Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Hrrmmm maybe I should finally find a lets play of that game since i always seem to be spoiled by bits of pieces of it throughout... 

Heard its good though but don't have time to play it

also wow Celica banner has some interesting units and skills. Sorry, Ike you've elided me far too long and i only have 3 orbs now anyway, time to save up for more orbs again

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

10 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Hrrmmm maybe I should finally find a lets play of that game since i always seem to be spoiled by bits of pieces of it throughout... 

Heard its good though but don't have time to play it

also wow Celica banner has some interesting units and skills. Sorry, Ike you've elided me far too long and i only have 3 orbs now anyway, time to save up for more orbs again

Yes, pull for our wonderful queen who gets +5 Atk/Spd and +6 Def/Res when baiting at full health.

6 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I don't even remember why he had to kill Sigurd. Mind explaining it in spoilers?

I actually don't remember most of FE4 characters besides Shanan or whatever with Balmung :P

I've only gotten to I think chapter 7, which ironically is

Spoiler

Where u get Shanan

Ok, quick summary of the first half of genealogy here goes. DO NOT READ THIS IF U DONT WANT MAJOR SPOILERS FOR GENEALOGY!

Spoiler

Sigurds country is invaded while the army is off fighting a war. Sigurd must defend it on his own and ends up pursueing the attackers into their territory and taking over their country. Next he is attacked by another country bordering the two, and he defends against and eventually conquers that country, although not intentionally, and one of his good friends Eldigan is killed in the process.

At this point a rumor starts that he wants to become King of his own country (called Grannvale I think) so he has to flee to Silesse, Lewyns home country. A civil war there tears the country apart and Sigurd decides its best to leave so that Silesse doesn't become involved in the feud between Sigurd and his home.

Through political backstabbing Arvis is now in charge of the country, and has married Deirdre, Sigurds wife, after kidnapping her and wiping her memory with the help of the black cult. Sigurd fights his way towards the capital until suddenly Arvis' troops turn on the remainder of the Grannvale army, and Sigurd is welcomed back with open arms. 

Arvis tells Sigurd that he knew all along that one of the other lords had killed the King's son all along, and that Sigurd was innocent. He insists on giving Sigurd's army a march in celebration of their heroics, but during the march entraps them. He shows Sigurd what happened to Dierdre and then the entire army is slaughtered.

At this point Sigurd was the only one strong enough to stop him from becoming emperor, as well as his army being the only ones to know Dierdre's backstory, so he had to eliminate them to secure his position. This is because the emperor-ship was passed through the blood of Naga, so it wasn't his line that became the leaders, it was Dierdre's. So in order to become emperor he had to marry her.

Lol not actually that quick a summary. But hopefully that was what u we're looking for. 

31 minutes ago, immatx said:

I knew it was going to happen because of spoilers, but i never imagined it happening like that. The feeling of dread as I saw everyone lined up was awful. And then Dierdre came out.....

And that's not including how Quan and Ethlyn died ;_;

Ok, changing topics! Thoughts on Wrathful Staff? I think Ice Dragon saw that coming.

15 minutes ago, immatx said:

I've only gotten to I think chapter 7, which ironically is

Reveal hidden contents

Where u get Shanan

Ok, quick summary of the first half of genealogy here goes. DO NOT READ THIS IF U DONT WANT MAJOR SPOILERS FOR GENEALOGY!

Reveal hidden contents

Sigurds country is invaded while the army is off fighting a war. Sigurd must defend it on his own and ends up pursueing the attackers into their territory and taking over their country. Next he is attacked by another country bordering the two, and he defends against and eventually conquers that country, although not intentionally, and one of his good friends Eldigan is killed in the process.

At this point a rumor starts that he wants to become King of his own country (called Grannvale I think) so he has to flee to Silesse, Lewyns home country. A civil war there tears the country apart and Sigurd decides its best to leave so that Silesse doesn't become involved in the feud between Sigurd and his home.

Through political backstabbing Arvis is now in charge of the country, and has married Deirdre, Sigurds wife, after kidnapping her and wiping her memory with the help of the black cult. Sigurd fights his way towards the capital until suddenly Arvis' troops turn on the remainder of the Grannvale army, and Sigurd is welcomed back with open arms. 

Arvis tells Sigurd that he knew all along that one of the other lords had killed the King's son all along, and that Sigurd was innocent. He insists on giving Sigurd's army a march in celebration of their heroics, but during the march entraps them. He shows Sigurd what happened to Dierdre and then the entire army is slaughtered.

