Special Heroes: Merchant's Harvest

Fire Emblem Fan

These Harmonics are getting lazier and lazier. Wasn't a fan of Tiki+Tiki, not a fan of Anna+Anna.

Also, demote Seadall is pretty nice. Good to have a dancer for Engage, and one that is pretty reasonable to summon. (Well, comparatively more reasonable, I guess.) Timerra follows Ivy in getting a seasonal before a base form, which I guess makes sense. Elusia and Solm are probably not getting in too soon. Although I wish they'd have made Timerra something besides a lance. Won't her base form be a lance?

Flayn brings a new staff trace skill ......... I really hope they make some of these tier-4 dazzling/wrathful variations that are designed for the slower staff units too.

Wow, Dragonween died just so we could get the lamest Harmonized Hero yet. I at least like Tiki but that definitely isn't the case with Anna.

And while it's at least a character who didn't have any alts yet, still screw off all the same with your Fodlan boner IS. This game won't implode on itself if you go even one month without any Fodlan content, you know.

Fun lineup. Arguably four new characters, although one is an Anna and the other three all seem like they can't be too far off from getting regular versions... well, whatever. Bonus Doubler 4 looks quite strong.

Engage Anna is dressed as Awakening Anna, and Awakening Anna is dressed as Engage Anna. Those are their halloween costumes, and that's adorable.

Anyway, since I am focused in saving for Plumeria in November, I will be skipping this banner. But I will summon the greens and reds on the free summon circle.

I wished we got Seteth as the TT unit instead of Kellam.

3 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

These Harmonics are getting lazier and lazier. Wasn't a fan of Tiki+Tiki, not a fan of Anna+Anna.

Also, demote Seadall is pretty nice. Good to have a dancer for Engage, and one that is pretty reasonable to summon. (Well, comparatively more reasonable, I guess.) Timerra follows Ivy in getting a seasonal before a base form, which I guess makes sense. Elusia and Solm are probably not getting in too soon. Although I wish they'd have made Timerra something besides a lance. Won't her base form be a lance?

Flayn brings a new staff trace skill ......... I really hope they make some of these tier-4 dazzling/wrathful variations that are designed for the slower staff units too.

tbf Tiki and Anna are the only two it makes sense given they are known to be in multiple timelines tbh. Technically I guess they could do Three hopes/Houses or Path and Raident dawn but I highly doubt they going to do that and they are only doing it because its Anna and Tiki.

Middling banner for me, would have to be an end-of-the-month thing as I'm currently in the mud trying for Legendary Elincia. Then it competes against whatever the New Heroes banner is.

The way I'm seeing it now means that I'd have to buy FEH Pass on Thursday to even be able to consider this banner, actually. That would have me spark the 1K banner immediately, spark the Legendary banner (some orb farming required), then have this Halloween banner up my sleeve against not just New Heroes, but the Mythic and possibly the next seasonal banner too.

As for the units:

- Timerra. Looks awful, but presumably the best godlance in the game. Not the kind of unit I use for general content really so I'm okay giving her a miss.

- Flayn. Looks alright, which is plenty good enough given her in-demand class.

- Seadall. Looks good, best art on the banner. Not someone I'd build up though since there's zero compelling reason to invest in an infantry dancer with zero distinguishing characteristics, seems he's geared towards providing bridge fodder which is unfortunate for him.

- Annanna. Looks just about okay, but of course the selling point here is being Harmonic, as well as as excellent mobility, which is right up my alley.

I like the art all around this time, and I may go for Flayn depending on what game the next New Heroes banner features and how well I do on the Legendary Elincia banner. I may also go for the Annas, since I really like them and I always thought it would fun to have an Anna+Anna Harmonic.

While I’m pleased that the focus shifted away from dragons, given the merchant banner name, this would have been a perfect opportunity to introduce Nasir.

I’m also pretty excited to see Kellam finally appear in Heroes, and as a Tempest Trial unit, although this means he almost certainly won’t be on the next Awakening New Heroes banner.

Edited by Magenta Fantasies

15 minutes ago, Magenta Fantasies said:

I’m also pretty excited to see Kellam finally appear in Heroes, and as a Tempest Trial unit, although this means he almost certainly won’t be on the next Awakening New Heroes banner.

That was kind of a foregone conclusion even before this banner. There are only eight (CYL) Awakening characters left. And conveniently four of them are second gen children. So a Severe, Ingo, Laurant and Noire banner was always going to be more likely than a Kellam, Vaike, Excellus and Validar banner.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

That was kind of a foregone conclusion even before this banner. There are only eight (CYL) Awakening characters left. And conveniently four of them are second gen children. So a Severe, Ingo, Laurant and Noire banner was always going to be more likely than a Kellam, Vaike, Excellus and Validar banner.

