• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Stats

Hide contents

lv_40_stats_sacred_memories.jpg?width=13

Spoiler

Lyonnn, you're so slowwwwwww. But that attack is good. And he's bulky in both Def/Res so I can't complain. But 21, omg. Even a Rally Speed can't help. Marisa is good. Great HP, and decent bulk. Less excited about Eirika's stats, which makes me less likely to pull for her (which means yay I can save some orbs!). 

6 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Stats

Hide contents

lv_40_stats_sacred_memories.jpg?width=13

Spoiler

No extra BST for Eirika. I expected that, there's no way IS is going to repeat the B!Lyn thing ever again even when mages are inferior to archers it is a bit too much to have ranged horses at the same level as ranged infantry.

Glad I didn't give raven+ to Sophia then, Lyon loses 2 def but is ahead in everything else compared to her. With the advent of dragon power as a counter to Bowlyn, he's less of a priority compared to what he would have been in the past, but still an eventual promotion for sure - will be only the fifth such unit I promote. Probably the most useful GHB unit since Camus?

Eirika unsurprisingly is optimised for classical Blade usage. Happy enough with that. Don't think I have a role for L'Arachel.

@Tybrosion 

Spoiler

That's great! Clearing those on Lunatic (plus the 20 (I think the Lunatic quests give 5 Orbs in total) from Chapter 4) should give me enough for a couple of tries for Myrrh/L'Arachel.

@SilvertheShadow

Spoiler

...I've never actually looked at Celica's portrait. I'll have to look at that some time, see if I find her weird too.

But yeah, the eyes might've been too wide for me. Same thing happened with Tailtiu at first, but it worked better on her.

And on those stats:

Spoiler

Lyon looks just as good as I expected! He even has decent DEF! Woohoo! His BST is inflated to 152, which I think is the highest among infantry mages at the moment. Do we know what Naglfar does yet?

Marisa looks alright. I didn't use her much in Sacred Stones (between Eirika and Joshua, I was set for critswordies by the time I got her), so does she usually get a lot of HP? Also, do we know if she has Shamshir yet? BST is inflated to 163, which IIRC is the highest infantry sword (and ties with Fae for highest infantry period, I think?).

L'Arachel... that DEF isn't what I expected when I saw that Ivaldi had DEF +3. Other than that she's alright. BST is... not inflated? Huh, didn't expect that. Still want, as she looks unscrewable.

Myrrh has 36 DEF and 31 RES? What? I thought she was gonna have RES as a dump stat (and her SPD... but also RES)! Damn, everything about her is pretty good except her SPD, which doesn't matter too much because how many units have 34+ DEF (40+ after Fortify Dragons, if you have a Ninian, or DEF Tactic, if you have a Shiro) anyway? And Myrrh has the highest BST among dragons (and, I think, fliers) with 167.

Eirika...Wow, getting on a horse killed her defenses, huh? Still, I can't complain. She looks better than Leo, art-wise and stat-wise. Hell, even her weapon is cooler (black hole of doom > a tree). BST is not inflated, like L'Arachel.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

1 hour ago, Korath88 said:

The three heroes quests involve Gwendolyn, Saizo and Hinata.

Free fury fodder for everyone!

Score! I have Gwendolyn and Hinata trained - and Hinata's 5*. Easy quests, easy orbs!

Screw Saizo, though.

I don't suppose we know what Marisa's weapon is, do we?

2 minutes ago, Seafarer said:

Score! I have Gwendolyn and Hinata trained - and Hinata's 5*. Easy quests, easy orbs!

Screw Saizo, though.

I don't suppose we know what Marisa's weapon is, do we?

Spoiler

It's confirmed to be Wo Dao+

Makes sense since Shamshir was basically a renamed Wo Dao 

2 minutes ago, Korath88 said:
  Hide contents

It's confirmed to be Wo Dao+

Makes sense since Shamshir was basically a renamed Wo Dao 

Spoiler

Dang! Marisa is totally inferior to Hana in terms of offense. I'll train her up to level 40 but that's it, I guess she's just like she was in SS.

Also I'm a bit bummed that Eirika won't be viable in Arena offense (that low BST makes her a pretty bad choice) but it doesn't matter, she'll shine in every other PvE content and when the time is right I'll merge her to +10 too.

"Do a barrel roll!"

That's all I can think of after checking who voices Lyon in English. Apparently his voice actor was Peppy Hare's in the Star Fox Zero anime short. Anyone remember that? He's also the voice of Alex in Street Fighter V, but I don't really know many quotes from him. Still cool, though.

