The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

@lightcosmo The final boss is Lvl50, so of course lvl 90 will make it easy xD. Did you the Post game Vert + Arthut lvl 100 fight?

Is this a coliseum fight? It doesn't sound familiar. Also, where do I get the character cards?

• Replies 180.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

Well since my college has effectively issued Spring Break 2, i'm in the mood for some more Godzilla. @Lightchao42 i recall you being a Godzilla fan when i mentioned i had watched Shin Godzilla so i have a question for you: what Godzilla movies would you recommend? I only ask that they be easily accessible and also nothing from before the 70s (i'll watch 50s and 60s Godzilla eventually but i really gotta be in the mood for black and white stuff).

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

I know i already said this before, but Atelier's deep crafting system really needs a deep battle system to shine
the battle system being so basic really doesn't do the crafting justice.

I wouldn't exactly say that Atelier has a basic battle system, though i kinda get what you mean since it isn't exactly that deep either. Escha & Logy's battle system is probably the deepest it gets in the series imo but tbf, given Atelier's chill nature, i'm fine with the combat not being super deep. It's still good enough that i'm not just mindlessly going through menus but just like it's stories, if i want something deeper, there's other games. Atelier is fine with being chill and i like it that way.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

You could also make the argument that the combat isn't even the point of the series. In fact, I'd say that for some games, you could remove the combat entirely and you wouldn't really lose anything, Atelier Rorona being one such example.

Atelier Rorona is the only example. Combat being nothing in other Atelier games would actually be detrimental. In Rorona it's fine because you can just get away with anything since it's the only game in the series without mandatory boss fights (well, they are still there but only if you want specific character endings). Totori has one mandatory boss, Meruru has a few and Ayesha and onwards have mandatory final bosses in addition to multiple regular mandatory bosses.

So yeah, while combat isn't super emphasized, it's really just Rorona that can get away with no fights. Though maybe some classic Atelier games are like that too.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

You could also make the argument that the combat isn't even the point of the series.

While true, i kinda wish all these effects on items would mean more, ya know?

45 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Is this a coliseum fight? It doesn't sound familiar.

Nope, it's an extra fight in Heart dimension...

Hmm, now that i think about it, it might be DLC only.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

In that case, the superbosses will push your knowledge of the alchemy and battle system to it's fullest. Regular synthesis and stuff won't be enough, you really gotta have some high quality stuff to take on these monsters.

Edited by Armagon

48 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

At my current level (140) its probably too easy now.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Well since my college has effectively issued Spring Break 2, i'm in the mood for some more Godzilla. @Lightchao42 i recall you being a Godzilla fan when i mentioned i had watched Shin Godzilla so i have a question for you: what Godzilla movies would you recommend? I only ask that they be easily accessible and also nothing from before the 70s (i'll watch 50s and 60s Godzilla eventually but i really gotta be in the mood for black and white stuff).

If being in black and white really matters to you, everything past the first two movies (the original Godzilla and Godzilla Raids Again) is in color. I would of course suggest watching the original eventually, but that can wait if you aren't in the mood for it. When you do want to get started with the 60s, you may consider starting with King Kong vs. Godzilla, Mothra vs. Godzilla, and Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster, since they introduce the more traditional monster vs. monster style without being too silly or weird (and the last is the first instance of Godzilla being an anti-hero). You might also want to see Mothra and Rodan's debut films at some point since they share continuity with the 60s films that feature them.

If being modern is in your interest, you might consider starting with The Return of Godzilla and watching the rest of the Heisei movies (from 1984 to 1995) from there, since they're more serious and follow a clear continuity. Alternatively you can start with any of the Millennium movies (1999 to 2004), which are also modern but largely standalone (except Tokyo S.O.S. which is a sequel to Against Mechagodzilla). Final Wars features many monsters from previous movies so you may appreciate it more after familiarizing yourself with the series.

While they aren't Godzilla movies, I would also recommend watching the 90s Gamera trilogy if you're interested in kaiju movies in general, since the rival the better Godzilla movies in quality. And since you watched the other two MonsterVerse movies, you may as well watch Kong: Skull Island if you haven't already for when Godzilla vs. Kong releases.

I consulted James Rolfe's recommendation video when coming up with these, so here's the video if you want to watch it yourself.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

If being in black and white really matters to you, everything past the first two movies (the original Godzilla and Godzilla Raids Again) is in color.

Good to know. I don't have anything against black and white films but it's nice knowing that it doesn't take too long for Godzilla to feature color.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

And since you watched the other two MonsterVerse movies, you may as well watch Kong: Skull Island if you haven't already for when Godzilla vs. Kong releases.

Yeah, i think i'll probably do this one first just to be ready for Godzilla vs Kong. After that, if i'm in the mood, i'll watch the original Godzilla. If not, i think i'll start with the Millenium films. 

Thanks for the recommendations.

32 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Good to know. I don't have anything against black and white films but it's nice knowing that it doesn't take too long for Godzilla to feature color.

Yeah, i think i'll probably do this one first just to be ready for Godzilla vs Kong. After that, if i'm in the mood, i'll watch the original Godzilla. If not, i think i'll start with the Millenium films. 

