Rate the Unit, Day 28: Rath

Thor Odinson

If your being generous Rath could probably get about 2 levels in Lyn Hard Mode. Otherwise, your looking at him being locked at base stats on chapter 22 arrival.

I'd say that one level is going a bit far, but two? That's defilitely pushing it.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FE6 or FE8?

Probably FE6, bows aren't bad there. Ilia's pegasi everywhere and Sacae is nomads all over the place, and accurate chip is helpful since enemies don't suck so bad while handaxes and javelins can get pretty inaccurate at times. The archers are shitty since their base stats suck, but the nomads (esp. Shin) and the two Snipers are pretty good or at least decent.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Fe6 wyverns.....

Shin, Sue, Dayan, Igrene, and Klien use them as target practice. Unless we're talking HM.

Then its Shin, Klein, and Igrene.

Because fuck sacae......

Rath could fit into fe6s storyline though...

I honestly like Sacae better than Ilia if warpskipping is not taken into account. More open plains=more space for people to actually move, not a clusterfuck of forests or a narrow-ass path then fucking you over with like five status staffers+a fuckton of bolting. Sacae...had slightly less bolting and status, but it was enough to make it not hate it. I generally don't like to warpskip chapters, but Ilia made me really want to do that. At all times.

I honestly like Sacae better than Ilia if warpskipping is not taken into account. More open plains=more space for people to actually move, not a clusterfuck of forests or a narrow-ass path then fucking you over with like five status staffers+a fuckton of bolting. Sacae...had slightly less bolting and status, but it was enough to make it not hate it. I generally don't like to warpskip chapters, but Ilia made me really want to do that. At all times.

Wait, Ilia has more Bolting and status staves than Sacae? *only played FE6 once, and said playthrough gave him a huge dislike for Sacae*

Edited by Metal King Slime

Argh, Rath ticks me off. The obligatory hot male that dissappears for...half the game.

Free longbow, if you are using bows. Great aid, if you don't have enough from your already massive collection of mounted units.

Underleveled, when you likely have a team full of superior units (Marcus, Sain, Kent, Lowen, Hector, Lucuis, Raven, Florina, Priscilla, and Matthew/Legault for your obligatory thief)...that's 10 spots he has to compete with, and I haven't even said Eli/Lyn for their forced chapters.

Heath and Isadora are in his chapter, and Pent is right around the corner. Hell, even Ninian is on your team by now.

Leading me to ask you, who would you kick off your HHM team for Rath?

Granted, drafts give him purpose, but yea. On my bow users only run, Rath didn't even shine, except as a ferry unit. At least archers get ballistae (I know, moot point).

Oh yea, he is bow locked, isn't he? B in bows means he can use the best of a sucky weapon right off the bat. And his DEF...well, he won't live long in HHM, even if he had a fair share of EP combat.

This is my rage against Rath. Only useful for chip dmg in his joining chapter (and that's if you bother to get him), and a free longbow, IMO.

Rath, I bestow upon thee, the only 1/10 I will ever give.

Wait, Ilia has more Bolting and status staves than Sacae? *only played FE6 once, and said playthrough gave him a huge dislike for Sacae*

20 Ilia, to be exact. and the worst part is that they aren't so restricted in their movement areas so the spam the FUCK out of you.

I like FE6 overall, and I actually really liked Sacae since I can actually move my team which has 3 Paladins usually and really hates massforesting. Then again, I spam Rutger on everything that moves so lol and Miledy+Delphi shield trivialises a great portion of it since they're all like *tinktinktink* and she's like, "yep" but Ilia was

C17: okay this one isn't actually bad

C18: hurk I can't move (except Miledy and Thany/Tate)

C19: okay I can move a little better but it's fucking cramped

C20: OMG die staves and bolting

C20x: okay fuck this I'm warpskipping for serious

was basically what I thought of it. Had to sandbag Shin for it too and he's one of my favourite units.

C17: hurk I can't move (except Miledy and Thany/Tate)

C18: okay I can move a little better but it's fucking cramped

C19: what the hell is 19 again I don't even remember

Chapter 17 is basically an open plain... Chapter 18 is the one with the forested map, and chapter 19 is the fog of war map through the mountain pass (Iron Ballistae and a couple of staff druids, so it's kind of like Bolting... except much worse against fliers).

Both routes really have an equal amount of long range bullshit, though. Chapter 19S has some super-high-mag sages with status staves and chapter 20S is just really bad in general.

Edited by dondon151

Oh derp. So it's 17 that I forgot, not 19. Fixing.

