Fire Emblem Forever (status: dead?)

Krad

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm at Chapter 7 and I'm enjoying the hack so far, since it's providing a nice difficulty without being overboard.

I'm wondering though, how do you unlock Chapter 7x? I tried killing the boss but I didn't get it.

My only real issue is that the portraits are hilariously small in GBA format

other than that, I have no issues

//my opinion doesn't matter anyway

I may look into finding a way so the text boxes during conversations appear lower in the screen, so the portraits don't look as small. I think that could work.

I'm at Chapter 7 and I'm enjoying the hack so far, since it's providing a nice difficulty without being overboard.

I'm wondering though, how do you unlock Chapter 7x? I tried killing the boss but I didn't get it.

Have Shanan alive and don't kill the boss of Chapter 7.

I really like the difficulty of this game, as in playing smart and abusing the weapon triangle gets you through without using any massive amount of planning. The game as a whole feels very complete (not lacking in any way).

Chapter 4x's right side spawning NPC units disappear if you suspend and start up again. (hurray for save states). I'm an idiot though, and deleted said save states.

yNiBHZq.png p7nc132.png

Edited by deranger

I think Tinny needs to be recruitable by Seliph, as I didn't even know Chapter 6 would be dealing with her recruitment, and I don't feel like restarting an extremely long chapter because I didn't think to bring Arthur.

I love how you let Ishtar be just as difficult as she was in FE4 proper, although this time I found that she was harder by the sheer virtue that you don't have access to Mystlelainn.

Can't wait to pick up Faval whenever he shows up.

If you skip the beige box text at the beginning of chapter 5 (by pressing start), the screen stays black and there's some text sounds in the background. This time I do have a save state.

it's a general issue with the box, sometimes NCONVOS or NEVENTS or a combo of them work (I'm not sure) but it happens in my hacks too and oddly enough under the right circumstances I'm able to replicate the glitch no matter what codes I use to prevent it >_>; (IIRC anyway, there's probably some small detail I'm missing...)

Beat Chapter 10, only to get a Game Over, so I'm assuming I missed 10x and that's the end of the patch. What were the conditions for it? And will I be able to use this file in the next version of this?

Oh, and Ishtar didn't even get to attack once, thanks to her grunts blocking the way. Thanks, guys! Shanan was disarmed so he wouldn't kill the Great Knight and allow Ishtar in.

Om2AKxV.png

Edited by Venusaur

Beat Chapter 10, only to get a Game Over, so I'm assuming I missed 10x and that's the end of the patch. What were the conditions for it? And will I be able to use this file in the next version of this?

[spoiler=10x requirements]Have Ares alive and make Julia fight Raydrik.

The save file's compatibility will depend on whether I add supports to the next version or not (which will cover the entire Gen 2). If they aren't added, the save file will be compatible. If they are added, it won't work.

Oh, and Ishtar didn't even get to attack once, thanks to her grunts blocking the way. Thanks, guys! Shanan was disarmed so he wouldn't kill the Great Knight and allow Ishtar in.

There's actually a third way of dealing with Ishtar aside from fleeing from her or trying to defeat her with Shanan, but I think it's more fun if someone else finds it rather than me telling it. :P:

Edited by Krad

There's actually a third way of dealing with Ishtar aside from fleeing from her or trying to defeat her with Shanan, but I think it's more fun if someone else finds it rather than me telling it. :P:

does the third way involve the fact that she doesnt attack after moving?

Does it involve her talk event with Tinny? Because I did it an she didn't attack anyone.

It's that one.

does it involve a delmud who promoted at level 20 in c4 and at that point could kill her easily

I have trouble believing this.

Also, does someone have a save file from Chapter 10 or 10x they could upload somewhere? I'm going to work on the game a bit this weekend but I lost my save.

he was 20/10(if i remember correctly and had at promotion hp 40(i think) str 20 skl 18 spd 16 lck 16 res 12 def 16 he soloed maps so he was very over leveled

Edited by Ignis Draco

How do you get Salem? Tried talking to him with Seliph and didn't work.

Anyway, I just finished the patch, and I really like it.

Have some stats of my main team 'cuz I like stats.

LfnIBqz.png

Seliph - Got a lot of strength earlygame. Absolutely great once he started doubling things. Wish he could promote via Master Seal.

NRjYFDj.png

Leif - Wishes he was Seliph. He's okay I guess. He hits for decent damage but only one shot unless it's an armour knight.

