The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Which route do you want to play next?

Spoiler

Church, since i already have a save point at route split. I already looked around the monestary a bit. Wow, does Dimitri sound angry. ''I'll have her head!''

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Aw yeah, Vestaria Saga release in just one week. Well, five days to be exact; but that's still a weekday away.

at a very bad time, i am busy with FE16. Should've released a few weeks earlier before i decided to get a switch xD

And well, there's the whole controversy

57 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

If you don't mind me asking, what is the Dangen controversy about?

Apparently they don't pay the indie developers they are contracted with

https://old.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/e054z4/publisher_dangen_entertainment_bug_fables_devil/

There's also a big post about it on regretera

Edited by Shrimperor

• Replies 180.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

You don't have to. The most you'll miss out on is references here and there, but for the most part they don't affect the larger story. If you don't have a previous save file, an early conversation actually allows you to chose what Revan's gender was and whether they leaned on the light or dark side of the force (although it is still ambiguous).

The most you probably need to know without going into spoilers is that the player avatar, Revan, and Malak fought in the Mandalorian wars against the Jedi Orders wishes, as the latter believed it was the Republics fight and that it would lead to several Jedi falling to the Dark Side. Seeing as Revan and Malak became Sith, they weren't entirely wrong (although the war wasn't the only reason they turned). You can chose whether the avatar believes the Jedi Order was right and they shouldn't have gone, that they don't regret fighting even with the consequences afterwards, that they only joined because violence, or if they still don't know. Oh, and Dantooine was bombed to hell and back during the events of the previous game. Other than that, I think you can find out the rest from playing the game itself.

I see. I think i'd probably start with KOTOR 1 though, just for the chronology. 

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I found this:

o8negwh9qu541.png

The layout of this meme is too all over the place for me to appreciate it fully. Even if it is accurate.

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And these years-old figurines Square Enix designed:

lf4c1ycgduixmsmaimra.jpg

gxxkjihnne6ypa2yulst.jpgz4ocuj2zqlcfkj0w8lmc.jpg

Yo, these are badass.

I always forget that Square Enix did more than just games. I remember they wrote the novelization for Blazing Blade.

8 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Story wise, i feel it's a bit rushed imo, and needed a couple more chapters. 

Crimson Flower is definitly the rushed part of the game. Not only is it three chapters shorter than all the other routes, but there's not a single animated cutscene save for the final one.

Glad you enjoyed the game. Word of advice though, take a break. Even with NG+ bonuses, Part One of the game quickly becomes a slog if you play the game too many times in a row.

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Aw yeah, Vestaria Saga release in just one week. Well, five days to be exact; but that's still a weekday away.

I'm baffled that they're releasing it two days after Christmas. That totally worked out well for Tokyo Mirage Sessions /s.

1 hour ago, Strullemia said:

Never played Kotor 2, only Kotor 1 but do note that if you end up playing Kotor 2 that you should install a "restoration mod". Apparently, a lot of content got cut because Obsidian had to release the game when the seocnd prequel movie came out and without the mod a lot of stuff is missing.

Ooh, thanks for the advice. 

23 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

https://old.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/e054z4/publisher_dangen_entertainment_bug_fables_devil/

I wasn't too interested in Vestaria Saga but this is pretty bad. Reminds me of the whole Nicalis controversy.

If i do get the game, it'll be through

tumblr_o1wnztSYmy1uexdojo7_400.gif

The game is free in Japan anyway.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

If you don't mind me asking, what is the Dangen controversy about?

What Shrimp said. I also heard that the only reason the translation version costs money is because of Dangen having to work on it, which makes sense but in that case you shouldn’t be involved in a controversy like that.

9 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Unless the other routes are filled with FE4/13/BR/REV/15 Disaster like maps, i don't understand this ''Maps bad'' arguement. They are no Conquest, but it's pretty much Tellius with a dash of Jugdral.

No mention of FE6? I'd consider most all those games you mentioned to have better maps than FE6.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Part One of the game quickly becomes a slog if you play the game too many times in a row.

Since i am doing 

Spoiler

church

next, i won't need to repeat part 1

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

No mention of FE6? I'd consider most all those games you mentioned to have better maps than FE6.

There's alot of stuff i hate about FE6, so much i consider it my least fav. game in the series. But maps didn't strike as disaster bad. Everything else however xD

It hasn't been visuals for its era, and usually audio, that modern FF has been hurting for, those things always shine, it's the story/characters and the gameplay that have taken the flak. Even when it fails, FF fails in technical beauty. Sure these things age, but despite obvious wrinkles in terms of detail, XII with a simple HD port is not yet entirely antiquated despite 14 years passing.

