[OUTDATED] Elibian Nights

Arch

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blazer approves the new palette

but thinks that it will be a lot of work for whoever has to hack it in XP

Nah, it isn't that bad once you get a system and a bit of free time.

I can do them in about and hour or two, depends on how focused I am.

I don't really know what happened there, but if anyone else has any insights I'll investigate.

Beyond that, I'd like to give you all my first update from ENv5. Say hello to the new boss of Tale 1; goodbye Werner, hello Warner (beautifully sprited by SquareRootOfPi)!

warnermotherfucker.png

You're a paragon of naming creativity.... lol

What's next? Caleva and Karmenn? :p

Nice sprite tho.

Well, seeing as Pherae is one of the largest houses in Lycia (along with Ostia (which is undoubtedly the largest) and Laus), this map size fits (and it isnt that big anyways (28x29 orso)).

Plus, you mostly have cavalry and otherwise 6 move allies, so it would only take like 10-11 turns to get to the bottom, where the boss is. And if the boss moves, it's even less.

And the map was larger at the beginning, and then Arch reduced it's size, and I fixed it up, so if Arch feels it's the right size, dealwithit.jpg

So herp~

Well, seeing as Pherae is one of the largest houses in Lycia (along with Ostia (which is undoubtedly the largest) and Laus), this map size fits (and it isnt that big anyways (28x29 orso)).

Plus, you mostly have cavalry and otherwise 6 move allies, so it would only take like 10-11 turns to get to the bottom, where the boss is. And if the boss moves, it's even less.

And the map was larger at the beginning, and then Arch reduced it's size, and I fixed it up, so if Arch feels it's the right size, dealwithit.jpg

So herp~

I wonder if the Achievement has to be changed slightly then.

Have you seen the inside of Castle Laus? Or for that matter, the inside of Castle Ostia? The rooms in those castles are much, much smaller than in this map, where you have huge corridors. In fact, it looks even bigger than the inside of Bern Castle or Aquilae. I liked the previous map a lot more, it felt like a much more appropriate size.

Actually, you only have two 8 move units and five 6 move units, plus a 5 move dancer. So really, you have mostly 6 move units rather than mostly cavalry.

So herp~

Well, if you don't want to hear it, I will refrain in the future from mentioning the flaws in hacks and only give praise, since apparently, merely stating my opinion about what a map looks like is too presumptious of me.

Edited by Anouleth

Well you don't even know if Lowen even has 6 move as a GK, maybe he has 7 or even 8. Nor if Ninian still has 5 move (if it's the case, her having 6 move would be better imo).

And even if Lowen has 6, and Ninian 5, it still won't take super long to get to the bottom. 

And we haven't seen the WHOLE castles. And FE7's chapter 31 (Denning), has a pretty large corridor. Also, FE6's chapter 8, which is partly the same map.

And of course you can mention flaws (in your opnion), I'm just defending them. Really, Arch has the upper hand in this.

Getting away from time-warping boots, if you escape the ruins in Pent's Tale with Hawkeye (haven't tested with other characters yet), the conversation from the start of Birds of Feather between Hector, Oswin, Serra and Matthew plays. Also, Douglas has no death quote in Pent's Gaiden.