Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

9 hours ago, Sooks said:

Nearest metropolis? You’re either going a long way or you live in an awesome place. Congrats, try to enjoy your trip!

I know you don’t want to go but you might still enjoy it, that happened to me a bit ago.

Well, the deal has been literally sweetened. We'll be getting some doughnuts for breakfast that we had to preorder tonight. I picked a creme brûlée yeast dough and a chocolate blackout cake doughnut. I was reallllly considering tres leche, because how often do you find that anywhere? But that the brûlée sounded too similar, so chocolate it'll be.

There will likely be cheesecakes, possibly cookies, and potentially cupcakes.

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I would say this place is more of a Xeno/MonolithSoft or Falcom fan club before anything else.

I admit a great deal of my more recent posts have almost entirely dedicated to commenting on Armagon's Baten Kaitos runs. But to be fair, those old games have a certain place in my memories, and I've never actually had a chance to talk about them to others, which is useful in formulating and reformulating my own perspectives on the games.

Not to say I'm solely given over to the Monolith. I've had my Final Fantasy phase, my Tales moments, hot passions for SMT's edginess, Etrian Odyssey hardcore highs, SRW Original Generation bacchanals, and Dragon Quest fun.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well, the deal has been literally sweetened. We'll be getting some doughnuts for breakfast that we had to preorder tonight. I picked a creme brûlée yeast dough and a chocolate blackout cake doughnut. I was reallllly considering tres leche, because how often do you find that anywhere? But that the brûlée sounded too similar, so chocolate it'll be.

Nice! Hope you kill enjoy EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM!

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Awesome! Enjoy them!

16 minutes ago, Benice said:

Nice! Hope you kill enjoy EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM!

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Awesome! Enjoy them!

Oh, I will. Thanks!

If you are what you eat, I am the beginning and the end. If someone wanted to bribe/date me, breakfast or dessert would be the way to do it. Lunch and dinner are but the savory snacks (very delicious ones in their own right, you can win me with a great pizza too) that sit between the hours where an abundance of sugar is permissible.

-Not to say I don't mind a less saccharine dessert, I got a doughnut a few weeks ago called the "Salty Dog", which was that milk-caramel that I find to be an acquired taste called dulce de leche, with good sprinkling of sea salt. It made me recoil with saline potency.

Now, how to work French macaroons into tomorrow's itinerary? I've a real itch to try those, because I've seen them on baking shows so many times, and yet never have I tried one. So might as well get the best I can find for a first impression.

I should really be getting to sleep now for the sake of the day-trip, so good night, or good day, or good eternal twilight of the realm of those exiled by the Golden Goddesses!

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If someone wanted to bribe/date me, breakfast or dessert would be the way to do it.

How many doughnuts for you to play Yakuza?

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

How many doughnuts for you to play Yakuza?

I love Oreo filling and could take a box of those, or a box of frosted donuts with sprinkles. 😋

Wait why am I answering?

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I love Oreo filling and could take a box of those, or a box of frosted donuts with sprinkles. 😋

Heheheheheheheheh...EHEHEHEHEHEHHEHHAHHOOOHAHAAAHAHHAAAAAAAA!!

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

Needs more Kaiju

True. I made this before the Kaiju craze xD

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

Have my rants scared you off?

not really, or not only yours, i shall say. I've been keeping my eyes here and there about the game so...

Oh, this has got to be a bad joke.

If I press X to look at my units' statsheets on the prepscreen of this auxiliary battle, the HUD disappears and the game softlocks. I can turn the camera around, but the game is just done.

Yep, it is no exaggeration to say that Three Houses is the most technically incompetent game I've ever played. And I've played Bethesda games. Even those didn't pull shit like this.

God, I'd forgotten everyone gains experience at the speed of Path of Radiance in this difficulty. And that everyone but Byleth deals chip damage to everything. And that there's like 40 minutes of downtime in between battles. And that this game hurts to look at.

Yeah, you know what? I think I've seen about enough. I got to experience the game shitting itself when I tried going into the stat menu. That makes for a pretty complete experience, I believe.

It was a bad idea to do this while playing Sun God's Wrath. Maybe I should try replaying Path of Radiance and Three Houses at the same time. That might be a more fair match-up.

Until then, you get your wish, @Acacia Sgt. I am now spiting Three Houses.

D7srgzjk o

Let's hope this goes better.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If I press X to look at my units' statsheets on the prepscreen of this auxiliary battle, the HUD disappears and the game softlocks. I can turn the camera around, but the game is just done.

Yep, it is no exaggeration to say that Three Houses is the most technically incompetent game I've ever played. And I've played Bethesda games. Even those didn't pull shit like this.

...... Do you remember which map?

This is definitely one I've never had happen before.

(Hell, I had the game crash (and on an even more illogical action), but I'm still curious what was the step too far)

Just now, Dayni said:

...... Do you remember which map?

The first auxiliary battle. The one that's forced.

The only thing that was different from my past runs was Maddening and Sylvain's presence. At first I thought it was Sylvain, but no, it was everyone.

Just now, Dayni said:

(Hell, I had the game crash (and on an even more illogical action), but I'm still curious what was the step too far)

I wish I knew.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The first auxiliary battle. The one that's forced.

I would go and check actually.

Post what you did around the time and I'll see what I can figure out.

Keep in mind I've been roped into something so it'll be late before I get round to it.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I wish I knew.

I know my case is weird. It crashed between two cutscenes. I had the game fully crash.

Rebooted, I think I skipped the first cutscene (as I'd just seen it, y'see) and things worked out. I wouldn't be surprised if watched it again things worked.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

I would go and check actually.

