Mythic Hero Battle! Sothis: Girl on the Throne (July 31st - August 7th)

Diovani Bressan

7 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

If an architect says he can build a house but can’t use it, he’s a shitty architect.

If a mechanic says she can build a car but he can’t use it, she’s a shitty mechanic.

If a Fire Emblem Heroes player can build up units, but can use them, they...

Do you know how absolutely nonsensical you are sounding now? Why don’t you go ahead and tell someone who has never player chess before that ‘, it's a game. There's nothing to "read or study up" on.’ 

The fact that it’s a game is THE most important reason why you SHOULD study up and read. Because get this, games have RULES. And rules are things you should follow when playing a game. If you do not know the rules you make mistakes. And that is what has been happening to you for so damn long now. I made a long post in the AR thread that summed it up, I worded it as politely as I could, and what did you do with it? Nothing.

You have been whining for months now about everything being to difficult, and pretty much every piece of advice you disregard immediately (just like the guide offered here). If you by some miracle actually do listen to what is being said you often don’t even try it and then just say it won’t work for you anyway. So much so that you uninstalled the game because of your frustration. Well guess what, you are not the only person getting frustrated by your problems. To be completely frank and brutally honest, it has been sucking the enjoyment from my gameplay experience and visits to this forum as well; everywhere you look it is just advice being handed to you on a silver platter and you slamming it back in people their faces. I looked up a video guide for you and posted it in the AR thread because you said you learned better with visuals. First reply you made was ‘must’ve missed it(as if the video would disappear after a day). I pointed it out to you again, and still you chose to ignore it.

Do I think you are stupid? No!

I do still stand behind my post in the AR thread about not playing the same game. You say you want to be better at this game, but when someone gives you a detailed guide that explains the most basic AI principals and goes into great depths, you suddenly are to busy. (By the way by now i am expecting you have stopped reading because you think i am being rude, if that is not the case and you are still reading this, please give me proof of that by mentioning this paragraph) If FE Heroes is so important to you, you should fully be able to make the time because that is what people do; the prioritise the things in their life that are important to them. 

Now however, you are sounding like an entitled child that wants to be a rockstar like but doesn’t want guitar lessons because ‘they are to busy to practice’.

You want the rewards without the effort, and for me personally (but i suspect other would agree with me here), that just kills the mood here and stifles my enjoyment of the game.

PS, if you don’t believe me when I say you don’t know a lot about the games, I will go and search this forum to find all those instances from the last month or two, I promise you, it is more than you think.

Have a good day.

...Wow, it's amusing how much of this post is just not true. I have better things to do than put up with false accusations on an internet forum.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three Houses, Grand Conquest, AR, Summoning; so much distracting me but I was able to get this clear done yesterday since it was a fairly easy one as far as Abyssals go~

@Nanima (No need to comment)

Summer Lyn makes her Abyssal debut. She needed Sword Breaker for the return of these Wary Fighter Armors, Atk Tactics for Keaton and HS!Elise, and Aerobatics since one of the Armors carries OBSTRUCT, of all things. Someone please redirect him to Rokkr Sieges. She also needed those 4 Dragonflowers and you’re going to see why.

HS!Elise needed the most. Her Red-Hot Ducks were doing what I needed but that Green Armor started getting out of control at the end, so I just needed to make up for that extra true damage with ATK+3 Seal and Death Blow to kill the first Axe Cav. Spd Smoke is to slow down that Blue Mage she has to tank and Poison Strike chip damage is so the Lance Fighter at the end won’t be able to proc Miracle.

