Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

Did anyone sign up for the Alola battle competition? I signed up and have a team roughly already made, just need one more pokemon, but i'm not sure what it will be. I am excited, i will probably fail terribly but i hope it will be fun :D. Plus the 50 BP just for entering is nice.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So for those of you who know Vinesauce, I just want to brag right now about getting Just A Koala from the WTs last night. I also got a Shiny Minior when he got the Shiny Mimikyu, so thats... a thing.

Back onto the actual topic of this thread, Shinies in Poke Pelego huh? It'd suck if it didn't stay, huh. Is there even a way to make sure they stay?

Also wow, I love the feature, but getting Berries for dyeing is a pain. I already got my Oran and Maranga for planting, so hopefully I'll get my Kelpsy today.

Did anyone sign up for the Alola battle competition? I signed up and have a team roughly already made, just need one more pokemon, but i'm not sure what it will be. I am excited, i will probably fail terribly but i hope it will be fun :D. Plus the 50 BP just for entering is nice.

May I ask when it starts and if you have to lock your team on beforehand? Also just general specifics. Edited by Emerson

Yeah, I've never heard of this battle competition, what's it about?

My Grimer and Meowth just evolved at the same time and at the same level, neato. XD I wonder why the evolution screen and music is different for Alolan forms though?

Also, I caught a Crabrawler, and I don't remember how it evolves, so could someone refresh my memory here?

Edited by Anacybele

May I ask when it starts and if you have to lock your team on beforehand? Also just general specifics.

Region[/size]: International[/size]

Registration Period: December 6th 2016 - December 15th 2016

Battle Period: December 16th 2016 - December 18th 2016

Battle Type: Single Battle

Battle Limits: 15 Battles per day

Pokémon Restrictions: Alola Pokédex #001-#301, Greninja.

Special Rules: Only 1 Special Pokémon per team

Banned Moves: Memento, Doom Desire, Psycho Boost, Roar of Time, Spacial Rend, Lunar Dance, Crush Grip, Magma Storm, Dark Void, Seed Flare, Shadow Force, Searing Shot, Techno Blast, Relic Song, Secret Sword, Glaciate, Bolt Strike, Blue Flare, V-create, Fusion Flare, Fusion Bolt, Parting Shot, Diamond Storm, Steam Eruption, Hyperspace Hole, Hold Hands, Origin Pulse, Precipice Blades, Dragon Ascent, Hyperspace Fury

Entry Gift: 50BP

This is the Battle of Alola competition. This competition is a Single Battle competition and runs unique rules. These rules allow for you to use all Pokémon currently available in Pokémon Sun & Moon, including Solgaleo, Lunala, Magearna and Ash-Greninja, but you can only use one Special Pokémon in your team like Solgaleo & Lunala.

So yeah you do have to register before it begins. It starts on December 16th.

Also i think you have to register through the pokemon global link website

Edited by SlayerX

Yeah, I've never heard of this battle competition, what's it about?

My Grimer and Meowth just evolved at the same time and at the same level, neato. XD I wonder why the evolution screen and music is different for Alolan forms though?

Also, I caught a Crabrawler, and I don't remember how it evolves, so could someone refresh my memory here?

I thought it was that you had to level it up near the Ice Rock that Glaceon uses, but according to Bulbapedia, you just need to level it up on Mt. Lanakila... which is where the Ice Rock is anyway.

Huh, interesting. I'd probably fail miserably though, so I think I'll pass... The 50 BP for entering is pretty nice, but not worth it to me.

It is worth keeping an eye out for them. Some of the competitions in ORAS gave away things like Cynthias Garchomp or N's Darmanitan.

I thought it was that you had to level it up near the Ice Rock that Glaceon uses, but according to Bulbapedia, you just need to level it up on Mt. Lanakila... which is where the Ice Rock is anyway.

Ah, that's right, thanks.

