Fire Emblem Heroes - Legendary Hero (Chrom: Crowned Exalt)

Landmaster

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Legendary Chrom as a blue archer? Ok, that was unexpected. The father trying to powercreep his daughter?

Jokes aside, to be honest this banner is an easy skip for me. Maybe i invest some orbs in the special heroes banner.

By the way, now with Chrom, awakening has 4 legendaries/mythics with him, Lucina, Robin and Naga.

Edited by NicolaTesla&you

Huh. ... Well, I don't think anyone anticipated Chrom. I wonder what would happen if Chrom used his assist skill on Legendary Luncia, who then used her own assist skill.

Anyway, skip banner for me. I just need to decide who my free pull will be aiming for. Leaning towards blue just because I feel kind of bad for Chrom. Lucina always seems to overshadow him (in Smash, now in Heroes as a blue bow unit, and even in his home game, he wasn't as popular, I think...)

1 hour ago, NicolaTesla&you said:

By the way, now with Chrom, awakening has 4 legendaries/mythics with him, Lucina, Robin and Naga.

Naga is listed as being from New Mystery though, so she counts for that one, not Awakening imo.

Man, looking at Chrom's stuff again, it's kind of funny thinking about how badly he works with overworld damagers (like Duma, who inflicts a little bit of damage to everyone at the start of turn 1, or anyone who uses pain/poison/savage blow.) He's probably supposed to be a PP unit to can tank physical damage, but that whole "if foes are at 100%" clause does kind of limit his teammates.

Also, Chrom using a bow is less weird than Faye using a bow, since she can't actually use them in her home game but she never uses anything else in FEH. 'Course, Faye using a bow in FEH is just funny at this point. Also, I figure maybe she's using her time in Askr as a chance to try out a new weapon. Only thing that makes sense.

Still, as fun as it might be to try using Legendary Lucina in conjunction with Legendary Chrom, and as cool as it is seeing Chrom in a tiara (as is his heritage) the only Chrom I really want remains Helpful Chrom. He still hasn't come to my barracks. 😞

Honestly I'm sorta glad that neither Sigurd nor Seliph are the legendary hero, so I can save orbs for sure.

Anyways this banner is a hit and miss regarding colours.

• Red is definitely the most interesting one for me since I have neither Eirika nor Phina and Sothis is a good merge project.
  • Blue is not bad, but I have Azura and Julia already, and I don't need Chrom at all since I have his daughter.
  • Green is terrible honestly. I just have pulled Gerik recently, the only interesting unit from this colour.
  • Colourless has Alm................. but it also has Dooma, so no.

I will pull all the reds I will get from the opening circle.

Edited by Falcom Knight

Personally I will pull for Chrom because with his kit and good Atk he will be an excellent unit to use alongside L!Eliwood. He does not care about panic, has on his base kit CC and and inflicts massive Atk/Def debuffs during combat to the enemy. With QR or steady Posture/swift stance Sacred Seal depending on his statline he could be one of my most used units for Abyssals, in game content and even in AR with the support of peony and Eir (hopefully azura too).

Essentially, as an enemy phase unit he does fit my playstyle quite a lot, which is mostly about having a unit like him with Eliwood and have that unit take everything.

Edited by SuperNova125

41 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Naga is listed as being from New Mystery though, so she counts for that one, not Awakening imo.

And she's also counted as being from Awakening, the game where she actually physically appears, so I don't see it wouldn't count for Awakening but for Mystery (not new mystery) instead.

Anyway, colorless is once again too good for me to pass up.

48 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Naga is listed for both Mystery and Awakening but grouped with the Awakening units for origin-based sorting, so people usually consider her an Awakening unit. Similarly, Legendary Leif is listed for both Genealogy and Thracia but grouped with the Thracia units.

I am happy that Chrom finally got his Legendary Alt... but Legendary Chrom is kinda meh. For me, he is not as interesting as Lucina since I prefer her swap than Chrom's reposition. He can buff himself in 3 stats by having a non Atk Link skill in his B slot, which is nice.