Some of you may recall me Summoning for Takumi recently and I’m sure you could have guessed where he was going. But CC wasn’t really what I took from him that saved us, it was Threaten Spd. Chill Atk was needed to keep the Cleric busy with Sothis (Thank Naga for Restore) and Spd/Def Link helped her and Keaton in a few key fights. Gronnraven was needed in previous attempts and I just forgot to change it here but it didn’t make much difference. And Keaton’s just happy to be here~

So as you could probably see, only some minor tinkering was needed for the first wave of enemies. Sothis however needed a lot to get rid of her. In order to make her Sirius as weak as possible, Lyn needed to engage with the Cleric to get TA, 4 Dragonflowers for some extra bulk, and we needed Chill Atk and Threaten Spd to make Sothis’ Siris as weak as we could get it~  We needed to dance around a bit at the end but I was happy to get the job done~ IDEK if this would have been possible if that Cleric had any other Staff but thank goodness she did~

Comments time!

@Diovanni - DC Vantage Laev is a monster, nice~ Good luck with Abyssal!

@LordFrigid - The tile placement is indeed good for Beasts, awesome making good use of it. The enemies start relatively close together for this one, so no surprise that you were able to clear it so easily~ Great work!

@Alexmender - Wow, only 22 damage from Sirius and Sothis goes down first. Eirika never ceases to impress. Even doing it in one turn is what’s really impressive, great work!

@mampfoid - Lunge makes a return! Cherche and Cordy really needed a lot of Spd here today, smart leaving Sothis with a friend so she couldn’t get too fast for them~

@Sasori - Kids taking on the other kid, a nice treat~ Enemy Phasing Raigh was really cool to start off. Those bottom Armors can be annoying so nice to get rid of them. Dragon VS Dragon made for a nice final showdown with some clean up from Snacki. Always nice seeing Lugh’s Rally and Feint Skill come in handy~ That Cleric didn’t stand too much of a chance left on her own~ Good work!~

@Ginko - Nice, your original team took care of this well, even being separated for most of the map, great work!

Oho! Claude featuring his Dawn Brigade Friends~ Definitely a good choice bringing the Micaiahs with those pesky Armors chilling in the back. Who needs Spd when you can just nuke them~ Sothis is awesome for the Player Phase kills. Fitting that Claude closes us out~

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner - "I can do this in one turn because I’m actually Mampfoid with Hardin. First I’m going to Reposition Hardin" *Smites to the ground* I laughed so hard, you have no idea, LMAO~

*Hardin dies* WYYDD, LMAOOOO~ 

*Obstruct Armor traps Reyson*

“First try"

This is like, the best clear of all time, hands down.

@Anacybele - Everything Hilda, Daisy, Maaka, and Sal are saying is correct~ You constantly complain about everything every month and whenever we try to help you, you ignore it. Like Sal said, if you can't beat these maps, then clearly however you're building your units isn't working. You need to study up on how the game works and is played so you can do these things on your own, because as it stands, you're making people want to help you less and less because all you do is complain and never do anything but beg for the game to be made easier instead of actually putting in the work to improve. If it's too much work for you because you "have a life", then accept that you're not going to be able to beat the challenges without guides and just move on. There's no shame in using guides. But the complaining is beyond absurd at this point. IS WILL NOT make it easier. So you can either listen to advice and get better or just keep using guides.

10 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Everything Hilda, Daisy, Maaka, and Sal are saying is correct~ You constantly complain about everything every month and whenever we try to help you, you ignore it. Like Sal said, if you can't beat these maps, then clearly however you're building your units isn't working. You need to study up on how the game works and is played so you can do these things on your own, because as it stands, you're making people want to help you less and less because all you do is complain and never do anything but beg for the game to be made easier instead of actually putting in the work to improve. If it's too much work for you because you "have a life", then accept that you're not going to be able to beat the challenges without guides and just move on. There's no shame in using guides. But the complaining is beyond absurd at this point. IS WILL NOT make it easier. So you can either listen to advice and get better or just keep using guides.

Except not everything they're saying is true at all. One or two things, maybe. But definitely not everything.

And you act like I shouldn't have a life and should devote all my time and energy to a game. Well, it's not going to happen. I have other important goals and dreams I wish to make a reality.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Except not everything they're saying is true at all. One or two things, maybe. But definitely not everything.