At this point Sigurd was the only one strong enough to stop him from becoming emperor, as well as his army being the only ones to know Dierdre's backstory, so he had to eliminate them to secure his position. This is because the emperor-ship was passed through the blood of Naga, so it wasn't his line that became the leaders, it was Dierdre's. So in order to become emperor he had to marry her.

Lol not actually that quick a summary. But hopefully that was what u we're looking for. 

Thanks!

8 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

And that's not including how Quan and Ethlyn died ;_;

Ok, changing topics! Thoughts on Wrathful Staff? I think Ice Dragon saw that coming.

THAT WAS SO FRUSTRATING OMG I PANICKED SO MUCH I THOUGHT IT WAS CAUSE I TOOK TO LONG MOVING MY UNITS DOWN!!!

Err, anyway, yeah, lets change topics. Back to Heroes

Edit: also I regretted not training up quan so much in that moment......

Edited by immatx

17 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Ok, changing topics! Thoughts on Wrathful Staff?

Wrathful Staff is a huge boon for healers, since it puts their decent base Atk to good use, especially with Assault. Genny will probably be outclassed with it if she has less than 32 base Atk or doesn't have Spd to compensate, sadly, but that won't stop me from using her

Elise, Clarine, and Priscilla all stand out the most for being potential users of it as they can use cavalry buffs to do buffed magical damage that isn't affected by the weapon triangle. This is huge, considering that archers and daggers have been the only real source of colorless damage up to this point. Lucius also stands out for his base Atk and passable Spd, as well, though his Def is spectacularly poor.

Great skill overall, and definitely worth using over Live to Serve as most healers don't want to be near any combat to begin with.

5 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Wrathful Staff is a huge boon for healers, since it puts their decent base Atk to good use, especially with Assault. Genny will probably be outclassed with it if she has less than 32 base Atk or doesn't have Spd to compensate, sadly, but that won't stop me from using her

Elise, Clarine, and Priscilla all stand out the most for being potential users of it as they can use cavalry buffs to do buffed magical damage that isn't affected by the weapon triangle. This is huge, considering that archers and daggers have been the only real source of colorless damage up to this point. Lucius also stands out for his base Atk and passable Spd, as well, though his Def is spectacularly poor.

Great skill overall, and definitely worth using over Live to Serve as most healers don't want to be near any combat to begin with.

Genny will have 0 in every other stat but 145 Atk and 15 HP

I'm not sure about the loss of sustain that healers usually have. Perhaps it doesn't matter much for Arena? The Martyr staff might be something to consider over Rehabilitate now, though.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

48 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Sounds good, mounted healers will make good use of it. However, there are a lot of raven tomes and ta3 units, which will hurt them a lot. Still, it's refreshing to see healers get new options. For instance, my Mist has like 900 sp and I have 0 cool skills available.

Also, how does the owl tomes work? They seem pretty potent: if they give +2 to each stat per unit adjacent to the user then a +6 to every stat seems ridic. However, idk if it'll work as a visible or invisible buff. I think it'll work as spur skills given that 10atk on owl+ tomes is kinda low.

= EDIT =

Yup, Gronnowl grants spur effect because its description says "during combat". Add a clusterfuck of buffs and fury and it'll make a unit pretty stronk. +9 on everything, dayum

Edited by Quintessence

1 hour ago, Quintessence said:

Sounds good, mounted healers will make good use of it. However, there are a lot of raven tomes and ta3 units, which will hurt them a lot. Still, it's refreshing to see healers get new options. For instance, my Mist has like 900 sp and I have 0 cool skills available.

Also, how does the owl tomes work? They seem pretty potent: if they give +2 to each stat per unit adjacent to the user then a +6 to every stat seems ridic. However, idk if it'll work as a visible or invisible buff. I think it'll work as spur skills given that 10atk on owl+ tomes is kinda low.

-Raven has a good chance of becoming more popular, since they had niche but valuable coverage against only daggers and bows, but now there's even more reason to consider using them! I like this change. Boey seems like he'd use Gronnraven extremely well if his Def is at least above average.

