I dont care if everyone loves you or thinks you rock, I hate you and dont intend on ever using you!

Darros

I for one have never used laguz units besides the occasional royal. Not even Reyson/leanna/rafiel, since I also dislike dancers very much. The only ones I used (in the games I played) are ninian/nils and sylvia/leen/laylea and that's because FE7 dancers are forced into endgame and you'll have to use them if you don't want them to die and FE4 ones because they don't waste unit slots. I don't care how high they are in the ranks, their only purpose is dancing, most of them have crappy mov(and there are other good options for boots), and they have a habit of getting one-shotted by just about everything.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Volug only needs two points. That puts him on 30AS, which is good enough for Part 4. And as a level 21 laguz, he'll gain a lot of EXP in Part 4 as well.

Yeah, 30 AS doubles like 60% of 4-3 and 32 AS just lets Volug get the higher end enemies that he would just miss. He also doesn't need any spd procs to double 60% of 4-P and 1 spd proc (28 AS) lets him double everything there.

I think the main problem is that most people don't use him enough to get that crucial S strike by part 3 and SS strike in part 4.

I don't care how high they are in the ranks, their only purpose is dancing, most of them have crappy mov(and there are other good options for boots), and they have a habit of getting one-shotted by just about everything.

You know, there are so many ways around their shortcomings. You can pick them up and drop them with mounted units after they've danced someone. You can keep them out of siege tome range or Barrier them or just rescue them. Quite frankly, they shouldn't be touched by any other enemy, ever.

I don't get it when people complain about things that can be easily worked around with a bit of thinking. FE is a strategy game, albeit one that is easy enough that anyone can blindly bum their way through.

Edited by dondon151

I really don't like Mia. For me Zihark always outclasses her, but then again, I'm not giving the DB any exp so Zihark's always pretty overleveled.

Mist in my opinion just sucks, but I've never saw much need for staff healing before Elincia takes over anyway.

The other guys I also minimize using. Only Shinon because for some reason he can dodge and kill, unlike the FE7 archers.

All in all FE10's generous helping of Laguz Royals + ike and haar pretty much means you won't need to raise most of the characters unless you're doing ranked, and I don't have the patience for that.

With regard to staff healing, I personally consider it an asset when healing items are about as expensive as weapons are.

As for FE7's archers... I've heard that Rebecca's the best of them, but that's not saying a whole lot.

As for the laguz royals... I don't take them to endgame, ever. Partly because I don't really like laguz, and partly because the 1-range lock is just a hindrance. Haar's pretty awesome, sure, but he falters in Endgame, and I couldn't care less about having someone to use Urvan come endgame (or the Vague Katti, for that matter).

As for the laguz royals... I don't take them to endgame, ever.

Same here. They are too overpowered and i find them uninteresting in that regard. I like using guys i trained.

Out of the DBs, the only ones that usually make it to endgame are Fiona and/or Nolan. (and sometimes Volug)

GMs, its usually Soren, Shinon or Rolf, and Mist.

Everyone else is a hodge podge between CRK or the Apostle folks.

Hmm... A lot of Paladins.

Kieran springs to mind immediately.

That just made me die inside... In playing FE, I always bring the comical-relief characters to bring me out of my sheer boredom... then again I don't play for efficiency or whatsoever... cause I play for FUN!

Plus, me not bringing any comic relief characters will result me to feel bland cause I cannot tease those characters in a hilarious fashion.... while playing of course!

Most of the Est archetype. I don't care if you come with great stat growths, you're always OHKO if I try to train you. And I have personal problems with Est herself.

I don't really like using footaxes (barring Othin, Halvan, and Hector from this).

The Pegasus sisters in FE6 and FE7 (although I'll use Florina sometimes). I like Tana and Syrene from FE8, though.

Most armor knights... Oswin, Gilliam, etc. Amelia. I have personal problems with her as well.

Lowen. I already have Kent/Sain trained up. Sorry, dude. Canas for almost the same reason (although he's boss). Mentioning Nino again.

That just made me die inside... In playing FE, I always bring the comical-relief characters to bring me out of my sheer boredom... then again I don't play for efficiency or whatsoever... cause I play for FUN!

Plus, me not bringing any comic relief characters will result me to feel bland cause I cannot tease those characters in a hilarious fashion.... while playing of course!

