Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

7 hours ago, eclipse said:

Dude.  I got Lancelot (and bonus green-haired archer).  You have no idea how happy I am.  I'm in dire need of a good ST saber, and his crit-happy ways make my assassins happy~!

yo cool

I just got the STNP gold rider I wanted, then Ozy shows up.

I mean Kintoki's awesome for a welfare, but Ozy is kinda also a welcome surprise. Now to see if I can pull Nito. (I'm guessing there's gonna be a lot of people with Saberlot on my supports anyways)

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

How much Lot?

I really like how he can be used in a crit squad even if you run 2 Rider with him

A LOT. :P:

So, regular Lancelot, Rider Kintoki, and Kerry?  Sounds like it's raining stars to me~! :P:

4 hours ago, Mister Rogers said:

yo cool

I just got the STNP gold rider I wanted, then Ozy shows up.

I mean Kintoki's awesome for a welfare, but Ozy is kinda also a welcome surprise. Now to see if I can pull Nito. (I'm guessing there's gonna be a lot of people with Saberlot on my supports anyways)

Uhhh. . .good luck with Ms. Hair?

I dunno what Ozy does, but I'm pretty happy with who I have.  Now to save up again.  Maybe I'll get a good caster in the form of Merlin. . .

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

A LOT. :P:

So, regular Lancelot, Rider Kintoki, and Kerry?  Sounds like it's raining stars to me~! :P:

Uhhh. . .good luck with Ms. Hair?

I dunno what Ozy does, but I'm pretty happy with who I have.  Now to save up again.  Maybe I'll get a good caster in the form of Merlin. . .

Ozy gives charisma, and his third skill is stupid

image.png.1732be091e2ba9c3e047a80b9c11a350.png

This kinda goes well with Nero/Romulus/Hans/etc. I kinda wish i had my own Nero to experiment with. :3 

Eh supposedly he'd got the highest bst out of the riders, as well as having an STNP that NP seals.

I've been having fun with Camelot, story wise it's really cool although I'm not even close to be done yet. I've been holding back but I really want to use some apples there because the story is really compelling.

On other news, the monthly tickets arrived and I decided to give a shot to get Saberlot because he's cool. I got Nitocris... I always get the Casters, I'm sure when Summer arrives I'll get Marie instead of Martha...

I got my first mapo tofu!

also like 2 more copies of rune magic anthubra. wtf. 3 More copies of various 3* servants that I've maxed out. No serenity or touta yet.

Ozy needs 22 fools chains. fuck.

Tickets gave me Serenity, the final Babbage I needed, and three random 3* CEs.  Not a bad haul, since upping NP levels is always a good thing~!

Though the fights are getting nasty.  Had to hack out the ultimate anti-Saber cheese known as Artemis/Eurayle.

Edited by eclipse

16 hours ago, Mister Rogers said:

Ozy gives charisma, and his third skill is stupid

Well "stupid". Being able guarantee chance-based buffs is not broken by its own. The NP charge is nice though.

What makes Ozymandias stupid is his entire kit as a whole. The fact that he has Imperial Privilege with Protection from Ra gives him incredible stats, coupled with solid team support in form of Charisma and the party-wide NP charge.
Then his NP ... not only is it a ST Buster NP it also has 2 very useful effects that are always relevant. Iskandar cries at that 20% Defense debuff while lamenting the fact that he doesn't have an additional NP seal.

If Kintoki wasn't released just before him everybody would fawn over Ozymandias. The fact that he is in the regular pool is amazing.

---

The Quick memes are putting in some works though I have to switch to Medea - Hans - Shiki from time to time against those Assassin waves. I just reached the point where we get rice balls from the heavens.
Is anyone else sick of Chimeras and Spriggans?

9 minutes ago, The Priest said:

Well "stupid". Being able guarantee chance-based buffs is not broken by its own. The NP charge is nice though.