I am still skipping this banner, since Duo Alm is still taking my orbs. I plan to summon on that banner until it ends, but I will do a free summon circle at least... except greens.

55 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Naga is considered part of both games, but in the catalog of heroes she appears alongside the Awakening heroes.

I was writting this comment, but then I left and when I returned I saw that people already said it.

I like Chrom, but this is not what I expected. Art and skills are meh ... they even paired him up with the other legendary blue bow unit in the trailer ... funny. 

I'll pull for Alm merges tomorrow. Might stop after getting Duma and Corrin though, I don't have much use for them. 

After waiting all this time the only things I wanted to see for Legendary Chrom was the Exalt class' appearance, the Exalted Falchion from Awakening (since it's not in any other media other then the debut game, Chrom always has the sealed version) and the Binding Shield being used like Marth's Legendary alt, but I guess that's too much to ask for. Instead they give him a bow, a weapon type he can't even use in the debut game. Very disappointing. 😞

Edited by Fates-Blade

I might go for blue until I pull one of the 3 at random. I kind of win anyway. Sucks a bit that I drained my orbs. But I was going to pull for Leila well knowing that this can turn out like this. I can just take it easy. 

12 hours ago, Timlugia said:

I am very curious about FEH's planning, like why hasn't we getting any Three Houses contents? It's been more than six months and only one was Holiday Sothis alt.

We haven't even complete one pre-skip class, let alone Church or TWISTD characters.

Do you remember the hell that was Fates?  I think IS learned their lesson.

10 hours ago, Baldrick said:

Meanwhile, Lyn's kit actually makes sense for a dual-phase unit, her Spectrum stance-bond makes her a fast tank who can use Desperation once her HP is reduced. Regardless of how well it works, she is very clearly designed for that role.

*cries in -Spd Lyn*

---

Right, forgot about the VG.  Wait, no I didn't.  On the off-chance regular Sothis wins, and I get another one here, I might use the freebie as Time's Pulse fodder.

8 hours ago, XRay said:

If his Atk is high enough to offset the Mt difference between Brave Bow and Thögn, he would be better than GA!Lucina with a Thögn-Desperation set up in terms of combat. Desperation needs set up and can be interrupted, and doubling is dependent on a Spd check and the enemy is not nullifying it, whereas Brave Bow's "Desperation" and double is guaranteed.

The only thing GA!Lucina can do that has better damage output in this scenario would be a fast Brave build.

Legend Chrom would need 41 attack to match Legend Lucina's Mt, 45 when attacking a melee enemy. If countered, she can also activate Moonbow in the first round of combat. Point about the guaranteed double, but I wouldn't give her Desperation anyway.

Legend Chrom might win in pure damage output, but that's not what their niche is. There's a reason she has Wings of Mercy by default.

His Assist is not exactly the best in player hands, since it is less flexible than Future Vision while having the same drawback of not being able to retreat quick enough, but you can just replace it with Reposition.

That's why he's made obsolete by a unit from 2018.

Her vanilla kit does NOT make sense for a dual phase unit. She has Desperation, but her Weapon and A skill does not work on Player Phase in practice as it still has a strict enough positioning requirement to make it a hassle to use at best, or just outright useless for regular use. A nuke often has to leave ally formation pretty far behind, which is outside the range of her Weapon and A skill. She is very much an Enemy Phase unit with a Player Phase skill tacked on.

Being a hassle to use is still usable. Do you dispute the strategy I outlined to use her? I am not arguing that she's good at it, I am arguing that that is her design.

Chrom's weapon condition means he literally can't be a dual-phase unit, and his assist has no synergy with the rest of his kit.

Edited by Baldrick

46 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Legend Chrom would need 41 attack to match Legend Lucina's Mt, 45 when attacking a melee enemy. If countered, she can also activate Moonbow in the first round of combat. Point about the guaranteed double, but I wouldn't give her Desperation anyway.

