Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

So what's the sensible F2P unit to give the axe to? Just quickly scrolling through the statlines on Gamepress for horses and fliers it looks like Summer Seth maybe? Don't see anyone else until I get to OG Titania. Fliers are awkward because I only see Young Minerva and she'll eventually get her own refine.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

@Humanoid Ninja Hana, Pirate Lifis, Ninja Shamir, Resplendent Raven, and Summer Seth. Hana, Lifis, and Shamir have identical offenses, but with Shamir scoring higher than the other two in the Arena. Raven trades 2 more Atk for 1 less Spd, but scores much lower than the others. Seth is the best fast F2P cavalry axe, but even then, his stats at +10 are only slightly better than a premium unit at +0, so he'll end up still losing overall due to premium units generally having better exclusive weapons and exclusive skills.

Anna is also an okay choice if you want an easier time doing quests with her, just like how Alfonse is an okay choice for Arcane Eljudnir.

Young Minerva is the only fast F2P axe flier in the gameĀ and is a potential choice if you can't wait for her refine 14 months from now, but her default weapon is already almost as good, so I don't think it's worth giving it to her.

The only reasons to give it to anyone else areĀ favoritism or if you absolutely don't have any of the faster premium units of the unit's class.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

The only reasons to give it to anyone else areĀ favoritism or if you absolutely don't have any of the faster premium units of the unit's class.

Thanks, it's purely theoretical musing for now but good info if/when anything happens. I mean, I still log in to do free summons and other trivial content now and then so I suppose I might theoretically get a free or near-free Ganglot. Unlikely but, well, I did get a free Rearmed Lif so lightning could strike twice. (I've managed to resist foddering off the sword to Palla so far)

While it's unlikely I'll meaningfully use melee infantry ever again, I did scroll through the list sorted by BST, saw that Shez, Atlas and Shamir were all in the top four slots, and figured that there'll be suitable infantry candidates continually added to the game such that a decision would be fairly easy when the time comes.

Edited by Humanoid

Good to see that this month will continue the pattern of having one Rearmed/Ascended slot go to an OC, so we should still get four other units. Hopefully that pattern continues on any future banners with both... the OC pattern didn't last long with Ascendeds last year, but we can still hope.

Ganglot is now the first Rearmed Hero who isn't an alt, which names the "Rearmed" name feel rather weird. Why not call them Arcane Heroes?

2 hours ago, Othin said:

the OC pattern didn't last long with Ascendeds last year, but we can still hope.

New unit types that start withĀ HeroesĀ characters historically don't stay that way very long.

We got 2Ā HeroesĀ Legendary Heroes followed by 10 characters from the main series, and we got 1 HeroesĀ Mythic Hero followed by 4 characters from the main series (even if 55% of our current Mythic Heroes are HeroesĀ characters).

Ā 

2 hours ago, Othin said:

Ganglot is now the first Rearmed Hero who isn't an alt, which names the "Rearmed" name feel rather weird. Why not call them Arcane Heroes?

Because the localization team doesn't think that far in advance, hence why "Swift Sparrow" and "Steady Posture" are a thing and why the Distant/Close Counter + Push/Stance skill names are such a mess.

For context, Arcane weapons and Rearmed Heroes are referred to by the same terminology in Japanese ("魔å™Ø"Ā (maki), "magic weapon", and "魔å™Ø英雄"Ā (maki eiyÅ«),Ā "magic weapon hero"), whereas Arcane Inheritance is the one that is different (ē‰¹ę®Šē¶™ę‰æ,Ā tokushu keishō, "special inheritance").

48 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

New unit types that start withĀ HeroesĀ characters historically don't stay that way very long.

We got 2Ā HeroesĀ Legendary Heroes followed by 10 characters from the main series, and we got 1 HeroesĀ Mythic Hero followed by 4 characters from the main series (even if 55% of our current Mythic Heroes are HeroesĀ characters).

Ā 

Because the localization team doesn't think that far in advance, hence why "Swift Sparrow" and "Steady Posture" are a thing and why the Distant/Close Counter + Push/Stance skill names are such a mess.

For context, Arcane weapons and Rearmed Heroes are referred to by the same terminology in Japanese ("魔å™Ø"Ā (maki), "magic weapon", and "魔å™Ø英雄"Ā (maki eiyÅ«),Ā "magic weapon hero"), whereas Arcane Inheritance is the one that is different (ē‰¹ę®Šē¶™ę‰æ,Ā tokushu keishō, "special inheritance").

True, but they have been increasing the number of OCs on New Heroes banners in recent years. Even if they want some months to not have an OC, they could use just one of the special unit types... or, now that I think about it, the alt implications in "Rearmed Heroes" being a translation error suggests that they could introduce new characters as Rearmed Heroes - or, more accurately, Arcane Heroes.

You'd think two months would be enough warning to figure out this sort of thing, especially since the issue has some up before.