Post what you did around the time and I'll see what I can figure out.

Nothing.

Seriously. I did absolutely nothing out of the ordinary. I just pressed X to go into the menu, and then the HUD disappeared. I could still turn the camera, and the music was still playing, but no matter what I pressed, there was no way out of that.

This was consistent, too. I soft-reset the game a few times and the bug did not go away.

I know my case is weird. It crashed between two cutscenes. I had the game fully crash.

Rebooted, I think I skipped the first cutscene (as I'd just seen it, y'see) and things worked out. I wouldn't be surprised if watched it again things worked.

What a game. Triple A production, right here.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

What a game. Triple A production, right here.

Considering the bugs in some AAA games, yep it is.

Aside from not feeling it's quite there due to this level of output, I'd suspect it's not on AAA budgets too but that's beside the point when some "AAA" series have definitely dropped their standards too but that's another topic.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nothing.

Seriously. I did absolutely nothing out of the ordinary. I just pressed X to go into the menu, and then the HUD disappeared. I could still turn the camera, and the music was still playing, but no matter what I pressed, there was no way out of that.

This might be tricky to check if it's random.

So (And this is me repeating myself) you had recruited Sylvain, were at the first aux fight, went into the unit select menu and pressed X to get all the units. Then you had no HUD. And you had this happen repeatedly.

Definitely a first for me to hear the game bugging out at that fight that's for sure.

I can't say I remember a single crash with 3H, the majority of my Switch crashes have happened with Civ VI. By which I mean "game forces itself to close", and this has happened more times than I can count. I've had a variety of other minor issues, rivers that are invisible, all the water on the map turned into a white void once, I usually have issues scrolling through the city production selections, the text on Science Victory project completion was messed up, a transparency effect was added to the tech tree's background. Then there was the one month when an update made the game literally unplayable.  -Although in Civ VI's defense, it is a ported PC game, which although not intensive upfront, nonetheless has a lot of number crunching going on in the background when your turn ends and it has to decide what the AI will do.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

So (And this is me repeating myself) you had recruited Sylvain, were at the first aux fight, went into the unit select menu and pressed X to get all the units. Then you had no HUD.

I pressed X to go into the statsheet. No matter where I did it, at the deployment list or at the item menu, the bug happened.

And you had this happen repeatedly.

Yep. Consistently, the same exact bug, after like 5 soft resets.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

God, I'd forgotten everyone gains experience at the speed of Path of Radiance in this difficulty. And that everyone but Byleth deals chip damage to everything. And that there's like 40 minutes of downtime in between battles. And that this game hurts to look at.

Yeah, you know what? I think I've seen about enough. I got to experience the game shitting itself when I tried going into the stat menu. That makes for a pretty complete experience, I believe.

I agree of course but your opinion is much stronger than mine, haha. I can't say that i despise the game, just don't really like it.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Until then, you get your wish, @Acacia Sgt. I am now spiting Three Houses.

D7srgzjk o

Let's hope this goes better.

Damn classic! If I knew all it took was to give up, would've given up a long time ago.

Okay, so, VERY IMPORTANT before you properly begin. Use this:

https://akurasu.net/wiki/Super_Robot_Wars/J

SRW games rarely do things twice when it comes to stuff like unlocking secret units and characters. As such, you have to use a guide for such things. Some things you can also check in the game itself, but for other things like the solution for the optional puzzle stages (if you can't figure them out), use the wiki. Akurasu is always a good source to check out when playing a SRW game.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah that’s never happened to me.

But it sounds like the potential game-breaking bug when playing Dimitri’s paralogue.

Edited by Sooks

God fucking damnit. What is my luck?

So, @Armagon, remember how I told you to tell me what happened in King Kong vs Gozilla because there was exactly 0% chance I'd watch it?

Turns out, a friend of mine is spending her Easter break in the area, and decided to invite me to go to the cinema to watch... Yep, Godzilla vs King Kong.

The first time I go to the cinema in like 4 years, and it's to watch the one movie I've spoiled for myself.

Goddamnit.

36 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Damn classic! If I knew all it took was to give up, would've given up a long time ago.

You should've known it was inevitable when I announced my intention to play Three Houses maddening. Let's be honest, the chances of that happening were slim.

36 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Okay, so, VERY IMPORTANT before you properly begin. Use this:

https://akurasu.net/wiki/Super_Robot_Wars/J

SRW games rarely do things twice when it comes to stuff like unlocking secret units and characters. As such, you have to use a guide for such things. Some things you can also check in the game itself, but for other things like the solution for the optional puzzle stages, use the wiki. Akurasu is always a good source to check out when playing a SRW game.

Or, I can go blind and act like a moron like I tend to do when I play games on someone's recommendation.

Not right now, in any case. I'm not at home now.

29 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Ah yes, that. Another clear sign that Three Houses was not playtested.

Well, it no longer matters. Friendship ended with Three Houses; now Super Robot Taser J is my best friend. Maybe. Hopefully.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Or, I can go blind and act like a moron like I tend to do when I play games on someone's recommendation.

Not right now, in any case. I'm not at home now.

Well, the flip side is that, since SRW is more character and story driven than FE is, the ratio of mandatory vs optional recruits is closer to 95:5 than 60:40 or so. Also, no permadeath. So even playing absolutely blind you really won't be that disadvantaged. I'd still recommend consulting the guide and unlock them. If only for the sake of storytelling. SRW as a whole are basically fix-fics, so on principle I like to go that extra mile. But again, that's just me. Also, you might want to check out the optional units. Some you may end up like using, too.

Edited by Acacia Sgt