Periodic Table of Elements ~Game Thread~ Game Over

scorri

I'm actually not bothered by town losing in itself. I knew that we were going to lose the moment I rolled vanilla townie. (Fun fact, every game that I've been in where I rolled vanilla town or subbed in for one, the game ended in a town loss.) I already explained why I'm bugged about scum win.

Edited by Sangyul

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol. I figured Mei was the lingering scum. Way too easy to secure a townie vote alongside with Shmo as well. Oh well, gg wp.

**Unfortunately I got caught up in getting funny feelings from Grass, which wasn't altogether incorrect, but eh. Did retract from me finding Prims more scummy than maybe I should've.

Edited by Eurykins

One of the biggest reasons I didn't want a scum victory was because of meibum's conduct. And now that this game is over, I'll explain why.
You and shmobum came in and voted BBM at a time when 11 pages of the game had already progressed, without any evidence of even having checked where the votes were. In a worst-case scenario, this could have hammered BBM and this is terrible play.
While my first post directed at you guys could have been more tactful, it was not, as you're so fond of crying about, hostile in any way whatsoever. If I had said something like, "Hey, idiot twins. There's a game going on. Stop fooling around and play properly," then you would have a point. But I didn't say that, did I?
Your entire case on me was that I was hostile, but I was never hostile. And if you had actually read the thread, you would have noticed that I wasn't anymore "hostile" than anyone else in the game, and that at least one person was arguably more hostile than anything I had done in the game.
Even when I corrected a mistake you made back in D1, telling you that I never spoke about SB, you cried about I'm so hostile and overly critical and you can't edit your posts. This is mafia, and if you're going to continue playing here then get used to it because that amount of "hostility" is normal and you'll see it from everyone else. Also, you had no right to call me out on "breaking rule 0", and scorri can back me up on this as well because she herself said it. Not only did I never break "rule 0", but it is not for players to call each other out on that in the first place.
What really pissed me off, though, is when you continued to take shots at my "hostility" well after I subbed out of the game and couldn't even respond. This is not okay. Not only was I not hostile, but you never even said WHY you felt I was hostile or asked me to stop. You just wanted to cry about how I was such a meanie. If you had actually told me how I was being hostile instead of just crying about it and making me look like the bad guy, I would have tried to be less "hostile" or not do what bothered you. The fact that you only singled me out makes it look like you just wanted to make me look like the bad guy and make everyone pity you.
I do not like people like this, and I've had enough of looking like the bad guy over issues that do not exist or I am getting singled out over. So answer me, where was I being hostile and why was it hostile to you?

To be frank, I think that Mei was ringing out the "cry me a river- I'm a newbie player and any action that is taken against me during the first game must be seen/taken as a hostile action" card really REALLY hard this game. Of course, I suppose it was viable as a sort of 'cover', but I agree that it was a bit unwarranted. That, and the fact that shmo never once questioned Mei made it super obvious that (at least to me) he would remain untouched/unkilled by the Mafia if Mei was as such, since who else would argue against a nearly guaranteed freebie vote? Prior biases are biased. Just sayin'.

To be frank, I think that Mei was ringing out the "cry me a river- I'm a newbie player and any action that is taken against me during the first game must be seen/taken as a hostile action" card really REALLY hard this game. Of course, I suppose it was viable as a sort of 'cover', but I agree that it was a bit unwarranted.

Well, whether it was a cover or not, no one, not even a new player, has the right to make another player look like a bad person over things that aren't even there, and especially in the way she did it. I understand that emotional clashes pop up a lot in mafia. I've had a lot of them myself. Except that I take my problems directly with the person I'm having problems with, letting them know WHY, and I try not to make my posts sound like "guys this mean player is picking on me :(", and I always apologize after the game when I am in the wrong.

All that meibum succeeded in doing was making me feel that she's way too sensitive for mafia and that I don't want to play in another game with her again, and that's not something you want to do.

warning: Major case of sour grapes above.

Although I shouldn't be surprised a rude player would continue being rude.

Also don't make excuses as to why your team loss, please.

It doesn't make you look good.

edit: I don't like interacting with negative people so if you respond to this I won't.

Edited by meibum

warning: Major case of sour grapes above.

Although I shouldn't be surprised a rude player would continue being rude.

Also don't make excuses as to why your team loss, please.

It doesn't make you look good.

edit: I don't like interacting with negative people so if you respond to this I won't.

Thank you. I am now justified in my dislike for you, and will patiently be waiting for scorri's postgame.

okay quick blurb:

- mei if you have problems with boron, why don't you have problems with anyone else because some of us did similar things to boron in the game yet you seem to only have tunnelvision on boron

- "making up excuses to why your team lost" - hey I did that too, where's your problem with me? (see gy)

- boron tried to be civil with you about this issue and all you do is to completely ignore it and be a dick? that's not cool, at all.

- if you actually thought boron was rude to you then i have nothing more to say to you.

Edited by Manix

So that's what they call a sore winner. You pretty much only survived the LYLO because your boyfriend handed it to you, so don't be getting cocky, now. And you can't call me sour grapes because I wasn't even playing.

But yeah town sucked this game. Seriously wtf Kirsche. "Refa died BBM must be the wolf". What kind of retarded logic led you to vote for me on D3? Shmo was at least new and Mei was scum but your vote was terrible, especially as my arguments were objectively better than Prims's were.

"Prims probably wouldn't claim to have a hook if there was scum hooker in addition to him" and "BBM's play D1 so bad prob scum".

Also sure, in your opinion your arguments are better.

hostile in any way whatsoever

You were pretty hostile. Mei made an honest attempt at a read post, a bad read post but a read post nonetheless, and you were like "try harder >_>".

