Fire Emblem Heroes - New Heroes (Forces of Will)

Sunwoo

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ehhh... as tempting as it is to get these characters for the skills, I have to say that I'm pretty burned by Dimitri and Edelgard at this point. The Morgans are tempting though.

Also the freebie is Orson. Interesting.

So, will people start complaining about all the Edelgard alts like they did for Lyn? No? Okay.

And no one was surprised. Edelgard's new skill looks like something I might want to give to Caineghis. Dimitri gets his boar treatment. Morgan(s) get in over Risen Chrom, guess Chrom fans are still waiting for stuff, dang.

Fallen Dimitri and Edelgard, as expected.

Both Fallen Morgan? That's cool, I'm gonna try to get both but just for the spark.

Orson is out of place, why not Noire or another fallen from Three Houses? Geez IS.

Edited by Nym

4 minutes ago, Nym said:

Orson is out of place, why not Noire or another fallen from Three Houses? Geez IS.

The Fallen banners have always mixed and matched characters.

I don't remember why but I was reading some of the Awakening Future Past DLC dialog the other day and now the Morgans show up lol. More broken bs as always with Dimitri and Edelgard.

My favorite non-vanilla-new-heroes banner and f!Edelgard does not disappoint. :D   now thank god I have two seasonal banners to stock up on orbs because between attempting to grab Catherine and now sparking on this one... yeow.

Did Edelgard really get galeforce-if-transformed?  that's amazing.

I feel real meh about this guys, which is good news as it lets me keep trying to get kid Eirika with the chapter orbs. 

Regardless, let's see if these guys are F!Ike tier or not. 

F!Dimitri's prf description is weird as heck. It has Atk/Spd Solo 3 built-in, but to get the Atrocity-like true dmg he has to fight stuff that denies his doubles. I guess this Dimitri will be kinda slow so the effect can trigger often, but it's still wonky. His exclusive B-skill is pretty disgusting. Canto Rem and Sweep effect is really strong. Still, this guy seems to rely heavily on one-shotting the opponent, and if he follows suit with his other alts he'll melt to any mage. Meh, I guess Legendary Dimitri is still the strongest version of the character. 

The Morgans have the exact same Prf so I'll talk about both here. I think Male Morgan gets more use out of his due to being ranged, but F!Morgan should be the better tank if her Def is high enough to run Wyvern Flight. The prf is incredibly weak to units that ignore penalties (B!Hector) and is also easily shut down by Lull users. Well, it's probably better to consider this for PvE and there it'll be pretty devasting. Menace skills are here to show that Threaten 3 skills were a failure and F!Morgan brings the coveted Dive Bomb to the normal summoning pool, which is awesome! Still, neither of these two are breaking any new grounds for their classes so eh.

F!Edelgard is by far the most unique here. So her Hegemon Husk is treated as a colorless beast armor and, as such, has a conditional DC built-in. Her Prf also has the standard in-combat debuff that B!Edelgard has, Wary Fighter and Raging Storm. It's a loaded weapon, but the Wary Fighter seems kinda counterintuitive when her playstyle seems to want to be a middle ground between her Brave and Legendary alts. Armored Wall is Special Fighter+, with healing after combat and that gimmicky first combat dmg reduction. At first glance it seems like F!Edelgard will be very hard to kill and will devast you with special nukes if you're not careful, but she's going to be weak to NFU users, those that have some form of Guard in their skillset and she'll crumble to ranged units if not on a Beast team or on her own. Funnily enough she's extra weak to the Byleths, guess IS wanted to keep it true to how it was in 3H. EDIT: The Raging Storm effect is tied to Edelgard being transformed, that makes her even more niche now.

Heeh, Orson is the GHB, eh? Well, that's going to be fun. 

Edited by Alexmender

Interesting. Dimitri getting three war arc versions with the same unit type in one year is very silly, but the Morgans are cool, and Edelgard and Orson are very welcome.

Gotta say though, it feels wasteful for our second beast armor to also be colorless.

