[FE4] Rate the Unit XXXI

Rules (Borrowed from whomever made them first with modifications)

- Ratings to be assumed from when a unit is first available.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Sigurd/10", etc.

- Personality / Appearance may be taken into account, but only +/- 1 point at the most.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it, please!

- Make votes easily visible, please and thank you!

- Every ranking phase will end on the next day at approximately 10:00 PM (or 22:00), EST.

-Second Generation Note: Assume that Substitutes are done on a Subs-only run. Any "not ________" will not be accepted.

Units and Ranking (Least to Greatest):

First Generation

Diadora: 1.19

Ardan: 1.39

Tiltyu: 2.00

Briggid: 3.71

Claude: 4.42

Azel: 4.63

Jamka: 5.25

Midir: 5.47

Dew: 5.68

Holyn: 5.90

Lachesis: 6.13

Noish: 6.15

Alec: 6.17

Beowulf: 6.40

Aideen: 6.57

Ayra: 6.79

Levin: 7.87

Fin (First Generation): 7.88

Fury: 8.25

Cuan: 8.41

Lex: 8.83

Ethlin: 9.15

Sylvia: 9.50

Sigurd: 9.96

Second Generation

Roddlevan: 3.33

Radney: 3.44

Skasaher: 6.00

Lakche: 6.35

Lana: 8.24

Celice: 9.54

DAY 31: MANA

__

Lana's substitute. She's an earlygame staffer, obviously, which is always helpful.

The problem is, she doesn't have anything decent, besides Live. Which Julia probably wants more.

She also starts with no skills, which is quite the bummer. She has fairly average Magic at the start, and can spam staves on the not-as-cool swordtwins to level herself faster. The problem is, she can't run around and heal Celice like her counterpart can do.

Nonetheless, being an earlygame healer is awesome, and unlike Julia, she can at the very least use her own staff she has. She also is responsible for giving Julia a free Relive staff, so yay.

Chapter 7 sees some better staves in the Vendor, so Mana can always switch to Return or Recover if she's having trouble leveling up.

She's at the best decent, and her staff utility is the best thing about her.

5.25/10

My favorite healer EVAR and an early unit. With bias: 6/10 Without: 5/10

Edited by The Fanfic Hunter

Ah Mana, not very creative with your name. Lana or Mana. Lets see here, early healer with only with a Live staff. Yet somehow is able magically afford one for Julia instead of giving Julia her Live staff and keeping the Relive staff. What's this? This bitch actually has to buy her staves, just like a commoner. Plus, Mana is boring to look at.

5/1 but since I just don't like her, 4/10.

Once your 5 move priest has been spoiled by Libro, it's hard going back to a libro-less priest.

She's poor, starts with no staves and has great difficulty leveling up or gaining money. Still, she can act as a back-up warper.

3.5/10

she has all the same problems as Aideen (has to actually acquire staves), but has all the good points of Aideen (big availability) and she does have that thing where staves are more cool in Gen 2.

Since she has a kinda rocky start I'll give the poor girl 7/10 because in an all-subs run it's her or Sharlow for your Rescue dancing and Sharlow has all her problems and more.

4.5/10, hardly more useful than Rad/Rod. She has Lana's problem of being nearly unused after chapter 7 in favor of 6-move promoted and horse-riding staff users that generate their own money, while also having nothing but Live in Chapter 6-7. She has to compete with Laylea for thief money if you want to upgrade her options and doesn't do nearly as much with it.

You need her, but she's only got Live and it's hard to earn the money she needs to buy other staves. Basically gotta feed her villages, and other people may want that money (especially Pursuit-less guys like Tristan who would really like the Pursuit Ring, but may have trouble getting it). Lack of skills can hurt her arena performance when (and if) she does promote. And you still have to factor in repairs, even though Live/Relive are cheap. She's basically constantly starved for cash, but she's still a lot more efficient than healing at a church.

6/10

She's poor, starts with no staves and has great difficulty leveling up or gaining money. Still, she can act as a back-up warper.

3.5/10

Summed up everything I had to say. Amazing!

3/10

You guys are funny.

I don't think that "not having staves in her inventory when she starts" should be docked against Mana, as on an all-subs run, almost everyone starts with only 1 item. Warp and Libro don't even exist until much later in the game considering it's all subs, so I won't dock her points for that. Healers don't really need skills, and she won't be a combat monster anyway. She doesn't really have too much competition for Daisy's gold anyway (because I'll assume Daisy is being used no matter how bad Daisy is) so she can get Recover/Relive rather soon. Oh yeah, she's also around for the entire generation and your only unmounted healer for your secondary squad until chapyer 9 anyway, so yay.

