Special Heroes: Spring Eternal

1 minute ago, Humanoid said:

To an extent I think it makes sense that Harmonics (and seasonal units in general) should avoid oversaturated classes like Lance Cavalry. Axe Cavalry seems to just be the default fallback because it's the only uncommon melee cavalry type, but why limit themselves to melee? Or even if sticking with melee, just swap Freyja to be the lead unit and we could have any beast cavalry colour.

Melee classes are useful in Resonant Battles due to not being affected by the enemy units' Obstruct effect. Melee cavalry are also useful since they get Canto (Rem.+1) instead of Canto (Rem.) for faster movement across the map.

Swapping the lead to Freyja would be a mixed bag. On the one hand, she'll have an exclusive B skill, and they'd probably make an improved version of her original B skill that is better suited for an offensive role. On the other hand, that costs the unit a skill slot for valuable skill fodder.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Alexmender said:
  • Totally not a Summer unit's Prf is self explanatory so I won't go over that. The new Dancer skill she brings is pretty nice as it gives Canto 1 and Desperation for the danced unit. 

Not quite. The phrasing is a bit confusing, but to my understanding it gives the danced unit Atk/Spd +6 and Desperation, and gives the dancer Canto 1.

Well the leak was true. Kind of disappointed that Bernadetta and Ashe are Academy versions when they already were that in their previous alt AND they introduced the idea of Three Hopes versions for seasonals. I guess they needed to fill the CUTE quota for the banner, since the Harmonic and Triandra already filled the SEXY quota.

It's interesting that Freyja is the backpack. With this we got Triandra, Peony, Plumeria and Freyja as a backpack. Is backpack Mirabilis coming soon? Backpack bride Mirabilis?

Michalis and Karla look really good IMHO, especially Michalis
i kinda wish Spring Karla was drawn by Kita, since OG and Desert Karla are as well, but i don't really mind too much, i like cuboon's style

don't care about the other 3 in the slightest

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Not quite. The phrasing is a bit confusing, but to my understanding it gives the danced unit Atk/Spd +6 and Desperation, and gives the dancer Canto 1.

This is correct. The Japanese description is much more clear, as it has the self effect and the target effect in two separate paragraphs. Because paragraphs are a thing, and the English localization team really needs to use them.

@Alexmender

I think its funny that IS added Michalis despite everything pointing to them really not wanting to. He seems an obligation just to keep up a pattern and his place in this banner confirms that. Its not a Macedon or FE1 banner, he seemingly has a lame kit and he's not even in the trailer. 

Gee there was a lot to precess here, basicaly these are my thoughts on the banner:

- First off, finally a colored bow cav that is not green!

- Escape route 4 looks pretty cool too, it gives the same amount of teleportation as say, Ash (4 spaces) except that the ally can be a space further (but it has an HP check so I'll keep going with Ash).

- Firestorm Dance 3 is absolutely needed! the other skills of this type are WAY too outdated to be used, it could even be only atk/spd +6 and it'd be ok(not great, but good enough) already since it'd work as a rally assist that activates with dance but giving both canto(1) AND Desperation too makes it GREAT (have I mentioned that I'm a sucker for desperation?) specially since both of these effects are B skills so units that don't come with one of them on their weapon will never get both (except maybe with very specific support, B!Catria's duo skill is the only one that comes to mind now but I' lazy to look up if there's more) and now they can very easily have both of the effects simply by being danced! EDIT: Oh, so apparently the canto(1) is for the dancer, anyway, still a great skill (It's great that they can dance and then canto away without having to ocupy their own B slot with a trace skill).

- I'll mention it again but I really like how IS has been handling the "marginalized" groups of units lately, first it was beasts, then staff units and now they gave us a juicy dancer skill and I hope they'll keep doing it. I get it that they don't want to make every dancer be buffed and get lots of prft shit or even be stellar at combat except for some "special" ones (and at least, unlike bad staff units there are no really bad dancers), since their main point is supporting anyway, so it's nice that they made this skill now that, while being released on a good offensive dancer with a prf dance, would still be VERY appreciated on any other dancer. I hope that they'll release more great support skills for dancers like this.