Edited by Othin

Nothing interesting here that I'm into. I don't really care about seeing the TH Lords getting more alts or the Morgans here so it's a skip for me. Maybe the bridal banner or next month's new heroes banner will be more interesting.

My boy, look how they visually and audibly massacred my sweet beautiful baby boy. 😨 (His character, not the artist and VA)

1008151163_Screenshot(998).thumb.png.b59e972435264d8c214415b5470bafc3.png1688394136_Screenshot(999).thumb.png.657d0eb8d8a02b52a274cc5fa4350ddc.png

On a side note, didn't think Hegemon was going to be a Beast unit.

Edited by Morgan--Grandmaster

I wasn't expecting anything I cared about from this banner, but both Fallen!Morgans? Now it has my attention. I haven't played 3H, so I'm not going to bother pulling for Dimitri or Edelgard even if they're the better units. Menace looks good, if easily countered, and Dive-Bomb on F!Morgan is a treat.

I am tired of all the 3Houses spam, but man i never thought i'll find myself wanting another edelgard alt. She looks great, i dont even care what she does, the art is just really good (but of course she looks like is decent too).  Will spark.

Also, any one know if dimitri's B skill is inheritable? i kind of want that. oh, nope, is not. shame.

Edited by Sil/phire

Despite liking both Dimitri (with his weapon apparently being Kriemhild's third cousin twice removed) and F!Morgan, this lineup still comes across as underwhelming to me. So, expect me to still pull on this banner anyways.

Also, this just got even more hilarious: 

Spoiler

iXKrpv9.png?1

Yup kid, Orson sure was great.....until he sold your country out for the sake of necrophilia. Oh well, what she doesn't know won't hurt her.

And while I'm bringing attention to this, no one tell them that their dad will end up jobbing like a loser.

Little surprised they did with Hegemon Edelgard’s base Art, since she’s always shown as monster in game before and after attacking. Still pretty creepy though. 

And everyone who insisted fallen Dimitri wouldn't happen feels dumb now.

39 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

So, will people start complaining about all the Edelgard alts like they did for Lyn? No? Okay.

To be fair, every Edelgard alt so far is expected to a degree; she hasn't gotten even one seasonal alt. Base, legendary, brave, fallen (+Flame Emperor if you want to count that). Lyn has four seasonal alts, as does Camilla.

Oh, and I feel it's an apt time to bring attention to this again: 

Book V Red Tome Units
Knoll, Legendary Lilina, Miranda, Veld, Plegian Dorothea & Lene, Henriette, Valentine's Lif & Thrasir, Azelle, Solon, Severa, Erk, Fallen M!Morgan [12]

Book V Sword Units
Reginn, Winter Altina & Sanaki, Annand, Young Eirika & Ephraim, Legendary Sigurd [5]

If Orson is a lance cav he probably is, then this will be the first batch of Fallen Heroes with no sword unit either. 

...THIS is how we get the second Beast Armor in the game? I thought we'd be getting someone else from Radiant Dawn a little sooner...

• Well, that lance looks more unsettling than any Heroes Relic ever has, and those things already don't look like anything I'd want to own. I'm not really sure why Dimitri needs three Infantry alts, but I'll stop there before I begin to wonder if Fallen Dimitri is even valid as a Fallen unit... lance looks unsettling from a gameplay standpoint. Deny his Follow-up, he just murders you even harder... I think a lot of units would benefit from that effect.
  • The two Morgans looked real stacked when under the right conditions. Menace skills look like they'll be replacing Threatens real soon. Also, I seem to remember FemMorgan was a Griffon Rider, not a Wyvern Lord...
  • Ah geez, not another double Galeforce unit... she's even more loaded to perform it than LegEdelgard too. WHY, she doesn't even HAVE Aymr as the Hegemon Husk.

Sigh... think I might have to build a Boey now just to try and have SOMEONE to counter that Hegemon... but wait, her transformed state is massive... how the hell is that gonna look on the map???

Also, was it really necessary to extend the video 20 seconds just to tell us about Celestial Stones?