No wonder I didn't remember it. I don't hate it. :P

I found 19S's status sages more bearable since at least they're just contained there and I did bring enough restores. 20 either route is pretty bad, agreed, but at least Sacae's doesn't have as much freedom of movement. Ilia's...just thoroughly pissed me off from every direction.

He's can be pretty good but he has bows. Then again he has a horse so he's automatically decent. Then again bows and somewhat under leveled but you can work with around that. Then again bows. But he and Lyn do have a lovely daughter... Who uses bows. Also he's isn't adorable like Rebecca. He gets a 5/10 from me.

C17: okay this one isn't actually bad

C18: hurk I can't move (except Miledy and Thany/Tate)

C19: okay I can move a little better but it's fucking cramped

My thoughts of Sacae in a nutshell:

C17: augh fog of war

C18: nothing out of the ordinary until you get near the boss, then omgwtfbbq ambush. Also, the boss is... Ugh, I don't even want to say it. Might have a status staff there, too; not sure.

C19: You're left to stall outside until the gate opens (or try to break through the walls of amazing durability). The boss is a pain in the butt, and this level has status staves on top of that.

C20: omgwtfbbq die status staves and bolting

C20x: Press your luck! And that ain't even getting into the bosses, with their high AS (NTs) and mag atk (Druids, plus one even has a berserk staff; that ain't cool).

Oh yea, he is bow locked, isn't he? B in bows means he can use the best of a sucky weapon right off the bat. And his DEF...well, he won't live long in HHM, even if he had a fair share of EP combat.

Well, I personally think killer bow is the best bow in the game (with silver barely behind it). Brave bow is so heavy it's simply a crappier, more expensive version of a steel bow once you can double most enemies, which Rebecca and Rath do rather early and Wil does on promotion at the latest. It's actually relatively useless except for buffing against Wil's SPD for a couple chapters (and perhaps for Geitz when he first comes).

EDIT: Availability matters. When you're gone most of the game, and come underleveled, that HAS to be taken against you. Otherwise, Nino is super-amazing-awesome and gets auto 9+/10, since the fact she comes late and at a low level is apperantly meaningless.

Edited by Kngt_Of_Titania

Wow. Rath gets a lot of shit. People really push this availability thing too much, don't they?

His base stats/growths in HHM just don't work well with his weapon choice...or time of re-entrance.

In drafts, you can compete the chapter he comes in with Marcus on turn 1, (if you choose to do so). Following so is Living Legend. He isn't easy to train there. In efficiency, I suppose he contributes to exp. If

Rath is probably better in efficiency than he is in normal play since he joins near promotion, and has a pretty strong weapon for this point in the game at his disposal for a few chapters. In ranked play and such, it isn't really used due to it's cost.

you can get up a couple of level's in lyn's campaign which helps to quickly train him up when he comes later. he has pretty good stats, has a decent starting package. it isn't great but deccent enough. 5.5/10

Wow. Rath gets a lot of shit. People really push this availability thing too much, don't they?

It's a combination of jointime/availability and base stats, then growths gets taken into consideration next--since it's hard to use those growths if your start is really shitty. Pent doesn't have the best availability ever, but his bases are great and his ranks are great, so he's considered a pretty awesome unit, and his C26 jointime doesn't hurt him at all. He can be used over any of your magic units since he has A rank staffs, good combat, and actually pretty decent durability which no other magic unit can take claim to all three. Rath on the other hand is seriously hurt by his jointime since his bases and weapon choice (although his rank is good) don't really do him favours and neither does Living Legend. To compare, Heath is also underleveled, but his bases are actually quite good, with a better weapon choice, and Living Legend actually does do him favours since he can amazingly move in that chapter thanks to flight unlike most units, so his rankings are pretty good overall.

I mean Rath certainly isn't unusable, he does have a few selling points, just his negatives overall outweigh his positives giving him lower than average scores from many people.

because he uses bows, he can attack plenty of enemies without getting countered, training him isn't the problem. If you really want to use him, he isn't too bad. But even Nino is more rewarding to train than Rath is.

5/10

It's actually relatively useless except for buffing against Wil's SPD for a couple chapters (and perhaps for Geitz when he first comes).

you mean, wil needs to have the thing stuck up his ass to do any damage

and like brave bow is good because bow users can double mercs and also kill mages before they can counter so...

Otherwise, Nino is super-amazing-awesome and gets auto 9+/10, since the fact she comes late and at a low level is apperantly meaningless.

well yeah

cuz she's still terrible

Edited by dondon151