That sounds like a very odd way to split it. More likely, the next one will have Severa, Inigo, Vaike, and Validar GHB, while the final one will have Laurent, Noire, Kellam, and Excellus GHB.

17 minutes ago, Othin said:

That sounds like a very odd way to split it. More likely, the next one will have Severa, Inigo, Vaike, and Validar GHB, while the final one will have Laurent, Noire, Kellam, and Excellus GHB.

Well that was sort of my point. They absolutely wouldn't do a Vaike, Kellam, Excellus, Validar banner. I guess they could split the generations, but I think they've been pretty dedicated to keeping the generations as seperate banners so far, which is why I expect the next banner would knock off all the children and Kellam and Vaike will be left in limbo, probably to eventually get in a banner with some alts or Trickster Anna (we have Awakneing Merchant Anna using Trickster Anna's end card title right now).

I'm glad this banner doesn't have stupidly broken stuff like Wind Claude on it.

Harmonized Anna seems fun, though.

And it looks like Brave Marth's refine effect has now been made into Bonus Doubler 4.

Seadall's weapon is also an inheritable weapon with Bonus Doubler 4 on it. I'm glad that inheritable weapons are getting stronger. It's probably because of the existence of Arcane weapons since there's otherwise no reason not to use an Arcane weapon if you have access to one.

Anyways, here's the usual translation notes:

The name of the banner, "Merchant's Harvest", is "商売人の収穫祭" (shōbai-nin no shūkakusai), either "Merchants' Harvest Festival" or "Merchant's Harvest Festival".

Timerra's epithet, "Trick or Meat", is "お菓子よりお肉" (okashi yori oniku), "Meat Instead of Candy".

Inspirited Spear is "舞い踊る満月の宝槍" (mai-odoru mangetsu no hōsō), "Treasure Lance of the Dancing Full Moon".

Bonus Doubler is "強化増幅" (kyōka zōfuku), "Bonus Amplification". "強化" (kyōka), "strengthening", is the term used for stat bonuses.

Flayn's epithet, "Silly Kitty-Cat", is "おとぼけ猫仮装" (otoboke neko kasō), "Feigning Ignorance in a Cat Costume".

Kitty-Cat Parasol is "妖猫の日傘" (yōbyō no higasa), "Demon Cat's Parasol". "妖猫" is a novel compound and is probably read "yōbyō", though I've also seen "ayashineko". It presumably refers to supernatural cats, similarly to Japan's kaibyō.

Dazzle Far Trace is "幻惑・遠影" (genwaku: en'ei), "Dazzlement: Far Trace". "幻惑" (genwaku) refers to Dazzling Staff, which is "幻惑の杖" (genwaku no tsue), "Staff of Dazzlement". As usual, "影" (ei), "trace", refers to a trace as in something that is left behind when the source is no longer there, as the word more typically means "shadow" or "image".

Seadall's epithet, "Misfortune-Teller", is "悪戯な占い師" (itazura na uranaishi), "Mischievous Fortune Teller".

Pumpkin Stem is "カボチャステッキ" (kabocha sutekki), "Pumpkin Cane". While "ステッキ" (sutekki) is derived from English "stick", it normally refers to a walking stick or cane.

Anna's epithet, "Twice the Anna", is "アンナとアンナ" (anna to anna), "Anna and Anna".

Payday Pouch is "一攫千金の巨大袋" (ikkaku senkin no kyodai fukuro), "Huge Bag of Windfalls". "一攫千金" (ikkaku senkin) is an idiom that means "to make a fortune all at once" and translates literally as "a thousand gold in a single stroke".

A/S Rein Snap is "攻速牽制・運び手" (kōsoku kensei: hakobi te), "A/S Restraint: Carrier". As usual, "攻速牽制" (kōsoku kensei), "A/S Restraint", is an abbreviation of "攻撃速さの牽制" (kōgeki hayasa no kensei), "Atk/Spd Restraint", which is the name of the Atk/Spd Rein skill.

Kellam's epithet, "Pumpkin Knight", is "かぼちゃ重騎士" (kabocha jūkishi), "Pumpkin Armor Knight". "重騎士" (jūkishi), literally "heavy knight", is the name of the Armor Knight class, usually localized as "Knight".

Farmer's Tool is "農具" (nōgu), "Farming Implement".

Peony's epithet, "Cherished Dream", is "親愛の夢" (shin'ai no yume), "Dream of Deep Affection".

Flower of Caring is "親愛の花" (shin'ai no hana), "Flower of Deep Affection".

