Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Maybe she shows up in the sequel.

If Second Light turns out to be one, and she shows up in it, I wouldn't mind it, certainy!
Tuesday cannot be here soon enough!

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Good to know. I imagine you take it with something else, since drinking the vas-tasting stuff without any good might make it harder to swallow.

Sometimes, I drink it raw, which is hell.
I usually mix it with apple juice, though.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But at least it's a drink and not pills. I physically cannot take pills unless they are crushed.

My grandmother recommended it to me, said it helped her before. And I trust my grandmother before anyone else.
The doctor's solution to it was to want to remove my kidney entirely, to which I said "screw that!" and looked around for household remedies instead.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Same. I kinda let it slide a bit, being a remake of a 90s game where the creator still lives in the past but....yeah.

Spoiler

Worst part is, it even affects Faye, the one new character they introduced.
Who has one of the worst endings in the entire series, to me.

Ruben, don't open the spoiler!

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

26 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I thought you hated the man though

I hated the mc of the first game (Chaos;Head) not this one xD

21 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Oh, so it's one of those endings, eh?

Kinda? XD

Imagine if at the end of Heaven's feel Sakura got blamed for everything and got locked up for life...

That's pretty much what happens here.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

having a kidney stone)

I hope something is gonna be done about that. I remember my dad having it like ~20 years ago and in how much pain he was

Edited by Shrimp γ

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

The doctor's solution to it was to want to remove my kidney entirely, to which I said "screw that!" and looked around for household remedies instead.

Didn't want the surgery, i take it? Understandable, going into surgery is never pleasant.

3 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

Kinda? XD

Imagine if at the end of Heaven's feel Sakura got blamed for everything and got locked up for life...

Truly it was a Chaos;Ending.

4 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

Kinda? XD

Wow, that sucks!
Though... that kind of ending would be a perfect one for a parody of Heaven's Feel. XD

6 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

I hope something is gonna be done about that. I remember my dad having it like ~20 years ago and in how much pain he was

The cider vinegar will hopefully have its intended effect!
After that, I'll need to be careful about what I eat, though.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Didn't want the surgery, i take it? Understandable, going into surgery is never pleasant.

That, and I don't see why I should have my kidney removed over something that can be fixed in other ways.
Not to mention the costs involved, and the inevitable hassle I would have with my health insurance to get them to pay for it, and the stress resulting from that, which would inevitably make me feel even more miserable...

Yeah, compared to that, I'd rather suffer drinking something that tastes utterly disgusting. XD

It's a common thing i've seen across many jp works tbh and something i can never agree with

That thinking bad things (and not intentionally acting on it or being forced to act on it due to fantasy stuff) makes you a bad person. I can understand the guilt feeling due to the fallout, but getting blamed for something you didn't do always feels sketchy to me, and more like "thought crime".

We are humans, not Saints, us not thinking bad things, especially during stressful/hard situations is downright impossible.

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

inevitable hassle I would have with my health insurance to get them to pay for it

It's why we pay for healthcarw our whole lives, so at times like these we don't go bankrupt ala certain countries. Don't feel bad about that. Also shouldn't be too much of hassle if it's recommended from the doctor

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Also, to everyone worried about me: first of all, thank you for doing so, and I'm sorry to have made you.
I'm okay. I was at the doctor's this morning, they said everything just came from a stress-induced lack of sleep (also, having a kidney stone).

Glad to hear it was mostly in the mind, truly, oneself is sometimes one's greatest enemy.

38 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And I can! Namely, drinking cider vinegar! Stuff tastes like hell, but it dissolves those things over a longer period of time.

What a coincidence, I was watching a video last night on posca- the drink loved by Roman legions. Consisted of nothing but water, mixed with a little wine vinegar, and maybe a pinch of salt. Later post-Antiquity versions added either a small or heaping amounts of herbs as well, although by this post-400s AD point, posca had become more of a potion.

Surprisingly, posca is not bad according to the modern guy who threw it together. Not great, he wouldn't make it again, but not something he'd turn down if offered a free glass.

-Although, drinking too much vinegar will, like saltwater, dehydrate you. It might taste refreshing, but that's not what it actually does.

21 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

😬

Once you're down to one... I would be paranoid of the bad news coming one day that puts you on dialysis for the rest of your life. That is a very very very grim prospect.

So yes, do see about alternatives first.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

That, and I don't see why I should have my kidney removed over something that can be fixed in other ways.

Oh the whole kidney. I read "remove the kidney stone". Yeah, I don't blame you at all.