And if it's the same person, but with a different spelling, Marisa will be my other dork alongside Catria, Felicia, and Setsuna.

Spoiler

Also, kind of weird how she's like +Def Karel since she's supposed to be faster and more magically resistant before any resistance boosting weapons, but weaker, in attack, defense, and HP, than Joshua in Sacred Stones, right?

Well, in Heroes and compared to Heroes Joshua, she's faster, but only by 1 speed, she has 6 more HP, and she's weaker to magic by default.

Edited by Kaden

Spoiler

Marissa doesn't worry me at all. Her low attack is manageable with the right skills.

I do think Lyon will definitely get a refinement in the future. I'm curious as to what his skills are.

L'Arachel is the person who I think got screwed over by staying faithful to Ivaldi's effect of def+3 which doesn't really do much. Bladetoming her

The fandom reaction to the unit stats in some places just pisses me off. Apparently if a new unit doesn't have Ayra-tier stats, they're immediately underwhelming and "not worth pulling for"

The fanbase really only has itself to blame for the recent powercreep 

Hmmm...I will try pulling for Myrrh and Eirika2. Lyon is decent but Arvis and Katarina cover my infantry red tome needs just fine. L ‘Arachel is okay, I guess. As for Marisa...I really don’t care for her so I guess I’ll eventually fodder her. 

@Korath88Well, many of them are a little too passionate about esports...

Edited by Lord-Zero

31 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

The fandom reaction to the unit stats in some places just pisses me off. Apparently if a new unit doesn't have Ayra-tier stats, they're immediately underwhelming and "not worth pulling for"

The fanbase really only has itself to blame for the recent powercreep 

So true. We've yet to see their base kit even.

People complain about power creep and they complain about not getting power creep. They should really make up their minds.

Spoiler

Funny thing is that I was expecting Marissa to have high HP because for some reason I thought she'd be a natural at panic ploy

On one hand, Ivaldi giving extra Def is basically useless considering L'Arachel's stats. On the other hand... it is true to how it was in SS, where it gave +5 Def, and L'arachel's garbage Def is true to her own growths, so props to Heroes for keeping things mostly true to the source here.
...Well, for keeping one horse mage true to her base game, at least...

Gleipnirika's being true to Sacred Stones too! Eirika could learn Dark Magic there too with a glitch, so it's not too much of a stretch to give her Magvel's ultimate Dark tome.

do wish she'd been saved until after CYL (so she could get this if she won, and if she lost, they could just put her on a banner with alts for other non-winners IntSys had cool ideas for, maybe as a what-if banner of some kind. Or maybe just put her on a banner with other glitch-based alts, like a Farfetched Heroes banner for glitches... Are there enough glitches that could result in units for that to work?), but I can't complain too much about seeing another red mage cavalier.

And after seeing Marisa's skills, I'm definitely keeping one and foddering one off.

Spoiler

Mildly disappointed she didn't come with Shamshir, but Wo Dao+ is alright too. If only she'd been on the banner, so she could drop to 4-Star.

And Infantry Pulse coming off 55 HP (Marisa with HP/DEF 2 hits 50 HP, so any Wo Dao+ refinement puts her at 55 HP) is pretty good. Gonna have to get the Panic Ploy Sacred Seal so I can run both off her strange high HP stat. And gonna give her Bonfire so she can do 26 extra damage every other combat. Also either Vantage or Desperation, since I'm pretty sure with her high HP and good DEF and SPD (especially if I go for the SPD refine for her Wo Dao+ so she can hit 39) should let her survive a round of combat against most physical attackers so she can get into range.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

All the Sacred Stones characters are pretty good, except Seth, as someone mentioned on GFaqs. Sacred Stones characters deserve the best, since they, well, are the best (sorry Nino)!

Edited by Jaafers

Spent nearly 200 orbs sniping for red. I got pity broken by Karel half way through and when I had only 9 orbs left I panicked. Spent 5 orbs and got a +spd -res Gleipneirika. God does exist.

Edited by silveraura25

The TT can't come soon enough! Now I need to get onto the CC (which I'm a bit scared about because Book II 4-5 is a dangerous map and Surtr with boosted stats makes me tremble in fear). I want to start training my Eirikalter but there's no double SP right now which makes it a bad idea.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah and even more surprising, he apparently has Life and Death 3 as a 4*. The age of Hanacide is over, it seems.

What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm dead