.

11 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Bg chance PM1 will just spark thrice and pick all 4 units and have them Neutral. Then release f2p guides for each version so everyone can follow them.

If he can afford to do that, then definitely. But otherwise, yeah.

That potentially quadruples his workload for every LHB though, the poor guy. Even if he does have all four I think it's reasonable to just go with the formula of presenting up to two solutions, one with the CYL unit and one with none of them.

31 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

If he can afford to do that, then definitely. But otherwise, yeah.

He paid his parents remains mortgage from the revenue from his summoning video's alone.

So yeah, he can easily do that.

Edited by Vicious Sal

7 hours ago, Jotari said:

What's with the Archanea weapons? Are we expecting to get another Claud and Dimitri later with their proper relics?

Yeah. After Legendary Edelgard I'd expect them to get the same treatment (a Prf and Combat Art as a B Skill.)

6 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

... I almost feel like maybe Claude fans should've waited to get him to first place next year, it's kinda sad to see him with a chill skill while Dimitri and Edelgard gets these "House Rules" skills.

Yeah. Doubly so since the other leaders and even Lysithea gets a Tier 4 A and C skill and he just gets the former.

6 hours ago, vikingsfan92 said:

I think that golden deer rule is going to be on Legend cluade.

He missed his chance. As Sunwoo said, his fans should have waited until CYL 5 to get him into first place. All he'll get now is a Skill version of Fallen Star.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Seriously, where's Snow Mercurius? Also, these 4 are pretty neat. We also fight Feryr this time. I don't know what order I'd spark, but if I'm pulling I'm going all over the place.

Snow will likely be represented by Byleth or Rhea. Also, they're showing up in a story chapter this time, huh? Chain Challenge is gonna be a pain...

Edit: Forgot to mention that I was surprised we were getting a trailer so soon. Even accounting for tomorrow being Sunday, they could have also put this out on Monday...still, I appreciate the advance warning so we can theorycraft and decide who we want for free sooner.

Edited by DefyingFates

6 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

... I almost feel like maybe Claude fans should've waited to get him to first place next year, it's kinda sad to see him with a chill skill while Dimitri and Edelgard gets these "House Rules" skills.

I feel like it's more on the developers at this point. For CYL1 and CYL2 maybe, but by CYL3 where personal skills were more common and on non-legendary and non-mythic heroes, there isn't much of a reason for them to not give second place CYL winners a personal skill too. What was that saying again? Second place is the first loser. That's the feeling I get from all the second place CYL winners. Then again, it doesn't stop some of the first place winners from being dead on introduction.

Future versions of Edelgard might not have Black Eagle Rule because Raging Storm is also a B passive, but I could see legendary Dimitri having both Blue Lion Rule and Atrocity or whatever as his personal special or A or C passive.

Edited by Kaden

Those are some wild skillsets. My plan is still to go for the first spark, get Claude if he doesn't show up in the random summons, and then save my other free pick until I get three of the four so I can make sure I get the fourth, but man, the temptation to use it earlier is not going to be easy to resist. But the fact that they're so ridiculous is also why I want to make sure to get them all. If I do get Claude on the random summons (and no one else), I'm not sure whether I'll stick with my original plan of getting Dimitri as my spark, or if Edelgard will win out despite her worse are because of her absurd skills. Dimitri's skills are also pretty absurd, to be fair.

The fact that we're getting a new story chapter here is quite a surprise. This means we can still finish Book 4 by early November rather than having it end right before the start of December, so... hopefully this means late November will be a regular New Heroes banner with a Paralogue like last year, rather than another seasonal.

I'm guessing Freyr is another cavalry with the same transformation as Freyja. Curious to see what his weapon does.

Edited by Othin

Quoting myself from the Book 4 thread -

I'm disappointed that this is where the CYL Heroes are showing up. One, because Lunatic and Chain Challenges are going to be a nightmare (no pun intended) and two because we won't get to see these four interact, which is one of the reasons many people were fine with a 3H sweep this year.

- because I really was looking forward to seeing the leaders react to each other after completing their respective routes (especially El and Dimitri). I'm happy we're getting Chapter 10 sooner than usual, but still. The sweep just feels pointless now, especially with Claude missing out on a Prf skill due to coming in second 😕

On topic, is this the right thread to include a "Who do you want for free?" poll? I'm pretty sure that's a tradition for us at this point 😛

Edited by DefyingFates

8 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Quoting myself from the Book 4 thread -

- because I really was looking forward to seeing the leaders react to each other after completing their respective routes (especially El and Dimitri). I'm happy we're getting Chapter 10 sooner than usual, but still. The sweep just feels pointless now, especially with Claude missing out on a Prf skill due to coming in second 😕

On topic, is this the right thread to include a "Who do you want for free?" poll? I'm pretty sure that's a tradition for us at this point 😛

We'll get to see them interact in Forging Bonds.

7 hours ago, Jotari said:

What's with the Archanea weapons? Are we expecting to get another Claude and Dimitri later with their proper relics?

It's a callback to how the Archanean Regalia is available in Three Houses. And echoing what others have said previously, we're bound to see Legendary versions of Claude and Dimitri sporting Failnaught and Areadbhar respectively.

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

@Xenomata The skill's name in Japanese is 牽制 (kensei), "check", "restrain", or "rein in".

The icon looks maybe like a pegasus? I'm unsure if that's actually indicative of a movement-type restriction or if it's a visual metaphor for the skill's name, as it looks more like a pegasus being pulled back instead of the pegasus being the equipping unit.

I think it may be visual metaphor of a pegasus being pulled back. Who knows, it may be indicative of cavalry and fliers being pulled back too, which could hint at this being flier-and-cavalry-locked? My conjecture, of course.

May very well get Dimitri for free summon, and my first spark would be either Claude or Edie depending on mood.

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

if unit triggers special gets 50% of max HP back as well (OH BOY THAT'S BEAUTIFUL)

That is the ugliest effect in my opinion and ruins him as a unit for conventional player phase play. He cannot use Desperation reliably and he cannot run Dive-Bomb either, so he is going to die to any properly built Def tank as Guard will shut him down and Quick Riposte will secure the kill against him.

His Weapon is built for super tanks, but he is in the wrong class to be a super tank. Iote's Shield eats up the Sacred Seal slot and fliers have limited B slots, with the best option being Guard or Dull Ranged.