We Need Serenes Forest Mafia Mafia 5 After All! - GAME OVER

Iris

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry i am talking specifically about EO3 mafia, which athena was scum in. refa asked me if athena bussed his buddies in that game and I didn't hardcore remember so I am rereading.

Snike has done some gas lighting and that has been all of his defenses and cases, including his association defenses with Shinori.

When I was going hard at Mack and Snike to get them to see it was a T/T situation (I believed at the time) I mentioned that tonally, Snike's defenses were bad and completely unconvincing. I said I liked his reasoning, but there were a lot of things that didn't sit right with me, specifically with the way he responded to me. I figured out why. Posts like this:

On 4/19/2018 at 3:03 AM, Snike said:

I missed this; This is obvious in retrospect, but look at bold.

Do you think he would code a message to his scumbuddy for later towncred?

In addition to letting him claim Godfather immediately on sub in?

In addition to letting him be townread super hard by said buddy?

In addition to shading him for fishing on Page 41?

In addition to going along with the idea of a turbo wagon?

Are scattered throughout his ISO. He made a similar defense of Omega, which is a part of why I read him as possible scum with Snike.

Let me make this clear: I don't think Snike would say things in quite this way if he were town. I think he would tell me how it is, not ask me if I "really think" that this has happened. He is trying to get me to doubt my own sanity instead of presenting what he thinks happened, and that is a extremely scummy. He could do it as town, but I do not think I would get the same terribad vibe I got from it this time. This is a dishonest way oof making the case that is used by the guilty to make their victims feel like they are crazy and they can't be reasonable unless they question it.

On 4/19/2018 at 3:06 AM, Snike said:

World where Mack isn't scum and is tunneling townie; poe becomes Athena/Gaius/Walrein/Arcanite/Makaze IMO

I don't think Makaze is scum at this point in time anymore despite zeus poe. That could be scum defending his slot for easy towncred.

Athena is probably clear on associatives.

So it would be Gaius/Walrein/Arcanite. I

am on Arcanite as of right now.

Like I have said in the past, the hijack onto mack would be shinori trying to get towncred.

I want to point that Snike is defending Athena here, which kind of supports Refa's case. He also cases Athena pretty hard when Shinori was doing it and I think that Shinori sheeped Snike's argument for why athen is mafia, so that seems to be a world where if Snike flips mafia, athena is cleared by almost every scum shading him.

On 4/19/2018 at 3:07 AM, Snike said:

Makaze this probably isn't much but what do you think about the early shinori comment on walrein then forgetting about it when asked by eclipse?

I think this is gas lighting. I wouldn't think this if he went on to make a real case, but I don't remember him doing so, and he dropped the topic when I didn't budge on my read.

On 4/20/2018 at 5:56 PM, Snike said:

I'm ok to be wagoned tomorrow if arc flips town; the sweet release of death + it'll clear doubts in just about every player's mind.

If gaius ever comes back we could even test bookie by mislynching me as the prediction then using the vig on another poe slot if he's not auto scum after the flip. At least assuming the lynch prediction is a bookie part.

but IMO Arcanite is scum 95% of the time so that is not a world that I think is going to happen.

Also re: empower: I don't think Kaoz can self-target. We were told when we got the hijack that we couldn't target another player and redirect them to us, so i would assume same rules apply with that item.

I think it is a 100% scum tell that instead of continuing in this logic and willingly taking the lynch, or even mentioning that he is willing to, makes Snike look very bad, and I think he is caught and is just asking town to expand their PoE insread of trying to catch the Mafia, which I think he would be doing if he really felt that eating a lynch was the right thing for the town.

I didn't know what you meant by your post makaze. I'm kinda slow and dunno the conclusion I was supposed to draw from it 

The real scumtell from Snike was how he almost without warning sheeped my case on Sully, and today has not made any attempt to shade this read after I cased him, but instead, just accepted it for granted.

How Snike and Satsuma both reacted to my Sully case (all the way up to EoD):

On 4/20/2018 at 4:31 AM, Snike said:

Yeah if his action succeeds every night. If he gets jailed he can't exactly give anyone an item.

@Makaze I think that makes sense. I think I can can follow that case but one thing is giving me pause. I think the D3 JB vote comment has a kinda crumb?

Sully, what is the second part of your action?

On 4/20/2018 at 4:42 AM, Snike said:

@SullyMcGully To reiterate, what is the second part of your role? This is important.

To anyone else who has read the case and seen what we've seen: Stay quiet about it until Sully answers.

I need to finish my paper so I am closing SF for real.

Good night thread.

On 4/20/2018 at 9:02 AM, Snike said:

I think we lynch arc regardless today. Hopefully sully comes back with the claim before deadline.

