Rate the Unit, Day 33: Pent

Thor Odinson

Actually, Def is above average for most classes, even the physicals. Most physicals sans armours have Def growths in the 20s.

Yes. 8[

No.

I am not letting this pass.

30% is not 'good for a magic user.' 30% is outstanding for a Sage. Guess who has 25%? Kent. Sain has 20%. 30% does not need an ellipsis.

It's just fucking "good".

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PENT

Pent is the best sage in the game.

He has A Staves which means full access to every possible staff. Doubtful Erk will even be at C by this point, and damned if Nino even gets to D.

He also has the best magic of all of them.

He also has auto A support.

He is also sex.

Pent is arguably the best unit in the game. Sorry Marcus, Sain, Prissy, and Flo Flo.

10/10

9/10, comes right out of the box usable, and is the best mage in the game, IMO. Honestly, his only problem is that pesky availability, but even then he still dominates. I mean, look at Living Legend: you're not protecting him from the enemies, you're protecting the enemies from him!

Nope. The lot of you are just horridly overrating him. Funny how it's apparently grown into a form of group hysteria.

I had my rating set for Pent since when I mixed up his and Hawkeye's Unit of the Day. I'm pretty sure it's not group hysteria, just a group of people agreeing on something.

He's better than Serra, Prissy-Poo, Erk, Lucius, and Canas will ever hope to be at any point of the game, right out of the box. He's a massively high base level prepromo with bases representative of a unit like 5 or so levels above THAT. Your team is instantly made better by subbing him in for a healer/caster, a fact none of the other low availability units so far can really claim.

10/10 isn't right, imo, since only Marcus can claim that, since he's been kicking ass all game long (despite his comparatively mediocre endgame), but I can see 8/10-9/10 for ratings by many people.

Edited by Kngt_Of_Titania

He's completely WTF!

With insane bases paired with okay-ish growths; he's at least gonna be consistent on his offenses and having good defenses which most Mages tend to get lopsided at. He also has an auto-A support with Louise and he'd like that +3 DEF support bonus for extra survival; although you'll waste up a slot for Louise. Now his offenses are insane, and that desert chapter already tells you what happens if you leave him killing all the unfortunate chaps there!

On to his joining chapter, an Elfire that one shots or two shots the unlucky enemy he faces paired with a Physic stave for insane utility; and what's crazier? Instant A rank in both Anima and Staves; and you can just give him more Physics, Anima Tomes and of course, Warp! That's already beyond insanity as Warp makes you LOLSTOMPDESTROYRAPE endgame with it; especially if you warp in any of your High MOV units such as Kent or Sain! His CON is also okay; if I can trace correctly; he gets weighed down a bit by Elfire and Excalibur; but what the hell? He has enough SPD to laugh at the enemies!

Verdict?

Surprise, surprise! It's a 9.5/10!

His -1 point is nulled out by the fact that he saves you one Guilding Ring and he's better than Trappy Lucius, Serra, Priscilla, Erk, Nino and Canas!

Edited by Icicle Spear

I'd say his issue of availability is pretty insignificant to how well he does. Even with all the extra availability no one magic user is going to be better than Pent on his recruitment(Due to his base stats and his A-A Magic-Staff ranks) that he's more useful deployed than any of the oters. He has great combat due to high Anima rank and stats and staff utility(Rescue, Warp, Physic, Fortify) with 9 range from base.

Easily 9/10

At this rate Pent's average will be higher than that of Raven's, most probably. And that is simply wrong.

Why is that?

Let's do this proper, PROS AND CONS:

PROS:

Great DEF growth, beaten by a grand total of Wallace, Oswin, Hector, and Lowen. In the game. He's a Sage. Overall decent growths, really, but the DEF is funniest to me.

Bases that ensure that he's beating every one of his "peers" at their 20/1, and he didn't have to be raised there. He thrashes Erk in everything (except HP by .35), Lucius in everything but MAG and RES (by a point and two), Canas in everything (except, again, HP by .4) and Nino in all but HP, SPD and RES and only SPD matters. And he starts at /1.

Auto-A in everything ever? And a free support?

CONS:

he's green in the stupid desert

he moves kinda slow

9/10

At this rate Pent's average will be higher than that of Raven's, most probably. And that is simply wrong.

There is nothing wrong as long as Pent doesn't beat Marcus. Raven is very good, but he isn't that special.

8.5/10. He doesn't fly or ride, he's not around all that much, you might not use Louise, but everything else is just about all you could ask for in a Sage. Magic offense? No problem, can do. Staffbot? Just hand him a Physic and stay the hell out of his way. If you need filler, he's great. If you need someone to replace a disappointing growth unit, he's great. If you happen to come in with both of those things... eh, he's still good.

To be fair there's a bunch of justified 6s floating around, but it is kinda pushing it for a post with such a terrible reason. However, I'll give Peppy some time to come up something more justifiable than "overrated" or to change his score. If he can actually back up that 5 by the time I do my counts, I'll keep it. Otherwise it'll be dropped.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

I gave him a 10 because I read that it's supposed to be how good they are from the point they join in, otherwise I'd drop a couple points off him.

Still, Pent is basically a Magic-using horseless version of Seth, who just comes later. He deserves his high marks.

I gave him a 10 because I read that it's supposed to be how good they are from the point they join in, otherwise I'd drop a couple points off him.

Still, Pent is basically a Magic-using horseless version of Seth, who just comes later. He deserves his high marks.

Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on LHM and HHM. Also, they should be based on when the unit is first available.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Marcus/10", etc.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is okay, but no more.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Makes it easy to calculate, please and thank you~!

Where?