Edited by Othin

8 hours ago, Othin said:

That would clearly make way too much sense

The next Resplendent Hero is Jotunheim Mia:

chara_img_00001011000189_01.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00001011000189_02.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00001011000189_03.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00001011000189_04.png

Her art is pretty solid, as is usual for Resplendent outfits, though her hair in the idle and damaged art makes her head look big.

Ā 

Her stats are actually pretty decent, as she has 45-/39/47/35-/32+ with maximum Dragonflowers and the Resplendent boost. Her lack of a superboon in Spd means that she falls one point behind Resplendent Karla and only ties with Mareeta, Duo Eirika, and Fallen Ike. Her Atk is on the low side, though.

Mia's biggest problem is that her default weapon is only really good for wall breaking, given that it's basically just a Wo Dao with 26 Mt and no Spd boost, and trying to run her with a more typical build forces her to run something like Rein Sword or a slower build with Arcane Eljudnir.

Resplendent Karla is still better by miles, but at least Mia isĀ usable, unlike many of the other recent picks.

Ā 

Nidavellir Nephenee next, please?

Edited by Ice Dragon

Yo, letā€™s go!Ā This will put my Mia at +7.

6 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Did they change Mia's VA again? Because she sounds different... I guess this may be the same VA of Young Mia?

Iā€™m going to assume that we have Anne Yatco again. It wouldnā€™t make much sense for it be Lani Minella after theyā€™ve replaced her twice.

Though while weā€™re talking about recasts, Jaffar (in English) got recast to Mordecaiā€™s VA (Jason Vande Brake).

On 11/9/2022 at 3:44 AM, Othin said:

Good to see that this month will continue the pattern of having one Rearmed/Ascended slot go to an OC, so we should still get four other units. Hopefully that pattern continues on any future banners with both... the OC pattern didn't last long with Ascendeds last year, but we can still hope.

I believe they're Rearmed because they "rearm" themselves when you inherit their skills, but yeah, Arcane would have been the smarter pick.

11 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

It looks like Mia's head pasted on the body of a character from some near-future sci-fi anime. She wasn't in TMS:FE was she? šŸ˜›

Mia wasn't in TMS (as far as I know), but a character that looked like Ilyana was so the game did have a Tellius cameo.

Has anyone seen FEH's new YouTube vid spending a day with chibi Eir? It was actually pretty cute, even if you're not that into Eir. ^_^

Spoiler

The part with Xander and Bruno was weirdly hilarious. XD And it wasĀ fun seeing Marth and Gatekeeper being cordial. Reminds me a bit of that skit I wrote after it was announced that they were the CYL winners. The music box thing was kind of pretty, and then Gunnthra and Fjorm were just so random. XD And Lif... "WOOSH!" XD

Ā 

Today we got the Legendary & Mythic Hero Remix banner and... well, I didn't expect what they did to the future reruns. They moved a lot of heroes around, and made them earlier than they were scheduled.

From this banner: Eliwood, Ike, Ephraim, Azura and Yune will be returning in March, while Eir is returning in May.

From others Legendaries/Mythics from future remix banners: Hector andĀ  Sothis were moved to February, while Julia, Eirika, Lucina, Naga, HrĆ­d and Robin were moved to March.

So the schedule looks like this:

w8901afnbvz91.png

Colors having 3-4 Heroes in a certain Remix Banner's color...

One idea I saw on the comments to this image on Reddit was having two remixes banners, one for each remixed hero (example: in February, one banner for Peony's Remix and another banner for Thrasir's Remix, and then divide all those heroes between the two banners).

11 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Today we got the Legendary & Mythic Hero Remix banner and... well, I didn't expect what they did to the future reruns. They moved a lot of heroes around, and made them earlier than they were scheduled.

From this banner: Eliwood, Ike, Ephraim, Azura and Yune will be returning in March, while Eir is returning in May.

From others Legendaries/Mythics from future remix banners: Hector andĀ  Sothis were moved to February, while Julia, Eirika, Lucina, Naga, HrĆ­d and Robin were moved to March.

So the schedule looks like this:

w8901afnbvz91.png

Colors having 3-4 Heroes in a certain Remix Banner's color...

One idea I saw on the comments to this image on Reddit was having two remixes banners, one for each remixed hero (example: in February, one banner for Peony's Remix and another banner for Thrasir's Remix, and then divide all those heroes between the two banners).

Interesting.

Something to consider is that by the time we reach their scheduled reruns, it's likely that Celica, Lif, Chrom, and Mila will be moved to the remix banners. The next batch of remix shifts will probably include Bramimond and Edelgard as well, but it's looking like that change will happen after their scheduled November/January reruns - probably starting in February.

11 hours ago, Othin said:

Interesting.

Something to consider is that by the time we reach their scheduled reruns, it's likely that Celica, Lif, Chrom, and Mila will be moved to the remix banners. The next batch of remix shifts will probably include Bramimond and Edelgard as well, but it's looking like that change will happen after their scheduled November/January reruns - probably starting in February.