6.5/10

Oh yeah, she's also around for the entire generation and your only unmounted healer for your secondary squad until chapyer 9 anyway, so yay.

What happened to manly Hawk? Admittedly he comes late, but he's manly! The problem with Mana is that she starts with no money, and no way of getting any more. Sure we could get Daisy to give her money, but she could give other people money too. She'll need Relive or Warp to be useful, they cost 10k a piece, and Daisy isn't getting much money... Patty's another story. Generally, it's that she's usable with the right resources, but does she really deserve them?

He's around for not even half of chapter 8, which is the shortest chapter in the game. So that's pretty much Chapter 9. :U

And he doesn't even start with a staff!

And I'd say she can get funds if they're available. Who's her competition? Laylea for the knight ring, maybe? Laylea doesn't need it to be useful, while giving Mana a better staff makes her go from meh to great pretty fast. If worse comes to worse she can just fall in love with Celice or Assholio and "borrow" their money.

You guys are funny.

I don't think that "not having staves in her inventory when she starts" should be docked against Mana, as on an all-subs run, almost everyone starts with only 1 item.

The issue isn't that she starts with one staff, it's that she starts with the weakest possible staff (even though she can materialize a better one from thin air to give to Julia, somehow) and has no reliable means to get better ones. Badney & Roddlebad may start with lame Iron Blades, but an Iron Blade can at least score kills for experience and clear arena fights for cash. Live slows Mana's leveling down, which is far less of an issue for Julia once she has Rezire. Mana's healing 20 HP every turn for 15 exp. That's pretty weak.

And I'd say she can get funds if they're available. Who's her competition? Laylea for the knight ring, maybe? Laylea doesn't need it to be useful, while giving Mana a better staff makes her go from meh to great pretty fast. If worse comes to worse she can just fall in love with Celice or Assholio and "borrow" their money.

Tristan wants the Pursuit Ring and actually isn't half bad with it, same with Femina. Dimna would like a Power Ring to kickstart his pre-Hero Bow damage in conjunction with his +5 STR event. Nearly everyone who uses them would like to buy a better sword off Celice (you did have him inherit all the good swords via Sigurd, right?).

You guys are funny.

I don't think that "not having staves in her inventory when she starts" should be docked against Mana, as on an all-subs run, almost everyone starts with only 1 item. Warp and Libro don't even exist until much later in the game considering it's all subs, so I won't dock her points for that. Healers don't really need skills, and she won't be a combat monster anyway. She doesn't really have too much competition for Daisy's gold anyway (because I'll assume Daisy is being used no matter how bad Daisy is) so she can get Recover/Relive rather soon. Oh yeah, she's also around for the entire generation and your only unmounted healer for your secondary squad until chapyer 9 anyway, so yay.

6.5/10

You also have Julia healing, better, plus even if you skip Resire she can buy the Lightning tome at the beginning of Ch8 and start getting arena money. I think Mana can just barely buy relive for chapter 8 from collecting a town in Ch6 and getting all the bonus gold for intact castles from 6 and 7, the only thing Daisy can give her is a Recover. It's not a good use of resources that could give you some good options. The stuff with Mohammed in the beginning of Chapter 8, which is all Mana could reasonably get involved in, doesn't really matter for much but levelling up your footies, and abusing Shanan is always an option to just easily wipe it out. Starting in Ch9 you have Hawk and promoted Linda loaded up with easy arena money and Mana's totally obsolete even for pretty unimportant jobs - and you then get Corple, too.

You guys are funny.

I don't think that "not having staves in her inventory when she starts" should be docked against Mana, as on an all-subs run, almost everyone starts with only 1 item.

Warp and Libro allows Lana's shitty 5 move to be almost overlooked, with Libro being 10 range extra and Warp being cool in general. Mana is stuck with shitty 5 move with no extra 10 range to reach people. You can only rate a 5 move healer with a shitty staff and no way to get her own money until promotion except lover/thief so high.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

My biggest issue with Mana is Janne exists for healing, and starts with a relive staff. I'd rather pour money into Laylea for the knight ring personally, since by the time she does have enough money, Hawk exists, and has no issues at all getting it.