The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

4 minutes ago, Caster said:

Thought there was something between Sony and Atlus on Persona, I could be wrong. I would assume there at least might be, even if it isn't stated, since every mainline Persona game has always been on a Sony system, while spinoffs have had free reign. I'm fine with being proven wrong, just thought that was the case.

I think it comes down to Atlus just prefering that mainline Persona be Sony exclusive. Especially since SMT do show up on Nintendo from time to time, with SMT5 being a Switch exclusive except right now it's a void exclusive because where is it?

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, enough Trails talk xD

I want more FE16, and still 9 days to go unitl DLC....

Also, for some reason, the more i think about it...

Spoiler

The less i like Edelgard, and somehow like Rhea more...

I think Edel's ''You're an Outsider'' Line to Claude really got to me, because i am still pissed off by it.

39 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Especially since SMT do show up on Nintendo from time to time, with SMT5 being a Switch exclusive except right now it's a void exclusive because where is it

They did tweet at the very end of last year that people should anticipate SMT5 news next year. So, there is hope that this will finally be it. It will have been exactly four years since IV: Apocalypse released just a few days from now. Assuming dev began shortly after Apo or even beforehand, ~four years should be plenty of time to make a good game.

16 minutes ago, Caster said:

@Interdimensional Observer I know you haven't played it, but do you know if there is a translation for Berwick Saga? I might pick it up once classes calm down a bit and I can focus a bit more on games, not sure, though.

There is. 

It's almost finished, only Chapter 15- the final battle- and the very long ending is left. A few more months should correct this.

Be aware that Berwick is quite different in many ways. The typical "round of combat" doesn't exist for example. Instead, it goes like this:

• Attacking Unit- *attacks*
    • IF attack hits, round of combat ends.
    • IF attack misses and the Defending Unit can counterattack at this range, Defending Unit- *counterattacks*.
      • IF Defending Unit's attack hits, round of combat ends.
      • IF Defending Unit misses, Attacking Unit can *attack* again.
        • Regardless of whether the Attacking Unit hit or missed on their second attack, the round of combat ends.

Skills and various weapons will mess with this of course. But you shouldn't expect, I would think, to ORKO very many enemies, b/c that would require an OHKO. You should also expect lower accuracy b/c of this system I think. If every hit was super-accurate, then enemies would never get a chance to counter you.

Other deviations from standard FE for good or bad:

Spoiler
  • Your units move in hexes, not squares.
  • Cavs can dismount and horses have limited HP. You can buy new ones, or swap Christine to an injured horse and she'll replenish some of its HP after every chapter official ends. Or, you can buy food at the Pavilion that heals a horse, provided their owner is at the restaurant.
  • Yes, long before Fates started cooking, you can buy stat-boosting meals from a randomized menu for randomized characters in Berwick. Everyone has preferences, and food boosts Happiness, the hidden(?) value most people will need raised for permanent recruitment.
  • Durability as in transparent numbers no longer exists for most weapons. But basically, nothing except S and A weapons should last more than 40 uses, or Shields more than 20. I forget the exact numbers I determined. Any weapon whose durability color is green or worse has a 1-4% chance of randomly breaking at any time.
  • Shields are equippable here and give a chance of reducing incoming damage by their Def value. Chance is their Accuracy value * 10 + your Shield Skill stat.
  • Every Chapter 1-10 has two optional side-battles after the main story battle is over.
  • Most characters are mercenaries you have to pay for, and who must be permanently recruited via various means to join you during the final three chapters.
  • Skill and Weapon Rank are one stat in this game. You can level up in it, you can grow it via using that weapon type a lot.
  • Very deflated growths, with caps and minimums on how far they, outside of Weapon Skill, can deviate from averages.
  • Capturing from Thracia is back to a limited extent, it requires luck to pull off. This is true even with the strategy of inflicting Injury on an enemy, and then reducing their HP as much as as possible in a single hit without killing them. That will maximize your chances your inflicting Cripple- the status condition necessary to Capture an enemy.
  • Do you love collecting furniture that gives the main character minor combat boosts? Well then, I pray you have over 300000 Gold to buy it all!

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wait, mounts with separate HP? Hahahaha, that's something I planned to do in a shelved RP project of mine.

Yep. Not sure exactly how it works, but I think horses only lose HP while you're mounted, so dismounting is recommended when you don't need the extra mobility/Lance access (but Spears- aka most of the pointy sticks b/c Lances in BS are only for jousting into enemies- can be used on foot or in the saddle).

One character even gets a personal horse, and it isn't the lord. It's a Thief from the plains who does, a very pretty girl who uses only daggers. A novel idea FE proper hasn't ever done actually.

Interesting. I saw from the "buy new ones" comment that they do, well, die when their HP runs out. My idea was more of them just becoming incapacitated for the rest of a map.

---

Alright, I'm off Aliahan! Into the wide world over!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

There is. 

It's almost finished, only Chapter 15- the final battle- and the very long ending is left. A few more months should correct this.

Be aware that Berwick is quite different in many ways. The typical "round of combat" doesn't exist for example. Instead, it goes like this:

• Attacking Unit- *attacks*
    • IF attack hits, round of combat ends.
    • IF attack misses and the Defending Unit can counterattack at this range, Defending Unit- *counterattacks*.
      • IF Defending Unit's attack hits, round of combat ends.
      • IF Defending Unit misses, Attacking Unit can *attack* again.
        • Regardless of whether the Attacking Unit hit or missed on their second attack, the round of combat ends.

