Rate the Unit, Day 19: Amelia

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

amelia should not get credit for having a speedwings 0/10

Why not? It's her biggest contribution to the team, and it's not like Speedwings are crappy or unwanted. No chest keys to invest, or lockpicks either.

Well, assuming that you tower the Trainees to 10/1, she at least isn't completely useless, as she DOES get a pony and decent avoid (and godawful durability, 22.4 HP, 4.7 DEF). Then she can participate in rescue chains and ferry, albeit not as good as Tana/Vanessa/Cormag. Her combat's pretty terrible, though she can double a few enemies due to that 10+ Speed. Probably the worst unit in the game, but she's still redeemable, in a way. Giving her an extra point for being clutch in the Link Arena as a General (don't ever do this if you're using her in the main game), as that extra point of Speed is quite important.

3/10

Why not? It's her biggest contribution to the team, and it's not like Speedwings are crappy or unwanted. No chest keys to invest, or lockpicks either.

It's not her contribution, it's an item that anyone can use. Seth isn't awarded for joining with a Silver Lance, it's just there for him to use. Joshua isn't awarded for joining with a KE, it's just something he starts with tat he or other sword users can utilize. Hayden's not praised because he gives you a bunch of money, that's just a thing that happens.

There's Meg.

And then we have Ronan

And we have Samson

And Fiona

And Lyre.

And we have fe9 Sothe.

Fe9 ratings gogogogo PKL!

All of which are better than Amelia (OK, I dunno about Lyre, never having gotten that far in FE10). Where's your argument?

Meg can chip at the Laguz

Ronan is good at Rescue drops, with his high move and high amount of movement stars

Samson is a fucking Hero, he can at least do something. Seriously, why is he in here? Does he suck donkey balls in FE12 or something?

Fiona is also good at Rescuing and not much else, admittedly

Sothe can get items from the desert and steal. I don't see how you could ever put him on the same level as the other scrubs you've listed.

Although none of them are as scrubby as Amelia.

I see that your "rant" has nothing I haven't seen before... And honestly, I don't know whether to facepalm at how stupid some of this is or to act astonished that you actually thought you could paint her as the worst unit in all FE.

Put your money where your mouth is and say why you think it's so incredibly absurd that one would think that Amelia is the worst unit in Fire Emblem. And don't say something wishy washy like "Wendy contributes just as little as Amelia", because from your own words, one could infer that there are dozens of more awful units and any moron with half a brain could name them off their head.

Edited by Refa

On top of what has already been said, the unit that should get credit for the Speedwings is either Franz or your main lord, because they recruit Amelia, earning her inventory in the process.

Put your money where your mouth is and say why you think it's so incredibly absurd that one would think that Amelia is the worst unit in Fire Emblem. And don't say something wishy washy like "Wendy contributes just as little as Amelia", because from your own words, one could infer that there are dozens of more awful units and any moron with half a brain could name them off their head.

I didn't feel like countering what stood out to me as a blatant rehash of a statement I already countered in the past. But since you insist... I consider the fact that Amelia can at least get a horse to mean more than anything Wendy ever does. And there's the fact that Wendy's joining situation is pretty awful - joining at level 1 right before an axe-dominated segment of the game sucks. Add to that there's no reasonable way to feed her kills, and... what can I say other than it'd take a REALLY good argument to convince me Wendy can be anything other than the worst unit in all of FE.

I'd have to agree Wendy is worse than Amelia. LTC or efficiency should not be the one and only standard to judge characters, and even in those it's a tough argument to say that Wendy is better. But in practically every other way you could play, Amelia is going to be better because of the tower. If you want to raise Wendy, glhf.

Wendy just...doesn't really do what an armour knight should. I mean, onerounded by an archer in join chapter? Armour Knight? Really?

But honestly they're all scrubs who really cares who's worst.

Fe9 ratings gogogogo!

DO IT!

On Topic: I kinda find it annoying her dying easily especially even in doing the Tower stuff; it's Nnnnghhh-inducing. Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

Edited by Le Ultimate Failure

I didn't feel like countering what stood out to me as a blatant rehash of a statement I already countered in the past. But since you insist... I consider the fact that Amelia can at least get a horse to mean more than anything Wendy ever does. And there's the fact that Wendy's joining situation is pretty awful - joining at level 1 right before an axe-dominated segment of the game sucks. Add to that there's no reasonable way to feed her kills, and... what can I say other than it'd take a REALLY good argument to convince me Wendy can be anything other than the worst unit in all of FE.

Fair enough, I've never tried using Wendy much myself, so I can see that.

She is just awful. She has "potential" in the same sense that, when your testicles are hooked up to a car battery and you are writhing in absolute agony, you realize that at some point either you will be dead or the battery will run out, and that will be an improvement over your current state. That is Amelia: A car battery hooked up to your balls. There is a certain kind of person who actually enjoys that. Everyone else should just stay away from any scenario in which that might happen.

-10 for being the neediest piece of shit. +0.5 for the marginal potential that a Paladin Amelia provides at some point, somewhere, if you're insane enough to bother with her. -1 bias point for being an idiotic suicidal dipshit who gets weighed down by an Iron Lance. +1 for Speedwings because hey, Speedwings.

0.5/10, and I'm being generous. Also I wouldn't want to score her a 0 because that's reserved for Wendy. She's on some continuum of pointlessness where she's not as bad as Wendy but not really as awesome as Ardan enough to deserve a full point.

Wow, if she gets better than Neimi I will laugh because I fucking loathe Neimi.

She really isn't, though.

I'm gonna talk about what I like about Amelia. She's ugly and tiny, which is bad, but if she was the size of a regular humanoid she'd be mostly alright. Her battlesprite is shit and she trips over in it which is awful.

Man I LIKE Amelia and my list of nice things is mostly insults.

But I like her. 1/10, all of it bias. She deserves 0/10. I want her to beat Neimi.

furetchen is stupid and dumb and doesn't recognize the remarkable hotness neimi has

anyway, me, 1/10 because I don't believe in 0/10s

moving on

furetchen is stupid and dumb and doesn't recognize the remarkable hotness neimi has

Hrrrrrrg...!

FUCK IT!

I've been wanting to post this ever since the Neimi thread but I was afraid I might get warned or worse or something but I don't really care right now so here it fucking is!