-Owl seems strictly worse compared to -Blade, since you need a +3 buff to match its damage, with the added downside of being more positionally strict. Owl gives +6 Atk / Spd / Def / Res on top of any other Spurs your units have, but you're still spending the actions of all those other units, and there's no real synergy with a Dancer.  I wouldn't use them. However, there is potential if they add Barons--or Mage Generals--to the game, since Close Counter / Quick Riposte would be a replay of the Wall of Fire and Sharp things, a la Ice Dragon. Goad and Ward are great skills, especiall with Armors since they tend to stick together. Maybe -Owl will be more viable in the future.

1 hour ago, Sias said:

Did I just miss it or was there no announcement this time about getting orbs after certain thresholds in the voting gauntlet have been met?

Read the announcement again, they mention hitting the milestones for orb rewards.

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I'm not sure about the loss of sustain that healers usually have. Perhaps it doesn't matter much for Arena? The Martyr staff might be something to consider over Rehabilitate now, though.

160 rating (170 after Assault) is actually way too high for a ranged unit, let alone a healer.

Powercreep

EDIT: Bold. I can't math.

Edited by MrSmokestack

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

160 rating (170 after Assault) is actually way too high for a ranged unit, let alone a healer.

Powercreep

It makes up for having a zero in everything else, so it's okay

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

It makes up for having a zero in everything else, so it's okay

Y̶o̶u̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶?̶ ̶I̶ ̶l̶o̶v̶e̶ ̶G̶e̶n̶n̶y̶,̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶I̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶I̶'̶l̶l̶ ̶l̶e̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶s̶l̶i̶d̶e̶.̶

8 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Read the announcement again, they mention hitting the milestones for orb rewards.

I must be getting old. Or sick. So I'd better get a nice healer next banner. Like Genny.

18 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Owl seems strictly worse compared to -Blade, since you need a +3 buff to match its damage, with the added downside of being more positionally strict. Owl gives +8 Atk / Spd / Def / Res on top of any other Spurs your units have, but you're still spending the actions of all those other units, and there's no real synergy with a Dancer.  I wouldn't use them. However, there is potential if they add Barons--or Mage Generals--to the game, since Close Counter / Quick Riposte would be a replay of the Wall of Fire and Sharp things, a la Ice Dragon. Goad and Ward are great skills, especiall with Armors since they tend to stick together. Maybe -Owl will be more viable in the future.

Hmm, I wouldn't jump so fast and conclude that it is strictly a worse blade tome, because blade tomes work more for player phases while owl tomes will be better for enemy phases and will make the unit much more tanky, which will be totally a nightmare for units with average stats or not using TA. For instance, I think owl users will be harder to kill than how easier it is nowadays to deal with blade users. The positioning restriction is its downside as it limits other units' actions, but in the end, blade/owl tome users demand people to be together everytime, and a whole team dedicated to them.

= EDIT =

Running some random calcs, assuming we have a defiant atk 3 unit that was harsh commanded after getting hit by a seal spd 3 silver dagger+ enemy, blade/owl mage will get max buff by 7 to each stat. Focusing on dmg, lets give 3 spur atks and blade mage will get +19 atk, +7 spd/def/res, and an added dmg of 28. On the other hand, owl mage will get +25 atk and +13 spd/def/res with 0 added dmg.

Edited by Quintessence

2 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

What about Emmeryn jokes

Those fell out of favor.

Seeing your avatar makes me wish I had Julia. Also, should probably finish Bravely Second.

On another note, annoyed that I have so many freaking units and the ones I'd like to focus on or have a ton of SP either I have no idea what I want to do with them or don't have them or units with skills for them. Gee, I wonder what I should do with Virion's almost 1k SP? Man, I sure love it if I had a Brave Bow to give him. Hone Speed on Virion would be kind of stupid since default Seal Speed and all... Would it? Kind of don't want to since Setsuna inherited Hone Speed from a 4* Matthew, so maybe Virion should have Fortify Def or something. I need to get rid of units and there's another 4* Matthew just sitting there. ARGH!!!

Oh, just remembered, something. T-Adept on Anna. I swear Ice Dragon mentioned it somewhere.

Just now, Kaden said:

Seeing your avatar makes me wish I had Julia.

huh

Just now, Kaden said:

Also, should probably finish Bravely Second.

DO IT NOOB

(noob is not meant as an insult but more like "homie" or whatever)

TA on Anna? But... Fury or L&D :0

8 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

huh

Same voice actress. She pretty much uses the same voice which I guess might be her normal voice like how Nolan North's normal voice is Deadpool, Desmond Miles, Nathan Drake, and a ton of other characters -- the ones where he is allowed to use his range, though, are amazing --, but with a different tone from the snippets I've heard of Julia talking.