And you act like I shouldn't have a life and should devote all my time and energy to a game. Well, it's not going to happen. I have other important goals and dreams I wish to make a reality.

It's good to see that one of your goals and dreams is to complain in this forum. If you have time to complain about this game every single month, you have time to study about FEH mechanics and skills.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

No one said that you should devote all your energy to a game. None of us here spend our whole lives playing FEH but we did take some time to learn things and get better. That doesn't take a lot of time or effort to do. But if doing that for 5 mins a day is too much for you then you really don't have a right to complain if you're not going to do anything to get better.

2 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

It's good to see that one of your goals and dreams is to complain in this forum. If you have time to complain about this game every single month, you have time to study about FEH mechanics and skills.

Oh, I didn't know making a short complaint took the same amount of time as reading numerous walls of texts.

Listen, people. I'm starting a new job that's going to take up a good bit of time. I'm going back to school at the end of the month which will take up even more time. I don't even know if I'll have much time to play games at all, unfortunate as that is. If you have a problem with that, that's all on you. You can't force me to ignore these things and focus on a damn game.

EDIT: It's going to take way more than 5 minutes to read that pile of walls of texts of a guide.

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, I didn't know making a short complaint took the same amount of time as reading numerous walls of texts.

Listen, people. I'm starting a new job that's going to take up a good bit of time. I'm going back to school at the end of the month which will take up even more time. I don't even know if I'll have much time to play games at all, unfortunate as that is. If you have a problem with that, that's all on you. You can't force me to ignore these things and focus on a damn game.

EDIT: It's going to take way more than 5 minutes to read that pile of walls of texts of a guide.

Five minutes... you don't have minutes every day to study a little bit, but you have five minutes every day to complain about everything else. Right, yeah. It's just a "bad game design", just don't spend your precious time with it. We see that you have more things to do than learn about a game... like complain about a game.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Five minutes... you don't have minutes every day to study a little bit, but you have five minutesevery day to complain about everything else. Right, yeah. It's just a "bad game design", just don't spend your precious time with it. We see that you have more things to do than learn about a game... like complain about a game.

It is bad game design to expect players to spend many hours every single day playing it just to be barely good enough to get a nice amount of rewards. I quit Disney Magic Kingdoms for similar reasons (as well as not being compensated for an event disappearing from my game earlier than it should have) and I'm by far not the only one making this complaint about that game. I feel Heroes has been going down a similar, bad path.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I work, volunteer at several places, take care of my sick mother, and still find time to do my hobbies, which includes this game. 

No one has a problem with that. what people have a problem with is you complaining how hard a game is, then refusing to take the time to put the effort in. if you don't want to do it. don't do it. that's your choice. but stop kvetching how difficult it is because you don't want to waste your time (your words)on a damned game (your words) and you want it to be easier (your words) without putting the effort on AI movement, why people rally the way they rally, move the way they move and what conditions things do. 

my grandma had a saying. Either Do it, and be quiet, or Don't do it and be quiet, but complaining never solved anything.  I will never say not to vent, we all need a good vent in our lives, but at this point. either take the effort to get better, and stop complaining, or don't and enjoy your life, and stop complaining. Either way just stop. 

Just now, daisy jane said:

I work, volunteer at several places, take care of my sick mother, and still find time to do my hobbies, which includes this game. 

No one has a problem with that. what people have a problem with is you complaining how hard a game is, then refusing to take the time to put the effort in. if you don't want to do it. don't do it. that's your choice. but stop kvetching how difficult it is because you don't want to waste your time (your words)on a damned game (your words) and you want it to be easier (your words) without putting the effort on AI movement, why people rally the way they rally, move the way they move and what conditions things do. 

my grandma had a saying. Either Do it, and be quiet, or Don't do it and be quiet, but complaining never solved anything.  I will never say not to vent, we all need a good vent in our lives, but at this point. either take the effort to get better, and stop complaining, or don't and enjoy your life, and stop complaining. Either way just stop. 

