Fire Emblem: Dream of Five

AstraLunaSol

No, I - what the fuck are you even talking about now?

You are taking this faaaaaaaaaar too seriously, and people would complain just as hard if there were no shops in the area.

So yeah, I will continue to stand behind what I see as things that make perfectly valid sense. Hey, you want to change it? Make a new map.

@the above: Yeah, this was farcical from the start.

Edited by Furetchen

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Seriously, people, calm down. It's not like there aren't several other examples of out of perspective maps in FE. (In the case of the second link, it's Merlinus's Tent.)

It's one tile, in ONE SCREENSHOT. Most of you (including myself) know nothing about the specific plot for that chapter or anything like that. They've already said that it's there for a reason. Going off of the example of the second link, how do we know that it isn't just a supply tent, a la Merlinus? We don't. So, deal with it for now, and when the demo comes out, if the text doesn't offer a good enough reason for it being there, then suggest a better alternative for it once you have the full picture.

Edited by Lord Glenn

2461b121796859fdbec09076cfa40014.png

Guys! Guys~

It's a shoppe a-la-carte~ I even included wheels! Tiny wheels, but wheels~

A shopping kiosk with a high CONVENIENCE stat is just what we need~

Isn't it cute~

Edited by Luminescent Kitty

I go on vacation and I miss THIS? Jesus guys, it's one tile, performing a practice that GBAFE does, and the creators say there's a reason. If you hate it so much, go fire off some e-mails to Intelligent Systems first.

And before you start attacking 'Retchen for being dismissive and destructive, Kitty of Time, let's actually play the hack. If it still doesn't make sense, the outcry lasts, and they refuse to change it, then we'll start saying that their dismissal of fan criticism is bringing down the hack (and heck, I'll join you). Until then, these guys have my confidence. Really, this shitstorm is so ridiculous and NEEDS TO END.

Edited by Rodimus Supreme OVERTROLL

...Seriously, people, calm down. It's not like there aren't several other examples of out of perspective maps in FE. (In the case of the second link, it's Merlinus's Tent.)

Given how often people use "IS did this, so what is the problem" as a defense of face sprites, maps, chapter gameplay idea, etc and are then told off for accepting IS's work as perfect when it's often (very often) not, this seems hypocritical.

Going off of the example of the second link, how do we know that it isn't just a supply tent, a la Merlinus?

This sounds like not just a much better idea, but an amazing idea? Add in a tent unit that's just holding all the items you need (unless you need to buy more than 5, and why would a situation where you are required to buy more than 5 items exist), give it no death quote, maybe create a generic portrait styled tent drawing for the portrait.

Can tents trade? Last time I used the merchant character for shopping purposes, won't let me trade or send it to convoy. I had to restart chapter. It was quite sad.

But it would be cool if tents can be edited to trade. I dunno. I've never hacked FE7 so I'll leave it to you more experienced guys.

Or something. I dunno.

Can tents trade? Last time I used the merchant character for shopping purposes, won't let me trade or send it to convoy. I had to restart chapter. It was quite sad.

But it would be cool if tents can be edited to trade. I dunno. I've never hacked FE7 so I'll leave it to you more experienced guys.

Or something. I dunno.

They can in 6 I think. And then I know you can use list between chapters and take their items.

According superprivatehackchat, only in 6.

7 is like, hardcoded not to. Either the class or the Merlinus character. Dunno yet.

Bottom line is, my shoppe a-la-carte is adorable and it wants you to accept it. so give it a hug and make up.

I was thinking you could make a new class for it and just give it the tent map sprite. I don't know what that would entail to make it functionally pretty (making it not selectable would probably be desired), but at least it wouldn't interfere with any actual merchants if you wanted one.

Well, looks like it's time to run some tests on Merlinus. Make Merlinus a non-Tent/Transporter class and make non-Merlinus a Tent/Transporter. Which unit can you trade with? You have your answer as to how trading is locked :).

An alternative to Yeti's "add a tent unit for tradsies, get 5 items, then make it GO AWAY" idea, you could sprite a small tent tile, replace the shop on the Castle tileset in GBAGE (takes all of about 10 seconds), and just call it done. I know you guys said that you considered it, but maybe it's time to reconsider (and with a tent tile, you could do this in other castle chapters without MASS OUTCRY RAEG).

michaeljacksonpopcorn73.gif

This whole thread is just^

Seriously. All this over one tile, when GBA FE does shit like this all the time. Oh mang xD

I know right...

Wait, I thought Ch3 already had 2 bosses (Or am I remembering wrong?).

Yay, better map design.

It did. I think he was showing off the map more than anything.

I don't know if Crowe was relocated or promoted to boss. Still a terrible staff member :D

The pattern of alternating colored tiles was broken by the tile right above the south-western most tile. >_____> You said every single little detail :P I'm just teasing don't kill me I could hardly care less about the tile

Oh and dunno why but something about those 3 standing up top there feels awesome.