Choose You're Own Role Mafia - Game Over

Prims

it's obvious kirsche's day ability used gives him extra votes

ok yeah i'm just stoopid. :(

So in addition to kirsche's mayor role that activates whenever he spouts anime-esque nonsense, there's another role that allows one to give other people doublevotes. I have a couple of theories.

1) kirsche and this player are the same person, kirsche just cannot activate his ability on the same day he gives another player a vote. I'd find kirsche to be pretty scummy if this was the case, considering he could've just straight up admitted it by now.

2) They are different players and both town. I'm not really sure this is the case because rolespec, town having 2 double vote roles seems a little silly, but what do I know.

3) They are both scum. I find this less likely than them both being town.

4) One of them is town and the other is scum. In this scenario, I'd think that the unknown vote giver would be the scum.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Refa tbh if we had two double-voting townies you'd think paperblade would be scum to balance it out.

1) and 4) are most likely IMO. Also kirsche should clarify if his ability is one-shot or multi-shot/unlimited.

I don't really like how he sort of gave up. In my mind up to making the reaction test I was thinking what would be scummiest and I decided that giving up was the worst thing one could do.

I might be metaing badly but there's only one way I can find that out.

I don't see why giving up would be scummy if you think you're dead?

Did the world end while I was gone?

Yo Marth, what do you think about Shinori's Boron and kirsche reads? Also you seem to be glossing over a whole bunch of Elie's bearclaw argument in this post. Elie took issue with the listpost and a bunch of other stuff, and explained his current vote in post 479 -- the bear vs. BBM stuff isn't actually that pronounced.

Ugh sorry about lack of being-around-at-all so far D2. Today's the last day of being ultra-busy, though, soa s I predicted at the start of the game, my workload should allow me to be around more starting tomorrow or Monday. Reads post in 12-14 hours, most likely. For now, rolespec (!):

So in addition to kirsche's mayor role that activates whenever he spouts anime-esque nonsense, there's another role that allows one to give other people doublevotes. I have a couple of theories.

1) kirsche and this player are the same person, kirsche just cannot activate his ability on the same day he gives another player a vote. I'd find kirsche to be pretty scummy if this was the case, considering he could've just straight up admitted it by now.

2) They are different players and both town. I'm not really sure this is the case because rolespec, town having 2 double vote roles seems a little silly, but what do I know.

4) One of them is town and the other is scum. In this scenario, I'd think that the unknown vote giver would be the scum.

You've covered all the possibilities... sort of...

Boron and Kirsche both *somehow* got double votes. Boron's activated near end-of-phase so it's pretty clear she didn't have it from the start of the phase; it's less clear with Kirsche. Could be mayor; could have been given an item or role from another player. Maybe he's alt-day mayor or something. Anyway, don't forget about items. Lots of possibilities, though.

My only other thing is: Kirsche, can you please answer the following:

-Is your character claim still valid or was that part of the reaction test too?

-Related: what about 8th-grader syndrome? What's that?

-Why would you (intentionally?) spoil a reaction test by announcing in not-too-subtle language that you were going to shoot him? Gives him time to prepare a reaction...

If anything, hinting the shot from before makes it more believable than if you just randomly do it.

Also, someone (I think Eclipse?) brought up a point how Rein talked about how some of the Proto votes were shit, but still kind of let it go forward, with the condition that we look at the votes tomorrow. That seems pretty bad to me, because in the year 2013 we lynch to get scum over lynching for info. Also he never actually looks at the Proto wagon any despite saying that yesterday. His D2 content basically just consists of returning to his D1 SB vote, and while SB was voting Proto, that was never part of Rein's case against him, and nor was SB guilty of having the type of Proto vote that Rein said was bad.

I was hoping to finish the rest of my post, but I'm feeling kind of depressed and demotivated right now. I'll give my thoughts on what I think about kirsche's reaction test and what I think about Refa, Strege, and Shinori later. Right now, after my earlier ISO reread, I still think bearclaw has done the most things I don't like, so my vote's going there.

##Vote: bearclaw

Now that it's not 1 AM, I am going to annoy you with more jokes post some actual reads

Kirsche's recent actions are bugging me somewhat, didn't like how you implemented the fake vig, how is Strege giving up after he's supposedly dead make him scummy? I feel like you're starting to make up reasons to be suspicious on Strege which I do not like. What did you hope to gain by using your mayor role right now? If you're just using your role for the sake of using it, I will not be pleased.

I suppose Strege's response to my question was reasonable, even though I don't particularly agree but I can't force everyone to follow my PoV so I'm laying this one off.

My bearclaw read hasn't changed, I just found other fishes.

@Refa: Don't ignore me, I need answers for this please....