Chrom can run Lull Atk/Def and Heavy Blade to have Moonbow every round.

Legend Chrom might win in pure damage output, but that's not what their niche is. There's a reason she has Wings of Mercy by default.

That niche is when under AI control. His Isolation means that he would not be messing around with his Assist any further and go straight to attacking. I agree it is not as good as Future Vision, but it serves a slightly different purpose.

If a player is using GA!Lucina, Desperation is pretty much mandatory unless the player is absolutely sure they only need her for only one round of combat. For her Assist, Future Vision trades the ability to retreat quickly for the ability to be more flexible in setting up the formation.

Being a hassle to use is still usable. Do you dispute the strategy I outlined to use her? I am not arguing that she's good at it, I am arguing that that is her design.

That is under an ideal scenario where there is little pressure from the AI. In Aether Raids and Abyssal where enemies are rushing you, the player cannot afford to mess around with positioning like that.

It would be like saying Owl tomes and Bonds are usable on a Player Phase. It sure is usable in modes like high scoring Arena where units have crap skill sets and crap movement, but it is just not viable on more difficult modes.

I am not arguing that she's good at it, I am arguing that that is her design.

Just because she was designed that way does not mean players should use her that way unless they want to challenge themselves or something. BH!Lyn was intended as a counter to Blade cavalry, but very few players use her that way; most players replace that Mulagir crap with Firesweep or Brave Bow.

Edited by XRay

I think many people are comparing him to Lucina (for obvious reasons) however she is a strictly player phase unit with a kit that supports such a play style. However, Chrom on the other hand has 2 Skills for enemy phase (CC and the Rouse) and one that works with his weapon for reducing the Atk Def of his foes. Lucina mostly outclasses him in PP because he is meant to work on EP. And Chrom most certainly isn't made to strictly nuke as if my calculations are correct he stands at 36 base Atk which, despite Support and B slot fixing this a bit, it still isn't that impressive. 

Edited by SuperNova125

Yikes. His attack art is okay but looking at his neutral art...why does his head look so proportionally small? Why are his thighs and hands so big? Maybe it's just that his knees need to be a bit higher on the leg, his pants don't make much sense to me, and...I still think his hands are weirdly big. Not by a gigantic amount, but enough to be confusing. It's like most of him is in a standard view but his limbs are in prospective at random points for some reason... I like the sketchy sort of style he has, but I think the proportions could be adjusted a bit.

Edit: Something about his face doesn't look quite right, either. Reminds me a bit of Kris or Marth. Also, just looking at his bow makes me think "red bow." Hrm.

Edited by Mercakete

31 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

I think many people are comparing him to Lucina (for obvious reasons) 

Unique utility is an important factor in a unit’s worth. How many EP tanks and PP nukes exist? Neither Chrom nor Lucina have anything special in this department. Whereas how many units can use their assist and then take another action without being danced? That skill is much more useful for a PP-focused unit.

3 hours ago, daisy jane said:

no, what hell is this? 

I think she’s talking about the Fates over-saturation in FEH that didn’t truly end until last year’s picnic banner at the latest.

Edited by Tybrosion

6 hours ago, eclipse said:

Do you remember the hell that was Fates?  I think IS learned their lesson.

*cries in -Spd Lyn*

---

Right, forgot about the VG.  Wait, no I didn't.  On the off-chance regular Sothis wins, and I get another one here, I might use the freebie as Time's Pulse fodder.

I remember, but that was like several Fates banner in a row for a few months.

I think most players would agree that one TH banner ever two months or so would be reasonable, but right now we have none for six months already.

Edited by Timlugia

4 hours ago, Timlugia said:

I remember, but that was like several Fates banner in a row for a few months.

I think most players would agree that one TH banner ever two months or so would be reasonable, but right now we have none for six months already.

I'd rather they be slightly stingy with 3H instead of a repeat of. . .that.