Skills and various weapons will mess with this of course. But you shouldn't expect, I would think, to ORKO very many enemies, b/c that would require an OHKO. You should also expect lower accuracy b/c of this system I think. If every hit was super-accurate, then enemies would never get a chance to counter you.

Other deviations from standard FE for good or bad:

Reveal hidden contents
  • Your units move in hexes, not squares.
  • Cavs can dismount and horses have limited HP. You can buy new ones, or swap Christine to an injured horse and she'll replenish some of its HP after every chapter official ends. Or, you can buy food at the Pavilion that heals a horse, provided their owner is at the restaurant.
  • Yes, long before Fates started cooking, you can buy stat-boosting meals from a randomized menu for randomized characters in Berwick. Everyone has preferences, and food boosts Happiness, the hidden(?) value most people will need raised for permanent recruitment.
  • Durability as in transparent numbers no longer exists for most weapons. But basically, nothing except S and A weapons should last more than 40 uses, or Shields more than 20. I forget the exact numbers I determined. Any weapon whose durability color is green or worse has a 1-4% chance of randomly breaking at any time.
  • Shields are equippable here and give a chance of reducing incoming damage by their Def value. Chance is their Accuracy value * 10 + your Shield Skill stat.
  • Every Chapter 1-10 has two optional side-battles after the main story battle is over.
  • Most characters are mercenaries you have to pay for, and who must be permanently recruited via various means to join you during the final three chapters.
  • Skill and Weapon Rank are one stat in this game. You can level up in it, you can grow it via using that weapon type a lot.
  • Very deflated growths, with caps and minimums on how far they, outside of Weapon Skill, can deviate from averages.
  • Capturing from Thracia is back to a limited extent, it requires luck to pull off. This is true even with the strategy of inflicting Injury on an enemy, and then reducing their HP as much as as possible in a single hit without killing them. That will maximize your chances your inflicting Cripple- the status condition necessary to Capture an enemy.
  • Do you love collecting furniture that gives the main character minor combat boosts? Well then, I pray you have over 300000 Gold to buy it all!

Alright, thank ya. I appreciate it.
I knew about hexagon emblem, didn't know too much about other stuff. I'll check it out when I eventually have time.

13 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Hope everything goes well for you from here!

11 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Get well soon! Hopefully you can get an appointment fast and not have to wait for weeks or Months.

Thanks!

I will get an appointment in mid of march which is not too bad.

Still I am not in my best shape mentally and physically, and honestly I'm scared of the results of the appointment 

Written sick till the rest of the week...

Atelier Escha & Logy continues to be a vast improvement over Atelier Ayesha. Alchemy makes sense (or at least i have a way better understanding of it than i did in Ayesha), no complicated weapon systems and best of all, party member reserves. No longer do you have to go to specific areas to recruit someone. In Rorona and Meruru, this didn't matter as everyone was in the same town but in Totori and Ayesha, everyone was in different towns so if you wanted to recruit someone, it meant wasting days. Escha & Logy finally said "what if we just had everyone who joins as a reserve so you can switch at any time". Lulua and Ryza did this as well but i assumed that it was because they were newer entries. It seems that, in Atelier's case, having party member reserves started with Escha & Logy.

@DragonFlames does Atelier Sophie also have party member reserves?

7 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

Still I am not in my best shape mentally and physically, and honestly I'm scared of the results of the appointment 

as someone who was in a similiar situation for a few years, and is feeling the after effects of the illness...

Don't give up! Don't be scared of the results! Knowing something and trying to solve it is better than ignorance in this case.

And when you get well again, you can go back to your life.

Just
Don't give up.

He just returned my trust and love in him.

In his first four levels he always leveled strength and speed.

I hope I won't lose him since it is an ironman run.

@Shrimperor

I was literally at bottom about 3-4 years ago, so I know this feeling.

My grandma died, my mother became incurable sick and my dad threw his life away.

...... But somehow I could overcome depressions..... by becoming independent and getting a great job.

I have had some kind of inner happiness, but my major fear is to lose everything I have established.

My dad passed away last week which weakened my mental health for sure.

I already know drawbacks, but having them when you don't want them, is not so easy to deal with.

I think the established stress of the past years caused my poor condition.

But I definitely will take your advice and won't do the same mistake my dad did!

So thanks for your motivation and warming words!

Getting into a personal crisis can take much substance off, but it can also make someone stronger!

Edited by Falcom Knight

Actually Edward does not need defense entirely.

If he can take two physical hits in hard mode, it would be helpful.

But Edward rather should be used for wrath shenigans, especially in part 3.

Also I only will play till the end of part 1 for now since I also have to continue my FE5 run.

Edited by Falcom Knight

21 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I remember of a remix of a Yoshi New Island on Youtube that replaced the notes with farting. There was no difference.

XD

Why save the world when I can just rack up the gold at the Monster Arena.

I'm gonna stay in Italy Romaly Romaria for a looooong time... okay, maybe not that long.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

HEY WAIT A MINUTE! Atelier Escha & Logy did Atelier Ryza's Core Charge mechanic first. And it's much better in this game. Because you can actually have more than four items per character (though E&L still operates under old Atelier rules in that only alchemists can use items). I'm just now realizing this. 

But like, it is the exact same mechanic. You make items and then you put them in the slots and they will automatically be restored anytime you return to the atelier. The only difference is that the item usage is from the items themselves and not the dumb CC points mechanic that Ryza had that kinda discourages item use.

Edited by Armagon