Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

Not anymore it isn't.

16 hours ago, Lysithea said:

I know I wanted to stay back from this forum and I will, but I just wanted to report in that I beat Golden Deers in Maddening. 

The final boss was easier than I remembered. Lys with Luna and using a certain gambit on her easily 2RKOes him. 

I did something for my guts in FE and I have to say I am proud to me because I am not the greatest FE gamer in the world despite beating some ludicrous games in terms of difficulty like Midnight Sun and GhebFe FE both in hard mode. Maddening is not too bad later on aside of ambush spawn. If you do not know where reinforcements appear, you will have no chance to survive.

Congrats!

16 hours ago, Lysithea said:

Going to make a spontan trip to Hamburg this weekend because I have never been there yet and my aunt told me only good things about it. Weather will become rainy, but there is no bad weather, just bad clothes!

I've actually been in Hamburg before on a class trip. I liked it there quite a bit. Have fun!

16 hours ago, Armagon said:

So really odd thing about the Switch version of Atelier Ryza that i found out is that intrestingly enough, the game runs better when in handheld mode instead of the other way around. Of course, it's just a minimal boost, barely noticable but yeah, handheld Ryza runs better than TV Ryza.

That is indeed very, VERY strange.

15 hours ago, Armagon said:

This is real. This is a real thing that happened in 2019.

This is simultanously the best and worst timeline.

wat

---

And before I forget: Happy belated Halloween, everybody!
Kids came by like crazy, but somehow there are still sweets left. I'm currently resisting the urge to eat them myself. And my resistance weakens by the second...

I WIN!

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

And before I forget: Happy belated Halloween, everybody!
Kids came by like crazy, but somehow there are still sweets left. I'm currently resisting the urge to eat them myself. And my resistance weakens by the second...

Here's an embarrassing Story:

like a decade ago, i was studying uni stuff, when suddenly my doorbell rang. I opened the door and saw some kids, and was like '????' and when they said ''trick or treat'' and i then noticed i didn'T have anything at home...

I facepalmed after and then made point to have sweets at home every year on that night, but they never rang my doorbell again xD

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Here's an embarrassing Story:

like a decade ago, i was studying uni stuff, when suddenly my doorbell rang. I opened the door and saw some kids, and was like '????' and when they said ''trick or treat'' and i then noticed i didn'T have anything at home...

I facepalmed after and then made point to have sweets at home every year on that night, but they never rang my doorbell again xD

That's amazing. XD

I actually almost had the reverse situation today. I bought an entire bowl's worth of sweets after getting back from university, but at first, nobody came, so I thought "do I really have to eat all of that stuff on my own?" I almost gave up on the whole thing. Then the doorbell started ringing.
But that's the curse of living in almost the top floor of an apartment building. Many people are too lazy to climb the stairs. On top of that, Halloween isn't as big here as it is in the US of A, so I'd imagine not everybody participates.

EDIT: @Acacia Sgt I never went trick-or-treating as a kid, either. Also, I only started distributing candy a few years ago. I honestly don't know what exactly it was that motivated me to do that perhaps that last shred of goodness that dwells within me has awakened on that day.

Edited by DragonFlames

44 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

On top of that, Halloween isn't as big here as it is in the US of A, so I'd imagine not everybody participates.

Even in the States, Halloween is kinda dying out. I think. Maybe it's just because where i live but there aren't really kids around going trick-or-treating. In fact, my neighborhood has very minimal Halloween decorations. I've only seen like two houses and no, mine isn't one of them. 

When i lived in Ft. Lauderdale in south Florida, Halloween definitly had a much bigger presence. But that was a few years ago and it really does feel like Halloween is slowly dying out. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

@Acacia Sgt @Interdimensional Observer so here's something interesting. Since Harvest Moon is called Story of Seasons, Xseed shared a bit of trivia about how they decided on the localized name (since the Japanese name hasn't changed).