No PS4, so I don't intend to play VIIR, but I'm interested in how they'll be remixing One Winged Angel- the final battle final phase theme. I haven't listed to any version other than the original and the Distant Worlds remix, though I know the Advent Children movie toyed with the composition. I'm going to doubt AC will influence this version, but I won't rule it out completely. They know they're going to have to kick it out to Andromeda in terms of quality though, it's become the auditory soul of Sephiroth.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

There's alot of stuff i hate about FE6, so much i consider it my least fav. game in the series. But maps didn't strike as disaster bad. Everything else however xD

Personally, I find the maps to be one of the worst things about the game - while the first few are tolerable, after chapter 6, it goes to hell, as the game just spams long, winding maps from that point on, which gets really old really fast. And don't get me started on the gaidens and their awful gimmicks... (which 8x has none of, thankfully, but it compensates with a blatantly unfair boss instead).

@Interdimensional Observer @Shadow Mir @Lightchao42 since i know you three have played Xenoblade Chronicles, i have a question for you regarding the Heart-to-Hearts. I've gotten into a discussion with someone who argues against removing the Affinity requirements, saying that the Affinity levels add subtext into the HtH scenarios. My rebuttal to that was that the subtext doesn't really matter since the HtHs can be viewed in any order and it's totally possible to view a HtH with Affinity higher than required. It's not like FE Support conversitons where you have to view them in order.

The reason i bring this up is because this is the first time i'm hearing that the Affinity level directly affect the scenarios themselves. I always saw it as a mere requirement, especially after Xenoblade 2 lets you view them the moment you find them. Like, do you think this Affinity/subtext thing matters in the long run or would removing the Affinity requirements just be better?

Edited by Armagon

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

@Interdimensional Observer @Shadow Mir @Lightchao42 since i know you three have played Xenoblade Chronicles, i have a question for you regarding the Heart-to-Hearts. I've gotten into a discussion with someone who argues against removing the Affinity requirements, saying that the Affinity levels add subtext into the HtH scenarios. My rebuttal to that was that the subtext doesn't really matter since the HtHs can be viewed in any order and it's totally possible to view a HtH with Affinity higher than required. It's not like FE Support conversitons where you have to view them in order.

The reason i bring this up is because this is the first time i'm hearing that the Affinity level directly affect the scenarios themselves. I always saw it as a mere requirement, especially after Xenoblade 2 lets you view them the moment you find them. Like, do you think this Affinity/subtext thing matters in the long run or would removing the Affinity requirements just be better?

I would need to reread the HtHs to refresh my memory, but maybe they can work on a case-by-case basis where some conversations have an Affinity requirement or require viewing a previous conversation, but most don't. Alternatively they can be locked until certain points in the plot if necessary (which XC2 does in one case). HtH requirements didn't bother me too much compared to other quality of life improvements I would like to see, though I wouldn't mind if they were changed in the Definitive Edition.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_20191223-153444_1.png?width=2

Dictionaries gotta stay hip. If language didn't change, we'd all be speaking pre-proto Indo-European, except for those speaking whatever the first hominids who created a language made up.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

For XCX as an initial aside, I just witnessed that a few are indeed chronological. For instance, Mia's 1st has you see her talking to some guy, and then the second you hear about her planning something in the 2nd that stemmed from her talking to the guy, and then you see the results of her plan in the 3rd. But after the 3rd, there is no chronology involving the fourth and fifth.

For XC1, I had to gloss over some HtHs to get an idea. To list some of them with SPOILERS mentioned.:

Spoiler
  • Dunban-Melia
    1. Ends with Dunban asking Melia to open up to others.
    2. Just talk of the High Entia past.
    3. A talk between Dunban and Melia about his former friend and her father's murderer.
  • Reyn-Fiora
    1. Food
    2. Snow
    3. On its best outcome, this speaks of Reyn setting out with Shulk the day after Fiorung was "killed", so it's a little more intimate.
  • Shulk-Sharla
    1. Basic talk of early events and the Monado's power.
    2. About her father's heirloom watch.
    3. Requires a fully finished Colony 6 and looks towards the future.
  • Melia-Riki
    1. Silly Nopon talk.
    2. Silly talk over food.
    3. Riki trying to help Melia deal with her sorrows.
  • Shulk-Fiora
    1. The introduction to HtHs.
    2. Talk of her bo-day.
    3. Talk of restoring her body, which is a tad touching, and other serious stuff. But this is found in Prison Island 2, of course it should be.
  • Dunban-Reyn
    1. Talk of Monado use, Shulk, the attacks on Colony 9 and 6, Sharla.
    2. Talk of Dunban's use of the Monado, the Mechon warring of a year prior.
    3. Talk of Shulk and Fiora as a couple, some mention of Reyn's role in a friend trio.
  • Melia-Sharla
    1. Girls' swim
    2. Astrology
    3. Melia, give up on Shulk.

Other than the first HtH set I picked, I don't see any subtle progression. Maybe there are ones I didn't scan that do have a progression that gets increasingly intimate, but I don't really see it for the rest.

Yes the pink hearts are often more serious, but usually the pink heart HtHs require you play further into the game to unlock, no? Gating via time and place is better than gating with Affinity to me.

I cast judgement in your favor, do away with the Affinity requirements I'll say.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Dictionaries gotta stay hip. If language didn't change, we'd all be speaking pre-proto Indo-European, except for those speaking whatever the first hominids who created a language made up.

So... something like Basque?