- Michalis being here brightened my day (Gee I'm getting really lucky with these free units lately) and he'll also bring lote's shield to the Grail store, which is cool.  

About the character selection... I don't like that Bernadetta and Ashe got another alt each (I know that they don't have a lot compared to other characters but I hate Bernadetta and really couldn't care less about Ashe) but since it's the easter alt(one of the seasonals I like the less) then I don't mind it that much, hey I guess that this might mean that 3 Houses won't get a big part of the summer banner this year? Karla is...strange to be here and I didn't know that she was popular enough to get another alt after her Hatari one, but since I like her I'm not disappointed at all, and as much as I don't like Freyja I liked her art and outfit a lot here and that she comes with Karla (mostly just because I like Karla, but I also liked the idea of pairing the both of them paired up  Although Freyja would have matched better someone like Lachesis, kidding what we got was a good choice, even if has nothing to do with easter) also I wonder if we'll ever get spring Karel on the future, it'd be hella funny (I mean, we already got Fir, Bartre, Karla so there's only Karel left, AH! Alright That's why Karla is here I guess, because of Bartre and Fir... ok, it doesn't look that strange anymore)  the only thing that bothers me on their art is that Karla's eyes are a way too light shade of gray almost making it look like those bblue-gray eyes instead of being on the darker end of gray, I know it's superficial but it really bothers me since she tends to have darker eyes. Triandra.... eh, nothing to say about het except that I really disliked her outfit, specially after seeing how well they implemented Freyja's "fairily" stuff on hers but not Triandra's, the black ballerina shoes look hella dope though . And last but not least, Michalis being here is PERFECT! He is literally one of the only characters that I cared about being on the Spring banner (because since Minerva and Maria showed up, I wanted to see him using silly bunny clothes there) maybe the other ones that I really want on the future are the taguel but obviously they wouldn't show up this year since they had to be on the NY banner(I mean, it's the bunny year right? So it be a wasted opportunity so put them here instead of the NY banner this year...) and now Karel(preferably FE7 Karel cause it'd be funnier, I mean imagine Karel talking about blood and how he wants to kill everyone in battle while using his hella edgy dialogue full of elipses... but dressed as a bunny, it'd be ridiculous in an awesome way).

7 hours ago, Humanoid said:

vkfltysyuwla1.png

For some reason, his face here really reminds me of Eldigan or Ares, I don't know why but it really does...(That's not bad at all and it doesn't resemble them enough to the point of looking like either of them or of not looking like it's Michalis, it's just that for some reason, when I looked at his aert here I instantly remembered Eldigan and Ares, maybe it's the same artist of one of their OG arts, idk...)

Yeah, anyway, in the end the banner is a skip for me, specially since I'm gonna burn all of my orbs now on the valentines banner still trying to get Elise (I already got Leo though, that is the other unit I wanted... But I couldn't get Elise yet since I haven't been playing much lately) and then maybe on the current legendary banner or on the AHR banner when it drops, or just start saving again for the next really good banner idk. I'll just use my free summon and hope either for Triandra (because she's a colorless tome and I want Firestorm dance) or for Karla+Freyja(because she's cool and has good stats), but I don't really NEED any of them now (since I have enough good dancers and I think I have some good axe cavs as well but if I don't I don't need any now anyway) so I won't try more than once, I'll decide on which I'll try for after seeing Triandra's stats and taking a good look at each of them.

6 hours ago, Humanoid said:

To an extent I think it makes sense that Harmonics (and seasonal units in general) should avoid oversaturated classes like Lance Cavalry. Axe Cavalry seems to just be the default fallback because it's the only uncommon melee cavalry type, but why limit themselves to melee? Or even if sticking with melee, just swap Freyja to be the lead unit and we could have any beast cavalry colour.

Yeah, I kinda agree with this. I take it that they either didn't want to make another busted beast now since we just got a bunch of them (+ being Freyja, it'd have to get her prf skill and be an unit that looks more like Freyja in terms of weapon and skills instead of resembling Hatari Karla, I guess that they wanted to put Karla on the banner because Bartre and Fir have spring alts and then just thought of whoever that could match her as a duo and put Freyja, basically I think that they never considered putting Freyja as an unit here, specially since she already has a seasonal that is still good and that resembles her OG alt except that on a different color AND that her OG alt is already green)  OR that they're considering making Freyja a lead in another duo/harmonic someday and didn't want to "waste" it yet on this banner.