3 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

It's a common thing i've seen across many jp works tbh and something i can never agree with

That thinking bad things (and not intentionally acting on it or being forced to act on it due to fantasy stuff) makes you a bad person. I can understand the guilt feeling due to the fallout, but getting blamed for something you didn't do always feels sketchy to me, and more like "thought crime".

Remember, Japan is the country where they can find out you smoked weed once 20 years ago and suddenly you will be erased from existence.

4 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

It's why we pay for healthcarw our whole lives, so at times like these we don't go bankrupt ala certain countries.

Hahahahaha

Hahahhahahahahahhahahahaa

Help

Yeah i missed the "whole kidney" part as well.

Definitely try other options first

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Japan is the country where they can find out you smoked weed once 20 years ago and suddenly you will be erased from existence

Tbf, many countries across the world are still like that. Not that i agree with said countries.

Edited by Shrimp γ

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

I'd legit love that!

Make it happen, Japan.

The real kicker are some of the endings for the women in this game.
I won't spoil anything, but man, some of those really did not do the characters involved justice.
I consider myself a fan of Echoes as a whole, but many of the endings for the female characters, I really did not like at all.

No need to worry too much about spoilers. I know the plot of Echoes, roughly, and story isn't why I play these games anyway.

...That being said, yeah. I know some of those endings, and they're... pretty damn bleh.

58 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Counterpoint: SoV has the bolded parts too.

Counterpoint 2: Kaga still wrote the original script back in 92. So all of the damsel in distress stuff was already there.

I don't understand, what point are you trying to counter here? I was never arguing that Gaiden was somehow better than Echoes. Where did you get that? I literally said Gaiden was possibly the game in the series with the worst treatment of its female characters!

My point is that Echoes took Gaiden, which was already bad in this regard, and made it worse. Rinea and Faye didn't exist in Gaiden, and neither did Conrad and the plethora of damsel moments Celica is saddled with to justify his existence. What's IntSys's excuse here?

58 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Same. I kinda let it slide a bit, being a remake of a 90s game where the creator still lives in the past but....yeah.

Yeah, I agree with this. The part that I do take some issue with is... well, what I explained before. Everything new they added is no better than what was already there.

Now, mind, I'm not saying we should cancel IntSys or anything. But you can't say Echoes improved on this particular issue of Gaiden. Quite the opposite, I would argue, if you consider that the female protagonist of the game is somehow treated with less respect in the remake. I mean, sure, Gaiden barely had a plot and as such Celica didn't have much character, but precisely for that reason, they could've used the opportunity to improve on her and make her a great female protagonist... as opposed to dragging her through the mud for the sake of her long lost brother OC that feels straight out of a fanfic.

No, I don't like Conrad very much. Why?

47 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Hide contents

Worst part is, it even affects Faye, the one new character they introduced.
Who has one of the worst endings in the entire series, to me.

Ruben, don't open the spoiler!

Again, no worries.

I mean, that's hardly even a spoiler lol, you don't even say what the ending is. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen her ending, actually. Now I'm looking forward to it.

30 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

We are humans, not Saints

Speak for yourself.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Anyhow, Tobin comes back to the fold as a mage because it felt silly to bench only one person and I want Kliff to have a support partner. I didn't want to make him a merc because I am an extremely stubborn person. While I grinded him back to speed, Forsyth Forsythed his way to a promotion. Now he's a baron. I love that model, seriously, it looks so majestic.

Mage Tobin? A surprisingly optimal choice.

All of these years playing Fire Emblem, and I am fairly certain today is the first time I have ever used the Triangle Attack for a serious purpose. Est couldn't finish a gargoyle on her own. With the TA she could.

Goes to show how useful the thing is in most of these games, doesn't it.

Anyway, Mila's temple is got.

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

Mage Tobin? A surprisingly optimal choice.

Don't say things like that.

When I got to the ending of Echoes, I was crying tears of joy and clapping loudly, because the game was finally over, so I don’t remember many character endings.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You didn't explore hard enough. You were too busy wasting your time on stupid things like... Advancing the investigation. Blah!

I spent plenty of time exploring, but couldn’t find my destination.

Seriously, where on Earth is this Frittte place?

The body's still hanging in my game lol. It's day 3 and I've yet to perform the first step of the investigation.

Because you were too busy trying to shoot the kid instead of the rope.

Dude! I haven't even gotten the body down yet! The game said it would be devilishly difficult to get those boots! Grrr...