Also Sully is a guy.

On 4/20/2018 at 9:27 AM, Snike said:

This bit here because I thought he was crumbing an inno scan on eclipse. I think it looks worse now.

On 4/20/2018 at 9:33 AM, Snike said:

Aren't you one?

This is where Snike asks Omega "Aren't you a Watcher?". This makes Omega very rarely scum with him.

1 minute ago, Vi-astra said:

I didn't know what you meant by your post makaze. I'm kinda slow and dunno the conclusion I was supposed to draw from it 

Read the first post by Marth, then read the bottom quote, which is just Omega's big defense zoomed in. Look for anything that seems off.

Read it aloud if that helps.

ALERT:

I just read Snike's defense post and want to rescind my comment about him not accepting that he is being lynched.

I think that Omega has to be Mafia or ITP and we are 100% safe to lynch there. Snike I am feeling less sure about.

However, I think that @Snike and @SatsumaFSoysoy should give their opinions on who is the Mafia or ITP if we are both town. Unless a vig decides to claim, we definitely have an ITP, and there has to be at least one other Mafia in the game.

I believe it cannot be Walrein. I just can't believe he would read so town if he was Mafia.

Calling for a Mass Claim (besides me) especially for players @Walrein and @Refa. We are at a point where a vig coming out solves this scenario, so I see no reason not to claim, because even if we have a vig AND an ITP, I don't see a why you couldn't NK them.

We always lynch Omega and vig Snike in this case because of Omega's claim.

I am changing my vote and proposed wagon to Omega despite scumreading Snike because of this and Kill's meta reasoning.

##Vote Omega

makaze if you're not going to claim i don't know why everyone else should. (did your slot claim i don't remember i have bad short term memory)

##vote: omega

Just now, Vi-astra said:

makaze if you're not going to claim i don't know why everyone else should. (did your slot claim i don't remember i have bad short term memory)

##vote: omega

I have a good reason and it's related to what my role is.

I forgot to mention it but Sully's responses to my questions read definitely town and I have no more reasons to scumread him. He cannot be Mafia with anyone else in my PoE.

well i don't want to claim yet either until/if i have to if that's all right with you.

Just now, Vi-astra said:

well i don't want to claim yet either until/if i have to if that's all right with you.

That is alright. Your role could not have killed Shinori.

Makaze, are you suggesting Omega wasn't aware of Marth claiming earlier, or something more sinister? I don't know if I can get behind the former, I doubt mafia could be that clumsy.

45 minutes ago, Alette said:

I'm saying that there is still that small chance that Shinori bussed scum buddy kirsche. Is he the type of the player that would go for town cred at any time?

It's possible.  I think if he bussed Kirsche he would have actually voted Kirsche, though...

Day 4.8 - Votals
Omega. (4): Killthestory, Omega., Makaze, via
Snike + SatsumaFSoySoy (2): Alette, EvanManManMan
athena_57 (1): Refa

Not Voting: Everyone Else

You have ~64.5 hours left in the day. With 13 alive, it takes 5 to lynch and 9 to hammer.

Edited by Iris

Just now, Baldrick said:

Makaze, are you suggesting Omega wasn't aware of Marth claiming earlier, or something more sinister? I don't know if I can get behind the former, I doubt mafia could be that clumsy.

I am saying something more sinister. He knows that claim, but he was making an AtE, and forgot it conflicted with his claim.

IMO he would never say this without meaning it if his defense was genuine, and there is no way in hell he could reasonably be "trying to draw the NK" as both a delayer AND self-watcher. Scum would have to be idiots to shoot him.

I asked Omega to claim himself later and he did it himself when I pushed him to. See here:

On 4/19/2018 at 11:24 AM, Omega. said:

LG, Makaze, Snike, Kill, Walrein, Arcanite/Weapons look the worst here. I think it's weird that BBM was killed over an earlier voter on the Junko wagon; makes me consider a bus.

My POE is still [LG/Weapons/Makaze/Kill] at the moment. I say just kill all of these people and see what happens.

I wanted to kill Snike for ruining the dayphase earlier, but I didn't want him dead before today. I don't know why he makes this play as wolf; he's failed to sink Mackc and has instead made himself look way worse for little benefit. I don't know what he is doing really, but he's had a few villagery moments earlier in the game. That said, I don't really even grasp what all this claim stuff is; my eyes have glazed over it because we were doing perfectly fine before it was brought to the forefront. If someone wants to tl;dr this for me, I'd look over it. I've only skimmed since what happened last night: has Walrein done anything? Like a reads list or anything at all? I'm not putting up with his coasting for much longer.

I'm Jaybee, a self-watcher delayer.