5 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Alternatively they can be locked until certain points in the plot if necessary (which XC2 does in one case).

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Gating via time and place is better than gating with Affinity to me.

Yeah, gating via time is honestly the best course of action. Well, second best. Xenoblade 2 lets you view HtHs the moment you find one which is the best course of action imo. Affinity levels took way too long to grind in Xenoblade 1 so the HtHs there didn't feel rewarding, even if i did like them.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yeah but even taking that into account, snafu sounds like someting you'd find on Urban Dictionary, not an actual one.

22 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Reveal hidden contents

Church, since i already have a save point at route split. I already looked around the monestary a bit. Wow, does Dimitri sound angry. ''I'll have her head!''

Good luck and have fun!

You can S-support Flayn on this route. AND you'll have one of the best units in the game, too!

22 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

There's also a big post about it on regretera

21 hours ago, Strullemia said:

What Shrimp said. I also heard that the only reason the translation version costs money is because of Dangen having to work on it, which makes sense but in that case you shouldn’t be involved in a controversy like that.

I see, I see, thank you both!

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:
Spoiler

AND you'll have one of the best units in the game, too!

Spoiler

Haar and Ayra, FE16 Edition xD

Also, played some of Silver Snow, let's see, gameplay wise:

Spoiler

Last chapter before time skip was much harder then Edel's. Pegasis, fast flying monsters, the 2 useless green units on Edel route became scary bosses, and Death Knight that i wanted to evade then got pulled by a Green unit, thankfully Cathrine was able to Crit him or he would've deded my whole army xD

1st map post time skip.... Well, i know now why people have problems with this map. Honestly, it wasn't extra bad or anything, it's just, so many enemy unis, so freaking many...
And then they give you only 3 Chest Keys in a Map with 4 Chests. WTF? Was i suppossed to see the Future and buy a chest Key last map or something? What is this, Thracia?

2nd map post time skip (west wall) was actually much easier than on Edel route, mainly because the game gave me 2 fast units (Seteth, Cathrine) + Breaker Skills +  Forest = Dodgetanking 24/7, and well, Flayn, Byleth and Shamir cleared the whole right side. 

Also, ugh. Petra/Bernie Paralogue... Again....

Story wise

Spoiler

Rhea in Edel Route: ''BURN EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM''
Rhea in Church Route: ''PROTECT EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM''

It was interesting to see Edel war's effect on the students, how everyone was scared, how they are going to be affected, Dimitri's ''I'll have that girl's head'', the church evacuating the villages, etc.
It just convinced me more that Edel's course of action is the wrong one. She's destroying so many lives. 
Also was a bit surprised to see BE students staying with the church, then again, the only reason they joined in CF is because of the chaos and Rhea's transformation (due to Byleth's Betrayal). Without Rhea transforming in the tomb, to the students it's clear who the traitor and war starter is: Edelgard. And so in chaos, they follow the only Figure they can trust, Byleth.

I also liked that Seteth doesn't really approve of Rhea making an experiment out of Byleth, and always having the population's safety in mind. That guy does really care about the people more than power, unlike Rhea who i am not so sure about (Although after her ''i can't let another Red Canyon happen'' i guess she thinking she cares better by using 'though love'? 'We know how to protect you better'? That kind of thing?)

And well, time skip happened and...
The continent is already almost in Edelgard's control. So much for ''i'll have that girl's head'' Dimitri xD. And we are making an alliance with the alliance it seems.

And Rhea is missing. Probably sleeping, like Byleth was. It also seems that sleeping thing happens often to Rhea's Brethern, atleast according to the hints Flayn and Seteth give.

Also, why isn't this a Meme yet XD

Spoiler

oAJkigI.jpg

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Merry Christmas Eve, everyone!

Thanks! I wish that to you and everyone here, too! 

OT91dsH.jpg

Edited by Shrimperor

Back home. 

Hamburg was a super nice city, honestly more interesting than Berlin, mainly because the architecture impressed me a lot. All the buildings alongside the port looked marvelous. Also the hotel was way better, mainly quieter despite being located close to the mid city.

The highlight was the model train museum. God, I want to have a model train again and creating a city with beautiful lamdscape! 12 Mio € cost to make it. Well, it is the largest model train area in the world. 

Anyways back in good old depressing homeland. Despite I will not celebrate Christmas, my evening is saved. My two favorite Christmas movies come one by another. 

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Merry Christmas Eve, everyone!

Same to you!

@Zemuria That spinning Hilda gif is adorable. :3

I know.

I know I mentioned it before, but Merry Christmas! 

Edited by Zemuria

Happy Christmas eve!

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

A Home Alone fan? Saaaaaame here! The sequel is good enough too. 3 and 4 are nonexistent, but if they were, I'd bet they'd be utter atrocities due to losing the original kid.

Man, if 3 and 4 are nonexistent, what does that make 5?

...yes there are 5 Home Alone movies for some reason.

10 hours ago, Zemuria said:

I expected everyone here loves these Macaulay Culkin movies.

Oh yes. Home Alone 1 and 2 are the defintion of Christmas classics.