Do any of you guys think Hau mentioning his father being a strong trainer far away from Alola means anything? Like, do you think we'll see him in the next game? It seems a bit strange to have Hau explain his family situation after beating the Elite Four just like that only for it to not lead anywhere.

Do any of you guys think Hau mentioning his father being a strong trainer far away from Alola means anything? Like, do you think we'll see him in the next game? It seems a bit strange to have Hau explain his family situation after beating the Elite Four just like that only for it to not lead anywhere.

Depends. If we get a third game set in Alola a la Platinum or Emerald maybe Hau's dad will be important, but I don't think we're getting one because GameFreak has forgone them since Gen V. If the next game(s) are Sinnoh remakes or about a certain character's adventure in Kanto then probably not.

Depends. If we get a third game set in Alola a la Platinum or Emerald maybe Hau's dad will be important, but I don't think we're getting one because GameFreak has forgone them since Gen V. If the next game(s) are Sinnoh remakes or about a certain character's adventure in Kanto then probably not.

I was just thinking the other way around: if Hau's father is far away from Alola, maybe we'll run into him in Sinnoh or wherever the next game takes place.

Personally, I'm terrified of the idea of getting a Sinnoh remake as opposed to the next game, be it a sequel or a third version, taking place in Alola. It was such a breath of fresh air with so much more potential; moving away from that so quickly would just not sit well with me. I guess that has little to do with Hau's father, but hey.

I would've entered if I could use Parting Shot :<

Rip people trying to use Silvally.

No items is interesting. Its a shame everyone I've fought in it on Showdown kinda... sucked.

EDIT: I only looked on one source for the rules, and it didn't say Magearna was allowed. I got confused for a bit then saw the earlier post saying Magearna was allowed. I guess my broken team is going through after all.

Edited by Emerson

I encountered a shiny Metapod. Too bad its nature is lax. Would have probably used it otherwise lol

Edit: Nice team december. It looks fairly well rounded. And dont worry, the game is about to have a bit of a jump in levels. At least i couldn't quite keep up lol. although part of that is because i didn't use exp share

Hue hue, i am such a fan of breeding. Just made an almost perfect bewear. It has very good HP and decent spA but the rest is at its best. and that was in less than 3 hours. It really helps Vulpix can breed with it :D

I'll take it off of your hands for the Magic Guard Abras if you want. :D

Since it will mess up your EV's as it passes the bonuses to everyone. Take caution whenever EV training them.

You can easily get a Happini in Malie City.

There's a woman in the Sushi High Roller, who's willing to trade a Happini for a Pancham.

Okay, but is it holding an Oval Stone? That's required to evolve Happiny, and in the past, you either had to get one from wild Chansey or randomly find it somewhere, and I've yet to come across an Oval Stone just lying around. I haven't seen Chansey yet, so I don't know if you can find wild ones. And if you can, they're probably a low encounter rate.

You can also get one in the Pichu battles at the beginning of the game to have them call for help which a Happiny rarely appears. This is how you get both a Light Orb and a Happiny. It's how I've gotten mine!

You can find an Oval Stone in Paniola Ranch, in an area right in front of the Nursery.

You should use Stoutland, as it is a hidden item.

Oh yeah.
I've found one there already.
Made me think that they were expecting you to get only the traded one. XD

You can use Poke Pelago for hatching eggs? Wow, the things you learn.

Speaking of things I don't know, what ways are there to reset EV? I realized my story team Tsareena is jolly and was thinking I would want to EV train it for future use.