What makes Ozymandias stupid is his entire kit as a whole. The fact that he has Imperial Privilege with Protection from Ra gives him incredible stats, coupled with solid team support in form of Charisma and the party-wide NP charge.
Then his NP ... not only is it a ST Buster NP it also has 2 very useful effects that are always relevant. Iskandar cries at that 20% Defense debuff while lamenting the fact that he doesn't have an additional NP seal.

If Kintoki wasn't released just before him everybody would fawn over Ozymandias. The fact that he is in the regular pool is amazing.

---

The Quick memes are putting in some works though I have to switch to Medea - Hans - Shiki from time to time against those Assassin waves. I just reached the point where we get rice balls from the heavens.

Chimera and Spriggans? nah

Sandstorm? yes fuck that

3 minutes ago, The Priest said:

---

I mean stupid as in stupidly good since there's plenty of people that regularly use Nero/Roma/Hans and self-buffing himself lel.

Kintoki and Ozy powercrept the yuri pirates so hard lol

I think I'm going to save my tickets for the summer banner. Hoping for ruler Martha because I don't have any extra classes yet (besides Mash of course)

I wish they'd let you pull ten at a time if you had enough tickets.

Hit a 2nd road block. I had to resort to my SSRs again (Tamamo and Vlad). Guess that the cue for me to level up the skills on my free Servants to at least 6 before I attempt this again.

Spoiler

My god, Section 12 doesn't mess around. The last arrows with Tristan are hell with free Servants.

The 1st fight is hard because the Archer Knights have a skill with Sure hit on them and as Archers they charge up their special attack quite fast. Considering most of the free Servants only have Evades they will murder you if you don't kill them fast enough. They have a lot of health to soak up damage so you will probably have to resort to NPs or constant Crits.
Then you face Tristan with all of his cheating glory. If you are unlucky he is going to use Unexpected Birth to fire off his NP at the next turn and since it gives him Sure hit as well, you're screwed if you don't have Mash or someone with Taunt to take it.

The 2nd fight is arguably easier because he only has more HP and you don't spend your skills and NPs against those Knights.

Btw. if anyone is interested in some prelimenary evaluation on the new free Servants:

Spoiler

Bedivere A
I think this shouldn't surprise anyone. Bedivere impresses with his good base stats and hard-hitting ST NP. Outside of that though he has little to offer. His 3rd skill is pretty much worthless and Tactics doesn't offer much to the team (though it is useful for Bedivere himself).
On that note I'm thinking about kicking Robin off to A as well. He pretty much suffers the same problem as Bedivere that he is very reliant on his NP and offers not much outside of that.

Tawara Touta B/C
His skills are good but everything else is pretty meh. His base stats are pretty bad and having an AoE NP doesn't help either. His Bonus multiplier hits a good range of mobs but its numbers are so low it might even not exist for that purpose. Seriously most other have 150% on their bonus multiplier and here comes Touta with his pitiful 50% to do ... what, exactly?

Hassan of Serenity B(?)
I'm not sure what I think of her yet. She is pretty mediocre overall, having similar base stats to her Hundred-Face counterpart but suffering from a bad skill set. NP drain is good but not with that cooldown and her 3rd skill isn't that good either. At least she has a ST NP with good effects if they stick.

3 hours ago, The Priest said:

Hit a 2nd road block. I had to resort to my SSRs again (Tamamo and Vlad). Guess that the cue for me to level up the skills on my free Servants to at least 6 before I attempt this again.

Hide contents

My god, Section 12 doesn't mess around. The last arrows with Tristan are hell with free Servants.

The 1st fight is hard because the Archer Knights have a skill with Sure hit on them and as Archers they charge up their special attack quite fast. Considering most of the free Servants only have Evades they will murder you if you don't kill them fast enough. They have a lot of health to soak up damage so you will probably have to resort to NPs or constant Crits.
Then you face Tristan with all of his cheating glory. If you are unlucky he is going to use Unexpected Birth to fire off his NP at the next turn and since it gives him Sure hit as well, you're screwed if you don't have Mash or someone with Taunt to take it.

