Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

14 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Atk+3, Spd+3, Close Def 3, Distant Def 3, Heavy Blade 3, Quick Riposte 3, Hone Spd 3, Fort Res 3, Panic Ploy 2, Guidance 3, Deflect Magic 2, and Squad Ace D 3 are my upgraded seals.

Coins are my true bottleneck.

When I’m bringing along my fliers, I refresh until it is a 4 or 5 enemies and no archers. Otherwise, anything goes.

Then you have one more upgraded level 2 seals than me, plus I didn't create any deflect seal yet: 

Atk+3, Spd+3, Close Def 3, Distant Def 3, Heavy Blade 3, Quick Riposte 3, Hone Spd 3 like you, plus Brash Assault 3, Panic Ploy 3, Atk Smoke 2 and Hardy Bearing 3 (very useful in Arena). 

I'm sitting on 262 coins, since I like to have enough coins ready in case the next TTs bring an interesting seal. Otherwise I would upgrade Guidance next. 

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Trying to find efficient teams to auto-battle Camilla's map was very enjoyable for me.

Most notably, trying to find a team composition I could use to auto-battle farm SP for Bride Lyn without anyone else getting a kill and without getting Lyn surrounded and unable to attack.

I did something similar to grind HM on the developer maps, perhaps I'll try auto-mode on warrior maps if they ever have another rerun. Currently I have no big need to grind SP for most units, I'm using the stamina to grind SP for lesser used units (Hawkeye, Ephraim) and Badges in the training tower. 

Edited by mampfoid

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

18 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I did something similar to grind HM on the developer maps, perhaps I'll try auto-mode on warrior maps if they ever have another rerun. Currently I have no big need to grind SP for most units, I'm using the stamina to grind SP for lesser used units (Hawkeye, Ephraim) and Badges in the training tower. 

I've had a few runs of Camilla's Hard map where it was literally just Winter Robin with Brazen Atk/Spd 3, Vantage 3, and DistantDef 3, so he wound up only taking low damage from a few Mages, and was allowed to steamroll his way up to Camilla. No Distant Counter, just a slow walk up to exchange presents with Camilla.

Also gonna call it, we'll get our precious maps back when the next wave of DLC hits (the Shadow Dragon pack), which is sometime in February. That's apparently why we got them back the first time.

I feel like IS should just make a dedicated SP grinding map that's up permanently or every weekend or something, because the warriors maps reception has shown just how much it is wanted 

18 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I've had a few runs of Camilla's Hard map where it was literally just Winter Robin with Brazen Atk/Spd 3, Vantage 3, and DistantDef 3, so he wound up only taking low damage from a few Mages, and was allowed to steamroll his way up to Camilla. No Distant Counter, just a slow walk up to exchange presents with Camilla.

Units with good RES/DEF can solo that map, like Amelia, most (or all?) of the Christimas armors, Shenna, Fjorm etc. 

3 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

I feel like IS should just make a dedicated SP grinding map that's up permanently or every weekend or something, because the warriors maps reception has shown just how much it is wanted 

They could make an extended mode for the training tower at least, to grind SP and badges at the same time for lower stamina cost. Training tower maps with spawning opponents. 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

Units with good RES/DEF can solo that map, like Amelia, most (or all?) of the Christimas armors, Shenna, Fjorm etc. 

My WE Robin only has 22 Res, and then again all bets were off once he triggered Vantage...

Though even a unit with below average defensive stats can trivialize it all with one of the Defense seals... turns out, when the enemy only has a max of 33 atk with a Sword or Lance, 6 defense really makes the difference.

I think it’s ironic out of the playable characters SS characters in FEH, I’ve only used 5 of them (Joshua, Lute, the wonder twins, and Myrrh). Tana and Amelia were both out classes by Vanessa and Gilliam, same with Josuha outclassing Marisa, and I ditched Seth and Innes because of the rule I had at the time.