Indeed. Looking at the calendar, we can deduce that:

• November 2022's banner will be Bramimond's last Legendary Hero Banner. His next rerun should be in a Remix
  • January 2023's banner will be Edelgard's last Legendary/Mythic Hero Banner. Her next rerun should be in a Remix.
  • Peony is scheduled for February's Remix Banner, and it's probably his refinement and remix in that month.
  • Chrom is scheduled for February's Remix banner, alongside Peony and Julia.
  • Celica is scheduled for March's Remix banner, alongside Yune. And I will also guess that is the month she will get her refinement and remix.
  • LĆ­f is scheduled for May's Remix Banner, and it's probably his refinement and remix in that month.
  • It's possible that the list for heroes moved to Remixes could include Mila (being from Peony to Mila), so she could also appear in March's Remix Banner instead of being in March's Legendary/Mythic Banner.

Some information from the datamine:

Spoiler

The next forma units are:

• Nailah:Ā Blessed Queen
  • Rafiel: Blessed Wings
  • Tibarn: Shipless Pirate
  • Dheginsea; Harvest Goldoan

We are getting a Black Friday banner, called "New Heroes Return: Ascendants", with free summon tickets. With this name, my guess is a banner with four Ascendent Heroes as focus.

We are also getting some Black Friday Orb Packs:

• 10 Orbs - $2.99 (2 per person)
  • 49 Orbs + 1 Ticket - $21.99Ā (3 per person)
  • 79 Orbs + 60 Flier Dragonflowers + Duo Hinoka - $36.99Ā (2 per person)
  • 125 Orbs + 1 Wind Blessing + 120 Infantry Dragonflowers + Legendary Corrin - $54.99Ā (1 per person)

Ā 

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Some information from the datamine:

Spoiler

Another Hall of Forms with no Grail unit. Bleh.

Ascended Hero banner seems pretty cool, even if I'll be pulling only until the spark.

On the one hand, the Duo Hinoka orb pack slightly annoys me because I had just pulled for a +10 Duo Hinoka on her most recent banner rerun (though I did have good luck on that banner). On the other hand, free S/R Far Trace fodder is great.

We're nowhere near Legendary Corrin's remix (she's 14th in line or something like that), but I won't say no to free units, even if they'll be useless to me for another year or two.

Ā 

It's hard to keep track of Remixes and the original release dates for the Legendary/ Mythic Heroes. Does anyone have a rough estimate for when Triandra will be moved to the Remix rotation? She released at the end of Book 4, but I have no idea what that translates to here. Thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:
Spoiler

We are getting a Black Friday banner, called "New Heroes Return: Ascendants", with free summon tickets. With this name, my guess is a banner with four Ascendent Heroes as focus.

Ā 

Spoiler

Ooh, interesting! I imagine Fjorm and Laegjarn are out since they got a Hero Fest earlier this year and I wouldn't be surprised if Idunn is also out due to the recent rerun, but she's also a really popular unit so this could go either way. Apart from that, this may be a good chance to get Joshua and/ or Vital Astra fodder.

...if there's also a spark available. My Orbs aren't ready for another dive into sparkless pulling territory. Did the datamine say there would be a spark, since tickets don't always mean there'll be one available (case in point, the Rearmed Hero DSH banner two months ago).

Thanks for the info, Diovani!

13 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

It's hard to keep track of Remixes and the original release dates for the Legendary/ Mythic Heroes. Does anyone have a rough estimate for when Triandra will be moved to the Remix rotation? She released at the end of Book 4, but I have no idea what that translates to here. Thanks in advance!

Ā  Hide contents

Ooh, interesting! I imagine Fjorm and Laegjarn are out since they got a Hero Fest earlier this year and I wouldn't be surprised if Idunn is also out due to the recent rerun, but she's also a really popular unit so this could go either way. Apart from that, this may be a good chance to get Joshua and/ or Vital Astra fodder.

...if there's also a spark available. My Orbs aren't ready for another dive into sparkless pulling territory. Did the datamine say there would be a spark, since tickets don't always mean there'll be one available (case in point, the Rearmed Hero DSH banner two months ago).

Thanks for the info, Diovani!

My guess for Triandra's rotation change is August 2023, assuming the timing and batch size stays consistent, since it looks like the next batch will be going up to Mila in February 2023. But if any batches end up smaller than expected, Triandra could end up later.

11 hours ago, Othin said:

My guess for Triandra's rotation change is August 2023, assuming the timing and batch size stays consistent, since it looks like the next batch will be going up to Mila in February 2023. But if any batches end up smaller than expected, Triandra could end up later.

Got it, thank you very much! I guess there's also a non-zero chance of Triandra getting into a future Hero Fest too, so I'll cross my fingers for that as well. Thank you again!

I didn't expect Summer Eirika to appear in this DSH, and I confess i didn't like it.

Looks like they didn't want Dimitri to have a meh share with Ilyana, so they skipped him and put Eirika instead which took her share with Tana next year... Honestly, that was Three Houses bias acting again, imo.