Edited by ARMADS!!!

I think I'm just going to snipe red. I'm a bit tired of Bernie, and as I figured, Karla's just here to be part of a busty bunny harmonic (like IS seems to enjoy doing lately.) Also, Freyja and Triandra being here confuses me. Was somewhat hoping we'd get Kid Freyja and Kid Freyr for the upcoming child banner to tie in indirectly to the FEH main story. Also, the next TT+ plot is lined up to be about Book 4 anyway, so it just feels weird getting seasonals of them right now. Maybe we'll get some awakened form of Freyja sometime during that, since she's in a coma and that would make sense for an "ascended" version? Like, "I understand now why you felt as you did toward the humans, brother. I only wish I'd remembered my compassion sooner..." and she becomes the queen of dreams? The obvious choice would be Peony, but I feel like Freyja just being asleep instead of dead gives IS the chance to do something more with her. Buuuut...yeah... We have bunny goat now. (Also, no idea why IS seems to like Freyja so much.) That said, Triandra's egg is pretty. But DANG is Ashe adorable! I'm a bit surprised he's getting another seasonal, honestly. I'm also a bit on the fence as to whether I'm happy Michalis is a freebie or not, too. Happy to have him, but the poor guy seems to never be on a banner. I wonder where in the timeline this version of him is from.

I didn't plan to pull on this banner, but I feel like I need to get that Ashe. Since he's the 4*, he should join the barracks soon, then I can keep saving up for the child and fallen banners. 🙂

With another two old skill families getting tier-4 versions, I looked to see what others might be candidates for upcoming banners. The ones that looked relevant to me:

• A - [Stat] Plus, Defiant, Triangle Adept, [Type] Shield, Boost, Bonus Doubler, Form, Session
  • B - Pass/Obstruct, Vantage/Desperation, Brash Assault, Wary/Bold/Vengeful Fighter, Odd/Even Follow-Up, Poison Strike, Renewal, Live to Serve, Sabotage, Sudden Panic, Breaker, Cancel Affinity, Sweep, Shield Pulse, Acrobatics + Flier Formation, Guard Bearing, Wrath, Cantrip, Dull, Link, Snag, Feint, Ruse, Null, Lull
  • C - Breath of Life + Savage Blow, Ploy, Infantry Pulse, Infantry Rush/Flash/Breath/Hexblade, Armor March, Guidance, Orders, Odd/Even Wave, Opening, Gap, Tempest

11 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Totally not a Summer unit

Yeah, going by that outfit it really does look like Triandra was supposed to be in the 2021 Summer banner and got lost for a bit under two years. Firestorm Dance 3 looks really interesting though: Desperation AND Canto (1) may be a good enough reason to use it instead of the usual Wings of Mercy. Which might even see an upgrade sometime soon given we just got Escape Route 4.

So yeah, a part of me is tempted to try and get a copy of her even though I'd otherwise skip the banner. There's no available spark, but worst comes to worst I'll at least be able to try out the new pity focus thing.

11 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Ashe got 28th in CYL7 while Karla was 293rd. And for that matter, Freyja got 23rd in CYL7. The highest Karla has ever placed in CYL was 262nd in CYL2. Ashe has never placed below 30th in any CYL.

Karla is never going to be a thing no matter how hard IS tries. Even ignoring Ayra (just like IS, ayo), I don't understand why they keep pushing Karla over Marisa (who only has a shitty, about-to-be-four-years-old Spring alt) if they want a sexy sword lady to sell. 

While I do also think it's kind of crazy that a bonus character most people never knew existed before FEH even if they played her original game is getting this much attention, CYL votes don't directly translate to sales. The FEH devs have much more sales data than we do and if they're giving Karla a second seasonal, which is also a harmonic lead, my conclusion isn't, "Stop pushing her, she's not popular," but instead, "Wow, Karla must have been a surprise sales hit."

10 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Yeah, going by that outfit it really does look like Triandra was supposed to be in the 2021 Summer banner and got lost for a bit under two years. Firestorm Dance 3 looks really interesting though: Desperation AND Canto (1) may be a good enough reason to use it instead of the usual Wings of Mercy. Which might even see an upgrade sometime soon given we just got Escape Route 4.