So the secrets out...
Yeah. I've seen them in the melee battles while I was getting the braces.
Mmm hmm....
One is going on my teams definitely even after having a Rowlett.

rVjPL2.jpg
My other one to fit Tsareena's description.
DxX5DJ.jpg
The este later shopper Pokemon. They make perfume.
xygyiv.jpg
Going to need Powersaves to get my 6th/7th generation ones. Because they do wonderful with them for that high Sp.Attk stat of theirs and that it isn't awkward at all to give them these attacks.
ndM2tW.jpg
Lli1nS.jpg
WIuhVC.jpg

Will do the same to Tsareena soon with Powersaves to get her this set
-High Jump Kick(Levelling up)
-Play Rough(Breeding Comfy)
-Grass Whistle(Breeding Rosalia)
-Meditate(Hack)
Giving her Bulk Up would be awkward. She is just your average Jynx, Gardevoir, Roserade, Gothetelle, Meoletta, Lilligant.

You can gather them from the berry tree in the route that is before Mount Hokulani. I think that is guaranteed to drop those berries. After that just farm in a level 3 Isle Aplenny. You get 14 berries per tree.

I have like 200+ of each

Cool.
I'll be ready to transfer your Abra's later tonight/tommorrow morning as I've got a 6 hr errand to do shortly.

Speaking of Quick Claws, once an enemy Pokémon's Quick Claw activated... while it was asleep. It stayed asleep, too. I was pretty confused about it.

Speaking of weird occurrences, how often do people get critical captures? I've had three, but I don't remember what the third one was on (maybe a Pyukumuku?). The first two were both on Xurkitrees, but they weren't quite in a row because there was one Beast Ball thrown in between. I don't know what the chances are for that but I assume it's to make up for me never encountering a shiny despite playing Pokémon since Diamond and Pearl...

If you jam several hundred hours into them, you'll at least find one or two of them within a 300hr period if your a little lucky. Just like my Shiny Charizard was the only breaded shiny Pokemon that I have ever got...period in all prior playthroughs of all Pokemon games.

I have had quite a few critical caputres, I even had some near the beginning of the game... guess i was just lucky in that regard. Now i have many more pokemon and i see every now and then

Easier if you've transferred enough Pokemon from your other games.

I just caught a Braviary and I'm satisfied with its nature and stats, w00t. It has a neutral nature, but it looks like it has pretty good HP and attack IVs, so I'll go nickname it Ike. <3 (Braviary fights for its friends lol and Fates Ike has crazy HP and strength! Plus Ike is <3)

aPoAU8.jpg
Indeed. <3
I have a Defiant ability one which you can catch at the desrt In Pokemon Black/White 2 and then transffering it through the bank.

It is worth keeping an eye out for them. Some of the competitions in ORAS gave away things like Cynthias Garchomp or N's Darmanitan.

Missed it. x.x

-----

OMVAVB.jpg
FDYzox.jpg
TxvjID.jpg
6KvlYa.jpg
aPoAU8.jpg
1eLIoW.jpg
74dWRz.jpg
0hYGKE.jpg
F6flSw.jpg
ok7Bkp.jpg
MMJf85.jpg
derzeZ.jpg
VopAWJ.jpg
EUjKWr.jpg
uSpmWe.jpg
PhLzYj.jpg
iPVCxS.jpg
XJhlf0.jpg
2zMy8O.jpg
y3UrvQ.jpg
bnAM4G.jpg
Hate the evolved form. x.x
This form is so much more adorable.
1oJG5x.jpg
Wanna keep the Chinese girl look.
gHAAmz.jpg
JDi4Ww.jpg
404QYC.jpg
e7GkXE.jpg
xBlOkc.jpg
Hyper Voice is recommended for her mega evolution's ability, Pixilate!
XmDAwI.jpg
yAN47P.jpg

(Some Pokemon) Bout an 1/8
Some of the Shinies I've gotten through chaining/Shiny Charm over the years. :D 4th n 5th generations. Ready to put them in Pokemon Sun/Moon soon after spending three days transffering the rest of my Pokemon.
Edited by PuffPuff

I'll take it off of your hands for the Magic Guard Abras if you want. :D

I'll be ready to transfer your Abra's later tonight/tommorrow morning as I've got a 6 hr errand to do shortly.

