Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 hours ago, Dandee Leone said:

This notification from Nintendo of America's Twitter Page makes me fear that Ike and Lyn were displaced by Roy and Lucina in the poll. Granted, Ike has no official art for the game, but Lyn did, and Lucina is featured over her. 

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/826194223745556480

FEHeroes.PNG

Nice artwork. Lucina and Anna both look really nice. Roy ... kind of looks like a kid. I mean, I know he's 15 in his own game, but he looks like he's closer to 12. But it's still nice artwork.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:
  Hide contents

It's implied that Celica takes after Mila, who wishes to resolve the conflict peacefully, and Alm goes the way of Duma, war, and feels the only way anything will be solved is by fighting.

The parties had a chance to unite a lot earlier than they do, except for Alm and Celica's disagreement during their first meeting.

Alm also rushes to fight in the rebellion against Mycens wishes and never stops to consider otherwise.

Granted it's an NES game so a lot of it is reading between the lines, and I eagerly await to see Echoes' take on his personality. The whole "friends forever" thing in the trailer seems like they are setting up for the same drama/conflict.

Spoiler

i mean yeah the thing about mila and duma is implied but it's made pretty clear that alm doesn't want to be duma's successor

at one point in the first chapter he says this:

Alm:
But the “Pact of the Gods” upheld by Sofia and Rigel means we shouldn’t come to blows, right?
Our guardian, the Lady Mila, would never permit such a thing. 

and his reaction to finding out Rudolf is his father isn't very enthusiastic either

Alm:
Ah, Gramps — what in the world is going on!?
How could such a despicable man as Emperor Rudolf be my father!!!
That’s awful. Did you know nothing of this, Gramps!?

i get that he's supposed to be duma's successor in the same way celica is mila's but his actions and character don't really reflect it at any point

maybe in the remake they'll change it up to make him more unique but in the original he definitely didn't seem very aggressive 

9 minutes ago, unique said:
  Hide contents

i mean yeah the thing about mila and duma is implied but it's made pretty clear that alm doesn't want to be duma's successor

at one point in the first chapter he says this:

Alm:
But the “Pact of the Gods” upheld by Sofia and Rigel means we shouldn’t come to blows, right?
Our guardian, the Lady Mila, would never permit such a thing. 

and his reaction to finding out Rudolf is his father isn't very enthusiastic either

Alm:
Ah, Gramps — what in the world is going on!?
How could such a despicable man as Emperor Rudolf be my father!!!
That’s awful. Did you know nothing of this, Gramps!?

i get that he's supposed to be duma's successor in the same way celica is mila's but his actions and character don't really reflect it at any point

maybe in the remake they'll change it up to make him more unique but in the original he definitely didn't seem very aggressive 

I thank you for those quotes - it's been over a year since I last played Gaiden and I had forgotten those, or could have been using a wonky translation patch.

I definitely think he learns from mistakes, but he definitely starts on that path, ignoring a lot of chances to turn back along the way. For what they are worth, Awakening's quotes also point towards a cynicism when it comes to violence "There's no compassionate way to stab someone." For the majority of the game, he doesn't even try another way, and the game ends with him plunging the Falchion in to duma

Spoiler

effectively sealing the demon within himself

He has a surprising amount of character growth for a character from his era, so I'm glad that Echoes will give him a chance to shine.

He's definitely going to be on my Heroes team, because I love him and I sort of want to not get yelled at for going way too off topic

Edited by ChibiToastExplosion

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

Nice artwork. Lucina and Anna both look really nice. Roy ... kind of looks like a kid. I mean, I know he's 15 in his own game, but he looks like he's closer to 12. But it's still nice artwork.

Yeah he does look a bit younger there just art interpretation still great art of him! Also I doubt that art means anything Naga forbid especially with Lucina....plus 1 day left to go

Edited by OpheliaNohrPrincess

Honestly I'd be fine if Roy took number one for males. I would be a bit sad it isn't really Hector (shh) or a Jugdral lord, but on the other hand it could be worse. I use to hate Roy, but now I'm alright with him. Not my favorite, but hey if he wins fair and square I'd be for that.

That being said I'm less invested in the male's side as I am on the girl's side. I'd rather Lucina or Lyn win because I really don't like Tharja.

Hey guys, this isn't the thread for story discussion!

I'm going to add a link to the release date of Heroes to the first post, tailored such that it'll be relevant no matter what the time zone is!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkJvpBoLKxY

20 minutes of new pictures and some general information from Polygon's YouTube. 

Edit: a few points

No permadeath, which I think we can all agree is a good thing considering you have to pay for your units here

If you lose a battle, you can spend orbs to continue it with all characters brought back to life and their skills off cooldown or just give up and try again. 

Anna is a commander of sorts.

