The Infernal Legendary Hero Battle: Lilina

SatsumaFSoysoy

2 hours ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

Meant to get this posted earlier, but here we go!

Went with an FE6 clear team and got to take Guinevere and Melady for a spin! Also really happy I finally used Lugh+Idunn together in an abyssal, they're basically my oldest content clearing duo in this game. Lugh's also got some new toys to play around with for some new builds.

Sheesh! +28 Res feels like overkill. Who can kill Guinevere? I got nervous when I saw Lugh take a Brave Axe to the face. Catria and Camilla have been with me since the start; they're not going to be overtaken anytime soon 🙂 I'm also glad that they can still put in work.

@Unknown Gamer11 
Thanks glad you enjoyed it and yeah Chad had to keep living XD. New green tomes would be pretty cool. I believe the last easily available green mage was like Boey. since then its mostly been prefs or 5 star exclusives that get green tomes.

But also very cool clear. Thats one though Guinivere. Destroying all those mages on turn one gives a lot of space. Lugh also dished out a lot of damage. I can see him doing well with a fox tome should it get in the game.

@SatsumaFSoysoy : No one can drop Chad anymore with the full healing kit. Though he wasn't the only one having fun with the mystic boost seal. Celica got a lot of use out of it. With the speed and healing little on the map could stop her and her bonfires.

@Maaka: Thanks. I had to tinker a bit with drives and Rinea to ensure Raigh surved the blow, but with Lilina and her insta charge special it became a lot easier to soak up hits.  I actually thought Lugh would get the seal to make his healing more consistent, but....well its hard to say no to two mystic boosts and 5 hp per hit.

And oof. Those squishy mages stood no chance again the sheer power of the Bartre and daughter squad. The armors did't do any better with all the armour smashing weapons. Hope you did't have to inherit the armoursmasher just for the clear.

@Landmaster
Chad actually had a bit of a problem surviving on this map. Until he got noontime for just that little bit of extra healing. Raigh got by fairly comfy. all those res boosts made those healer jerks not much of a threat to him.

Also really nice clear of the elise squad. Nowi did a impressive job of blocking that entire left side of the map on her own. Sephiran's flashy new c skill was pretty nifty too. Seeing it in action makes me consider giving it to my Forrest.

@LoneStar
Those are units you don't see all day. Catherine and Anette made for a great team. The extra move and one turn gale force was cool to see

15 hours ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

Nice to see a Tana, and very nice one-turn as well! Do you have an S!Tana +10'd as well?

Thanks! I do indeed have S!Tana at +10 as well, she actually got to see some action in my one turn clear of the Lyon & Eirika BHB recently.

Very nice theme clear! Amazing how much of the map Guinivere cleaned up immediately by just placing her there. And Lugh did phenomenally as well, none of the mages stood a chance. I like that set, those Glacies flying around everywhere pack a wallop. Great work!

On 12/26/2020 at 9:34 PM, Landmaster said:

Best way to deal with Lilina is to nuke her with Super Saiyan Tana before she nukes you~

Indeed~

The Elises (and backup) did great as always here! I really like seeing Elise's staff animation, don't get to see it that much myself (because I had Wrathful Staff on mine...). She sure gobbled up that Sephiran fast, but seeing Odd Recovery in action it seems it was worth it.

On 12/25/2020 at 3:02 PM, GuiltyLove said:

I don't really enjoy using Duo skills, but I ended up using Byleth's Desperation for this. Bleh!

Me neither. I try to avoid using them since they feel like a cheat but if you need it, you need it.

On 12/25/2020 at 6:00 PM, Sasori said:

Raigh got some nice winter Altina fodder and Mythic boost stacking with mythic boost works wonders for Chad.

That's love right here lol

20 hours ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

Went with an FE6 clear team and got to take Guinevere and Melady for a spin!

Damn, Guinevere still took a beating despite that massive Res.

I see you also have your mages face tank physical hits

20 hours ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

@Flying Shogi There's something special about seeing a clear with almost no fancy skills, just two dancers (including a 4 star) and two Fury Desperation nukes and some tactics buffs.