Good for you. You are not me.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It is bad game design to expect players to spend many hours every single day playing it just to be barely good enough to get a nice amount of rewards. I quit Disney Magic Kingdoms for similar reasons (as well as not being compensated for an event disappearing from my game earlier than it should have) and I'm by far not the only one making this complaint about that game. I feel Heroes has been going down a similar, bad path.

Hm... interesting... so instead of complaining about the game in a "Mythic Hero Battle" Topic or in the "Aether Raids" Topic, why not you create a "Complaining about Heroes and others mobiles games" Topic. I am sure it will be more interesting than the "possible Frederick refencence in 3H" topic.

2 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Hm... interesting... so instead of complaining about the game in a "Mythic Hero Battle" Topic or in the "Aether Raids" Topic, why not you create a "Complaining about Heroes and others mobiles games" Topic. I am sure it will be more interesting than the "possible Frederick refencence in 3H" topic.

...Because that thread would surely get locked? Why would I ever want to make a thread that I know would get locked quickly?

11 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

In spoilers since it isn't topic relevant(and apparently you can't spoiler a quote?).

Spoiler

Ya know the same could be said about folks ragging on Anacybele. Ya don't have to engage, just scrolling past is hardly a difficult task. And if you seriously can't stand that there is an ignore user option. And same goes to Anacybele. Though to fair it is harder to scroll past when you are getting notifications about the post in question.

I was trying to stay out of this since anything I feared anything I said would effectively fall into backseat moderating. However, the irony in that statement I just couldn't resist. But seriously the constant digging and squabbling bothers me far more than constant venting. Because at the least the venting is usually only a post, where as this ends up eating up pages.

Moving on. This one was a tricky cookie to handle with my main clearing team. But eventually I managed all but Abyssal. I will have to look up clears for that since those glasses are nice and I have long since given up the hope that my standard clearing team can handle Abyssal.

So here is my cheap and quick Infernal Clear. Nothing really special, other than the fact that I was able to use my standard story chapter clearing team with only a few changes. Hector needed to have extra speed(if only he didn't have a speed bane!) and he needed to have swap. Valentine Ike needed more speed as well. I also needed him to have just the right amount of attack. So if you try and copy this Ike needs to be +SPD. And finally I needed Ephraim to have a buff on the first turn even though the dang game splits your units up. I really hate that about this game. I really wish our starting position/options were more flexible so that you could better set yourself up.

AND. I realize I didn't double check the video after VLC converted it. Well crap. I need to go to sleep. If folks really want a clearer version I can probably try again tomorrow.

@Landmaster Hey, thanks for dropping by and watch my clear. Yet again, I think forgot to tag someone, it was you I'm sorry.

It was so epic when Shiro duel Sothis. The music intensify the battle while they exchange their special. Sirius is truely scary, took chunk of his HP.

Claude would perform better if the map doesn't seperate him with Sothe. Claude can enjoy Sothe's buff and trigger Cunning Bow to full potential. But yeah Sothe outright kill almost everything except Sothis who got nuked by Micaiah. It was overkill, she doesn't need to proc Glacies at all, just Iceberg and follow up BrashDes is enough to kill.

As for your clear, pretty similar strat to mine with armor wrecker units. I can't imagine how strong Keaton would be at +10. Thanks to Summer Lyn chip away damage and survive at 1 HP. Keaton finish the job.

21 minutes ago, Usana said:

Ya know the same could be said about folks ragging on Anacybele. Ya don't have to engage, just scrolling past is hardly a difficult task. And if you seriously can't stand that there is an ignore user option. And same goes to Anacybele. Though to fair it is harder to scroll past when you are getting notifications about the post in question.