Characters have a home base which you can improve upon and where you can get a few more lines of dialogue outside of combat: 
- Barst talks about Ogma being a giant among men.
- Oboro says she's ready to use her lance to protect you, the summoner, and wanting to find a clothing shop in this strange new land.
- Arthur mentions being unable to patrol due to his luck getting in the way. 
- Virion brews tea from weeds he thought were herbs and commends the player for his diligence and says you've done well in impressing him 
- Sharena says Alfonse doesn't want to burden her which can be interpreted as not thinking she's up to the task. 
- Alfonse in turn says people don't think he acts like a prince should and joined "this order to do his part".
- Azama loves the look of people's faces after they're summoned.
- Fir is practicing with her sword.
- Raigh tries acting aloof when telling the player to not patrol so much as you'll get burned out (shouldn't Anna be the one reminding you to take breaks?)

Virion's art is fantastic. I also really liked Oboro's, though her attack and damaged sprites weren't as good. Arthur looks suitably epic too.

Edited by Thane

24 minutes ago, Thane said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkJvpBoLKxY

20 minutes of new pictures and some general information from Polygon's YouTube. 

Nice, thanks a lot! =D

It seems we finally know that the A, B and C letters on the characters screen are for passive skills (which we thought already) which is nice to know. Both this reviewer and the GameExplain one seem to really have liked it so far :3.

So as of now orbs can be used to:

• pull for characters
  • revive in battle
  • fill your stamina
  • fill your swords
  • upgrade your castle

I was expecting revives and the stamina refill, but castle upgrades costing orbs is sad.

Also now I'm confused by the draw screen, which wasn't the case before...

If I remember right, @Elieson was wondering before what those swords were for? Turns out it's an alternate stamina system for pvp. Refreshes daily, or by paying orbs.

2 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

So as of now orbs can be used to:

• pull for characters
  • revive in battle
  • fill your stamina
  • fill your swords
  • upgrade your castle

I was expecting revives and the stamina refill, but castle upgrades costing orbs is sad.

Also now I'm confused by the draw screen, which wasn't the case before...

If I remember right, @Elieson was wondering before what those swords were for? Turns out it's an alternate stamina system for pvp. Refreshes daily, or by paying orbs.

I'm checking out the reviews right now, but that PVP STAMINA FOR SWORDS, I KNEW IT'D BE TIED! Thx for the clarity yo!

https://serenesforest.net/2017/01/31/fire-emblem-heroes-review-roundup-information-explanation/

I didn't capture the newly displayed units (Barst, Matthew, etc) but this covers everything. 

Stamina = 2[Normal] 5[Hard] 10[Lunatic] it looks like, with 1Stamina recovered per 5minutes. This isn't too bad.

Edited by Elieson

17 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Stamina = 2[Normal] 5[Hard] 10[Lunatic] it looks like, with 1Stamina recovered per minute. This isn't too bad.

1 stamina per minute isn't too bad? In the game I play (Fate/GO) it was 1 AP (the game's stamina) per 10 minutes at launch (quickly down to 1 per 5 min) and there were some daily quests that cost 30 AP

Edited by Sartek

3 minutes ago, Sartek said:

1 stamina per minute isn't too bad?

Whoops! It's 1 stamina per 5 minutes. Darn Typos!

Assuming battles take 3-5 minutes with animations on, we're probably looking at getting one stamina back while doing any given battle.

1 hour ago, Elieson said:

Stamina = 2[Normal] 5[Hard] 10[Lunatic] it looks like, with 1Stamina recovered per 5minutes. This isn't too bad.

Lissa's map was 5 for normal and 10 for hard, so it's going to vary for different quests. Seems to scale in similar increments, however.

I hope the increase isn't too big for harder quests. Puzzle and Dragons' 99 stamina dungeons here we go

6 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

Lissa's map was 5 for normal and 10 for hard, so it's going to vary for different quests. Seems to scale in similar increments, however.

I hope the increase isn't too big for harder quests. Puzzle and Dragons' 99 stamina dungeons here we go

Those were Special Missions though. Vs Regulars, Special costs bumped up because Special makes sense to me.

Yeah, I would gather that since Ike has no solo official art yet (as he is displayed on a group artwork, and in the PoR design too, strangely, despite his RD self being more recent and in the newest Smash games), that Nintendo post decided to use the two would-be second place characters rather than the leading ones. I mean, it would be a bit more awkward to see Roy and Lyn rather than Ike and Lyn or Roy and Lucina since different placings so far.

Still, I definitely hope Roy doesn't beat Ike. It's not even so much my favoritism for Ike or the fact that I don't care for Roy, it's that with both Ikes having breached the top five, it would feel like Ike fans got screwed if someone beat both, as I've said in the past. This is why I hate that votes have been split between different versions of the same character. It hurts the chances for these characters. It's nothing short of a miracle that both Marth and Ike got top ten halfway through.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

So we must finish the game in Normal before accessing Hard and Lunatic?

Shit.

After beating a chapter on Normal, Hard is unlocked for the same chapter. Then, Lunatic. Basically, yes, play through the game three times.

Why is that a problem? Isn't it a bad idea to start a game you never played before on harder difficulties? You don't have experience with the game, and even if it's in a series you've played before, it doesn't mean your past experiences with other titles will help you a lot. This game will probably be more different from other FE titles too even though it'll still have the FE feel to it.