So yeah, a part of me is tempted to try and get a copy of her even though I'd otherwise skip the banner. There's no available spark, but worst comes to worst I'll at least be able to try out the new pity focus thing.

Yeah, after Bernie, I was really expecting Triandra to have Wings of Mercy 4. But this is neat too.

32 minutes ago, Othin said:

With another two old skill families getting tier-4 versions, I looked to see what others might be candidates for upcoming banners. The ones that looked relevant to me:

I don't expect to ever see anything else happen with Defiant skills. Brazen skills were made to replace Defiant skills, and unlike Drive skills not being strictly better than Spur skills, Brazen skills are pretty much strictly better than Defiant skills. (It's worth noting that Brazen skills in Japanese are literally called "Great Defiant" skills in the same way that Drive skills are called "Great Spur" skills and Hold skills are called "Great Rein" skills. English couldn't do that because of screen real estate limitations.)

I also don't expect to get a Desperation 4 anytime in the foreseeable future. They've spent the last couple years trying their best to get players to stop running Desperation on literally everything, and I don't think they'll go back and make an upgrade to Desperation that will will push the balance back in Desperation's favor, even situationally. That said, they've made poor decisions before, and I don't trust them to have learned any lessons.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

I don't expect to ever see anything else happen with Defiant skills. Brazen skills were made to replace Defiant skills, and unlike Drive skills not being strictly better than Spur skills, Brazen skills are pretty much strictly better than Defiant skills. (It's worth noting that Brazen skills in Japanese are literally called "Great Defiant" skills in the same way that Drive skills are called "Great Spur" skills and Hold skills are called "Great Rein" skills. English couldn't do that because of screen real estate limitations.)

I also don't expect to get a Desperation 4 anytime in the foreseeable future. They've spent the last couple years trying their best to get players to stop running Desperation on literally everything, and I don't think they'll go back and make an upgrade to Desperation that will will push the balance back in Desperation's favor, even situationally. That said, they've made poor decisions before, and I don't trust them to have learned any lessons.

The fact that Defiant skills give field buffs puts them in a somewhat different functional role, though. Raise the HP threshold to 99%, make them dual-stat, and add one or more other beneficial statuses, and there could be something there.

It's a good point about the names, but we did eventually get tier-4 Spurs in addition to Drives.

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

The fact that Defiant skills give field buffs puts them in a somewhat different functional role, though. Raise the HP threshold to 99%, make them dual-stat, and add one or more other beneficial statuses, and there could be something there.

It's a good point about the names, but we did eventually get tier-4 Spurs in addition to Drives.

The problem with Defiant skills giving field buffs is the fact that it overlaps with the roles of the Assist and C skill slots and cannot stack with them. Given how many skills (mostly weapons and exclusive skills) we now have that grant two +6 field buffs to nearby allies, Defiant skills are pretty much required to provide comparable in-combat bonuses to other A skills to get around their inability to stack just to be viable... which basically makes it just a Brazen skill combined with an Oath skill with a different condition.

Defiant is also the single most dead skill series in the game. It has only appeared on 3 units excluding release units, and its most recent appearance on a new unit was Spring Camilla less than 2 months after the game's release. (The other two were Female Robin and Karel.)

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

(Also, no idea why IS seems to like Freyja so much.) 

It's not IS that likes Freyja so much, it's the FEH community.

Just look at how good she placed in every single CYL she has been a part of. Most of the OCs tend to do very well in their first CYL, but they drop like a brick after that for a combination of reasons, but mostly because we get fresh new OCs every year.

She is together with the Askr trio and Fjorm (and a few others who I'm less sure about) one of the only OCs to defy this trend, getting 46th place in CYL 5, 22nd in CYL6 and 23rd in the most recent CYL 7.

And even if we discount the importance of CYL results because what really matters is sales, according to SensorTower's data both her debut banner with Triandra and her Summer Banner with her brother are among the most lucrative banners of their respective years.

No matter what criteria we use, Freyja has been one of their "best" OCs period, at the very least in the top 10 I would say. Which might partially explain why she is the backpack here. They might be trying to test if she can carry a banner's sales even as a backpack.