I unironically wish they went with Plow & Propose. Whoever came up with that name knew what they were doing and it is God-tier.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

EDIT: @Acacia Sgt I never went trick-or-treating as a kid, either. Also, I only started distributing candy a few years ago. I honestly don't know what exactly it was that motivated me to do that perhaps that last shred of goodness that dwells within me has awakened on that day.

I suppose for me, it also helped that I wasn't really interested in candy. Still liked stuff like chocolate; but overall... not really a candy afficionado. Even nowadays, even if I do eat more candy on average than what I did as a kid.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Even in the States, Halloween is kinda dying out. I think. Maybe it's just because where i live but there aren't really kids around going trick-or-treating. In fact, my neighborhood has very minimal Halloween decorations. I've only seen like two houses and no, mine isn't one of them. 

When i lived in Ft. Lauderdale in south Florida, Halloween definitly had a much bigger presence. But that was a few years ago and it really does feel like Halloween is slowly dying out. 

Interesting development. Over here, being a border zone with the US, the pressing concern was the rising of Halloween over the national festivities, like Day of the Dead. Recently, I've also noticed not much of a spirit to Halloween here. THere still is; but it is less than years ago. Personally... don't mind much of that, if support shifts to the Home Team, so to speak.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

@Acacia Sgt @Interdimensional Observer so here's something interesting. Since Harvest Moon is called Story of Seasons, Xseed shared a bit of trivia about how they decided on the localized name (since the Japanese name hasn't changed).

I unironically wish they went with Plow & Propose. Whoever came up with that name knew what they were doing and it is God-tier.

Interesting. Kinda wish the series could've still been named Harvest Moon. It's just so, fitting.

---

Oh, cool, more, if small, details about Digimon Survive.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

so here's something interesting. Since Harvest Moon is called Story of Seasons, Xseed shared a bit of trivia about how they decided on the localized name (since the Japanese name hasn't changed).

Neat. "Summer Solstice" and "Autumn Wind" and are too "seasonal", so I understand why they ruled out those options.

"Plow and Propose" does sounds funny good though. Too casual, to-the-point, and tongue-in-cheek unfortunately. A fansite should pick up on this, or another farming-dating sim that chooses to go extra-comical.

-Or, give the moniker to an anime that parodies the farming sim genre, has there been one of those? There has to be worse ideas out there that have made it to anime production. "Plow And Propose The Anime" should ideally have a scene where a young adult male huffs, puffs, and grunts as they push a full-sized plough through untilled soil. And for some reason, a young adult female is just lazing about on the dirt, reclined and taking in the sun, parallel to the farm boy, with her feet pointing the direction of the young man, who is plowing towards the girl. Arrange the scene just right, and a subtle visual innuendo could be achieved.

A literal translation of the Japanese that I see whenever it is translated, is "Ranch Story". Not bad, a little plain, but it works, if reminding me a "ranch house" is defined as being one story high.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Interesting. Kinda wish the series could've still been named Harvest Moon. It's just so, fitting.

And Natsume is now pounding the good old name into the ground with their own games.

713156_front.jpgHarvest1Harvest3

Who asked for this? This has none of the charm of the real deal while aping its aesthetics. The game that looks like it could be a mobile free-to-play game, but it isn't, it released two days ago.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Interesting development. Over here, being a border zone with the US, the pressing concern was the rising of Halloween over the national festivities, like Day of the Dead. Recently, I've also noticed not much of a spirit to Halloween here. THere still is; but it is less than years ago. Personally... don't mind much of that, if support shifts to the Home Team, so to speak.

I always found Day of the Dead to be more interesting than Halloween. Day of the Dead is an actual celebration, Halloween, on the other hand, is pretty much commercial.

23 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And Natsume is now pounding the good old name into the ground with their own games.

713156_front.jpgHarvest1Harvest3

Who asked for this? This has none of the charm of the real deal while aping its aesthetics. The game that looks like it could be a mobile free-to-play game, but it isn't, it released two days ago.