Don't tell me how to do it, by the way. I'll find out by myself.

The game outright tells you how.

Well, I guess there is one choice to be made, and I don’t know if it matters, but if it does I made the right one.

...Still, you're making some mad progress. But I'll take solace in the fact that I have a roof over my head and you don't. Hah!

So, when you get to the end of the first day without having paid your bills, Kim has you sell these valuable things in the back of his car and gives you exactly enough to pay the dude. Yes I have a roof over my head.

Now how I’m going to get rent every day is a different story… I’d have money if I could find this Frittte place!

Oh my fucking God, there it is.

Nuibaba's Abode. So close.

Please no... I'm not ready. I'm not ready to go through that again.

21 minutes ago, Sooks said:

When I got to the ending of Echoes, I was crying tears of joy and clapping loudly, because the game was finally over, so I don’t remember many character endings.

Pfft.

I spent plenty of time exploring, but couldn’t find my destination.

Seriously, where on Earth is this Frittte place?

North. The map isn't that big, Sooks. Also, right click highlights every clickable object. Really handy feature, you should try it.

Because you were too busy trying to shoot the kid instead of the rope.

Hey, my chance of hitting the rope was just as bad as the child. I decided not to risk blowing the cadaver's brains out.

The game outright tells you how.

Well, I guess there is one choice to be made, and I don’t know if it matters, but if it does I made the right one.

Fine.

So, when you get to the end of the first day without having paid your bills, Kim has you sell these valuable things in the back of his car and gives you exactly enough to pay the dude. Yes I have a roof over my head.

That's bullshit. I was hoping you'd be a hobo cop for a while. Oh, well.

Now how I’m going to get rent every day is a different story… I’d have money if I could find this Frittte place!

North.

Eyyyy, there he is! The man, the myth, the legend! The sewer dweller, Nomah! I will give him the mage ring I just found and both charges of this attack spring that is here. Not the experience fountains, though. Those went to Sonya so she could promote.

Also, Atlas's rescue range is damn near map-wide. Awesomeeeeee, that's gonna be the way to keep Valbar going in the swamps!

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

North. The map isn't that big, Sooks. Also, right click highlights every clickable object. Really handy feature, you should try it.

Would you believe me if I said I tried every other direction first? It became time to sleep when I got to the north.

And yeah, the tab key does the same thing, which I’ve been using.

That moment when you've got a performance at 8:30 in the morning and went to bed early but fell asleep at 4 anyways.

It's gonna be a tad rough.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Also, to everyone worried about me: first of all, thank you for doing so, and I'm sorry to have made you.

Ey, no problem! There are things worth getting stressed over, and this is one of 'em.

'm okay. I was at the doctor's this morning, they said everything just came from a stress-induced lack of sleep (also, having a kidney stone).

That's good!

I... I think it is, at least.

So says the masochist who lives by the philosophy of "only pain can bring happiness",

Hey, Ruben's finally found an anime character he can relate to!

'Morning, all!

The world map music for act 4 is beautiful. A fine funeral march as I creep ever closer to Nuibaba's Abode.

I am so afraid of that map. So very afraid. It murdered the game in my first try... I mean, I still have to go through Berkut, Xaizor and Marla to get to the main event, but...

...I'll do it later. Won't be long till I have to go, anyway.

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Would you believe me if I said I tried every other direction first? It became time to sleep when I got to the north.

Ahahahahaha... Man, that's unfortunate.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

That moment when you've got a performance at 8:30 in the morning and went to bed early but fell asleep at 4 anyways.

It's gonna be a tad rough.

I know the feeling. It's so frustrating... And of course, the frustration just makes it harder to sleep.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Hey, Ruben's finally found an anime character he can relate to!

Uhhh... Somehow, I don't think so.

Can't believe I forgot to check this.

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/11/famitsu-sales-10-25-21-10-31-21

SRW 30 was second best selling of the week of its release, only beaten by Mario Party Superstars. That said, Famitsu doesn't seem to include whatever PC sales 30 got, so there could be a chance it actually outsold it... maybe. But then again, PC gaming isn't so hot in Japan right now best I recall. In any case, not a bad start, I'd say. Now I wonder when there could be news of worldwide sales...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I think I have time for another map before I go. So I'll get started on Celica's side.

...Ah.

Jamsxjdu o

I didn't remember this fellow's existence.

Heh. I was thinking they'd exercised some mighty restraint in not giving any of the brigands Spanish names... He even has the soap opera protagonist stache. Bah...