Thanks for the recommendations.

You're welcome. It's funny you should bring up Godzilla now because it was recently shown that Animal Crossing: New Horizons will have a Godzilla lookalike statue that I'm definitely going to fill my island with.

BuJT3Il.png

It looks like Godzilla, but due to international copyright laws, it's not!

Reminds me when Godzilla showed up in Ace Combat Infinity... and SRW Cross-Omega.

Even as a cross-over fan, it was still a bit of a surprise (and amusement), to see such combinations, heh.

Well, finally did some more of DQIV.

Which mostly consisted on start going back and forth buying and selling armour. Because money. Gotta profit from the incoming war before stopping said war before it can start. Capitalism, ho!

Though I'm sure I can still sell after that. Either way...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

4 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

You're welcome. It's funny you should bring up Godzilla now because it was recently shown that Animal Crossing: New Horizons will have a Godzilla lookalike statue that I'm definitely going to fill my island with.

BuJT3Il.png

"We told you that you can't put Godzilla in this game."
"But it isn't Godzilla."
"But it looks exactly like Godzilla."
"It isn't!"
"So you're going to tell me this statue, that looks like Godzilla, isn't Godzilla at all."
"Yep!"
"..."

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

Atelier Rorona is the only example. Combat being nothing in other Atelier games would actually be detrimental. In Rorona it's fine because you can just get away with anything since it's the only game in the series without mandatory boss fights (well, they are still there but only if you want specific character endings). Totori has one mandatory boss, Meruru has a few and Ayesha and onwards have mandatory final bosses in addition to multiple regular mandatory bosses.

So yeah, while combat isn't super emphasized, it's really just Rorona that can get away with no fights. Though maybe some classic Atelier games are like that too.

Good point, actually.
Speaking of Totori, I question whether or not it really absolutely needed to have that one mandatory boss fight. Just remembering that thing... ugh.

11 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

That's completely valid where the normal enemies are concerned, because against those, using items is kinda... wasteful, almost, unless you're underlevelled, in which case the items can give you an edge.
But, like @Armagon said, some of the later bosses and superbosses in Lulua in particular will really push your knowledge about alchemy. Heck, there are some lategame regular enemies that will kick your butt unless you know what you're doing.

11 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

It is, since it involves Million Arthur, who is a DLC character (and one of the best in game, both personality and gameplay-wise).
Though if memory serves @lightcosmo is playing the VII-R version, so the DLC characters might be included in the base game.

---

I continued Xenoblade 2 a bit and reached Indol Cathedral.
That place reeks of hypocrisy and corruption to the point where it almost wafts out of my Switch. Can we have Mythra destroy that place with her light spear rain?
Also met that Amalthus guy and...

yeah, that guy's a villain. The way he speaks, the way he looks, the way his backstory is told, it all raises some serious red flags with me. Unlinke Rhea, there's nothing ambiguous about him being a or even

the villain. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that he and Malos have been using Jin and the Torna people for their own ends this whole time and that Jin was actually just being manipulated into doing what he does. Which is... wait, what the f*** is he doing?
Anyway, the only way this game could surprise me at this point is if it turns out Amalthus being telegraphed as a villain is just a giant Red Herring.

It is, since it involves Million Arthur, who is a DLC character (and one of the best in game, both personality and gameplay-wise).
Though if memory serves @lightcosmo is playing the VII-R version, so the DLC characters might be included in the base game.

---

That place reeks of hypocrisy and corruption to the point where it almost wafts out of my Switch. Can we have Mythra destroy that place with her light spear rain?
Also met that Amalthus guy and...

Reveal hidden contents

yeah, that guy's a villain. The way he speaks, the way he looks, the way his backstory is told, it all raises some serious red flags with me. Unlinke Rhea, there's nothing ambiguous about him being a or even

the villain. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that he and Malos have been using Jin and the Torna people for their own ends this whole time and that Jin was actually just being manipulated into doing what he does. Which is... wait, what the f*** is he doing?
Anyway, the only way this game could surprise me at this point is if it turns out Amalthus being telegraphed as a villain is just a giant Red Herring.

I'm playing VII not VII-R. Also still playing around trying to beat the next coliseum battle. Attempt number... actually, I lost count.

Also, congrats on getting that far in Xenoblade 2! I like your prediction on the story, too! I mean, I like reading what people think is going to happen and such.

Edited by lightcosmo

10 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

I understood that reference. 

Well, i haven't actually seen the movie where it's from, just the clip.

That place reeks of hypocrisy and corruption to the point where it almost wafts out of my Switch.

Yeah but at hey least it looks pretty and the theme is nice.

Also no actual spoilers in this but

Spoiler

There's still quite a few more surprises, so i wouldn't worry on that front.

So last night, i watched Kong: Skull Island but it was midnight when i finished and i wanted to go to bed so that's why i didn't talk about it. But i'm talking about it now.