I'm stingy with my skills so you won't be seeing any fancy ones unless the unit comes with them in their base kit lol

Edited by Flying Shogi

@Landmaster Wow Nowi had no trouble tanking Lilina at all. She actually tanked a good portion of the map lol. Guess her refine is really coming in handy. There were some pretty close calls there, but that new healing skill certainly helped out. Great clear!

@Unknown Gamer11 Geez Guinivere kind of destroys this map, or at least the mages at the beginning. Lugh did a great job of tanking those healers. Special spiral and flashing blade 4 is pretty neat on him. Nice job!

@Alexmender It's interesting to see someone start from the left side. I think I have seen most people tackle the map from the right side. Tsubasa seems to be the star this time as she flew around, knocking enemies out and inflicted big damage on Lilina. Nowi is pretty tanky with her new prf weapon and Kaden's support. I was actually kind of surprised to see her take little damage from most foes. Great clears!

@Unknown Gamer11 Nice Binding Blade team clear! That was a close one for Lugh when he got attacked by the axe flier but he was good at fending off and distracting the staff units. Guinevere is pretty powerful too. 

The music I used is called 'The Morning After the Storm' from a game called YS: Memories of Celceta.

Sorry for being late, last few days had a lot of holidays so I spent a lot of time with family.

On 12/26/2020 at 8:42 PM, Diovani Bressan said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy Your Celica always impress me. And now she heals more as well? Nice!

It's kinda hilarious that with her Repel at full strength you can do 21 displayed damage, have it reduced to 13, and then it all no longer exists after that combat so you can't chip her down to kill her.

On 12/26/2020 at 10:57 PM, Maaka said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy Wow Celica destroyed those people at the beginning. That healing in her refine is really crazy with the mystic boost seal. It's amazing that she ended up with full hp at the end without needing to be healed by Veronica once. Kagero did a great job picking off the blues that Celica didn't want to deal with. Nice job!

Maybe I could drop Veronica/cav healer for something else if I'm running this set.

Spring Fir's NFU came in handy for that armor at the start. I was hoping for Leapin' Smash to finish and Bartre delivered.

That's a really high framerate on your vid. Maybe I just didn't notice before.

On 12/27/2020 at 12:28 AM, BoaFerox said:

Thanks! Dorothea was actually important, but not because of her assistance in movement. The green armor would actually survive with 1HP if Ephraim didn't have the +7 Atk buff from Hone Atk 4. I could have fixed this by using trait fruit on Ephraim to make him +Atk, but I'm still too indecisive to use those haha. But yeah, I technically could have chosen to not move Dorothea at all I guess, but I like to not use the cheat button Duo Skill if I can do without it.

Very nice clear, that's quite the Celica you have there! I usually see the more player phase Galeforce oriented variant, but she does incredibly well like this too. That refine is so strong for her, no matter the role.

I see. Yeah, the Duo button is definitely a cheat code lol. But it's in the game, I guess.

Being able to run both one of the strongest infantry sword Player Phase sets and an Enemy Phase set that can contend with the best is definitely Celica's selling point, I'd say.

On 12/27/2020 at 4:34 AM, Landmaster said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy - Nice thumbnail and music~ Celica still enjoying that tank build. It is fun to see her playing both roles so well. Since Kagero’s already so lethal on offense, it helps to have such a good mixed phase partner.

Yeah, not every map has to be a mad dash to gain map control anymore, though that does make things a lot simpler. I might try to limit myself to mostly using the Player Phase set from now on.

Ooh, Odd Recovery. What happened to your Summoner Supports? This looked quite tough overall. The Elises definitely don't like being forced into a corner, as Plumeria Abyssal previously showed, but you did well. Shaman in the Dark is such a good song.

On 12/27/2020 at 1:03 PM, NSSKG151 said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy I guess Celica with never have to worry about HP being an issue with both her prf and mystic boost healing her. Nice clear! I may have used Deadeye on NY!Anna once before though I think Glacies usually does more damage in most matchups. I just went with Deadeye because I wanted to deal big damage to the axe flier for being a nuisance with their rally the entire time.

Makes sense, since Glacies punches through high Def while Deadeye only doubles damage. Destroy that flier!