The 2nd fight is arguably easier because he only has more HP and you don't spend your skills and NPs against those Knights.

Btw. if anyone is interested in some prelimenary evaluation on the new free Servants:

Hide contents

Bedivere A
I think this shouldn't surprise anyone. Bedivere impresses with his good base stats and hard-hitting ST NP. Outside of that though he has little to offer. His 3rd skill is pretty much worthless and Tactics doesn't offer much to the team (though it is useful for Bedivere himself).
On that note I'm thinking about kicking Robin off to A as well. He pretty much suffers the same problem as Bedivere that he is very reliant on his NP and offers not much outside of that.

Tawara Touta B/C
His skills are good but everything else is pretty meh. His base stats are pretty bad and having an AoE NP doesn't help either. His Bonus multiplier hits a good range of mobs but its numbers are so low it might even not exist for that purpose. Seriously most other have 150% on their bonus multiplier and here comes Touta with his pitiful 50% to do ... what, exactly?

Hassan of Serenity B(?)
I'm not sure what I think of her yet. She is pretty mediocre overall, having similar base stats to her Hundred-Face counterpart but suffering from a bad skill set. NP drain is good but not with that cooldown and her 3rd skill isn't that good either. At least she has a ST NP with good effects if they stick.

touta should be a solid B.

his NP is AoE and specifically fucks fiends, which includes the likes of skeletons (which can be sabers). 

His bonus modifier is 50%, but hey it's something?

Goodness, I knew about Camelot being super hard with the Gorilla fight being the prime example although Euyrale cheesed him but I didn't heard anything about the final boss and thought it would be easier...It wasn't. I had to use all my CS because it wiped me out hard.

It also made me realize that, while good, I can't rely only on Caesar when it comes to Sabers so I rolled once more and got Saberlot and the 5* CE. Guess it's time to dive into the medal farming hell.

Spoiler

From what I noticed during the few battles I had him as a guest, Saberlot's absolutely bonkers! He starts a bit slow but once you get his cards to align he'll crit HARD and spam his NP which if you can put in an arts brave chain it gets even more ridiculous and by the time his skills wear off the enemy is already dead or close to it.

I also can see why people say Mash is great now. Before she offered some defense buffs which were ok but not that good and her main use was as a sacrifice whenever an enemy was about to unleash a ST NP (Rashomon flashbacks...) but after her upgrades she basically reduces incoming damage to 0 with her first skill and Lord Camelot is sweet, it boosts Atk on top of Def which is soo cool! If it weren't for her I would've needed to use a SQ to defeat Lartoria. 

Also, Bedivere is best boy. First time ever where I felt the need to use him in the final battle, even in America with Nightingale I didn't feel like using her over a Waver but here it was personal. Even better because the one that gave the finishing blow was Bedi...that was so satisfying and sad at the same time, and the fact that he was just a human. A human that defeated a Goddess, that's just epic! I'm sad he's story locked because I'd really like to get him to NP5. 

On another note, I hate Tristan. Like, all the other knights did a lot of awful stuff but they weren't that unlikeable to me, even Gawain with his trash talk was fine, and he has Extella to show other sides of his character but Tristan had nothing, he was a cunt all the way through. It was nice to see him get corrupted by that demon and then be finished off by King Hassan and that says a lot considering that the one that looked more unlikeable was Agravain (although he turned out to be a decent guy in the end so I can't hate him despite the atrocities he did to Serenity).

6 hours ago, The Priest said:

Reveal hidden contents

I did Umu solo for that fight.

6 hours ago, The Priest said:

Reveal hidden contents

Bedivere A

Tawara Touta B/C

Hassan of Serenity B(?)

Bedivere for S. His NP is actually dumb after upgrade and his skills are incredibly strong for a 3*.

AQQ and 30% battery on 6 CD gives him solid NP gain, better than Caesar in fact. And he outdamages him with NP due to having a massive steroid and NP interlude. All the while having one of the highest Atk stats of all 3*s in the game.