Ok I think that should mean you should be available around 1 or 2 AM EST, i will probably be awake for that. I can get that Bewear ready for you. I can give you one that is perfect for battle Best IVs in all but Sp.A. I spent a lot more time after that post.

edit: Also, I am chaining dittos so when you are back so i might take a bit to reply if you are here before like 2 AM est

Edit2: Well that is an hour wasted... I forgot to get revives.... My grimer kept learning moves, I should have known he would but I am an idiot... Ditto got lucky, critted him, killed grimer (it had been beaten by a barrage of knockoff and crunches and i thought he'd survive the next hit...). This was followed by me thinking i could handle an imposter ditto meeting my decidueye... I couldn't. Nothing could stop him because it has sword dance and i was wiped... I am dumb. Incredibly so. I am sad.

Edited by SlayerX

Am I the only one who think we will have a first gen remakes instead rather than Fourth gens ? Ah no matter.

I finally finished the game, and sheesh, it is vicious It really don't like you.

Called it, Kukui was going to have the last starter, if it wasn't Lillie, it was going to be him.

And after the league, you become the first Alola champion ever, whch is freaking badass, and... bam, surprise legendary fight. Thanks game, I suppose that you could fight it later postgame- but I did not wanted to risk it.

I used all my ultra balls, super balls, poke-balls. I had to use those cave/night balls. It was ridiculous, I was half way between laughing and facepalming.

I suppose that Tokorico was good enough to worth the trouble, eh. Elec/Fairy is surprising though.

Bye-bye waifu who's supposed to be 11 year old. Good luck with Kanto.

Kanto, here why I think we'll have a remake, it's too big of a flag for me to ignore.

Am I the only one who think we will have a first gen remakes instead rather than Fourth gens ? Ah no matter.

Kanto, here why I think we'll have a remake, it's too big of a flag for me to ignore.

If they really were gonna remake Kanto, then why bother putting Red/Blue/Yellow onto the eShop in the first place?

If they really were gonna remake Kanto, then why bother putting Red/Blue/Yellow onto the eShop in the first place?

Because GameFreak is dead-set on Gen 1 pandering due to what happened with Gen 5. That's why both XY and Sun/Moon have had just as much focus, if not more, given to Gen 1 Pokemon as they have given to the new Pokemon. I'm personally hoping for a third game a la Emerald instead of a remake, Sinnoh or Kanto regardless, but I won't get my hopes up.

Edited by AzureSen

I'm honestly sick of Kanto at this point.

I'd probably buy a DP remake, but I'm just so done with genwunner pandering I won't buy a Kanto remake.

(If we do get a Kanto remake, though, I hope Kusaka pays attention to the best thing about the place in the second Kanto remake arc, aka Yellow. Poor girl's been so shafted lately, what with Green appearing in XY and Red and Blue in ORAS... actually, Yellow is the only Dexholder up to Sinnoh that gets no cameos in ORAS, what with the Johto trio briefly getting a call, a picture of Platinum when explaining stuff her mom did, and Dia and Pearl shouting from offscreen while Palmer calls Brandon...)

I finally finished the game, and sheesh, it is vicious It really don't like you.

Called it, Kukui was going to have the last starter, if it wasn't Lillie, it was going to be him.

And after the league, you become the first Alola champion ever, whch is freaking badass, and... bam, surprise legendary fight. Thanks game, I suppose that you could fight it later postgame- but I did not wanted to risk it.

I used all my ultra balls, super balls, poke-balls. I had to use those cave/night balls. It was ridiculous, I was half way between laughing and facepalming.

I suppose that Tokorico was good enough to worth the trouble, eh. Elec/Fairy is surprising though.

You can. I wasted almost 20 balls before it fainted to hail, and didn't reload since I didn't want to fight Kukui again. Battled it again postgame and got it on my second pokeball. Go figure.

I don't think we're getting a third version because it seems Game Freak stopped doing, perhaps because they don't sell very well. I that there is the Stars, but I get the feeling it could be something else.

