Rate the Unit, Day 33: Pent

Thor Odinson

9/10

Only Con is availibility

Pretty much what I was going to say (and rate). I refuse to give anybody not Marcus a 10/10 in this game, especially considering Pent's availability, as godly as he is while he's around.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I gave Marcus an 11/10, to be fair.

But it was counted as a 10/10 ; A;

Maybe I should go back and change all those 11/10s back to 11/10s in my doc

Edited by Luminescent Blade

9.5 because Marcus took the ten. He's just a true god among men. His ONLY flaw isn't even being COUNTED.

That and movement, which is average with great 2-range anyway... and easily ferriable.

Edited by Furetchen

With the rate these 10/10's are flying he's gonna beat marcus in score. Which is horribly incorrect. At least be honest people, whatever you gave Marcus, Pent should be 2 points below.

1. Combat is good but the point has been made in Erk's thread that it is largely overkill and loads of other characters do just as well in combat. Just with less overkill.

2. Still a foot unit, though he and all magicians with him get reduced movement penalties

3. Supports are nice to have but not influential enough to adjust scores by a whole point (if earth affinity isn't available, anyway)

4. Staves are nice to have, though I mostly give his physic to my main healers to ease their healing and stuff.

All in all, nothing he does is phenomenal, it's just the fact he does it. And joins late. Still, better than Erk. 6.4/10

Pretty much what I was going to say (and rate). I refuse to give anybody not Marcus a 10/10 in this game, especially considering Pent's availability, as godly as he is while he's around.

Hey, I'm the opposite. The reason why Marcus didn't get a 10 was because Pent exists.

Looks like we're gonna have to disagree. Oh, well~!

With the rate these 10/10's are flying he's gonna beat marcus in score.

If he beats Marcus in score I'll go back and make all those 11/10s actually 11/10s. Because Marcus deserves more than a 10/10. In fact, I'll give him a 12, because I forgot to factor in hawtness/personality bias vote when I gave him the 11. (He's got 9.77 after that. Don't think Pent can beat this.)

And honestly, he isn't going to. The lowest score besides Crash's trollscore, which I didn't count, was a 7, and the VAST majority are 10s. Pent has at most half the voters giving him 10s, and a 5 in there for god's sakes. He's not surpassing Marcus anytime soon.

I was worried that Ninian might beat Marcus when her thing happened, but the 5-7 votes did drag it down significantly enough for her to be lower. Now if people are giving Pent 11/10s, then we have a problem.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Yeah? Where?

HP: 50

Mag: 30

Skill: 20

Spd:40

Luck: 40

Def: 30

Res: 35

Those look good to me.

They aren't great. Not stunning. Not nut bustingly orgasmic. GOOD.

Yeah? Where?

HP: 50

Mag: 30

Skill: 20

Spd:40

Luck: 40

Def: 30

Res: 35

Those are DECENT dude. As it is, he has solid bases. Which such growths he has the potential to be quite overkill, really. Heck, a 30% def growth for a magic unit is nothing to laugh at. 40% spd is alright too.

Rating: 9.5/10. First off, his character is awesome. Second, he gets kids who're really helpful in their generation. Next, he himself is incredibly useful with staves and combat. Finally, he's the better looking of the males in FE7 and he has insta A support with Louise(mind you, she takes off the burden of training an archer if you want one, which is REAL NICE.)

9.9/10

Everything that needs to be said about Pent, has been. Marcus, and not being like, a Mage Knight, or like, some sort of mage!wyvern or something are the only reasons why I'm docking the 0.1

Those look good to me.

They aren't great. Not stunning. Not nut bustingly orgasmic. GOOD.

Those are DECENT dude. As it is, he has solid bases.

HP growth is ok. He is a magic user after all.

Mag growth sucks.

Skill growth sucks more.

Spd is average.

Luck is ok.

Def is pretty good for a magic user...

Res is ok.

Alot of these are passible only because his bases are great.

Def is pretty good for a magic user...

No.

I am not letting this pass.

30% is not 'good for a magic user.' 30% is outstanding for a Sage. Guess who has 25%? Kent. Sain has 20%. 30% does not need an ellipsis.

No.

I am not letting this pass.

30% is not 'good for a magic user.' 30% is outstanding for a Sage. Guess who has 25%? Kent. Sain has 20%. 30% does not need an ellipsis.

Everyone but Lowen, Hector, Wallace and Oswin have def growths 30% or below. So, that pretty much is the best you'll get.

Everyone has a growth obsession.

Everyone but Lowen, Hector, Wallace and Oswin have def growths 30% or below. So, that pretty much is the best you'll get.

Everyone has a growth obsession.

I think it's more just that people overestimate defence growths in general without looking at how low they really are. I'll admit I was the same before looking at my two aforementioned examples, Sain and Kent, and being like "holy FUCK those are pathetic"

So yeah.

With the rate these 10/10's are flying he's gonna beat marcus in score. Which is horribly incorrect. At least be honest people, whatever you gave Marcus, Pent should be 2 points below.

1. Combat is good but the point has been made in Erk's thread that it is largely overkill and loads of other characters do just as well in combat. Just with less overkill.

2. Still a foot unit, though he and all magicians with him get reduced movement penalties

3. Supports are nice to have but not influential enough to adjust scores by a whole point (if earth affinity isn't available, anyway)

4. Staves are nice to have, though I mostly give his physic to my main healers to ease their healing and stuff.

All in all, nothing he does is phenomenal, it's just the fact he does it. And joins late. Still, better than Erk. 6.4/10

facepalm-bear.jpg

Jesus, look at this flagrant score deflation. Shameful.

Pent is a reliable unit upon joining. His bases are great, however his growths are much to be desired, but they are good enough to keep in in the game to endgame and beyond. His support with Louise can be great if you choose to deploy her too. He can take a few hits, but he still is not frontline material no matter what angle you look at it.

Raven's rating: 75%

Edited by Railgunz

out of the three pent, erk , nino. pent was the second best sage. he is really useful. good stats. pretty decent personality. but is a giant kill hog in the desert level. i think he is definalty one of the good prepromotes 8.5/10