The Japanese game is amusingly indecisive with their spelling of kabocha, "pumpkin", which can be seen with Pumpkin Stem's kabocha written in katakana (same as the Hack-o'-Lantern weapon), but Pumpkin Knight's kabocha written in hiragana (same as the Pumpkin Lanterns Aether Resort decoration). Both are standard spellings and there is no functional difference between the two, but it's always amusing to see this happen (especially with instances this close to each other), even when it's pretty commonplace due to the number of words in Japanese that have multiple standard spellings.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Well, I was right about the princess whose name I apparently can't spell but know how to pronounce. Was surprised to see Seadall! I'll see about pulling for him. (Poor guy's self-control is going to be hammered at this festival with all the fest food...) Flayn just saying "meow" so normally and unenthusiastically was hilarious. XD That said, she feels kind of weird here. Oh well. I guess Sakura finally has a kitty buddy (since Halloween Fallen F!Robin was supposed to be a werewolf.) Have to say, I didn't think that was Kellam. Thought that was Louis. Well, happy to have either one in Heroes. Though I'm glad that tiny Anna finally found a family member (and will get to interact with all the other Annas in Askr) I'm not a fAnna. So, other than that sentiment, I'm fairly meh about it.

So, pulling red and hoping for Seadall, getting my freebie, and being done. A good thing, too, since my orbs aren't very well-stocked right now and this time of year is always demanding on my orb stock.

15 hours ago, Jotari said:

Well that was sort of my point. They absolutely wouldn't do a Vaike, Kellam, Excellus, Validar banner. I guess they could split the generations, but I think they've been pretty dedicated to keeping the generations as seperate banners so far, which is why I expect the next banner would knock off all the children and Kellam and Vaike will be left in limbo, probably to eventually get in a banner with some alts or Trickster Anna (we have Awakneing Merchant Anna using Trickster Anna's end card title right now).

Awakening banners have so far focused on single generations, but that doesn't mean they'd force it that hard, especially when Fates has been plenty willing to mix them.

We can safely assume that the next Awakening banner will have Validar as the GHB, alongside three of the remaining playable characters. Maybe all three of them will be kids - if so, they'll probably hold back Noire so she can help sell the final banner.

Stats [SPOILERS]:

Spoiler

merchants-harvest-lvl-1-and-40-stats-v0-

Lady Anna & Anna
Super Asset(s): Atk, Spd
Super Flaw(s): HP, Def, Res

Flayn
Super Asset(s): Res
Super Flaw(s): HP, Spd
*Dazzling Far Trace can only be inherited by Staff Cavs or Staff Fliers.

Timerra
Super Asset(s): Def
Super Flaw(s): HP, Spd

Seadall
Super Asset(s): Res
Super Flaw(s): HP
*Atk/Res Finish 3 is the 4-star unlock.

Kellam
Super Asset(s): HP, Spd, Res
Super Flaw(s): none
*Atk/Def Ideal 3 is the 4-star unlock.
**Kellam was recast in the English dub. It's to my understanding that his original ENG voice actor (Orion Acaba, who also voiced Gerome) was involved in controversies of some sort.

On 10/2/2023 at 11:58 AM, Ice Dragon said:

Farmer's Tool is "農具" (nōgu), "Farming Implement".

Added Kellam's weapon to the translation notes.

It's the same as Seadall's, but granting stat bonuses in Atk/Def instead of Atk/Res.

I laughed when I saw Kellam's garish outfit, and I can't decide if it's trying to draw attention or trying to camouflage. But probably both.

On 10/2/2023 at 11:58 AM, Ice Dragon said:

Peony's epithet, "Cherished Dream", is "親愛の夢" (shin'ai no yume), "Dream of Deep Affection".

Flower of Caring is "親愛の花" (shin'ai no hana), "Flower of Deep Affection".

Added translation notes for Tempest Trials boss Peony's epithet and weapon.

Well, I can say with certainty that the Paralogue for this group is one of my least favorites in the entirety of Feh. It's so boring and so much of nothing is happening. There's more or less no interesting dialogue from anyone, or hardly any at all period, and the main plot is just another "Anna tries to make money" thing. This was lame.

15 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Well, I can say with certainty that the Paralogue for this group is one of my least favorites in the entirety of Feh. It's so boring and so much of nothing is happening. There's more or less no interesting dialogue from anyone, or hardly any at all period, and the main plot is just another "Anna tries to make money" thing. This was lame.

And yet, Anna (mostly her Awakening version) remains a popular character because potatoes.

Reminder that this is also the second appearance for Awakening Anna this year. Bride Anna happened in May and she was just as uninteresting there.

Edited by Tybrosion

I can't tell which Anna was in the right. It just feels like all of them are slimy. "Even though you worked hard, I'm taking all your cash" is ugh, but it's true that they didn't file for a permit, so it feels like she's letting them off easy and the gold is going to a good cause that will ultimately benefit them anyway? How did we get from "friendly tutorial lady" to this? (Though I am aware that the first incarnation of Anna was the secret shop clerk.) Man, PoR Anna would shock all these other ones.