It's still perfectly fine to not like her and she is my least favorite from Book 4, but the majority has already decided.

I find it very peculiar that IS has such a strong attachment to Karla. For a very minor character she's got it very good with alts and resplendents, while far more important and popular characters have to make due with far less. Sure, Karla's an attractive woman with big breasts, but its not like she's the only attractive woman with big breasts.

3 hours ago, Florete said:

While I do also think it's kind of crazy that a bonus character most people never knew existed before FEH even if they played her original game is getting this much attention, CYL votes don't directly translate to sales. The FEH devs have much more sales data than we do and if they're giving Karla a second seasonal, which is also a harmonic lead, my conclusion isn't, "Stop pushing her, she's not popular," but instead, "Wow, Karla must have been a surprise sales hit."

That’s fair enough. IS probably should have a better idea of what sells compared to a jackass like me.

And even if they’re wrong about Karla bringing in sales, they paired her with a known commodity (Freyja) as a backup plan.

44 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I find it very peculiar that IS has such a strong attachment to Karla. For a very minor character she's got it very good with alts and resplendents, while far more important and popular characters have to make do with far less. Sure, Karla's an attractive woman with big breasts, but it’s not like she's the only attractive woman with big breasts.

I feel like one of the reasons they keep coming back to Karla is because FE7 (and I guess just Elibe in general) doesn’t have that many fanservicey females. There isn’t that much beyond Lyn (who we already have an overdose of), Ursula (just got an alt) and Sonia.

Another reason is that Karla is easy to pencil in somewhere if they’re also giving Elise something because of a shared Japanese VA. Ursula has the same thing going on too, but with Eirika instead. Now, if only they could give Nephenee more shit because she shares with Lyn.

3 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

feel like one of the reasons they keep coming back to Karla is because FE7 (and I guess just Elibe in general) doesn’t have that many fanservicey females. There isn’t that much beyond Lyn (who we already have an overdose of), Ursula (just got an alt) and Sonia.

Fanservice is as fanservice does. I think everyone would agree that Louise is an objectively attractive lady. Put her in a bunny suit and you have fanservice aplenty. You also have the likes of Nino or Rebecca who would get the loli fanservice in, and the likes of Leila and Fiora for good measure. 

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Fanservice is as fanservice does. I think everyone would agree that Louise is an objectively attractive lady. Put her in a bunny suit and you have fanservice aplenty. You also have the likes of Nino or Rebecca who would get the loli fanservice in, and the likes of Leila and Fiora for good measure. 

Louise is also very much happily married to Pent, and Leila is very much attached to Matthew. Perhaps that's why Louise and Leila aren't as marketable.

EDIT: Also Leila got a good alt last year anyway.

Edited by Sunwoo

Stats [SPOILERS]:

Spoiler

srrbsesnl0ma1.png

Karla & Freyja
Super Asset(s): Atk, Spd, Def
Super Flaw(s): HP

Triandra
Super Asset(s): Atk, Spd

Bernadetta
Super Flaw(s): HP, Def, Res
*Escape Route 4 has no weapon type or movement type restrictions.

Ashe
Super Asset(s): Atk
Super Flaw(s): HP, Res
*Atk/Spd Catch 3 unlocks at 4*.

Michalis
Super Asset(s): none
Super Flaw(s): Res
*Both Iote's Shield and Atk/Spd Snag 3 are available at 4*.

Just lmao at this Spd powercreep. The girls apparently all have 90% Spd growths and thus can get +2 Spd on a level up.

As for Michalis, his stat line would be funny if it wasn't so predictable. They really did just give us a 2023 Spring Narcian.

10 hours ago, Florete said:

And @Tybrosion (and whoever else wants to read it I guess), Gee that's gonna be kinda long so I put a TL;DR at the end.

