Japan just got hit by an 8.9 Earthquake, and a 6 Meter Tsunami

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if anyone spoiled it blame the makers of 2012

I haven't heard about the volcano, though. :( Where was it?

Edited by Reinfleche

I haven't heard about the volcano, though. :( Where was it?

Kyushu, which happens to be the southern island which Nagasaki is placed on. Dunno if volc is near nagasaki tho.

Also where a man who feels they don't make enemy officers like they used to comes from.

So.

Earthquake, tsunami, nuclear meltdowns, and now a volcano.

What next? Meteors?

High winds, then Captain Planet

(gimme a break, those aftershocks are scaring me)

Earthquakes can be caused by volcanoes, so which came first? The earthquake, or the volcano? If the volcano came after, and very recently, it's rather disconcerting...

Damn, natural/nuclear disasters suck. Hope Japan's gonna be okay...

What is wrong with all you people? Remember Pearl Harbor!!!

Can't remember who it was, (Someone in the RP boards) but they linked me to an image which had gathered a whole bunch of comments from facebook, blurting out things like the earthquake being "payback for pearl harbor."

I have a sick sense of humor, and I laughed :/ Photoshopping Godzilla is nothing compared to that image. Image comes up if you google "Pearl Harbor Japan Earthquake". I considered posting the image here, but figured it was a wee-bit inappropriate.

Just to make sure I don't get mistaken for actually endorsing Japanese hate, I probably should state the obvious and say that the opening statement of this post is sarcasm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As for famous people dying, whoever said it earlier is right. I've got an aunt and two cousins living south of the region that was worst hit, and still haven't heard from them , but that doesn't mean they're dead.

Edited by Kanami

.... What are you stalking me?

*Checks rules for something against stalking, and finds nothing*

..... crap >_<

Seriously though, I make one post outside the Creative boards and within 5 minutes you're reading my posts. I'm either a person of interest (rulebreaking) or you're being creepy Nightmare :P

*Is scared atm, very scared*

/derailing.

It's my job to stalk people, so don't worry. You're not a special case or anything. As for reading and responding in 5 minutes, I guess I just inherited Sirius' speed.

But I just mentioned that since you once said that you weren't interested in posting here and I was bored so I wanted a reaction.

Edited by Nightmare

It's called "Newest post".

Also, I'm amazed you could even LAUGH at that when you've even got family members potentially dead. There is idiocy that can be laughed at, and idiocy that is not funny and never will be. That is an example of one, and to be frank, if that's the direction of humanity then we don't deserve to even exist.

Also, I'm amazed you could even LAUGH at that when you've even got family members potentially dead. There is idiocy that can be laughed at, and idiocy that is not funny and never will be. That is an example of one, and to be frank, if that's the direction of humanity then we don't deserve to even exist.

Nature seems to think so, hence the earthquake, tsunami and all the other natural disasters occurring across the globexD

I think you're being too sensitive if you connect laughing at "silly individuals making ignorant racist comments" to the actual disaster. It'd be just as easy to condemn them and throw comments filled of anger and righteousness, but what's the point? They'll most likely never hear you, and even if they did they probably wouldn't care.

Am I worried about my family? I suppose the humane thing would be to say "yes." Do these people care though? Quite obviously not XD Them caring isn't going to affect any lives. And I doubt them being hateful has cost any lives too.

There's only three possible responses to such idiocy; arguing, ignoring or laughing. And since I can't do the former two, what else can I do? Shake my head and curse humanity? XD

@Nightmare

It's a pity you don't get paid for it then, or do you?. Sirius speed combined with remembering me saying I don't like posting here? Didn't I tell you that once in a PM over a year ago? :/ How on earth do you remember that?

Anyway I'm only posting here, cause "Japan" caught me eye. And frankly I'm kind of getting sick of responding to "Thank god you're alive" Or "Damn it, you're not dead to the few that know me. That and like you, I was bored enough to want to see a reaction :P

Can't remember who it was, (Someone in the RP boards) but they linked me to an image which had gathered a whole bunch of comments from facebook, blurting out things like the earthquake being "payback for pearl harbor."

I saw that too, and found it pretty sickening, even by my standards.

