Fire Emblem Heroes - Legendary Hero (Chrom: Crowned Exalt)

Landmaster

F!F!Corrin's probably the best choice for a 3rd Colorless one could ask for and I don't have her so I'm definitely sticking to the plan of focusing on Colorless~

Phina does make up for Marth being gone, but I probably won't pull too heavily on Red. 

Blue is alright but I would rather Julia and then Chrom, I don't really need multiple Azuras so I probably won't tap on Blue unless I'm in a mono-blue or mono-blue/green circle~

Green has Lyn and that's about it~ Gerik would be more enticing if I didn't get one of him recently, but I've already gotten what I need from him so I don't see any reason to go near Green~

So Colorless -> Red -> Blue ------> Green

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Chrom getting a Legendary alt after so long is a good thing, imo. It's been forever since his cav version came out.

If less than two years is forever, even after getting three alts in a bit over a year, what do you call more than three years?

Well, I'm disappointed it's not Micaiah (a potential colorless hero had my hopes up), but it has been a while since Awakening's last legendary and Chrom was an obvious exclusion. Considering it was the game that saved the franchise, he was going to come at some point. Good luck to his fans!

That leaves Micaiah and the Judgral lords as some of the only lords without legendaries...  Crossing my fingers for Micaiah next!

5 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

If less than two years is forever, even after getting three alts in a bit over a year, what do you call more than three years?

More than 3= IS forgot you exist so you're as good as dead until someone over there recalls your existance this is about Seliph, right?

12 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

I’d personally call it: “no character is entitled to anything (CYL aside of course) in this game whether it’s an alt or just being in the game at all.”

57 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Chrom getting a Legendary alt after so long is a good thing, imo. It's been forever since his cav version came out. That being said, he's kinda...meh? His Prf assist is worse than Future Vision because the skill doesn't help Chrom himself move foward while L!Lucina can. His Bow is pretty meh too, the null debuff and Tier 4 Lull are nice but being tied to the enemy being at full health is a bit of a stinker when you factor bombers like F!Berkut/Lif. I'm betting on him being slow-ish just like every other Chrom variant, meaning he'll need the QR seal and he's going to get bodied by Mareeta/any NFU user. 

For defense, it might not be a bad thing to move his allies a little farther back, and his Isolation makes sure that he goes on offense instead of dilly dallying around, and he can still be the target of Dance/Sing after he attacks, assuming he is still alive at that point.

30 minutes ago, Nym said:

I was afraid he would basically be a better version of Legendary Lucina but apparently he is not?

He screams Brave Bow if you want to use him on Player Phase. I think he just fills a slightly different niche.

Seliph: I suppose I'll get my chance another day...

Okay, with my love for Seliph aside, I'm just..okay with this one. Nothing in Chrom really shines to me.

His art is kinda of funny if you ask me. It looks like they wanted to go with Legendary Leif's style, did it too similar and were pressed to make him stand out more.

..However, my real objetive actually lies at his crew.

This likely isn't a popular opinion, but I’m happy Chrom finally got his legendary alt. I don’t really mind that he overlaps a little with L!Lucina, in fact I’m happy that IS is trying a little to be creative with the sword lords. 

Colorless is the winner this banner (because extra Dumas are more useful than extra L!Azuras), and blue is right behind it. Green is slightly more appealing to me than red because I like Gunnthra and L!Lyn (combined) more than Sothis. Gerik and the rapier thief are the only true duds on this banner.

As a Chrom fan...I'm kinda mixed, like yes I want because complete husbando collection is a must, but...I have my main team already (Lucy, Grima, Veronica and Legendary Azura).

I might save for a rerun if he doesn't come easily on this banner (highly likely I'm sure).

Hey, it's a bow color I could use!

Red - Literally merge fodder.  Though Sothis/Phina would get rid of disastrous banes.
Blue - Chrom's obviously new, as is Julia.  I'm going to be annoyed if I pull Azura, though (love her to bits, but she'd be copy number one too many).
Green - Legendary Lyn welcomes the merge, because her bane is on par with my red units.  Gerik/Gunnthra are new.  Could be worse!
Colorless - HERE WE GO!  Don't have either dragon, and if I somehow get Legendary Alm to +10, he's outright replacing Leon.

