No guts no glory.  Summoned using my remaining 40 orbs for rounds 15 & 16.  Again, mainly looking for Karel and Ninian.

Spoiler

vawa6La.png

Abel: +Res/-Hp, Hinata: +Hp/-Spd, Donnel: +Spd/-Def, Laslow: +Res/-Def, Florina: +Def/-Res

Abel is new, and might be worth leveling up.  Hinata is a free Fury 2 to someone, and someone else will definitely be getting Donnel's Brave Lance and Draw Back.  My fourth Laslow and second Florina, not really sure what to do with them.

Spoiler

kQmDxnm.png

Catria: +Res/-Hp, Eldigan: +Spd/-Hp, Corrin-M: +Res/-Hp, Subaki: +Spd/-Def, Robin-M: +Atk/-Spd

Haha, being gutsy worked!  My first (and perhaps only) double 5* pull as a free player.  Eldigan will go excellently with my cavalry team I'm constructing for the arena this coming season, and I won't say no to Catria.  I'm not likely to train Corrin or Subaki, and Robin has some great skills to pass along.

With this pull, I have now gotten four 5* units from this banner.  None of them were focus, but with this kind of luck I can't complain.  Good luck to everyone else on your pulls. =)

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/18/2017 at 0:55 PM, Arcanite said:

I feel like I'm the only veteran who still has two 5 stars. 

I guess I'm not sacrificing hard enough . . . . . . .

Little did I know this was going to change.

Spoiler

I didn't make any wagers, but since I'm so happy:

*Jumps off of cliff*

On 3/18/2017 at 1:12 PM, Vaximillian said:

So you turn to Sharena after you get A five-star next pull? Got it.

"A" as in one,

Which technically means I can technically  stay if I get 2, if we're being technical.

But to honor my own words: Anna, it has been a good time. You gave me 2 five stars at the beginning. Once you heard I will leave you the next five star pull, you made sure to give me 2 when I said I'd leave you. Anna you will always be my baby <3

Unfortunately now I have to go to sharena which slightly P's me off :dry:.

But, hey, I have 4 5 stars so I'm happy!

Edit: Karel is plus attack and minus health! YES! Jaffar is +res/-spd which kinda stinks but I can't complain ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Arcanite

9 hours ago, unique said:

Hey, if you can't get any skills off of him, you could always use the 1000 feathers you get for sending him home!

Nah, I don't send 5-stars home, no matter how I feel about them.

That said, I'm not really getting lucky on this focus. I feel like I should just stop trying on this banner.

7 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

That said, I'm not really getting lucky on this focus. I feel like I should just stop trying on this banner.

I'm with you. Keep them for ??? Challenge in the future, maybe a bonus Arena unit, or a Skill rip if need be based on some later event or quest, but don't just drop em!

12 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

4 minutes ago, Elieson said:

I'm with you. Keep them for ??? Challenge in the future, maybe a bonus Arena unit, or a Skill rip if need be based on some later event or quest, but don't just drop em

Hey, suit yourselves I suppose. The 3000 feathers I got from sending my 3 five star Camillas definitely did come in handy, though I guess with the new flier quest I could've used at least one of them pretty well. Still, I can't say I really regret it, since it was probably most of the reason I got my Nino to 5 stars.

so I did another summon today during my continuing unsuccessful attempts to get Ninian and got a 4 star Reinhardt and a 3 star Jagen

jagen i'm not too happy about since I already have one I'm using and i'm not a fan of skills like fury, but Reinhardt I suppose I could use for the cavalry quest (I already sort of have a team ready, but he'll still probably come in handy)

more importantly though he seems to come with vantage all the way up to 3, so once I finish the quest, I'll probably be giving that to someone

I keep and (eventually) train all my 5-stars, regardless of how much I may or may not like them. That said, if I get a duplicate 5-star of a character I already have, then I might either use them for skill inheritance or send them home if I can't even use them for that. But that's only if I already pulled that character at 5-star before.

Edited by Sunwoo

Decided to try again for Ninian--because I run dancer team so she would be the most optimal bonus character to have and I like her kit. 

Did not get Ninian. Got 4 3*s -- Tsubaki (I do want Swap on Ryoma), Odin, Selena, and Gwendolyn

and then I'm like okay there's one last clear orb, was hoping for a 4* Klein so Reinhardt can have his death blow 3

and then I rolled Priscilla.

Well, I can't say I'm complaining.

Still have no melee 5*s besides Ryoma, though. It's pretty hilarious that I keep on getting all ranged 5*s.

Edited by Thor Odinson

19 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Got 22 orbs, so I decided to try pulling again. While it'd be nice to have certain characters, I don't mind skill fodder either.

So, I got an extra Setsuna (I can get her bowbreaker onto someone who wants it, so that's nice), Matthew (meh), Olivia (already have one, at that rarity too), and Nino (already have one that's level 30).

I also got a 5-star male Corrin, and I'm not sure what to think. He also reset my 5-star percentage rate, the jerk!

Corrin is mostly used as a surprise player-phase nuke, thanks to Yato.  On enemy phase, his bulk can help to keep your team safe.  Keep him the hell away from Linde.

12 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Little did I know this was going to change.

Reveal hidden contents

"A" as in one,

Which technically means I can technically  stay if I get 2, if we're being technical.

But to honor my own words: Anna, it has been a good time. You gave me 2 five stars at the beginning. Once you heard I will leave you the next five star pull, you made sure to give me 2 when I said I'd leave you. Anna you will always be my baby <3

Unfortunately now I have to go to sharena which slightly P's me off :dry:.