Also, I'm the real dayvig. Well, an Even Days Vigilante to be precise. I can make 1 kill on even-numbered days. Which means that I can kill one now and another on D4, D6, etc. And I have every intention of using it, just haven't found a target. Thinking of Rocker or NekoRex but I dunno....

My character of choice was Jack the Ripper in case anyone's wondering.

I'm town, which was unfortunate since Jack the Ripper would've made a perfect serial killer material :'(

If there's something I missed or was unclear on, let me know.

CURSE YOU, KIRSCHE!

Thanks to that, the following applies:

1. Fuck my PR.

2. . . .something I'd rather discuss with BBM/Paper tonight.

Time to read what I missed.

IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER:

My only other thing is: Kirsche, can you please answer the following:

-Why would you (intentionally?) spoil a reaction test by announcing in not-too-subtle language that you were going to shoot him? Gives him time to prepare a reaction...

Point 1: Why is this relevant?

Point 2: This is even LESS relevant than point 1.

Point 3: Meh, but at least it's not completely irrelevant like the first two.

If option 3 is the case, that's a hell of a lot of voting power for scum.

Also Boron's and eclipse's scumreads of me coming out of the woodwork now is amusing. What ever happened to respect for the dead?

You mean "me clarifying stuff for kirsche"? Yeah, you're right, I should totally ignore him whenever he addresses me. </sarcasm>

Dayvigs are entirely different to phase ends because phase end is the end whereas dayvigs are only until the host sees the kill.

I think this is a dangerous assumption to make, because I can name at least one game where the dayvig ended the phase.

Objection, why the hell did you claim? Just because someone faked it doesn't mean that you have to out it now. ;/

I was redirected last night

do you know who?

It's probably just your style, but you have a tendency to say little in many words and sentences

(like on paper's role "Also when h-hahahahaha, oh god his role, I can't believe that's for real. Anyways, I've never heard of something like that before, so any rolespec on my part would be pointless. Would be pretty powerful regardless of his alignment....OK, he did bring up a good point in regards to his role being in the hands of scum."

could have been summed up with "wow wtf is that role prob too OP for scum anyway").

Well, I wrote my post as I was reading the ISO, so that's why it can seem like that at times. So taking that read for example, I wrote the first few sentences when he actually announced his role, and then the next sentence after Paperblade mentioned the scum argument.

Your reads too are pretty wordy and waffly at times ("X is mostly okay, but I didn't like that they did/said Y about Z") and it makes your posts look nice when scimming, but sometimes your reads can be summed up with "I'm not sure about this person" and it's not that helpful.

I don't really agree with this point, considering I did categorize people under leaning town and leaning scum for a reason. I generally list out all of the townie/scummy actions a person has done so you can see my thought process regarding the person. In the end, if a person is leaning town, then what I didn't like is a minor gripe, and it's more important for a scum read.

Also I didn't quote it but regarding my Proto case, the 3rd person thing was less because it was in 3rd person and more because it looked really out of place compared to the rest of his reads.

I disagree, outing the target's only gonna inform them SB knows their role, and if they're scum who later get under suspicion they know not to fakeclaim their role. Outing roles in the thread is dumb unless it's blatantly scummy roles like strongman or something, considering we basically have town leader now.

And what if SB is scum? Having him state who he targeted now means he can't change his mind later when it's convenient to do so. Regardless, I never stated that he should out actual roles, only who he targeted.

I literally said I was scumreading both of them and wasn't sure which one I would rather have lynched.

Apathy about who to lynch is scummy...

That was me <_<, you're confusing me and Objection... except you include some stuff about Objection.

OK, I legit thought that Objection had stated somewhere that he would lynch Proto for role related reasons. Checked his ISO and...nothing. Sorry, Objection. :(

@Refa:

What gave you the impression? When did you have a scumread on me before?

For the impression, that was a mistake on my part. Regardless, when I state scum read, I'm referring to my previous reads post + impressions I got from BBM's N1 post on you.

- Refa has more content now and I'm having trouble finding fault with it, so I'll categorize him as NULL but on the scummier side of it because GUT and aforementioned shady characteristics that apparently nobody agrees with. Oh well. #yolo

Honestly, that's part of the reason that I'm reading you as town, because I feel you'd have a scumbuddy at least back you up on your argument (if not vote for me) if you were scum.

>Page 26

Well shit, that is hell of a lot to read.

So yea I'm here. I'll have to catch up the like 13 or so pages I missed first though.

You should really get on that...

Kirsche, what didn't you like about the reaction? I thought it was decent myself.

Honestly, I'd like to know the response too. Considering he mentioned the possibility that kirsche's vig could be fake, it makes sense that he wouldn't just go out and say "hai i'm a mad townie why you shoot me also reads". Also while it's more of a gut thing, I was getting some town vibes from his last few posts.