SDFpvfJ.png

047qAmb.png

(level up on 10x boss)

Larcei - 11/10 would use again forever goddess gushgushgushgushgush

Got some ridiculous levels early on. Gives no fucks. Kills things dead. Also is that res normal for her or did I just get really blessed? I mean yeah she capped defense and all but canonically she's not particularly squishy either so whatever, but her res in vanilla has always been incredibly shit unless her dad's Claude or something so I'm wondering if I just got lucky or she actually got an increase in res growth.

nV2SXPQ.png

Shanan-Doesn't get the greatest levels, but has Balmung so who gives a fuck

Kills Ishtar and shit, awesome unit aw yeah

WgmpmAW.png

Ulster - I actually nearly benched him earlygame because he got some terrible levels and fell really far behind Larcei and Seliph. But since I've always liked the swordtwins I gave him another chance and he finally decided to cooperate. He's no Larcei, but he's definitely competent now.

W3mcLTn.png

Johalva-He was alright. Didn't double much, but hit pretty hard.

UuvfOl8.png

Ares-is Ares. Even without Mystletainn he's still a great unit.

825zk58.png

Fin-First unit I promoted, in chapter 4. Love this guy. Stabs things dead.

zXe7dOn.png

Asvel-IMO the best out of the 4 mages you get, but could just be the RNG. Actually doubles things.

CB7We0K.png

Ced-He kinda joined 2 chapters ago but whatever he's my fav magic user in the series so he'll take a permanent seat in my party. Awesome staff range, too.

Etos1Vo.png

Julia - Makes for a nice one-hit bomb, but can't double anything for shit for a long time. Actually got doubled and had to be protected all the time. Her tome's nice though.

fZwVtkR.png

Lana - Heals. Occasionally bombs dark mages now that she's promoted.

iHcpdx9.png

Nanna - Also heals. Is it just me or is she like, really tanky for a magic user?

Other units I sometimes use:

Oifey and Glade gets use in the chapters with 15+deployment slots. Used Lester until Ishtar's chapter then dropped him from there, but he was great earlygame. Thieves do thief things. Leen dances.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Finnish it already. And it's fun to play!!

Keep it up the good work, man!!

Maybe it is just me, but didn't this hack lack some bow user?

All we have is Lester ,until we get Faval in chapter 9

Maybe introduce Tania or Ronan on Lief's gang?

Edited by Jimmy_Smith

How do you get Salem? Tried talking to him with Seliph and didn't work.

You talk to him with Julia.

047qAmb.png

(level up on 10x boss)

Larcei - 11/10 would use again forever goddess gushgushgushgushgush

Got some ridiculous levels early on. Gives no fucks. Kills things dead. Also is that res normal for her or did I just get really blessed? I mean yeah she capped defense and all but canonically she's not particularly squishy either so whatever, but her res in vanilla has always been incredibly shit unless her dad's Claude or something so I'm wondering if I just got lucky or she actually got an increase in res growth.

Mostly everyone has got an increase in resistance growth (since the original 5-10% was a bit low). They now usually hover around 20-30% with some exceptions.

Also that is an insane Larcei, since her averages at that level are:

219z9md.png

zXe7dOn.png

Asvel-IMO the best out of the 4 mages you get, but could just be the RNG. Actually doubles things.

Asvel's the fastest, Julia's the strongest, and Arthur and Ced are all-around units, Arthur has a horse as a bonus. If you count Salem, he's the tank.

Maybe it is just me, but didn't this hack lack some bow user?

All we have is Lester ,until we get Faval in chapter 9

Maybe introduce Tania or Ronan on Lief's gang?

Johalva, Orsin and Halvan also get bows.

I do have an idea to make bows more common, which I'll add in the future.

Also, thanks for the comments everyone!

Noticed a few bugs/errors:

-When I killed the first boss in Chapter 1, the second boss showed up in the cutscene where he was supposed to, but when the next player phase came around, he had spawned where the first boss had died. Made it a bit difficult to talk to Oifey in time!

-In the intro cutscene to Chapter 4, Dannan misspells Grannvale as Grandvall, or something like that. I think that one of the villages misspells it too.

Otherwise, this hack is top-notch; I'm enjoying it a lot so far.

In chapter 10, Seliph say "Sety, you're a hero" during Ced's entrance.And in 10x, Celice call Julia "Yuria" in one sentence at the end.

Asvel's the fastest, Julia's the strongest, and Arthur and Ced are all-around units, Arthur has a horse as a bonus. If you count Salem, he's the tank.

And Tinny? except being the cutest

Edited by Sartek

at the end of chapter 6, when leif is talking to glade, i think two of the dialogue bubbles are switched (when leif is asking if glade rescued a blonde-haired woman).

chapter 6 is a little bit odd. is there supposed to be some sort of reinforcement trigger around kempf? after i cleared the first wave of mounties, i realized that i could just drop seliph and shanan inside the alster blockades and seize without as much as doing anything.

(and where the heck did anyone find a promo item in chapter 4)

so far this has been mostly enjoyable, as expected, but holy crap there are tons of enemies everywhere

Edited by dondon151