As crazy as it seems it does make sense, and I agree that the "stop pushing her, she's not gonna be popular" mentality might not be true to her as it wasn't to other irrelevant characters. What is happening to Karla now is kinda like what happened Reinhardt, Ishtar, Idunn and Altina, who became massively popular just for being good units in feh, despite being a bunch of nobodies before being purpousefully made popular. I mean:

•   Reinhardt went from place 584 on CYL 1 to 11 on CYL 2 just because he was is a cool and meta unit, while on FE5 he barely has a personality and is basicaly just Olwen's brother (that exists mainly to give Olwen a motive to join you) + a tough boss on a tough chapter in one of the least popular FE games.
  •   Ishtar, while always making it between the 100 best on CYL after year one, has lately been pretty close to 100(AKA there were a lot of "better options" to give attention to, according to CYl votes) and still IS gave her an ascendant last year when at the time that the other characters getting them were either OCs or characters as popular as Florina and Joshua (and Idunn, but I'm getting to her), and then she got a resplandescent as well, and none of these flopped, because they were sure that she was popular enough for it.
  •   Idunn was not a popular character AT ALL too (just this random girl with literally ZERO personality that barely says a word and shows her actual face for less than 2 minutes total on the whole game even tough she's the final boss, is a boss that almost everyone hates and her battle also takes 2 minutes to end, + lots of people probably didn't even know about her existence since in spite of FE6 being japan only, it's REALLY hard to get the true ending that includes her battle if you don't use guides, and even less people know about the secret cutscene that shows her getting her memories back - which is the theme of both her Ascendant and of her Duo- since there's more conditions to getting it, btw that cutscene is hella short and happens during the credits) and she managed to get a Duo AND an Ascendant, just because her OG version was strong and because people thought that she looked cool. She also never made it to the best 100 on CYL except on CYL2, but IS could see her popularity and didn't fail to exploit it.
  •   Altina's only appearence in RD is an image of her that doesn't even show her face, is like that image of the the 12 crusaders on FE4. Basically what they did was to try to see if she'd suceed, just like they did with Ullir, and she did because she had dual brave effect + distant counter, so she became a popular and meta unit and then got two more alts following the same line to stay relevant.
  •  To a lesser extent, Gustav very VERY probably only got actual alts on first place because everyone was crazy about him and Henriette for being hot, he never got high placements on CYL but was still obviously popular, and I bet that his obvious popularity (that doesnt translate to CYL votes) is why Gustav's fallen version was actually released as well, if the fans cared about him as much as they were "supposed" to care then he would just be another irrelevant plot device parent that was only born to die like he was created to be.

In the end IS certainly can tell when a character becomes popular even if they don't seem to be doing specially great on CYL (like, we know that Ishtar and Idunn are hella popular now, you can tell by the amount of recent fanart, or the hype when either gets a new alt/resplandescent/refine/anything new, despite of their not stellar placements), actually they very probably make these characters popular on purpouse, or at the very least are aware of when a character gets some small accidental popularity and then try exploit  it to make them even more popular, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't but they'll try anyway. And as it happened to the characters I said before, the same seems to be happening with Karla now, that's just it, it might work or it might not (althought it seems to be working). I bet that they noticed that her Hatari alt was popular enough to the point where they saw that they could make this popularity be beyond the alt/unit itself, and make it about to Karla as a character too so the next Karla alts will sell more just because it's her. So since the Hatari alt was sucessful enough and the interest on Karla temporarily raised, they decided to put on the easter banner since she already had a "claim" on it for being related to Bartre and Fir and made her be a similar unit to her Hatari alt(to guarantee sucess and try to give Karla somewhat of a "signature" effect so people will want more of her) + a duo + paired her up with Freyja (that is pretty popular by herself too), likely stacking this stuff to be raise the chances of her not flopping since at this point simply being Karla and showing up on a seasonal banner is not enough to sell (just how with Reinhardt they made his second alt be exactly the same as the first one but with a sword since and then his third alt be similar to his OG version as well but now able to dance too (so he'd keep his "signature" and people would keep hoping to see more of him on the future since he'd be guaranteed to have a brave effect), same with Altina that even put her with Edelgard on the last alt to absolutely keep her relevant, or how Ishtar's second alt gave her the same weapon effect as Reinhardt + tried to associate her more with him by flashing their relationship so people would not lose interest on her and then her third alt was another hella powerful one and kept the brave effect to try to make a signature for her as well, or how Idunn's second alt was already an Harmonic with a somewhat popular character and also desperately tried to flash out the only relationship she had that wasn't with Zephiel so people would keep the interest on her and then her third alt was already her Ascendant, they stack stuff to try to guarantee that they won't flop), I bet that that's one of the motives for them to try to flash out her relationship with Karel on this banner (so people won't lose interest) and that next they'll try to flash out her relationship with someon more popular like Fir to try to keep her even more relevant.