But not wanting to be outdone it appears youtube has decided to show that they have created an all new breed of idiot

FUCK JAPAN, THEY'RE LIKE FUCKING MONKEYS AND THEY DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD WHAT A BUNCH OF DUMBFUCK FLAT-FACED SLIT-EYED UGLY SHITFUCKS. THE ONLY TRUE HUMAN RACE IS THE WHITE RACE. ALL OTHERS ARE PRIMITIVE AND SUBSERVIENT. GOD GAVE HUMANS A CHANCE TO RIGHT THEMSELVES BY CREATING PEOPLE LIKE HITLER, BUT IT ENDED UP FAILING. SOON ALL NON-WHITE RACES WILL BE DESTROYED AND THE WORLD WILL FINALLY BE RID OF ITS IMPURITIES

YouTube always creates new breeds of idiots. ALWAYS.

YouTube always creates new breeds of idiots. ALWAYS.

Yeah but fb is getting really close to matching them now:

Protip: Just because you joined a facebook group about the disaster you have still done fuck all for those afflicted.

Yup, sounds like a typical attention-hungry YouTube emo. They're known for being about as mature as your average bratty 7-year old and about as smart as a rock. Ignore them.

It's called "Newest post".

I agree. I couldn't even smile at that joke plus it was pretty unimpressive on it's own.

I think Japan says 9.1 and the US decided to stick with 9.0 *shrugs* All we can know is that it's among the top 5 in the world.

Watching those tsunami videos is pretty horrible. =[ Can definitely sympathize much more after seeing the videos and damage, as well as hearing about the nuclear meltdowns.

Earthquakes can be caused by volcanoes, so which came first? The earthquake, or the volcano? If the volcano came after, and very recently, it's rather disconcerting...

Damn, natural/nuclear disasters suck. Hope Japan's gonna be okay...

I don't think volcanoes make earthquakes that big do they? Their big booms are when they erupt (depending on what type of volcano it is). I think the earthquake caused the volcano to erupt because of the shaking and huge tremors it made.

I think it was in a comment. I have an affinity for remembering random facts.

I can understand this pretty well cause sometimes I'm like that. =D

On another note...

People keep saying that all these huge earthquakes are signifying the end of the world. =/ Personally I would just think that with one thing shifting it might cause a chain reaction with the rest of the plates. Or this just happens to be an active shifting period for the plates...

I am just unwilling to believe that humans can predict the end of the world =D If it ends we won't know it is what I am always constantly telling myself.

Oh my, nothing like people spouting KKK logic, especially funny when you consider that given the geological location, Jesus probably wasn't even white!

People keep saying that all these huge earthquakes are signifying the end of the world. =/ Personally I would just think that with one thing shifting it might cause a chain reaction with the rest of the plates. Or this just happens to be an active shifting period for the plates...

I am just unwilling to believe that humans can predict the end of the world =D If it ends we won't know it is what I am always constantly telling myself.

Well if you believe the bible with all the chaos spoken of in the Book of Revalation I'd say we are getting pretty close to the end of the world not that I am trying to tie this into religion and change the subject

I am glad for all those who are okay, and I want to send the best wishes to everyone over there

Edited by HongLei

Someone made a thread for posting jokes about this shit over at Shrine of Seals. Norodo told me to delete it if the situation in Japan got worse and I just said "fuck that, delete it now".

This shit is going to have jokes about it for a while and people are all going to laugh at them eventually like always. Irritating thought.

Just found out yesterday my dad has a cousin in Japan. He lives 65 miles away from the Nuclear Reactors.

More on topic though, people shouldn't really make jokes about huge natural disasters. Its just not cool. Especially us Americans who live in a country big enough that Natural disasters here damage not even an just one whole state usually. In smaller countries like Japan they can do a lot more damage. I just don't think we really understand how bad this kind of thing can be.

There are so many things that really shouldn't be joked about, but are anyway. We'll never be able to completely eradicate such jokes, I think, but we damn well ought to try.

Also related to the quakes, I'm finding it frustratingly hard to find information on the situation with the Fukushima power plant that isn't just completely made of panic. Getting sick and tired of the news media.

I don't think it's necessary to eradicate jokes that are insensitive. Few if any that make over-the-top jokes about Japan are serious, given that they're jokes. It's silly to assume that laughter at a crass joke is perfectly equatable to laughter at people suffering related to the subject. Why judge someone about a form of humor if they don't view these people negatively?