Thus, colorless > green = blue >> red

1 hour ago, XRay said:

He screams Brave Bow if you want to use him on Player Phase. I think he just fills a slightly different niche.

If he’s enemy phase his assist is just Reposition. If he’s player phase he’s Lucina with a less flexible assist, a worse stat spread and a generic weapon. His weapon isn’t even suited to a dual phase build.

People mock Legendary Lyn, but at least she was a genuine attempt at a dual phase unit.

Edited by Baldrick

Despite me waiting for Micaiah or dragon Corrin, Chrom is a fine choice and he also had a long time to get an alt so its all great. Also he seems to be a mixed phase unit and I like those I will be using him if I get him. 

Red. Why Phina? Yes, I don't disagree she can be a nice unit for vantage and she still is a dancer but I don't have either Special Spiral or Null c disrupt so she will be a waste. Sothis however needs merges and another nature so I will go for red. 

Blue is really good. Julia and Azura are units I need to merge and finally use respectively. Chrom also is a new hero and a good unit as well. Also I am glad that Close counter is finally available in the monthly pool as Brunya has been waiting for ages to get it. 

Green is skip as I don't like any of the units. 

Colourless is simply awesome. Merges for Alm and Corrin is more than I could ask for and Duma is good to have as I want a second Anima Mythic. 

Overally this is a nice banner, I have currently 270 seved orbs and by the time the banner begins I will be at 289 I think. I don't know if I should spent all of them here or start saving some of them for Brave Edelgard who I intend to +10.

Edited by SuperNova125

not unexpectable, but still a disappointment for me, i sleep

well, at least i can welcome his legendary battle's orbs while waiting for rhea or other tellius and genealogy units

2 hours ago, Baldrick said:

If he’s enemy phase his assist is just Reposition. If he’s player phase he’s Lucina with a less flexible assist, a worse stat spread and a generic weapon. His weapon isn’t even suited to a dual phase build.

People mock Legendary Lyn, but at least she was a genuine attempt at a dual phase unit.

How is his weapon not an attempt at dual phase as long as the enemy is at 100% health? -6 Atk/Def incombat debuffs is huge and he gives the middle finger to debuffs.

If anything i think he can dualphase much better then Legendary Lyn

Hmmm, my plan was Colourless and Blur. Alm is my merge project for AB and Earth week Arena. Duma is useful for Mjolnir strike. 

F!F!Corrin is a real stinker though, I have two already who will go to Loki and B!Fjorm for sudden panic. That’s enough. I hope she does not show up.

Blue had Azura as my water merge project and L!Julia has impact fodder. Chrom is decent fodder except I have 4 CC’s and some lulls lying around that I am stuck on what to do with. He is 6k feathers though. 

I am going for both colours, but is I see one of my duds I am out. Need my 630 orbs for other things than just this.

About time Chrom get his Legendary alt. I was expecting him to be a blue unit but didn't think they would give him him a bow though it makes sense since he could be reclass to the Archer/Sniper/Bow Knight classes in Awakening.

This banner looks very tempting to me. Red, Blue and Colorless all have units I would like to pull. I don't have but would appreciate getting Phina, L!Eirika, L!Chrom, L!Julia, Duma and FHF!Corrin and I would not say no to merges for L!Azura, L!Alm and Sothis. Sitill, I haven't decided if I will actually spent orbs here though. Would still like to have a healthy amount of orbs saved up for the next Awakening or Fates New Heroes banner. And you never know, considering Chrom got a Legendary alt here the New Heroes banner coming in March next week could be an Awakening New Heroes banner (I can already see the salt from people expecting a Three Houses banner incoming). So, I'm thinking I might actually wait until the preview video for next week's banner goes up first before deciding if I want to pull on the Legendary banner.

Edited by NSSKG151

I actually really like what they did with Chrom. His art is awkward and weird, but as far as the unit goes he looks fantastic and strong. Right up my alley with the type of unit he is. Sadly this banner is a pass. I don't care about L!Julia and don't need L!Azura so it's 1/3 for blue. A non -ATK Gerik would be nice and of course I want Lyn but I have pretty historically bad fortune with green and Gunnthra is a horrible unit to pull on a legendary banner in today's era. Colorless is cool but I have all the units and 2 F!Corrins and she's the most enticing. Then there's red, of course I want Sothis but L!Eirika is superfluous for me now and so is Phina.