TL;DR: Basicaly what I mean is, with examples to prove my point, that Karla's situation is not new and that whether IS's efforts to make her popular fail or not, it won't be neither because she is irrelevant on FE7 or because she doesn't have great placements on CYL, and that IS knows that she became slightly popular just because of a good alt and not because people like her as a character and are now trying to transfer this popularity to Karla as a character by trying to create as much interest on her as possible by stacking a bunch of stuff that should make her more popular (giving her more good alts which includes making her a Duo with a popular character, giving her "signature" effects (in this case, making her new alt similar to her Hatari version) so we'll hope to see more of her and will receive this alt well as we received the other, flashing out her relationships so we won't lose interest in her and will want to see more of it, in this case it's her relationship with Karel) as they managed to do with others (examples used were Reinhardt, Ishtar, Idunn and Altina, that were all unknown/not popular and/or had no personality, etc... But all became really popular because IS launched them as good units, saw that they became a little popular and then purpousefully stacked a bunch of stuff that should keep/raise these characters popularity on their next alts).

Now in regards to FE7 not having another lady heavily targetet to market, I never thought about it but I didn't think that Lyn, Florina and Nino were less than enough I guess, since most of the pre Awakening FEs don't have much more than 3 very popular and marketable womanf (FE1 has the white wings, Caeda and Minerva; SoV has Celica and Sonia, and they try to force Delthea in, also Mae is popular outside of feh but seems to be ignored by this game for some reason;  FE4/5 has Ishtar, Julia and maybe Ayra, Deirdre or Nana, they've been trying to force Sarah but I'm not sure if it's working at all; FE6 had Lilina, Sophia, Igrene because of FEH and maybe Cecilia and Fae, FE7 has Lyn, Florina, Nino and now Leila because of feh and somewhat Ursula and Sonia, FE8 has Eirika, maybe L'Arachel and Tana and IS seems to try to force Selena like Ishtar even though I'm not it worked too (I really think that they could get something with Ismaire but Oh Well wasted opportunity) and Marisa is popular outside of FEH but for some reason IS ignores her like the plague, FE9 and 10 are the ones that have way more with Titania, Mia, Lucia, Elincia, Micaiah, now Altina, maybe Ilyana, Mist and Nephenee or Sanaki, etc... But in general everything before PoR didn't have much more than 3 marketable ladies (I'm not talking just popular characters on their games otherwise the likes of Marisa, Guinivere and Miledy would count, just the ones that are marketable today and FEH uses the opportunity)). Gee... Now I really want Ismaire on the game (And Eliwood's mom tbut that'l never happen)...

Edited by ARMADS!!!

22 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Stats [SPOILERS]:

Reveal hidden contents

srrbsesnl0ma1.png

Karla & Freyja
Super Asset(s): Atk, Spd, Def

Triandra

Bernadetta
Super Flaw(s): HP, Def, Res
*Escape Route 4 has no weapon type or movement type restrictions.

Ashe
Super Asset(s): Atk
Super Flaw(s): HP, Res
*Atk/Spd Catch 3 unlocks at 4*.

Michalis
Super Asset(s): none
Super Flaw(s): Res
*Both Iote's Shield and Atk/Spd Snag 3 are available at 4*.

Just lmao at this Spd powercreep. The girls apparently all have 90% Spd growths and thus can get +2 Spd on a level up.

As for Michalis, his stat line would be funny if it wasn't so predictable. They really did just give us a 2023 Spring Narcian.

Looks like these are the first 47s in non-HP stats.

16 minutes ago, Othin said:

Hide contents

Looks like these are the first 47s in non-HP stats.

Spoiler

Really? The first ones ever?? I could swear that someone had a base stat of 47 on atk or def before (but maybe I'm misremembering it and it was an unit that had more than it on def accounting for skills and weapon bonus or whatever).

Edited by ARMADS!!!