30% Def on 5 CD is similarly amazing and has almost no equal. The debuff resist at max rank is near-immunity in practice, with the exception of undodgeable debuffs. It almost makes up for the fact that none of his skills scale on their main effects Wait what about Tactics.

Bedivere’s main issue is being story-locked. In all honesty this is not a big deal and you can roll NP levels for him when he is on rate up. Story-lock is a bigger concern for SR and SSR.

Robin Hood should stay where he is. Being Arts-based is his saving grace, and he will eventually get his dodge via strengthen as well. Roughly 120k unbuffed NP damage at base is no joke.

Been finished with Camelot on NA for a couple of days now. Didn't use Euryale at all (I did use Gil instead of for Gawain 2 but Robin Hood would've taken care of the problem ezpz as Honk's vid hopefully shows.) 

I wish my Billy was leveled :/. You live and learn

@Alexmender 

Spoiler

...Except you haven't read Halloween 2016 (2018 for us), The CCC Event, or his interlude. Reserve your judgement for the sad man is what I'm saying - after all, he literally wasn't himself during the entirety of his screen time in Camelot due to his blessing "Reversal." 

I won't spoil any more (ironic considering this is in a spoiler tag) as I do not know if you've cleared Camelot. If you have, then I think you should know how Reversal works, lorewise.

Btw, Tristan's Interlude is fucking top tier. From both a writing AND a gameplay perspective. I suggest you either wait or go read the full translation on Beast's Lair.
It gives a shit ton of insight on Tristan's character. 

1 hour ago, N30 said:

Been finished with Camelot on NA for a couple of days now. Didn't use Euryale at all (I did use Gil instead of for Gawain 2 but Robin Hood would've taken care of the problem ezpz as Honk's vid hopefully shows.) 

I wish my Billy was leveled :/. You live and learn

@Alexmender 

Hide contents

...Except you haven't read Halloween 2016 (2018 for us), The CCC Event, or his interlude. Reserve your judgement for the sad man is what I'm saying - after all, he literally wasn't himself during the entirety of his screen time in Camelot due to his blessing "Reversal." 

I won't spoil any more (ironic considering this is in a spoiler tag) as I do not know if you've cleared Camelot. If you have, then I think you should know how Reversal works, lorewise.

Btw, Tristan's Interlude is fucking top tier. From both a writing AND a gameplay perspective. I suggest you either wait or go read the full translation on Beast's Lair.
It gives a shit ton of insight on Tristan's character. 

I really should bring billy to one of the bossfights for fun.

also

Spoiler

Tristan is cool. Just wish I didn't have a shitload of archers that fill almost every slot.

ugh i'm farming those fools bead.

Nitocris would be so handy. :/

Edited by Mister Rogers

10 hours ago, The Priest said:

Hide contents

Hide contents

Bedivere A

Tawara Touta B/C

Hassan of Serenity B(?)

I dont remember your tier list so eh this is bit of a guesswork

Bedivere should be AT LEAST A+. The defense up is underrated, yes it only works a single turn, but for a primarily dps unit offering that much safety against attacks are really good. The difference between having Waver buff active and not active is huge and that buff reduce attack multiplicatively by the same amount. Waver Mash Bedivere i also a possible combo for NP face tanking. I somewhat agree Bedi ISNT S since his damage isnt too fantastic before Interlude, but with Interlude, his damage shot through the roof like Medea, he offers as crucial of a rare role while doing it really well

Robin Hood only reason to drop is Poison from his skills missing. Besides that he contributes some damage mitigation and his NP damage is way too high

Also Toutas bonus damage isnt lower than standard SE servant. Touta bonus damage happen to be Jack kind that is a power up and carried over to cards. So for WHATEVER reason, the datamine list it as 50%(accurate). Super effective is listed as 150% when its really just 50%(inaccurate). Touta interlude made his NP straight up unfair for this kind since it lasts 3 turn

Toutas issue mostly comes from Nobu Syndrome - where his Arts is OK but his quick is trashy

Serenity gets a couple of buffs later on that make her better but she's still mediocre overall.  I should know, I tried to use her in JP.  After an NP interlude and her first skill getting buffed she basically becomes a weaker, ST version of Shuten Douji.