Also, if we get Sinnoh remakes, I'm pretty sure they will be very badly recieved, mostly because of Platinum and Sun and Moon are tough acts to follow.

See what happened with ORAS, a lot of people still seems to prefer Emerald. Personally I think ORAS is a great remake, with it's only flaws being too easy and the lack of the Battle Frontier, but I can't deny the fact Emerald was a great game, and it was a very tough act to follow. The same might happen to Sinnoh remakes. Even worse, there's a very good chance that they would use Pokemon only from the Diamond and Pearl Dex rather than Pokemon from the Platinum Dex. And that will not be recieved well at all.

Edited by Water Mage

When you guys say you're not expecting a third game, do you only mean re-tellings of the same game à la Emerald and Platinum, or do you include direct sequels like Black 2 and White 2? So far X&Y is the only game to not receive either, and with Sun & Moon doing so well, surely we could expect something along those lines?

I might just be trying to convince myself here.

Eh ? I loved ORAS :/

Actually, that could be a good way to advertise the remake, since you know, there's a slight difference between the first games and what we have now. :p
Plus, what AzureSen said, couldn't have said it better. I mean, you could basically sum up a whole argument by just saying 'First Gen' with how much of a ton of attention it gots.

I'm not salty, don't misunderstand, it's pokemon, I love pokemon, it's good, I'll take it.

You can. I wasted almost 20 balls before it fainted to hail, and didn't reload since I didn't want to fight Kukui again. Battled it again postgame and got it on my second pokeball. Go figure.

Ah good to know. Thank you.
RNG, when you hold us.

Edited by B.Leu

Because GameFreak is dead-set on Gen 1 pandering due to what happened with Gen 5. That's why both XY and Sun/Moon have had just as much focus, if not more, given to Gen 1 Pokemon as they have given to the new Pokemon. I'm personally hoping for a third game a la Emerald instead of a remake, Sinnoh or Kanto regardless, but I won't get my hopes up.

Honestly, I feel like the complaints about XY pandering to Gen 1 Pokemon are way overblown. People were really reaching when they were like "Uh...it has a forest...like Viridian Forest...it's totally pandering!" and to that nature. When I played through XY, I definitely didn't encounter more Kanto Pokemon than I did Pokemon from other regions, because there were like 2 billion Pokemon in those games. Really the only things I remember that could be considered pandering were the starters from Gen 1 being given to you (this is a good thing, it makes getting more Pokemon easier), and Mewtwo appearing by itself in a cave at the end of the game (this is a cool nod that doesn't affect peoples' main game experience anyways). I agree that SuMo has a lot more focus on Gen 1 Pokemon though, with it being a lot easier to catch the Alolan forms and returning Pokemon than it is to catch the newer Pokemon. I wish it was the other way around. =(

Edited by Refa

I don't think we're getting a third version because it seems Game Freak stopped doing, perhaps because they don't sell very well. I that there is the Stars, but I get the feeling it could be something else.

Also, if we get Sinnoh remakes, I'm pretty sure they will be very badly recieved, mostly because of Platinum and Sun and Moon are tough acts to follow.

See what happened with ORAS, a lot of people still seems to prefer Emerald. Personally I think ORAS is a great remake, with it's only flaws being too easy and the lack of the Battle Frontier, but I can't deny the fact Emerald was a great game, and it was a very tough act to follow. The same might happen to Sinnoh remakes. Even worse, there's a very good chance that they would use Pokemon only from the Diamond and Pearl Dex rather than Pokemon from the Platinum Dex. And that will not be recieved well at all.

I don't think GF cares about how "well-received" DP remakes are as long as they're received well enough to sell. Not to mention that ORAS sold well, more than HGSS did (if not by much, really).

(And this is disregarding the fact that ORAS was well-received, aside from "too much water.")

P.S. Viridian Forest and Santalune Forest are actually identical, not to mention that they all have the same Pokémon available.

Edited by Lightchao42