Also, I'm the real dayvig. Well, an Even Days Vigilante to be precise. I can make 1 kill on even-numbered days. Which means that I can kill one now and another on D4, D6, etc. And I have every intention of using it, just haven't found a target. Thinking of Rocker or NekoRex but I dunno....

My character of choice was Jack the Ripper in case anyone's wondering.

I don't think you should vig someone for lack of activity...

Also does your dayvig result in an instant hammer this is kind of important.

Not really seeing any scum intent in Objection's DayVig claim, and considering how easily proveable it is, would not be willing to lynch today.

Obviously still suspicious of bearclaw. Other people I would be willing to lynch are...SB (I had him as Null yesterday, and nothing he's done today has made me feel like he's a townie). Also kind of suspicious of Rocker64 for role related reasons.

As far as other people with more than 1 vote on them at the moment are concerned, would like to see more content from Shinori before deciding my opinion on him and not willing to lynch Strege.

Objection, why the hell did you claim? Just because someone faked it doesn't mean that you have to out it now. ;/

Because I'll have to post here if I want to kill someone. My role's going out this day anyway, so why not claim?

I don't think you should vig someone for lack of activity...

Also does your dayvig result in an instant hammer this is kind of important.

No. Just reduces the number of players needed for hammer.

Actually fuck it I don't need anyone's assent you just claimed something that soudns more like an SK rofl.

TAKE THIS AS A COUNTERCLAIM, FOOL! I'M AN EMISSARY OF DEATH!

##Daykill:The Objection!

Unless this is another reaction test, why did you kill me?

Also why the h*ll would I claim if I was an SK !?

Let's say you're a real dayvig, what gave you the impression that you're the only one? I asked Prims at the beginning of the game if multiple roles exist and he didn't confirm/deny which means it's possible.

If I'm dying, then this is so far the most frustrating death in my history of mafia games.

It was not as vry srs as you seem to think.

So you say.

I supported it as much as I could given that Refa stopped posting.

The problem is that you were supporting it at all that late into D1.

I did read it.

You didn't respond to what was in it though.

If you talked about any one read I'd have been happier but it never happened until I forced it out of you.

I don't think that was the natural extension of Boron's words, but stretching them to an extreme case in an effort to make her sound unreasonable.

Why don't you attack it more thoroughly then. All I can really say to this is "I think it is a natural extension of Boron's words".

Why did you find me "giving up" scummy, and are you referring to the fact that I just felt bad posting when I thought I there was a good chance of me being dead?

I heavily implied that there was a grace period where you could talk and instead of using it you decide to do lab preps instead.

Scum are more demotivated knowing that they're going to die than town are. Town think "oh I need to get everything off of my chest ASAP" whereas scum would think "meh not much point in doing anything, it's not like they'll trust anything I say after the flip".

I was brought up in the Obviam era of mafia so until the host says stop I post. That is also how I'd run my games.

kisrche if you're mayor then why did Boron have two votes on proto at the end of last D phase?

That's because there's a motivator in the game.

Now, if kirsche WAS the mayor, that means that Proto would have been hammered at that time. Listed below specifically;

Proto (10) - kirsche, Grassbridger, Serious Bananas, Elieson, bearclaw13, Objection, BigBangMeteor, Shinori, Boron, Boron L-1!

SO clearly something's up here.

In order for my vote to count as two I must use an over-the-top anime style attack name instead of "##vote".

Yeah but if its a one-shot then its pretty much the same as to what Boron used D1. Which means maybe somebody else is giving them their POWAHZ

It is not one shot I can do this every day until *ylo if I so wish. It's not alt day either, it's why I was so confident that I could prove my role yesterday.

1) This is not the case. The motivator is a different person.

2) tbh I find this motivator scummy anyway just for the manor in which they revealed their existence. Trying to early hammer someone is not cool. I do wish Boron kept her vote until the next votals though just so I would know it is actually a motivator and not just some troll messenger and Boron was actually targetted by this role.

Yes I am actually Rikka. If you watched chuunibyou you'd know what I mean by 8th grader syndrome. Basically, my role is flavour based and that's the explanation given for it.

As BBM said, I was sort of hinting at having an easily proveable day role the entire game just so that this would be believeable. It was ruined by Manix but that didn't seem to affect you guys it seemed, which is nice.

Lol @ Marth.

Objection! You should've just shot, don't claim without a reason.

rip in pieces Objection, you will be mist

vWdNLj0.jpg

Objection - Albert Einstein - Town Librarian - Killed Day 2

One of the greatest minds of our time is now dead, rip

The phase goes on. Votals are effort and i'm sleeping soon so tough it out

(also what don't you people get about "phase pause, shut up")