Return of the Emblem: Chat

CATS

It is clear to me that you guys had no idea why I was even involved. You should be apologizing for jumping to conclusions and insulting me without even getting your facts straight, that is a bigger offense than a silly insult :tangerine:.

Then I shall apologize for this, since I'd rather swallow my pride than look like a moron :<

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not doing anything in the background btw, just watching the drama unfold.

Liar. I see that device you are building. I don't know what it's going to do, but I am going off to hide in my bunker in anticipation.

I'm not doing anything in the background btw, just watching the drama unfold.

Oh, of course. It's not related to this, though.

Maybe a... notpork sandwich would scare Nightmare away?

*gets shot for going off topic and referencing other threads*

I actually can not agree to that. You are the staff team of Serenesforest.net and while I accept your view that the rule regarding reporting was infringed upon. And I can also agree to your conclusion that his behavior doesn't not warrant any form of punishment.

However behavior by members treating Psych poorly are false. The original posts are a reflection of past events and attempts. And if people want to laugh at him for trying, that's their choice, laughing at people for trying isn't an infringement. It wasn't trolling, it wasn't directed at Psych but the rest of the Rp group. And judging a member on actions he has committed on the forum is human nature and not preventable.

The remainder of the posts are response to the staff teams query regarding why Psych has been rejected. And as far as I'm aware allowing Psych to join was a suggestion, not an instruction or policy set forth by the staff team.

Were we horrible to Psych? yes, we were. On IRC, a different website. A website which you as the moderator of Serenes have no jurisdiction over.

Your suggestion to allowing Psych in was rejected at an early stage, and it was made clear he wasn't welcome. And even you've admitted that his registrations are akin to spam. Therefore I fail to see any grounds for you to call upon poor treatment.

Reasons for his rejection were pulled up, and restated very early in the argument. Reasons which were paid very little attention, but he's been told why before. It didn't work. And while I can agree he was just testing, it still doesn't change the outcome.

As I said initially, the reporting was out of order, but misbehavior off Serenes is something you have no right to interject in.

..you mean attempting to stop the thread from derailing further when the main problem has already been solved, by not giving you the response you want? That is kind of my job too. I'd like to point you towards rule 3.2 in the code of conduct.

3.2 Avoid publicly questioning us on policies. We will listen to a well reasoned opinion on why policies should be different, but this needs to be done through PM or the ticket system, preferably the latter if available.

If you have a problem, PM me, in this case it is a better option than a ticket since it is not a specific rule change suggestion. Don't derail the thread further. I already made that mistake by not handling this in PM to begin with. It's criminal how few people read that rule list...

Stop posting about this. If you have a problem, PM me. It is not a hard concept to grasp, I am not unreasonable. The thread has been derailed enough.

Edited by Tangerine

This has been going on for 3 pages now and aside from ragging on mods there doesn't seem to be any point in this continuing. At this point, it's simply a wait and see game to see if Psych will pull a similar frequency of attempted sign-ups or not. Like I said, nothing wrong with attempting once a month, however futile it may be. It's hardly going to bog down the thread if you just leave it be. We've got 3 pages of this stuff killing the thread more than any of Psych's attempted sign-ups have ever managed.

Ignoring the cluster**** above me for the past 1.5 pages (long page setting), Bird, do you want me to reword the ability and class descriptions?

Okay I'm terribly sorry I have not been active.

I have complications in real life.

So could someone please explain what happened.

I left off where um.... Gytha let the pirate guy on the roof of the wagon.

Okay I'm terribly sorry I have not been active.

I have complications in real life.

So could someone please explain what happened.

I left off where um.... Gytha let the pirate guy on the roof of the wagon.

Well, not much in-RP. We reached a town by nightfall, and now it's morning with the characters just waking up.

Now outside, a whole argument you can see in the Sign Up thread if interested. :/

Yay I don't have to worry about a double post or unseen edits! Thanks, 13th ^_^

---------

Current set up for Mage promotion bonuses is as follows.

Sage promotion bonus: +2 MAG, +1 SKL, +1 SPD

Archsage promotion bonus: +2 MAG, +1 SKL, +1 SPD

If there are any objections/suggestions/concerns, now's the time. I haven't updated yet because not enough people were paying attention up to this point.

Objection! For the hell of it.

Suggestion! I don't have one

Concern! Roy left IRC and is worried that everyone's migrating to a later time.

@13th.

Thanks I think?

Edited by Kanami

Update:

-OP updated

-Mage promotion bonuses amended to +2 Mag, +1 SKL, and +1 SPD for both first and second promotions.

---

One down. Let me know when you guys are curious enough to discuss other promotions(I'd prefer to keep discussions as large as possible rather than just two or three people but that's just me -_-)

sc.png

A message from the divine cat God that Synthia should stop reading boring books and appreciate everyone's favorite ball of fur...

Character art *Synthia* by roymbrog. Other parts of the image, shamelessly stolen from a random google search.

Edited by Kanami