Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Mackc2 said:

I agree, I am very happy that they started to dig into the morals of some of the characters, I have far more respect for Alphonse now, also nice to see Xander back 

When he appeared I was like "Oh that's right. He stayed behind.". And then Veronica seemed to put her lesson from Seth to good use.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

@Frenzify @Vaximillian

Beruka still best tank girl :D

And Myrrh is a case where it's good thing flier's can't learn Steady Breath.

Between this chapter and how good he was in the mini-TT, I'm sure a few people are warming up to Alfonse now. 

Also didn't they mention Lyon's tome or something in the last SS Paralogue? Feels like a missed opportunity that they didn't actively mention that in this chapter.

It's nice to see Alfonse being good at something. There's a reason he's not on the bench people. Also Veronica already trying to push an immovable object. This cannot end well.

Also, recent banners have been quite disappointing: I got way too lucky with the NY banner, because I've got nothing off the SS banner so far and the RD banner led to 5* Jakob and Rebecca. Bit of a joke since then, but the worst part is that Sothe got dropped to 4*, he was half the reason I was pulling that banner and I got those two instead. Gacha is a mistake.

Edited by Dayni

24 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@Frenzify @Vaximillian

Beruka still best tank girl :D

And Myrrh is a case where it's good thing flier's can't learn Steady Breath.

Between this chapter and how good he was in the mini-TT, I'm sure a few people are warming up to Alfonse now. 

Also didn't they mention Lyon's tome or something in the last SS Paralogue? Feels like a missed opportunity that they didn't actively mention that in this chapter.

Time to throw in a vote in CYL for Beruka, so she can win and get even tankier. Anyway, I do kind of want Myrrh, too. Maybe it's because she's another flying green tank, and I like my flying units, or maybe it's because she's an adorable flying manakete. Who knows?

It's also pretty funny that people are talking about how the story has gotten better, whilst this was the one chapter I decided to just skip through, so I could get my orbs. My bad, I guess. xD

I promoted Alfonse back to summer and since then (and thanks to the improve in the chapters quality) I have the same feeling I got in the past with other lords as Marth o Eliwood. At the start I didn't like them, but using them gave me a different vision of the character. In fact, Alfonse has a good vanilla set, just throw him Axebreaker and an assist and you're set for an Arena bonus unit.

Also, Xander appearing again in the story wasn't something I was expecting, but that's cool. Maybe that explains why is there so many seasonal Xanders (or that he has finished his holidays with Camus to come for the rerun hahaha). 

1 hour ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Luckily, I also pulled two Myrrhs, making one a useful unit (I really like Myrrh) and the other one ready to be foddered to another dragon, when the right time comes (merging her to +10 is an impossibility, not like Fae, of which I got two more copies as well, while hunting Myrrh). @Ice Dragon I know you play on a whole other level than me, but since you helped nicely last time, I have now the choice of merging my Fae into +6 with the two extra copies, but find myself struggling with the decision on what bane to keep. All of them are +Att and I have the choice of keeping -Def or switching to -HP or -Spd. I find all of them to have some benefits, but also significant downsides.

-HP seems her most bulkiest variation in most situations (not just against Lance), but since I also use Panic Ploy and QR, this would seem the least optimal as the skills would be less effective. / -Def has been fine till now, but I do feel she takes a bit too much damage against physical attackers, when it's not blue, mostly bows and axes (ideally, you just put her against blue units, but sometimes, one has to put her somewhere less optimal) / -Spd seems fine as well, considering she gets doubled in Arena anyways, but she is just high enough that she sometimes does not get doubled in Story, TT, CC, etc.). I feel I would miss those 3 Speed in the long run. Her breath is DEF-refined. Since a merge is irreversible, I kinda wanted some input, before deciding. My tendency is to keep -DEF, but I still have doubts.

I'm currently using -Def on mine with a Triangle Adept build and a Def refine on Lightning Breath+, but my Fae is specifically used against blue units only (colorless and green only if I absolutely have to, but Nowi and Tiki normally handle those).

If you are using Triangle Adept, -HP gives her the most sustain because Def and Res are more important to a mixed Triangle Adept build, but as you mention, you're using her for Panic Ploy. My choice of -Def was made by noting that Effie only hit for single digits against Triangle Adept Fae (with Fortify Dragons up) even with -Def with both units at +10.

15 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Also, Xander appearing again in the story wasn't something I was expecting, but that's cool. Maybe that explains why is there so many seasonal Xanders (or that he has finished his holidays with Camus to come for the rerun hahaha). 

Well, given the known upcoming schedule, the likely Grand Hero Battle schedule is

• Lyon (known)
  • Valter (known)
  • Zephiel
  • Xander
  • Arvis
  • Lloyd (maybe)
  • Camus

Way to go, Alfonse. You're doing me proud. He was my first Askr promotion, and I never once regretted it. I honestly enjoy using him on my Arena teams. If the Askrs get any sort of weapon refinement, I'll give him the special treatment first!

Alfonse was my first Askr promotion, too. I've given him a Brave Sword+ for when I want to try player phase builds, but he's back to his normal weapon atm so I can use him against axes in AA :)

I just wish his inbuilt sword skill wasn't something that needs to be at low HP. I don't like working at low HP -.-

I really enjoyed this story chapter. It really helped develop all the characters, including the mostly forgotten Xander. It seems to be setting up Laevi to join us, too.

I was still sad to see no Bruno, so I hope they're saving up something nice to him.