20190401_163220.jpg?width=489&height=499

The fact that they're using the Harvest Moon name like this is actually pretty bad. I've talked to people who thought Harvest Moon went to shit because of the "new" games and i've had to explain to them that the real Harvest Moon still exists, it's just under the Story of Seasons name now and that "New Harvest Moon" isn't actually Harvest Moon.

EIQ18ywW4AAbfMT?format=jpg&name=medium

MALOS XENOBLADE BUT WITH CASPAR FIRE EMBLEM HAIR. Oh, the things i create at 12:30 in the morning.

Edit: you know what. Why stop there? You've seen Malos with Caspar Hair. But did you ever consider

CasparButWithMalosHair.jpg?width=499&hei

CASPAR WITH MALOS HAIR

I'm actually surprised at how actually good both of them look.

Edited by Armagon

14 hours ago, Armagon said:

That's interesting. I thought Halloween was a really big thing in the US.
Damn you, television!

14 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I suppose for me, it also helped that I wasn't really interested in candy. Still liked stuff like chocolate; but overall... not really a candy afficionado. Even nowadays, even if I do eat more candy on average than what I did as a kid.

I'm also not the biggest eater of candy, actually. Even if I do it every now and again.

---

Currently downloading Atelier Ryza due to me being sick still and thus I didn't have the energy to go out and get the physical version.
University was hell today...

Edited by DragonFlames

Oh win for me, mister, oh mister! Let me hear how you win show me that you grew. Hey mister, oh mister, Stop the lose, make believe there's no need to win.

Win is war win is war wins is war!

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

due to me being sick still and thus I didn't have the energy to go out and get the physical version.

Get well soon!

University was hell today...

O.o

I hated busy fridays. Especially since on fridays i was mostly in weekend mode already

Edited by Shrimperor

• Six months of playing Prof over. Back I go to handling a twelve-person team come Monday.
  • Watch deal went through (yay!). Went out and bought Dragon Quest 11 and Lost Sphear. I didn't like the watch anyway, even though it was worth a few hundred dollars.
  • I really want a beer atm.

One Reddit user described their experience after using the Fallout 1st-exclusive Mothman emote in a public server. "I got beaten up when I decided to do the Mothman emote in Vault 51. At least 5 - 7 people in teddy bear costumes kept punching me," wrote KATheHuman. 

God I love Fallout 76, seeing the ways this game fucks up is just so enjoyable.

I keep seeing people be like "if you love JRPGs, Dragon Quest 11 is a must play" and i kinda just feel like the odd man out because i do love JRPGs but Dragon Quest as a whole is so incredibly textbook definition that i don't feel the need to play it. There's nothing in Dragon Quest that makes me go "ooh, i wanna play that". This is also how i feel about Final Fantasy, even if it does have some sci-fi elements. 

Also this part is blashemous appearently but i actually don't think Toryiama's designs for human DQ characters are great. They ain't bad or anything but his human Dragon Ball characters look much better in my opinion. At least Dragon Quest monster designs are great.

In other news, Toby Fox composed a battle theme for Pokemon Sword and Shield. This is not a joke. And the song is great too. Another great achivement for Toby Fox's musical resume. The madman keeps getting away with it.

That's interesting. I thought Halloween was a really big thing in the US.

It's really telling when there hasn't been a single ad for Halloween Horror Nights this year. That shit used to be huge a few years ago.

Currently downloading Atelier Ryza due to me being sick still and thus I didn't have the energy to go out and get the physical version.

It'll go away soon so just hang in there. On the bright side, Atelier Ryza should make the sickness more bearable.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Oh win for me, mister, oh mister! Let me hear how you win show me that you grew. Hey mister, oh mister, Stop the lose, make believe there's no need to win.

Win is war win is war wins is war!

I recognize the Love is War OP when i see it.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

wb43odmi97v31.png

Conquest ending really hit her hard, huh?

Edited by Armagon

Personally, if you're someone who bought the Fallout 76 subscription service, you deserve to be ganged up on in the game and in real life.

I really hope Betheseda keeps fucking up Fallout 76 so it can be the trainwreck that never ends.