15 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Bedivere for S. His NP is actually dumb after upgrade and his skills are incredibly strong for a 3*.

Keep in mind that I evaluate him at his current state. When his Interlude arrives I will re-evaluate his position but based on what he has now he is not S-Tier ... yet.

15 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Bedivere’s main issue is being story-locked. In all honesty this is not a big deal and you can roll NP levels for him when he is on rate up. Story-lock is a bigger concern for SR and SSR.

For a F2P list that is a big deal considering you will have to dedicate spending SQ for that man.
imo it's worth it because Bedivere is really good but for people who want to save their precious SQ it's not necessarily ideal.

11 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Bedivere should be AT LEAST A+. The defense up is underrated, yes it only works a single turn, but for a primarily dps unit offering that much safety against attacks are really good. The difference between having Waver buff active and not active is huge and that buff reduce attack multiplicatively by the same amount. Waver Mash Bedivere i also a possible combo for NP face tanking. I somewhat agree Bedi ISNT S since his damage isnt too fantastic before Interlude, but with Interlude, his damage shot through the roof like Medea, he offers as crucial of a rare role while doing it really well

I guess his 3rd skill is situationally useful is coupled together with Mash's 1st or Atk debuffs.

11 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Also Toutas bonus damage isnt lower than standard SE servant. Touta bonus damage happen to be Jack kind that is a power up and carried over to cards. So for WHATEVER reason, the datamine list it as 50%(accurate). Super effective is listed as 150% when its really just 50%(inaccurate). Touta interlude made his NP straight up unfair for this kind since it lasts 3 turn

Ah, it's that kind of buff. Well I suppose that makes him a bit better but it still doesn't change the fact that aside from his skills he is not necessarily good. After his Interlude he might be a decent farmer I suppose.

EDIT:

Look, guys, I thought to myself "Hey, Saber Lancelot would be a nice addition to my Arts arsenal and Berserker Lancelot doesn't have any 'safe' rate-ups in the future, so ... ". I threw 17 tickets on the Camelot banner to get him.

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner @MrSmokestack 2 Tickets. You can't make this s*** up.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20180702-194948.png

Also got NP2 Serenity and Touta but no Lancelot. It seems I'm destined to never have the guy. Oh well. I'm still laughing though.

Edited by The Priest

So we got 3 SF people getting Ozzy? I'm not rolling on the Camelot banners, and not planning on using my tickets either.

Taking a short break from Camelot to start catching up on my Rank Up quests and Interludes. I finished Medea's Rank Up and am currently working on Arash. I definitely have a newfound respect for the man after his appearance in Camelot. I just don't have a Kaleidoscope to use for easy NPs...

@N30

Spoiler

I went and read Tristan's interlude. While it didn't sold me completely on him, at least I'm glad it acknowledges what happened in Camelot and shows that he was really affected by doing that stuff I'd have been mad if they brushed it off for a comedic Interlude or something unrelated. I'll try to look how it looks gameplay wise on YouTube or something similar because this one seems like it has to be seen fully to completely appreciate it. After all, more than an Interlude this one strikes me more as a Camelot side-chapter which is something really nice.

I'll still keep my opinion that the first impression he gave is awful, even if it was mostly due to his Reversal gift making him the opposite of his normal self (except for the "Sad man" part, that stayed the same if the translation is anything to go by) so I won't say that I like him, but I'll retract the hate part. But well, even if at the end of everything I still end up disliking him, I know for sure he's not even close to being a one-note character, and he has tons of depth which is very nice.

I won't look into the CCC event at all as I heard it is one of the best ones and I want to go blind and Halloween will come soon so I'll wait until it's released, so I'll leave it at that. 