But, hey, I have 4 5 stars so I'm happy!

Edit: Karel is plus attack and minus health! YES! Jaffar is +res/-spd which kinda stinks but I can't complain ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So, we're once again even in the 5* count.  Congratulations~!

37 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Corrin is mostly used as a surprise player-phase nuke, thanks to Yato.  On enemy phase, his bulk can help to keep your team safe.  Keep him the hell away from Linde.

Well now I know who m!Corrin's canon spouse is *puts m!Corrin next to my Linde*

He's doing all right, he's already level 21. His defenses are lower than I expected but he's -HP like his brother Takumi. -HP must run in that family, lol. If I pull another Hoshido sibling, I'll laugh if they're also -HP.

Did another pull in my fruitless search for Lucius... I had a dream last night that I pulled Ninian (which I would have been totally fine with). This pull wasn't a terrible one even if it didn't include Lucius. (Omg...last time I did a pull, I ended up with 3 Firs... Now I have a total of like...9 of her.) 

I got a 4* Jeorge as a new character (and he's definitely my favorite archer in the group, so I squeed a little bit to get him). He's +ATK -DEF which should work nicely for him. And I also got a 5* Roy which sadly reset my counter. I already have two 4* Roys with so-so boon/banes and this one appears to be +RES -ATK. I may pass on his skills to another character since I already have Chrom, Lucina, and probably Laslow soon to fill my 5* sword user niche. 

5 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Well now I know who m!Corrin's canon spouse is *puts m!Corrin next to my Linde*

He's doing all right, he's already level 21. His defenses are lower than I expected but he's -HP like his brother Takumi. -HP must run in that family, lol. If I pull another Hoshido sibling, I'll laugh if they're also -HP.

I wish my Ryoma was -HP instead of -Atk v.v

Why didn't he get those genes? xD

Tried pulling again, no luck on a 5*. Pull percentage is now at 4%. Got a 4* Tharja, 4*Cherche, 3*Eliwood, 3*Gauis, 3*Sophia.

Not very happy with the pull considering they are all duplicates. The new Tharja even has the same IVs as the old one.  (-HP +Def)

I have now gone through exactly 100 pulls. Pulled armor count is still at 1....

Edited by Kiran

Welp, it is that time.  

The time when an intrepid, though ultimately very foolish, lad begins to waltz with the gacha once again...

Although he dreams of pulls bedazzled with golden stars and S-tier arena threats, the summons of yesteryear have hardened his heart and steeled his resolve.  The mournful clangs of bronze do not deter him, nor do the plaintive wails of distant Adult Tikis and Femuis cause him to falter in his step.  Ever still, he carries on, guided by the thoughts of Budding Flower's sweet scent and the Oracle of Destiny's wise teachings...  

Do I have an inspiring way to end this introduction?

Not really, I've got class in 20 minutes, so let's just get to the pulls.

Round 20 Pulls

Spoiler

Round 20 [Blazing Shadows]: 4* Hawkeye [+Res, -HP] || 4* Nowi [+Def, -HP] || 3* Olivia [+HP, -Res] || 4* Tharja [+Spd, -Def] || 3* Robin-M [+HP, -Atk]

I'm actually quite happy with this summoning session.  After this many pulls (100, if my knowledge of elementary school math is still accurate), getting one new lower-starred hero is surprising, let alone two in the same session.

• Based off of what little I know about Hawkeye, this seems to be quite a usable version of him.  His reduced physical survivability is unfortunate, but considering I don't have much else to do, I'll happily train him up.
  • I do already have a 5* Nowi, so this is not the most amazing development in the world (I also think, given her role as a decent mixed tank, +HP, -Res is a little better for her on the whole), but I am happy to expand my manakete army.
  • I've got a better Olivia in both star and nature terms already, but she's far from the worst unit to have an abundance of.
  • You might be on to something @eclipse, as this is the second optimal/near optimal red mage I've gotten in as many pulls.  I'm not sure if +Atk is preferred on Tharja, but either way, I can now truly dabble in -blade offense.
  • And another Robin... Yaaaaaaah.

My 5* rate is now up to 4.25%, so my last few pulls on this banner are looking mighty promising :)

Edited by red-and-soulless
Due to reaching my attachment limit, all the pretty summoning pictures will be stored here: http://imgur.com/a/Ftyat

30 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

I love Four Stars.

Uh, how do you even tell their +/-. 

This one you have to subtract weapons or any other state bonuses

This one they automatically have the max weapon and max skills embedded into the max stats at level 40.

47 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:
Pulling on reroll accounts are masochistic.

I know they don't do any good.

But man.

I've rerolled so many times that I don't even raise an eyebrow anymore unless I get two or more S-tiers during the first pull. (My secondary account, for instance, got Hector, Linde, Ninian, and Lyn within two full pulls. edit: actually 5* Caeda, I misremembered---the two Lyns on that account came later, when I was trying for Karel.)

Edited by DehNutCase

Pull #20:

Spoiler

AX8dYoB.png

And we're back to basics. I should have known that after a pull with two fivers and three 4*s I would have gotten one with nothing but 3*s. Oh well, at least two of them are new.

1 hour ago, Jave said:

Pull #20:

Hide contents

AX8dYoB.png

And we're back to basics. I should have known that after a pull with two fivers and three 4*s I would have gotten one with nothing but 3*s. Oh well, at least two of them are new.

Why would you keep pulling after your percentages go down! Oh well, you smell :P