On 12/28/2020 at 11:24 AM, Alexmender said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy B!Celica has gotten so much power with that Mystic Boost seal. She can comfortably ditch Aether because with the seal, her Prf and Repel she has more than enough sustain to practically take down the map on her own. I also noticed that B!Veronica doesn't have her refine equipped, meaning Celica ran with basically bare minimum support and even then she plowed through the map like it was nothing. Crazy stuff! I kinda wish Eirika could do that kind of stuff, but she's more of a team player and that's ok. 

I actually didn't realize Veronica didn't have her refine equipped... So some of those kills would've been ORKOs instead and even easier, huh.

To be fair, Celica still needs an ally nearby to use her Prf's acceleration in Enemy Phase, so I guess she's not entirely a one-woman army, but still pretty close. It's funny, though... I always envied people with strong DC sword tanks, and sometimes joked about how I ended up +10ing the one sword unit who doesn't do DC. How the tables have turned.

Darting in and out of danger with teleports is always exciting to watch. I'd say this map is EP oriented, so this must have been a challenge.

All Celicas are good Celicas, even -Atk. Bonus Doubler goes well with Nowi's new refine, though I have a Stance 4 on mine instead. True damage definitely helps with the bane on Celica.

On 12/28/2020 at 12:07 PM, Unknown Gamer11 said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy Sheesh the sustain on Celica there is just absurd, and I love seeing Kagero's visible attack stat hitting the 70's. Also, I was happy to recognize the song was May'n before I checked the description, since I've only heard her Macross stuff.

I don't really listen to a lot of May'n's stuff in general, but this song was for an anime called Aquarion Logos, which I watched because I was a fan of the original Aquarion. It was pretty shit but at least the song is good, since it's composed by Yoko Kanno.

That's a nice FE6 team. I actually don't have a single one of these units, despite trying for Idunn and Guinevere. Guinevere definitely hard counters Lilina. Idunn handled the armors with ease, and Melady and Lugh teamed up to deal with the rest.

On 12/29/2020 at 3:27 AM, Sasori said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy : No one can drop Chad anymore with the full healing kit. Though he wasn't the only one having fun with the mystic boost seal. Celica got a lot of use out of it. With the speed and healing little on the map could stop her and her bonfires.

I feel like a lot of units can have synergy with the Mystic Boost seal. It's a great addition.

• 3 weeks later...

I am waaaaay late on the replies with this one. I knew there was something I was forgetting, sorry about that.

@Alexmender – Officer Hilda’s Galeforce Gals zipped and zoomed all over the place as usual. They made great use of the cramped space that they had, even when it felt clustered, it never felt like they were in danger because of how fast they were deleting enemies.

BD Nowi, I’m super jealous already. Those are some insane numbers on her, she has the power to excel in both PP and EP like this. Even with -Atk, L!Celica is a monster.

@Unknown Gamer11 – Oooh, I haven’t seen a Melady in action yet. Guinivere destroying all of those mages on the first turn was super wild. Your Lugh is really cool, too, he is stacked with some spicy skills.

@SatsumaFSoysoy– Late answer but I usually use my Summoner Supports for AR, I only switch them around to the Elises when I need them for these Abyssal clears. Thankfully for this clear they didn’t need them.

• 3 months later...

@NSSKG151 @Landmaster @Unknown Gamer11 @BoaFerox

I cleared this map again without using a Duo skill! I've been trying to clear Abyssal maps with only Whitewings + Minerva, if needed. This map was the hardest one in this batch for me. Last time I used Summer Byleth to dominate everything, but it's more satisfying for me to use the Whitewings for my clears 🙂 

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/7/2021 at 8:08 PM, GuiltyLove said:

@NSSKG151 @Landmaster @Unknown Gamer11 @BoaFerox

I cleared this map again without using a Duo skill! I've been trying to clear Abyssal maps with only Whitewings + Minerva, if needed. This map was the hardest one in this batch for me. Last time I used Summer Byleth to dominate everything, but it's more satisfying for me to use the Whitewings for my clears 🙂 

Late reply but nice work on this clear! It is always more fun to use the units you like the most and most satisfying when they work out for you~ Pretty nice play to trap the Troubadour so she wouldn't cause any trouble.