Also

Well, whether it was a cover or not, no one, not even a new player, has the right to make another player look like a bad person over things that aren't even there, and especially in the way she did it.

What? This is mafia, you know. The idea is you're supposed to be painting other people in a negative light. If Mei wants to say that "X is being rude and hostile to me for no reason and this is scummy" then she can and we'll be the judge of if you're rude and hostile and whether or not that is actually scummy.

Can we stop circlejerking and pushing away new players please, we did the same thing with redwall. Having 10+ people lash out at you for a conflicting personality/stance is not inviting in the slightest.

You were pretty hostile. Mei made an honest attempt at a read post, a bad read post but a read post nonetheless, and you were like "try harder >_>".

Even if a lot of those posts could've been phrased better, the point still stands that what I said was hardly any more hostile than what other people had said. What you said to BBM when he was angry and wanting to leave was inexcusable and just as hostile, if not more. Any reason why that was not called out? Manix called them out as well over just popping in and voting BBM. Point being that I was not more hostile than anyone else in this game. Are you going to argue otherwise?

What? This is mafia, you know. The idea is you're supposed to be painting other people in a negative light. If Mei wants to say that "X is being rude and hostile to me for no reason and this is scummy" then she can and we'll be the judge of if you're rude and hostile and whether or not that is actually scummy.

No, you can't. There's a different between portraying someone's actions in a negative light. SB said this in his mason QT, that he felt that I was trying to portray Grassbridger's actions in the worst light possible. THIS is how you're supposed to be painting other people in negative light. Singling out one person on behavior anyone else does is going to lead to resentment and irritation, and playing victim like the other person is "the big bad bully" is only going to make people mad. THIS is not okay.

Can we stop circlejerking and pushing away new players please, we did the same thing with redwall. Having 10+ people lash out at you for a conflicting personality/stance is not inviting in the slightest.

I refuse to adjust my play style or the way I speak/type just because people are new. Because guess what, I didn't get any breaks when I was new in Xenoblade and NSFMM3. I will not purposely antagonize a person who was a legitimate issue, but I am NOT going to sugarcoat my words and coddle new players just because they're new.

also can we please not use the "THIS IS MAFIA THIS IS NOT A NICE GAME" argument because I heard too much of that shit at DM

Like I said, I'm not going to purposely go around antagonizing people or being absolutely hostile/demanding just because it's mafia. At the same time, people should be aware that this is a game where people have to argue and debate with one another, so you are going to have to be able to deal with SOME frustration and butting heads.

I'm saying that because people who purposely upset more sensitive players without listening to them when they get upset argue THIS IS MAFIA THIS IS A MEAN GAME STOP BEING A CRYBABY

but I agree with the rest of what you said yes

Oh yeah, I can understand that sentiment.

What you said to BBM when he was angry and wanting to leave was inexcusable and just as hostile, if not more.

Not to mention this was after a heated debate and not just the response from seeing someone make a single bad play then exploding over it. Seeing a new player make a mistake and then try to put in effort to contribute and then give them shit for it is not the same as me taunting BBM, a well established player and not someone I'd consider emotionally sensitive, to fish for a reaction.

Singling out one person on behavior anyone else does is going to lead to resentment and irritation, and playing victim like the other person is "the big bad bully" is only going to make people mad.

How someone behaves is a part of mafia and if she wants to paint you in a certain light then that's perfectly legitimate play. If it's wrong and you aren't being rude then everyoen else would say as swuch.

Because guess what, I didn't get any breaks when I was new in Xenoblade and NSFMM3.

This is fighting fire with fire. Would you have appreciated it if people were nicer to you? If so, then why aren't you nicer to them?

There's a clear distinction between dissecting someone's logic and insulting people. I just wish less people thought it was weird to do the former while being sensitive to others' feelings.

Both of you are guilty of that. Boron at least has the excuse of being in the heat of the moment, whereas you did it in a cold and calculating fashion.

Edited by Huck Finn

Not to mention this was after a heated debate and not just the response from seeing someone make a single bad play then exploding over it. Seeing a new player make a mistake and then try to put in effort to contribute and then give them shit for it is not the same as me taunting BBM, a well established player and not someone I'd consider emotionally sensitive, to fish for a reaction.

It is still inexcusable, I don't like how you're portraying yourself as being "justified" in what you did to BBM. Who the fuck cares if he is a well established player? Why does it matter if you don't consider him to be emotionally sensitive. Established or not, we are only human, and I don't like how you keep on justifying your taunting BBM because he's a veteran play and apparently not emotional.

Maybe it's not the same situation. But you were just as wrong to do it. I have already admitted that my words could have been chosen more carefully, but it is hardly outright hostility, and she could've told me that she didn't like the way I phrased my words and asked me not to do it. I would've. But I got no such requests, just continued shots at my "hostility" whereas everyone else's apparent "hostilities" were overlooked. You're still failing to admit that I was not any more hostile than any other players were. It is not as if I was the only one who acted as such.

How someone behaves is a part of mafia and if she wants to paint you in a certain light then that's perfectly legitimate play. If it's wrong and you aren't being rude then everyoen else would say as swuch.

Guess what? Everyone else HAS said as such. Including this game's host herself. You are LITERALLY the only person besides mei and shmo who thinks that I was actually solely in the wrong.

This is fighting fire with fire. Would you have appreciated it if people were nicer to you? If so, then why aren't you nicer to them?

I don't think I would have appreciated it any more or less. I've played mafia outside of SF, and I had an idea of what I was getting myself into. I'm not going to ask people to change just because I'm new. I am not unreasonable, and I am willing to cut new players some slack. But I am not going to tolerate being made out to be the bad guy over something that isn't actually overly hostile.