Not enough positives for me to pull on this banner. Gonna keep saving.

42 minutes ago, Hilda said:

How is his weapon not an attempt at dual phase as long as the enemy is at 100% health?

Because it only lasts one round, he either has to avoid damaging the enemy or try to one-shot them. The latter requires either going full EP with QR seal, or overhauling his kit for PP only.

Meanwhile, Lyn's kit actually makes sense for a dual-phase unit, her Spectrum stance-bond makes her a fast tank who can use Desperation once her HP is reduced. Regardless of how well it works, she is very clearly designed for that role.

Edited by Baldrick

8 hours ago, KMT4ever said:

Well, Chrom finally got his Legendary alt. Next should be Micaiah, Sigurd, or Seliph if IS is going to finally finish off the lord roster.

Hard to say. Seems like we're about to start getting more 3H banners soon, so we might start getting 3H legendaries as well.

So we're down to Micaiah, Elincia (FE10 Part 2 counts imo), Seliph, Sigurd, Male Robin, Female Corrin, Male Corrin, and Xander for primary lords without a legendary alt from before 3H. One could argue the primary list is down to Micaiah, Seliph, Sigurd, and Corrin (either gender) if you're more picky on what you consider to be primary.

Anyhow, Colourless is amazing, Blue is pretty good, Red is slightly less good, Green is trash. 

Edited by TheNiddo

5 hours ago, Baldrick said:

If his Atk is high enough to offset the Mt difference between Brave Bow and Thögn, he would be better than GA!Lucina with a Thögn-Desperation set up in terms of combat. Desperation needs set up and can be interrupted, and doubling is dependent on a Spd check and the enemy is not nullifying it, whereas Brave Bow's "Desperation" and double is guaranteed.

The only thing GA!Lucina can do that has better damage output in this scenario would be a fast Brave build.

His Assist is not exactly the best in player hands, since it is less flexible than Future Vision while having the same drawback of not being able to retreat quick enough, but you can just replace it with Reposition.

3 hours ago, Baldrick said:

Meanwhile, Lyn's kit actually makes sense for a dual-phase unit, her Spectrum stance-bond makes her a fast tank who can use Desperation once her HP is reduced. Regardless of how well it works, she is very clearly designed for that role.

Her vanilla kit does NOT make sense for a dual phase unit. She has Desperation, but her Weapon and A skill does not work on Player Phase in practice as it still has a strict enough positioning requirement to make it a hassle to use at best, or just outright useless for regular use. A nuke often has to leave ally formation pretty far behind, which is outside the range of her Weapon and A skill. She is very much an Enemy Phase unit with a Player Phase skill tacked on.

4 hours ago, Hilda said:

How is his weapon not an attempt at dual phase as long as the enemy is at 100% health? -6 Atk/Def incombat debuffs is huge and he gives the middle finger to debuffs.

He is going to get himself killed on Player Phase if he sticks with his default bow. Atk/Def-6 is not enough to save him against a proper Enemy Phase unit that can counter, double via Quick Riposte, and wack him with Bonfire/Ignis. His Atk might be high, but I do not think it is anywhere high enough for one shots, and he most likely does not have enough Spd to consistently double to kill an enemy before they can double back.

To sort out the conflicts with the Hero Rises VG ending three hours before this does, I think I'll wait to pull on this until the semifinals finish.

• If neither Alm nor Sothis makes it into the finals: Pull red and blue until I get a new unit from each one (anyone except Azura). If I get one red unit, keep pulling red orbs on any sessions I'm already doing until I get a second, but don't start new sessions after getting a red and a blue. If neither is available, pull colorless for Alm.
  • If Alm makes it into the finals: Same as above, except instead of colorless, pull green for Gerik if neither main color is available.
  • If Sothis makes it into the finals: Pull blue until I get Julia or Chrom. Also pull any red orbs that show up during this time until I get Eirika or Phina. If I don't get any of the red units before finishing this, wait until as late in the round as possible to determine if Sothis is likely to win. If not, pull for one of the reds. If one shows up, pull any remaining red orbs in that session until I get a second.

If I get one blue unit and I'm still pulling red, I'd prioritize the second one below Alm (unless he's in the finals) but above Gerik. If I get two red units and I'm still pulling blue... I guess Sothis > Alm > Eirika > Gerik > Phina > Finals!Sothis > Finals!Alm?