I was trying to stay out of this since anything I feared anything I said would effectively fall into backseat moderating. However, the irony in that statement I just couldn't resist. But seriously the constant digging and squabbling bothers me far more than constant venting. Because at the least the venting is usually only a post, where as this ends up eating up pages.

I don't like it dragging on either, believe me, yeah. I don't mean for it to, and I apologize for it.

Great clear, btw! But yeah, the graphical glitching is rather an eyesore. And it'd be nice to have sound too, but that's not as big a deal. But yay for GD Ike! I used him in this map too. He's so damn good that he's saved me in a lot of tough situations and I'm so glad I really wanted and love him and was lucky enough to get him with +Spd, -HP. XD And I see you got +Spd on him too! Awesome.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Ginko said:

@Landmaster Hey, thanks for dropping by and watch my clear. Yet again, I think forgot to tag someone, it was you I'm sorry.

It was so epic when Shiro duel Sothis. The music intensify the battle while they exchange their special. Sirius is truely scary, took chunk of his HP.

Claude would perform better if the map doesn't seperate him with Sothe. Claude can enjoy Sothe's buff and trigger Cunning Bow to full potential. But yeah Sothe outright kill almost everything except Sothis who got nuked by Micaiah. It was overkill, she doesn't need to proc Glacies at all, just Iceberg and follow up BrashDes is enough to kill.

As for your clear, pretty similar strat to mine with armor wrecker units. I can't imagine how strong Keaton would be at +10. Thanks to Summer Lyn chip away damage and survive at 1 HP. Keaton finish the job.

No problem, I always try to comment as often as I can~ Yeah, would be cool to see Claude at his full potential, he would work really well with Sothe if they had more time near each other~

Yeah, if I could +10 any 5* unit, I'd love for it to be Keaton, or at least get a +Atk IV, he does miss some kills here and there but we've been able to accommodate for the time being.

4 minutes ago, Nym said:

@Anacybele I still have a suggestion to help you if you want. You didn't answer my previous post so I thought maybe you weren't interested.

What previous post? I didn't see any from you.

And I said several times that I already cleared infernal.

Edited by Anacybele

@Anacybele

It was that one.

18 hours ago, Nym said:

I thought you weren't using three dancers at first. Now that you wrote that paragraph burned my first suggestion, I have two others in stock for you if you want them.

But first, can you tell me the skills and seals of Summer Frederick and your two best dancers (like Flying Olivia, Axe Azura or Legendary Azura if you have them).

It was for one of the suggestions I wanted to suggest you.

But if you don't feel it's necessery because you already cleared it, it's fine too Ana.

3 minutes ago, Nym said:

@Anacybele

It was that one.

It was for one of the suggestions I wanted to suggest you.

But if you don't feel it's necessery because you already cleared it, it's fine too Ana.

Well yeah, I already cleared it, so what would it do for me now?

Just now, Anacybele said:

Well yeah, I already cleared it, so what would it do for me now?

Well you know, for future LHB and MHB battles

2 minutes ago, Nym said:

Well you know, for future LHB and MHB battles

Not really. Just because it would've worked in this battle doesn't mean it would work in any others. They're entirely different maps and enemies.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Not really. Just because it would've worked in this battle doesn't mean it would work in any others. They're entirely different maps and enemies.

I hear you.

---

My clear was pretty easy if anyone cares to know. Needed a couple of retries for Infernal but that's it.

Some clears, since i enjoy Grand/Mythic etc hero battles

Nifl siblings vs Sothis Abyssal:

Also only 500ish Dragonflowers away to give +10 to Fjorm and then the Nifl Team is at its max! ❤️

And Bonus Doubler Mayhem. Team Marth vs Team Eliwood: Sothis Abyssal Edition. Debuff Mayhem Edition on the way with Team Gunnthra vs Team Yune!

Managed to do Infernal with the Celica + 3 Dancers combo. Abyssal... is likely not happening as per usual with my clears. 

Really enjoyed this one though. Quite the challenge even on Lunatic.