Also, wow, Lyon's art. I was never that keen on him from his art in SS, but heck, I think this is changing my mind :O

Looking forward to snagging me a Lyon tomorrow. He'll be 5*'red asap :D

I love how they improve some characters in this chapter Alfonse definitely needed it so bad will it continue is the question. Also Sutr is so dark like damn....he's definitely a good villain how terrifying he is. Like that Xander is still Veronicas closest bodyguard still like that he's still involved that's nice plus Veronica is questioning her alliance still good! Also lol Loki is a masochist! Laevatein is definitely gonna get character development soon from what it looks like hopefully I'm a fan of her!

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

4 hours ago, Frenzify said:

It kind of baffles me that even now with a dragon flier, Beruka still has the highest defence amongst the fliers.

To be fair, it was the only one of her two good stats in Fates, the other being Skl. Her Str rested on Wyvern Rider's good graces, and her Speed was terrible (average at best with a Fighter reclass).

I have yet to spend orbs on the Sacred Stones banner because I want to focus on the new year Banner, and I finally got this: 

She’s unfortunately- Atk, + Def, but it’ll have to do. Even though I don’t like Camilla terribly much, I wanted her because she’s a lot less sexy than her other designs. ( I really cannot stand big breasts. 

On the other note, my first maxed out unit: 

BF8107FF-93E0-40E4-A01F-68BF1EEF3AD5.png

607FB172-D1A9-4606-A98E-C2DB1F5BF4A8.png

I have yet to spend orbs on the Sacred Stones banner because I want to focus on the new year Banner, and I finally got this: 

She’s unfortunately- Atk, + Def, but it’ll have to do. Even though I don’t like Camilla terribly much, I wanted her because she’s a lot less sexy than her other designs. ( I really cannot stand big breasts. 

On the other note, my first maxed out unit: 

34 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

BF8107FF-93E0-40E4-A01F-68BF1EEF3AD5.png

It's the least sexy she has been in actual years, and somehow she is still over-the-top.

The new story chapter was surprisingly interesting. I'm glad the story is taking a turn for the better, and hopefully they continue to update it more often.

These were also some pretty fun new maps. Watching my newly-built DC Camilla smash lots of stuff in the chapters and CCs was nice. She sure showed Loki on the last map who has the better pair of.. uh.. heels.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Well, given the known upcoming schedule, the likely Grand Hero Battle schedule is

• Lyon (known)
  • Valter (known)
  • Zephiel
  • Xander
  • Arvis
  • Lloyd (maybe)
  • Camus

RIP the +4 Clarisse dream anytime soon :(

50 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

The new story chapter was surprisingly interesting. I'm glad the story is taking a turn for the better, and hopefully they continue to update it more often.

These were also some pretty fun new maps. Watching my newly-built DC Camilla smash lots of stuff in the chapters and CCs was nice. She sure showed Loki on the last map who has the better pair of.. uh.. heels.

It seems like as of Book 2, the pattern is for each month's new unit banner to have a story chapter, which is nice. In Book 1, we got 12 new unit banners (counting Alm's/Celica's Army as one, and not counting Brave Heroes) and only 4 of them had new story chapters rather than paralogues.

The new chapter was interesting. Xander is still loyal to Veronica and she’s taking Seth’s words to heart, it seems. Did it change my opinion on Alphonse? No. He’s okay but I’m not making him a 5* anytime soon. Same with Sharena and Anna. 

Speaking of CYL, I for one expect the Tellius characters to do awfully. The Tellius games were the worst in the series, and now it seems that the people who liked Tellius were a tiny, but very vocal, fanbase. GBA characters and 3DS characters are way more popular. I see very little support for CYL 2 in comparison. And I hope that IS knows that the only reason Judgral characters aren't more popular is because they are JP only and have yet to receive remakes. Tellius was a real low point for the series, and I am glad that the FE fanbase as a whole is finally realizing.

Edited by Jaafers

Well true it is obvious the handheld games/characters are clearly very popular. Outside few obvious popular Tellius characters in general the other characters don't do very well and yeah I agree Tellius was pretty much in the dark age of FE until the resurgence from Awakening so I do see the point across.

14 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Well true it is obvious the handheld games/characters are clearly very popular. Outside few obvious popular Tellius characters in general the other characters don't do very well and yeah I agree Tellius was pretty much in the dark age of FE until the resurgence from Awakening so I do see the point across.

Yup, its like besides Ike, who has Smash Bros and Smash Bros only to thank, Tellius falls behind every other entry in recent years, including Fates, Awakening, Sacred Stone, and FE 7. Heck, Lyn wasn't even in Smash Bros. (besides a minor role as an Assist Trophy) and she got only a few thousand votes less than Ike. 

If Ike wasn't in Smash, he probably wouldn't have even made top 10, especially if we take the vote splitting between the Tellius games into account.

9 minutes ago, Jaafers said:

Tellius was a real low point for the series, and I am glad that the FE fanbase as a whole is finally realizing.

If you're talking about marketing and sales then you're right about that. It doesn't take a genius to find that out smartass. Especially the circumstances surrounding the lack of sales which can be found out with Youtube videos or articles online. The games were good. It was IS's decisions involving marketing, selecting which system to have PoR on and marketing of both games that led them to have bad sales. And if you're gonna tell me that RD had lackluster reviews, hate to break it to you: everyone went for hard mode because of a translation error.

@Jaafers

Tellius managed to get 12 of the top 100 places despite split votes (8 unique characters) despite being over a decade old and not having had a recent remake. Also 3 more characters just outside of top 100 (Haar at 104, Titania at 107, and Elincia at 112), none of whom are duplicates of characters in the top 100 (so 11 unique character in top 112).

I honestly want to see you substantiate your claims with some numbers because I'm not seeing whatever it is you're seeing.