_ _ _ _ _

I just noticed that in one of the rolls I got a 2030 CE. I'll give it to Helena because it pairs perfectly with her 2nd skill, and maybe I'll change it to Hans when I get to leveling his skills. After all my servant backlog just became pretty big. Ridertoki/Martha/Li Shuwen/Saberlot/Nito/Herc and the myriad of 3* servants...I still have long ways to go before I start worrying about skill levels, although Mash and Euryale deserve to get to 10/10/10 soon.

5 hours ago, Sire said:

So we got 3 SF people getting Ozzy? I'm not rolling on the Camelot banners, and not planning on using my tickets either.

Taking a short break from Camelot to start catching up on my Rank Up quests and Interludes. I finished Medea's Rank Up and am currently working on Arash. I definitely have a newfound respect for the man after his appearance in Camelot. I just don't have a Kaleidoscope to use for easy NPs...

At least 4, Priest, Smokes, me, and Crazpy got Ozy

On 7/1/2018 at 6:47 PM, Alexmender said:

Goodness, I knew about Camelot being super hard with the Gorilla fight being the prime example although Euyrale cheesed him but I didn't heard anything about the final boss and thought it would be easier...It wasn't. I had to use all my CS because it wiped me out hard.

It also made me realize that, while good, I can't rely only on Caesar when it comes to Sabers so I rolled once more and got Saberlot and the 5* CE. Guess it's time to dive into the medal farming hell.

Reveal hidden contents

From what I noticed during the few battles I had him as a guest, Saberlot's absolutely bonkers! He starts a bit slow but once you get his cards to align he'll crit HARD and spam his NP which if you can put in an arts brave chain it gets even more ridiculous and by the time his skills wear off the enemy is already dead or close to it.

I also can see why people say Mash is great now. Before she offered some defense buffs which were ok but not that good and her main use was as a sacrifice whenever an enemy was about to unleash a ST NP (Rashomon flashbacks...) but after her upgrades she basically reduces incoming damage to 0 with her first skill and Lord Camelot is sweet, it boosts Atk on top of Def which is soo cool! If it weren't for her I would've needed to use a SQ to defeat Lartoria. 

Also, Bedivere is best boy. First time ever where I felt the need to use him in the final battle, even in America with Nightingale I didn't feel like using her over a Waver but here it was personal. Even better because the one that gave the finishing blow was Bedi...that was so satisfying and sad at the same time, and the fact that he was just a human. A human that defeated a Goddess, that's just epic! I'm sad he's story locked because I'd really like to get him to NP5. 

On another note, I hate Tristan. Like, all the other knights did a lot of awful stuff but they weren't that unlikeable to me, even Gawain with his trash talk was fine, and he has Extella to show other sides of his character but Tristan had nothing, he was a cunt all the way through. It was nice to see him get corrupted by that demon and then be finished off by King Hassan and that says a lot considering that the one that looked more unlikeable was Agravain (although he turned out to be a decent guy in the end so I can't hate him despite the atrocities he did to Serenity).

The final boss was very much a 'show off' fight for Mash and Bedivere. If you've been raising Mash properly, and brought in Bedivere as support (he's level 90 that fight, he's crazy), it's actually pretty easy. 10/10/10 Mash has enormous uptime on her NP on top of her already amazing defensive skillset. Add that to the fact that, if your third servant can NP Seal, Drain, Stun, or whatever, Bedivere would have HIS defensive buff up everytime the boss NPs, and you take trivial damage for the whole fight.

Honestly, that was the fight which made me regret my servant choices for the singularity---I should've brought in Nero 4* a lot earlier. She would've made my runs a lot smoother thanks to consistent damage (the only Archer boss is weak to Saber damage), and her natural self-sustain would've let her be on the frontlines smacking away for the whole fight.

Off-topic: Camelot was honestly the place where I realized how busted Merlin was going to be. Yeah, I pulled Waver real early so I'm spoiled by good supports, but just Waver doesn't actually break much. The problem is when you have multiple supports as good as Waver. Mash got to that point once she ascended, and obviously Merlin is also on Waver's level.

Edited by DehNutCase