In terms of the MonsterVerse movies, this one definitly has the strongest narriatve. Whereas Godzilla 2014's narriatve wasn't.....bad and King of the Monsters's narritave was better but i still didn't really care for the humans that much, Skull Island definitly had the best human cast. There was a good balance between the monster side of the story and the human side of the story. Kong himself is also like, a fucking badass, which is weird since i always saw Kong as more of a big dumb ape that gets killed by planes from the 30s. But idk, i haven't seen any other movies with Kong in them (there was a Fathom event for the original King Kong in theaters last Sunday but i missed it, also it's probably for the better anyway because social distancing and all). Defintely looking forward to Kong and Godzilla beating the shit out of each other in the upcoming Godzilla vs Kong.

I will say though that even though the human cast is the best in the MonsterVerse series, i still kinda can't remember anyone's names except for Marlow and Colonel Packard, who were the strongest characters among the cast. It's a similar issue that i had with the Legendary Godzilla films, where the only truly noteworthy character is Serizawa and Shin Godzilla, where i genuianly don't remember anybody's names. The human-kaiju balance in Kong: Skull island is definitly better than the other films i mentioned and even though i don't remember their names, the other characters were fine but in the end, i'd say the movie tips more in favor of the kaiju side than the human side. Just like the three Godzilla films i mentioned, these are movies you're watching for the kaiju, Kong: Skull Island just happens to be the only one where the human side of the story was actually good.

In conclusion, Kong: Skull Island is definitly the best of the MonsterVerse movies right now and probably the best true kaiju movie i've seen so far (Pacific Rim is great but that's more of a mecha movie that happens to have kaiju in it). I think today i'll watch one of the Millenium Godzilla movies.

Zero no Kiseki is taking over my life

20 Hours in 2 days lol. Finished prologue and chapter 1.

Then again, thanks to corona, i don't have anything to do, what's with my trip canceled/postponed anyway.

Edited by Shrimperor

... I wished I could play 20 h within a week...

Well, I could play FE10 more than ten hours on a day in my best times, but today I don't have the endurance and freetime anymore. 

Even on weekends I can't play for five hours on a day, much less on a weekend.

This explains my superlong backlog list.

The Dark side of having work.

Nah, better than the other way around.

Edited by Falcom Knight

as i said, i was planning a 3 months long trip since i finished my studies and all and take a small pause before starting work life, but well, thanks to corona i am stuck at home with only games and a small mini-job i can do at home

Edited by Shrimperor

I see, I see.

Sorry, the trip was cancelled, wherever it would have been.

Being stuck at home is poor, especially since the weather is good right now.

I will go to Ghana, but I think Corona should be settled at the end of the year, so it should work out.

I am kinda glad that I haven't booked US yet.

Originally I planned for April, lol.

Well, since travel warning was given out worldwide, there would have not been any costs for cancelling.

Might do it next year after Ghana.

Anyways faced the first boss in Ryza.

To be honest Lulua's boss theme was much better.

Though I think Ryza looks a bit more serious regarding atmosphere and story, tends to be darker, although I have not played too much of Lulua yet.

49 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

... I wished I could play 20 h within a week...

Well, I could play FE10 more than ten hours on a day in my best times, but today I don't have the endurance and freetime anymore. 

Even on weekends I can't play for five hours on a day, much less on a weekend.

This explains my superlong backlog list.

The Dark side of having work.

Nah, better than the other way around.

Speaking of FE10, do you have any advice for 4-4? The reinforcements and swordmasters keep butchering everybody. (Yes, even on normal mode.)

21 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

as i said, i was planning a 3 months long trip since i finished my studies and all and take a small pause before starting work life, but well, thanks to corona i am stuck at home with only games and a small mini-job i can do at home

Oof. I can sort of sympathise, since it seems likely that both our school's band trip and quebec trip are gonna be Micaiah'd. Hopefully you can find stuff to do.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Speaking of FE10, do you have any advice for 4-4? The reinforcements and swordmasters keep butchering everybody. (Yes, even on normal mode.)

Block the ledge with two people who can survive a crossbow and send Ike and Nailah to the halberdier and sniper reinforcements / bottom platform. 

16 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

Being stuck at home is poor, especially since the weather is good right now.

Yup. The weather is super good, but where to go all alone except shopping and maybe a small walk lol. Friends don't wanna go anywhere now...

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

Hopefully you can find stuff to do.

It's mostly games now xD

Until hopefully April it calms down a bit and i can do my trip. I really would like to travel before going into 40h/week worklife. Need a scenery change and stuff.

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

Hopefully you can find stuff to do.

Do you have Gatrie and Shinon? They are hella tanky.

https://i.imgur.com/HN9InEF.png

One of the worst maps in FE history ngl. Especially since it's rout.

Edited by Shrimperor

On 3/16/2020 at 8:04 AM, DragonFlames said:

Atelier Eleanor when?
Nf8h04J.jpg

rAqbECE.jpg

She's adorable. Though I must admit, she seems out of place in a game with demons galore...

18 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

https://i.imgur.com/HN9InEF.png

One of the worst maps in FE history ngl. Especially since it's rout.

What doesn't help is that the developers were sadistic enough to force deadweight, aka Tormod & co., who are so outclassed at this point that it'd be a Herculean task to catch them up, upon you.

Edited by Shadow Mir