Well, I'm basically guaranteed to get L'Arachel tomorrow in my Sacred Stones run, since I just finished chapter 10 today. As for the actual banner, I will have about 100 orbs available after the new paralogue, so either she shows up on while the initial pity rate is 3% or I give her a miss. Will probably roll until I get one 5-star then pause until the Legendary Heroes are revealed.

In terms of that, I already have the one summer seasonal unit I want so straight away that's a third of the likely units there being off the list. The Legendary heroes themselves aren't all that appealing knowing that they'll appear monthly. That's seven of the twelve units accounted for, so thinking about it, we're down to five unaffiliated units determining the quality of the banner (and one of those is probably a CYL unit).

As for my Sacred Stones run, not much to report. Once past the baby chapters, I'm only likely to progress at one map per night because I'm doing this as a pseudo-cooperative thing with my sister, chatting on Skype an for an hour or so playing the FE back-catalogue. I'm on Ephraim's route because it seems ludicrous to not play him for two-thirds of the game. Ross has been good without pulling up trees, but the star of the show is Lute, staying true to her claims. Colm, Neimi and Vanessa are still liabilities, Joshua has been underwhelming, the cavaliers are all pretty good, and Moulder is the third-fastest unit in my army.

Edited by Humanoid

Been doing a lot of chain challenges and squad assault as well as buying the starter pack today. Yesterday I had 100 orbs, today I have 151.

Who else thinks IS sabotaged Eirika's CYL voting on purpose?

Edited by silveraura25

1 hour ago, silveraura25 said:

maybe because they already have Camilla and Tharja assets like Lucina in the last CYL

I'm throwing all my votes at Celica tho

13 minutes ago, Ciarre said:

maybe because they already have Camilla and Tharja assets like Lucina in the last CYL

I'm throwing all my votes at Celica tho

She was doing well on the reddit poll, but I can't see anything there right now since the person who made the poll doesn't want the CYL2 to be affected by it. Apparently Faye is more popular with the Japanese than Celica

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

You guys are reminding me I need to find a build for my 18 copies of Spring Xander. I might just end up going with Slaying Lance+ and Bonfire because he's pretty much Oboro on a horse with Subaki's Atk.

Trying to find efficient teams to auto-battle Camilla's map was very enjoyable for me.

Most notably, trying to find a team composition I could use to auto-battle farm SP for Bride Lyn without anyone else getting a kill and without getting Lyn surrounded and unable to attack.

you can give him berkuts lance with res refinement and close def sesl & distant counter with guard or QR and make him annyoing to take out. especially wirh cavalry buffs

10 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Myrrh is Illya and Sanya, and that's all that matters.

Myrrh looks to be physically bulky instead of magically bulky. I'm expecting her stats to be something like Awakening Tiki's, but with all of her extra stats pumped into Spd.

Wait... How I didn't notice this before? xD

4 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

really hope that isn't the case, because if they did then that's especially scummy. Quite possibly "if they're just going to manipulate players' choices to make their own wants more likely then why even bother playing" level of scummy.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

really hope that isn't the case, because if they did then that's especially scummy. Quite possibly "if they're just going to manipulate players' choices to make their own wants more likely then why even bother playing" level of scummy.

At least she got a brave variant out of it.

15 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

At least she got a brave variant out of it.

Yeah, I mean ... the situation is really confusing.

I think what the developers should've done was waited until CYL polling closed, and then release "brave" variants of characters who scored highly but didn't break the top two spots. Releasing Eirika halfway throughout CYL on a "new units" Sacred Stones banner is just weird.

While I do want her, because I like Eirika as a character, I still don't like the precedent and I don't get what they're doing.

EDIT: I'll also get annoyed if they actually are manipulating things and it does sabotage some other characters unfairly.

Edited by Sunwoo

6 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Yeah, I mean ... the situation is really confusing.

I think what the developers should've done was waited until CYL polling closed, and then release "brave" variants of characters who scored highly but didn't break the top two spots. Releasing Eirika halfway throughout CYL on a "new units" Sacred Stones banner is just weird.

