[FE4] Rate the Unit XXVI

Rules (Borrowed from whomever made them first with modifications)

- Ratings to be assumed from when a unit is first available.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Sigurd/10", etc.

- Personality / Appearance may be taken into account, but only +/- 1 point at the most.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it, please!

- Make votes easily visible, please and thank you!

- Every ranking phase will end on the next day at approximately 10:00 PM (or 22:00), EST.

Units and Ranking (Least to Greatest)

First Generation

Diadora: 1.19

Ardan: 1.39

Tiltyu: 2.00

Briggid: 3.71

Claude: 4.42

Azel: 4.63

Jamka: 5.25

Midir: 5.47

Dew: 5.68

Holyn: 5.90

Lachesis: 6.13

Noish: 6.15

Alec: 6.17

Beowulf: 6.40

Aideen: 6.57

Ayra: 6.79

Levin: 7.87

Fin (First Generation): 7.88

Fury: 8.25

Cuan: 8.41

Lex: 8.83

Ethlin: 9.15

Sylvia: 9.50

Sigurd: 9.96

Second Generation

Celice: 9.54

DAY 26: SKASAHER

___

The first member of the Swordtwincest of FE4, Skasaher is a footsoldier who starts with Pursuit, Nihil, Meteor Sword, and any other skills that he may have inherited from his father. Statistically, he rocks socks. No horse hurts him greatly, considering that we're spending a lot of our efforts on Leg Ring!Celice in order to get him to an early promotion.

Nonetheless, Skasaher is one of the best footsoldiers in the Second Generation. With Lex as his father, he gets a lot of defense, so he becomes a strong tank that we'll need later on--with Lex he also has no need for the Elite Ring with innate Elite. He also rocks it out with fathers like Holyn, who gives him Moonlight Sword, and Noish, who gives him Charge and Critical. Holyn and Noish will also pass down good swords to him.

Overall, 7/10 for being one of the best foot units in Gen 2, and I'll add +1 because I like him.

8/10

Like most gen 2 units, he's very good statistically, unless you do something stupid like Claude!Skasaher or something silly like that. Unfourtunately, aside from good combat, he doesn't have a lot else going for him, other than avaliability.

3.5/10.

another thing to note when i'm doing my ratings, i've never played ranked before.

Since most of the time I hook Aira up with Lex or Holyn so my sword twins turn out pretty good. Yes he's not on a horse but who cares. His skills are great and he doesn't need much help. Only thing is I can't pronounce his name.

8/10

Dew/Noish/Lex/Holyn, they're all pretty good fathers for him. He'll get the job done, he's just horseless. His lack of res can be a pain at times too, especially in the last two chapters.

5/10

One of the sword twins, He can inherit his skills from his parents. Astra and Awareness from his mother. and the other skills depends on who the father is. (Lex/Holyn/Noish/Dew/Jamka)

Lex or Holyn are probably the best choice. If Lex's the father, he'll have the Elite and Ambush skills and his defense growth will be high, thanks to the Neir holy blood.

7/10

I'm gonna give him the same -3 for bad mov that I give to every foot unit. Then give him +.5 for being my goddess's brother.

Because shitty move is his only issue, really. He has an array of excellent father choices and he's pretty hard to fuck up even with the less popular choices. Even Claude!Skasaher can do something with magic swords and have high res to deal with shit lategame. Not that it would ever happen in an optimal playthrough, but hey, efficiency isn't the only way to play FE4. And he won't have exp problems in ranked.

7+.5=7.5/10

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Like his sister, he'll murder anything in range of him. Also like his sister, "anything in range of him" is going to depend rather heavily on circumstance. You can often expect the twins to fall behind a lot, and that really hurts them. However, assuming they are in combat, they're extremely good. Aira likes unorthodox fathers like Noish just fine, so she's very easy to pair even if you're using big names like Lex for somebody else; there's no excuse for ever having a bad father. That said, a few interesting fathers can screw up his inheritance, but he should be fine grabbing an extra sword from Celice or Lakche once they're done with it. Having some oddball like Jamka (or the popular Lex) for a father does cause problems though, but I won't dock points because there's more than enough dad choices with Swords to pass down (Noish, Dew, Holyn, even freaking Ardan). As you'd expect from Aira's son, he arenas just fine in most cases, and once he gets going does so quite inexpensively in most cases.

Really, lack of movement aside, he's quite good. He can dodge, he has okay bulk to back it up (95-135% HP and 30-60% DEF growth), and with the skills he'll get from his mom and dad (the swordtwins love pretty much any skillset that isn't Alec's redundant one) and a decent sword, he's gonna be just fine. Essentially, he's the slightly stronger, slightly bulkier, slightly slower swordtwin, harmed only by the fact that he won't be keeping up with Celice.

7/10

Slatesaber's a pretty cool guy, eh kills stuff and doesn't afraid of anything.

Of course, then there's the footsies problem which isn't helped by the fact that - even discounting Celice - he's waaaaaaaaaaaay down the Leg and Knight Rings Priority Chain List so poor guy.

But he does kill stuff up pretty good and regardless of how fast Celice goes there is stuff for footsies to eat and I've butchered him a pretty cool name and he has a default modestly cool name (in some translations, at least) so I'll be pretty kind to him and throw him a 7.5/10.

8/10

Doesn't need much to be good since he's born that way. He's already a fighter the moment he fights and the only negative I see is low movement which isn't enough to warrant a huge drop.

Edit. One question, are you also going to have us rate the substitute characters too?

Edited by pitbuller26

Unlike Gen 1, where mounts like Midayle and Noish/Alec had relatively shakier combat, the footsoldiers like Ayra and Holyn's solid showings matter much much more than anything Skasha and Lakche can bring to the table. Aside from a few early enemies and the occasional scraps, contributions past Chapter 7 are nonexistant.

4/10

Edit. One question, are you also going to have us rate the substitute characters too?

Personally... All of my ratings for regular children assume all mothers paired. All of my ratings for substitute will assume an all-subs playthrough.

Yeah, I'm assuming kids have all the best fathers available (no penalizing Sety because "Levin should go to Tiltyu"), and subs are in a subs-only run as that's only fair. If a sub is believed to be good enough to be competitive with the child, that can be factored into their score, but the other way around probably shouldn't hurt them.

9/10 he kicks ass especially with ether lex or noish is a father . I don't care how long it takes him to get there because I don't mind taking things slow and when he does get there he more then pulls his weight . Plus the second generation more then the first gives plenty of opportunity for foot soldiers to do their work . There are plenty of times were splitting up your army is ideal and I don't think the 2nd generation has even half the need for mounts that the first did .

5/10

He doesn't have a horse, meaning he will be lagging behind. He also does not have a holy weapon, which for G2 means that you will be forgotten amid all the amazing holy weapon users. But he is a good unit, it's just that those around him are much better.

He's decently powerful when he reaches things, but that's not necessarily a given. At the speeds I play FE4 these days (read: sub-250 turn drafts), he's lucky to see three rounds of combat total.

3/10

Edited by Camtech

Draft-wise, I'd give him 5/10 because his mobility isn't that good and he won't fight much. But since I'll evaluate him as in a casual playthrough, I won't count these things.

He can kill anything that comes in range, he'll always turn out to be good unless you pair Ayra with Claude, and his stats are even better than Lakche's in my opinion - on my playthrough, I always found him to be more resillient but a bit less speedier than her. The only real problem with him is mobility. Other than that, I have no problems. A solid unit.

8/10