Why bother when comic relief, when you can make up your own?

(by that, I mean play the game with the most boring characters and make up personalities)

That's because I play and poke fun at the funny characters to make it more POTENT....

I know I'll make personalities on boring bland ones, but it makes me... yawn... *drools sleeping*

Edited by Frostbite

Most of the Est archetype. I don't care if you come with great stat growths, you're always OHKO if I try to train you. And I have personal problems with Est herself.

I don't really like using footaxes (barring Othin, Halvan, and Hector from this).

The Pegasus sisters in FE6 and FE7 (although I'll use Florina sometimes). I like Tana and Syrene from FE8, though.

Most armor knights... Oswin, Gilliam, etc. Amelia. I have personal problems with her as well.

Lowen. I already have Kent/Sain trained up. Sorry, dude. Canas for almost the same reason (although he's boss). Mentioning Nino again.

As far as Ests are concerned, L'Arachel is the only Est I consistently use (if she even counts as one, that is).

I'm not fond of most footaxes either, to be honest.

That's because I play and poke fun at the funny characters to make it more POTENT....

I know I'll make personalities on boring bland ones, but it makes me... yawn... *drools sleeping*

Open your creativity! Let your imagination do the work!

(by that, I mean get your rear down to the Shadow Dragon forums, and read my stupid logs, to see what happens when I have a bunch of characters with very little personality. . .)

The only unit I really hate using that everyone else raves as a god is Merric.

I find a Caeda class swapped to a mage works MUCH better

And as a general rule, I don't use many Cavalier units, as I find them a bit boring. Unless their name is Kieran.

Edited by Mary Sue

The only unit I really hate using that everyone else raves as a god is Merric.

I find a Caeda class swapped to a mage works MUCH better

Shiida may have amazing personal Speed/Luck bases/growths, but her personal Magic base is negative, it also grows slower than Merric's and she also has a much lower HP growth. And you can't use Excalibur at all and need to wait until B Rank in Tomes to use Aura (which is not as amazing as Excalibur). Plus as a Mage, Shiida loses the two things that made her so epic in the original class: flight and forgeable Wing Spear. In my opinion, the mere fact Shiida is not a Pegasus Knight in your cases means things are not working better, regardless of your Merric usage. =O

Edited by Axie

Do you not forge the wing spear when you don't reclass? Do you use warp (extensively)?

Hmm? I think I might be misunderstanding you, but...I don't use the warp staff, if that's what you're asking. FE11 is my least played FE game (at least out fo the ones I've actually played), so I'm not aware of a lot of the tricks in the game.

And no, I don't use the Wing Spear. It honestly never really occurred to me to even bother with it as I class swapped Caeda on my first play through, and have done it on every play through after it.

@Axie I find her nonexistant personal mage growth to be no big deal, as pretty much every enemy unit has 0 res anyway..... But I'd prefer not to make this a Caeda VS Merric debate :<

Edited by Mary Sue

She's faster, more accurate (but Merric's plenty accurate, anyways) and luckier, I guess, but Merric has Exaclibur, more MAG (more than doubles her base MT) 4 more HP at base, 30% more growth, 10% more DEF growth, and 20% more RES. Sheeda may be better on some player phases (and only some) but Merric will be much better on enemy phase. Not to mention her Wing Spear is amazing, and it's a real waste not to use it.

Alright, arguments FOR the Wing Spear:

Have you noticed the extra damage Marth does to horses and armor units when he attacks with the Rapier? No? YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO DO! Ahem. . .

Take the extra damage Marth does, turn it into a lance instead of a sword (so the weapon triangle doesn't suck so much), and make it fly. That is Caeda the Pegasus Knight with the Wing Spear.

I can see this turning into a Caeda class debate with a hint of PEMN flaming.

And Win Spear has more Might than an Iron, making it even more amazing.

Alright, arguments FOR the Wing Spear:

Have you noticed the extra damage Marth does to horses and armor units when he attacks with the Rapier? No? YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO DO! Ahem. . .

Take the extra damage Marth does, turn it into a lance instead of a sword (so the weapon triangle doesn't suck so much), and make it fly. That is Caeda the Pegasus Knight with the Wing Spear.

It's also stronger. 8 mt against 5.