• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Yay! Thanks Sothe! Not only are my beloved Hanas safe, but also my feathers (though this is coming from a guy who goes with the L&D 2 budget option unless the unit is especially special to me).Ā Ā Ā 

13 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I think I'll make poll on reddit tomorrow when Lyon's GHB comes out. I'llĀ askĀ whether Lyon's weapon is underwhelming or not

His weapon is just a slightly glorified raven tome. He can work fine as a BLyn check with TA and Bowbreaker so thereā€™s that.Ā 

Just now, Lord-Zero said:

His weapon is just a slightly glorified raven tome. He can work fine as a BLyn check with TA and Bowbreaker so thereā€™s that.Ā 

True. Just that his merges are somewhat limited so a slightly better effect would't be so bad

3 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

True. Just that his merges are somewhat limited so a slightly better effect would't be so bad

Yes. Limited merge potential certainly hurts. My Zephiel and Arvis could use a couple of merges as well.Ā 

I held off upgrading my Sophia, good thing Lyon comes with his own Raven tome.

I don't really care too much about merges, so Lyon having one saves me a Henry and 22,000 feathers so I'l be happy with that for now. That said I was getting used to Sophia's playstyle this week, but her project will be held off until later then.

Now that I think about it I don't know if I'm going to be promoting Lyon as soon as I get him. My +Atk -Hp Sophia is already at 4*+10 which makes her better than him and my Eirika will want to have Rawrblade+ for the coming TT.....it's hard to choose because I really like Lyon but he doesn't offer anything in terms of utility.

Figures that right after I "manage" my feather stash down to 30k (I figure enough for one promotion as required and some spare for promoting fodder), along come both Lyon and Tailtiu both demanding promotions. Will need to level Zelgius, Catria, Sanaki, Lilina, Alm, Myrrh, Lyon, Tailtiu, Marisa and 4* Oliver. Where are yooooouuuu Warriors maps?

Lyon is handy mostly because it's been months since my last Sophia and she's stalled at 4*+5. If I had a normal amount of her I probably needn't bother.

I already despise Sophia. She made Lyon redundant as well as being horrible in FE6. Need I remind you giraffe neck. But hey if people like her then I'm not judging.

Who else liked the story chapterĀ this time? I did

Lol. Wo Dao from Blazing Sword andĀ  Shamshir in SS have the same exact stats. IS giving Marissa Wo Dao can be completely justified

Edited by silveraura25

Tomorrow is going to be the biggest grindfest I've ever done in FEH. 5 new 5* units (Lyon included)Ā I'll have to train up before the double SP ends. I really wasn't prepared to get all 3 focus units, much less an extra off focus one. The fact that I've given Eirika and L'arachel bladetomes isn't helping matters either.

Edited by Korath88

31 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Congrats.

Iā€™ve got nothing to show except my shiny 4%.

All I got to show after 3 summons are completely off-focus SS units (Lute and Seth) and a 3.25% pity.

I'm not complaining but... okay yeah I'm complaining.

HOLY CRAP SOTHE WAS DEMOTED!!!~

I'm actually one of those people who's more excited just to pull Sothe rather than Life and Death fodder. A few characters do want it but I'm probably just going to keep him unless his nature is trash.

Looks like I have something else to look forward to during my hunt for Matthews. I'd love if the two of them would show up on the next *4 focus banner.

Edited by Zeo

Now that I see Lyons stats. I truly think about giving him my red owl tome and play him differently.
I will see who will be his retainers.
But the only valuable Owl supporters I have are Takumi, New Year Corrin and Oscar (I will give that role to Abel who turns out to have good boon/bane).
I could also put him in the same Team as Rhajat. This will be fun.

Ā 

Myrrh is a flying tank! She seems to be classified as both Trainee and CYL/Legendary based on her growth points and level 1 stats.

29 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

It kind of baffles me that even now with a dragon flier, Beruka still has the highest defence amongst the fliers.

Maybe they do not want Beruka to be completely outclassed. Beruka with Defense Refined Slaying Axe still has a slight lead of 1 (if Myrrh runs Defense Refined Breath) in Defense. Beruka can get a 3 lead in Defense from running Handbell/Sack o' Gifts.

Edited by XRay

20 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

Heh, didn't think I would say this but:

Well played, Alfonse, well played. You shall get your 5* promotion.

I think I'll do the same. He grew on me with the latest story chapter. But only after I promote all of my Lyons and Valters for merges

I am baffled, the story was actually worth reading this time. Not just, "let's go! Bad guy? Beat him, but unfortunately escaped, bugger it all", they actually took time to flesh out some characteristics. Please more in that direction, IS. Makes the whole "story" worth so much more.

As for Lyon; I really hoped he would be great, and while he may only be decent (he is basically Sophia, with a bit less DEF, but without a whole lot of available merges and no nature variance) I'm very happy about his appearance and his quotes. They really fit and my bias will probably lead me to 5*ing him in the near future.

Luckily, I also pulled two Myrrhs, making one a useful unit (I really like Myrrh) and the other one ready to be foddered to another dragon, when the right time comes (merging her to +10 is an impossibility, not like Fae, of which I got two more copies as well, while hunting Myrrh). @Ice Dragon I know you play on a whole other level than me, but since you helped nicely last time, I have now the choice of merging my Fae into +6 with the two extra copies, but find myself struggling with the decision on what bane to keep. All of them are +Att and I have the choice of keeping -Def or switching to -HP or -Spd. I find all of them to have some benefits, but also significant downsides.

-HP seems her most bulkiest variation in most situations (not just against Lance), but since I also use Panic Ploy and QR, this would seem the least optimal as the skills would be less effective. / -Def has been fine till now, but I do feel she takes a bit too much damage against physical attackers, when it's not blue, mostly bows and axes (ideally, you just put her against blue units, but sometimes, one has to put her somewhere less optimal) / -Spd seems fine as well, considering she gets doubled in Arena anyways, but she is just high enough that she sometimes does not get doubled in Story, TT, CC, etc.). I feel I would miss those 3 Speed in the long run. Her breath is DEF-refined. Since a merge is irreversible, I kinda wanted some input, before deciding. My tendency is to keep -DEF, but I still have doubts.