8 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

TA on Anna? But... Fury or L&D :0

I want my Anna to be different. :p

No, not really, but T-Adept could help her out against physical blues since her defense is... lacking.

Couldn't find it, but I swear the post mentioning T-Adept was by Ice Dragon. Wait... I didn't search "anna, TA".

Edit: Nope, can't find it. @Ice Dragon, did you ever make a post about Anna with T-Adept?

Edited by Kaden

The way I play, it's common to focus on baiting with one character on a given turn and have ~2 other characters just crowd around them for spur bonuses. In that case, it's basically a 14 Mt weapon that gives +4 Spd/Def/Res: same Mt as a legendary tome and with a much more powerful effect. That's certainly a near-best-case scenario, but I'm surprised people seem to think it's so unusual. Playing really aggressively isn't usually necessary.

Blade tomes certainly have more potential on movement type teams, and the AI certainly won't get anywhere near as much use out of Owl tomes, but in the hands of a player, Owl tomes seem pretty great on many teams that can't use Blade tomes well.

4 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Still waiting for Sigurd to be released so I can start doing COOK UP LE MAN screenshots.

tumblr_inline_oog9jfFPQr1so6gii_500.png

(clickable for source)

Am I sorry? Absolutely not.

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

-Owl seems strictly worse compared to -Blade, since you need a +3 buff to match its damage, with the added downside of being more positionally strict. Owl gives +6 Atk / Spd / Def / Res on top of any other Spurs your units have, but you're still spending the actions of all those other units, and there's no real synergy with a Dancer.  I wouldn't use them. However, there is potential if they add Barons--or Mage Generals--to the game, since Close Counter / Quick Riposte would be a replay of the Wall of Fire and Sharp things, a la Ice Dragon. Goad and Ward are great skills, especiall with Armors since they tend to stick together. Maybe -Owl will be more viable in the future.

Owl has: a, a synergy with itself (Owl users like to be next to other Owl users, because other Owl users are also units), and b, -1 cd to specials compared to -Blades. Odin, for example, would love an Owl tome since it makes his defensive spread even more bonkers, and gives him access to Bonfire/Iceberg (depending on his boon) to explode things.

2 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Genny will have -7 HP at level 1 and 0 hp growth in exchange for 50 in all other stats. In order to run her at all you need to give her an HP +3 seal and HP +5 inheritance (via merging SP).

Edited by DehNutCase

1 hour ago, Quintessence said:

Hmm, I wouldn't jump so fast and conclude that it is strictly a worse blade tome, because blade tomes work more for player phases while owl tomes will be better for enemy phases and will make the unit much more tanky, which will be totally a nightmare for units with average stats or not using TA. For instance, I think owl users will be harder to kill than how easier it is nowadays to deal with blade users. The positioning restriction is its downside as it limits other units' actions, but in the end, blade/owl tome users demand people to be together everytime, and a whole team dedicated to them.

Fair enough, I'll chalk it up to a difference in playstyle then.

Simply put, I just don't think -Owl will be able to reach its full potential until later on.

-Blade does suffer for having mainly frail mages as its most popular users, which relegates it to hyper offense. However, you don't need to fully stack a -Blade to get its full effect--a simple Atk buff will do the majority of the time, and Spd can be thrown in for good measure. My Nino hits 57 Atk with just a Hone, and with Desperation the vast majority of threats are covered just fine.

Since Spur Atk is the most popular aura, assuming we run two (because any more than that takes away flexibility) for the most part we're looking at +12 Atk. This is fine until you realize dedicated support buffbots like Ephraim can add +14 to -Blade damage while also raising the unit's other stats. That's before considering the Mt deficit -Owl has already, as well as the number of units you can deploy. Why bring in 3 Spurs when you can take a single buffer that everyone can benefit from?

Minor nitpick, but Defiant buffs creep into gimmick territory, since there are other A skills to consider first that can be more applicable to most situations. What happens when your Owl can't tank? Safely setting up won't always be possible.

But you're right, it's too early to pass judgement on it though, so I'll let that meta unfold. There is a great deal of untapped potential with movement-type teams like Armor and Cavalry depending on what else gets released in the future.

EDIT: Read @Othin post and forgot the boosts to other stats you get even without the matching Spur. In that case, the positioning issue still stands, but I think it's more of a difference in playstyle.

Edited by MrSmokestack