10 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Also, I seem to remember FemMorgan was a Griffon Rider, not a Wyvern Lord...

No, she was indeed a Wyvern Lord on The Future Past 2 map. 

There wasn't a single Griffon Rider boss anywhere in Awakening that wasn't a generic Risen Chief. One of the two that exist was the boss of Morgan's paralogue, though (the other was the boss in Tiki's paralogue). 

Just now, Tybrosion said:

No, she was indeed a Wyvern Lord on The Future Past 2 map. 

There wasn't a single Griffon Rider boss anywhere in Awakening that wasn't a generic Risen Chief. One of the two that exist was the boss of Morgan's paralogue, though (the other was the boss in Tiki's paralogue). 

Huh. Wonder why I remember Griffon Rider...

So Azure Moon, Future Past, and Sacred Stones for this update.

Only Edelgard is remotely interesting as a banner focus unit -- 1st beast unit not from Tellius/Awakening and the 1st beast armored unit since Caineghis, who was released in 2019. She's also stacked thanks to her Prf skills:
Weapon: DC (standard among beast armors), Wary Fighter, cooldown acceleration, Galeforce, and in-combat debuffs
B-skill: damage reduction on 1st hit of turn, Guard, Breath, post-combat self-heal

At least Armored Stride is now in the regular gacha.

Dimitri is pretty much Legendary Dimitri, just replace debuffs+damage reduction with Canto+Firesweep. Timeskip Dimitri is basically the new Hector meme.

MMorgan is just powercreep version of his OG self.

FMorgan is pretty much the powercreep version of Cherche. At least Dive Bomb is now in the regular gacha though I'd prefer pulling for Pirate Tibarn since he has both Dive Bomb and Heavy Blade 4 (my new Sumia would like both).

With a new class of C-passives called Menace skills, we could expect to see more Jojo memes in the coming weeks.

Oh snap, Orson is the F2P unit. Another melee cav (likely not another axe cav thankfully since FE8 Paladins don't use axes) and he's also a Fallen Hero so he's going to get a Prf weapon. Hopefully, it'd be something interesting/decent.

Edited by Roflolxp54

1 hour ago, Florete said:

To be fair, every Edelgard alt so far is expected to a degree; she hasn't gotten even one seasonal alt. Base, legendary, brave, fallen (+Flame Emperor if you want to count that). Lyn has four seasonal alts, as does Camilla.

It also took Lyn four separate years to get those seasonals. Edelgard debuted in 2019 and then got three of her five versions in a single year, 2020. Brave was unavoidable, but Flame Emperor and Legendary? There was no reason that Flame Emperor couldn't have been someone else, like Thales, and there was no reason they couldn't have pushed Legendary back a little bit. Three Houses itself came out in July 2019, and banners in Heroes are planned approximately six months in advance; since Legendary came out in April 2020, that means they had to have started planning her in back in October, only three months after TH released and before any CYL 2020 voting started. TH was a big hit and yeah, they'd wanna cash in, but even so, that's a really short amount of time. Not to mention that Flame Emperor came out a month before Legendary, so they already had THREE Edelgards planned (regular, Flame Emperor, and Legendary) back-to-back-to-back right when TH launched.

Regardless of whether or not any of Edelgard's variants are expected or seasonal, they're still pushing out more and more at an exhaustingly fast pace, faster than both Lyn and Camilla. For reference between the time frame between Lyn's Brave and Legendary alts versus Edelgard's: There was eight months between Lyn's Brave and Legendary. There was only four months between Edelgard's.

If it helps at all, I also think they're throwing too many Edelgards and Dimitris into the game at once. Even if their current alts are all justified, canon alts it's been established in the past that IS doesn't know how to space things out. At all.

another NHB without Rhea --> another NHB without spending orbs

also the powercreep is strong with this banner
and i'd really like to know if Dimitri and Edelgard fans are happy with these alts or are even remotely annoyed, and for what reasons, but i fear this would only lead to pointless discussions, so forget i said anything

Edited by Yexin