While I do want her, because I like Eirika as a character, I still don't like the precedent and I don't get what they're doing.

For a company that's supposedly an intelligent system it seems like it "does not compute, does not compute" quite often

Edited by silveraura25

26 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

For a company that's supposedly an intelligent system it seems like it "does not compute, does not compute" quite often

You know, this makes me want to replay Advance Wars: Days of Ruin a little. They had the humbleness in that game of naming the biggest villain IDS- Intelligent Defense Systems. 

I wonder how highly Tabitha would rank on the CYL poll. Caulder/Stolos (I'm more used to Caulder, but the European name is cooler) would probably do miserably, but it would be fun to see him in FEH throwing vials of his plant virus as a Dagger or Tome. I would turn the Bridal bunch into living bouquets.

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

you can give him berkuts lance with res refinement and close def sesl & distant counter with guard or QR and make him annyoing to take out. especially wirh cavalry buffs

You know I don't use Berkut's Lance, though. At least not until I get my 12th copy of Berkut.

50 minutes ago, Troykv said:

Wait... How I didn't notice this before? xD

Clearly not paying enough attention.

Though she does do more work in visual novels than in anime (where a good chunk of her anime credits are Illya from visual novel adaptations, like Fate/Stay Night (and its spin-offs), Amagami, and KoiChoco), so I try to notice when I see her in an anime or non-visual-novel game.

And Sanya is best Witch (she competes closely with Heidemarie for that title, but Sanya sings insert songs with Eila and therefore pulls ahead), so it's hard for me to not notice.

7 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I mean, I doubt it's the developer's fault for any of this. It seems the marketing division is the part that needs some work since I assume they have the most say (outside of management) about the release schedule.

3 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Isn't it the publishers who decide this? Correct me if I'm wrong

I honestly have no idea how game companies work. I just know how the software company I work for works and extrapolate from there (basically assume other companies are more vertically structured than mine is).

16 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

You know I don't use Berkut's Lance, though. At least not until I get my 12th copy of Berkut.

Clearly not paying enough attention.

Though she does do more work in visual novels than in anime (where a good chunk of her anime credits are Illya from visual novel adaptations, like Fate/Stay Night (and its spin-offs), Amagami, and KoiChoco), so I try to notice when I see her in an anime or non-visual-novel game.

And Sanya is best Witch (she competes closely with Heidemarie for that title, but Sanya sings insert songs with Eila and therefore pulls ahead), so it's hard for me to not notice.

I wasn't expecting to found some one that likes World Witches around here... I mean, I feel a bit weird talking about it because... you know, even with it's interesting world building is evident some people arrive there for the butt shots include myself.

And Sanya Litvyak is my favorite Witch too :D

8 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I'm sitting on 262 coins, since I like to have enough coins ready in case the next TTs bring an interesting seal. Otherwise I would upgrade Guidance next.

I see you are a man of culture as well. I did the same before last TT and was rewarded by instantly upgrading that QR seal. I'm tempted to upgrade one of the ploy or fortify seals but I'm resisting until we see what's in the TT next week. Watch it be Vantage

21 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I see you are a man of culture as well. I did the same before last TT and was rewarded by instantly upgrading that QR seal. I'm tempted to upgrade one of the ploy or fortify seals but I'm resisting until we see what's in the TT next week. Watch it be Vantage

It's what I'm doing since they introduced the forge, only doing upgrades between TTs if 150 coins remain. Also with so many upgraded seals, it's not so tempting anymore. 

Vantage wouldn't be high priority for me (Lon'qu is haunting me), but Desperation, an offensive A-Slot skill, or a good movement skill (Armor March, ER, WoM) would be welcome. 

15 hours ago, Othin said:

That is pretty great.

I think there's only so much they can do. They've already released most of the really popular units: it'd pretty hard for them to get much money out of a banner like Canas/Erk/Guy.

I mean Canas is the most popular FE7 character not currently in the game, so.