Rate the Unit, Day 48: Niime

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0800 and 0900 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- Characters should be rated for their performance on all possible routes (A/B / Sacae/Ilia) but should not be penalized for routes they physically cannot exist on (z.B Juno in Sacae).

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

AVERAGES

WENDY!: 0.19

Sophia: 0.45

Bors: 1.14

Cath: 1.48

Barth: 2.07

Wolt: 2.16

Ward: 2.61

Douglas: 2.76

Fa: 3.02

Dorothy: 3.17

Garret: 3.36

Lilina: 3.53

Merlinus: 3.53

Roy: 3.54

Geese: 3.70

Ray: 4.04

Hugh: 4.15

Treck: 4.66

Oujay: 4.80

Fir: 5.08

Lot: 5.40

Gonzales: 5.45

Cecilia: 5.61

Sue: 5.64

Zeiss: 5.70

Igrene: 5.73

Ellen: 5.73

Lugh: 5.98

Bartre: 6.00

Noah: 6.13

Chad: 6.42

Klein: 6.53

Astohl: 7.17

Saul: 7.18

Echidna: 7.27

Shin: 7.42

Zealot: 7.56

Clarine: 7.78

Tate: 7.89

Dieck: 7.94

Thany: 8.01

Alan: 8.52

Lance: 8.59

Marcus: 8.77

Lalam: 8.78

Elphin: 9.00

Percival: 9.60

Rutger: 9.61

Miredy: 9.88

man this is just wringing my creativity dry

8/10 Best Staff-Bot in the game, on average literally no other main staff user can match her. She can also Nosferatu tank but it's not a perfect defense at all. Has interesting supports. Niime is a pre-promote who does her job, and does it well, and that's all she needs to do.

DAT STAFF RANK and probably your best in-game Druid!

Just feed her a robe or two; give her a Nosferatu tome and she's set!

Also, I like feeding her so many stat boosters so she can wreck the Mamkute infestation pit with Apocalypse; which is more amusing than lolreola.

Just to spoil up things, her score was supposed to be 7.5; but then I recall her personality... so +1 bias point!

Edited by Biological Abomination

Niime~

15 base staff range coupled with A rank. Enough said. As if that's not ridiculous enough, Apoc brings her mag up to 26, so that's 18 staff range. Even if you don't play warpskip, that's 18 ranges of Physic, and that's RIDICULOUS.

Hell, throw her 2 robes, stick her on a mountain, and you get a Nosferatank, too. Especially useful while you're getting her tome rank up to S so she can get Apoc use in the first place.

Who the hell even cares about her growths, her level's too high to ever care anyway.

8/10 +1 bias for just being really cool (also totally had a thing with Yodel)

9/10

Edited by Luminescent Blade

She's probably the best staff user you have, since she's immune to the stick waver's two biggest problems; being underlevelled and being Mag-screwed. Gespenst (sic) wishes it was as cool as Apocalypse, too. She's not seeing much competition for the tome, either. A 20/6 Ray doesn't have any solid lead over her except in def/hp, and he doesn't have the sexy, sexy A staves, so she arguably wins dark magic, as well.

Also the second best prepromote in the game. (Not that that's saying much)

8/10

Its my favorite senior citizen. Outside of her great personality she has a few other things going for her as well.

I fanboyed over douglas attack in the previous topic, but Nimme is no slouch either. 21 base magic and targets resistence as well. 16 speed is decent enough to be good and her resistence stat helps against those extremely annoying status staves.

But Nimme's first role isn't as a combat unit. A rank staves + sexy base magic gives her the biggest range with staves like psychic, berserk and warp.

She does have one massive flaw though. 5 defence is crap and 25 hp is even worse. Yeah, yeah I know mages should't be attacked, but still if a wyvern lord catcher her she's probably one rounded. A robe helps, but still.

8+1 bias point= 9/10

Edited by Sasori

...just to make sure, you people DO know availability is factored? Just making sure, since these scores seem a little high.

EDIT: In retrospect I see a lot of +1 biases and 8/10 isn't actually all *that* high but still.

Edited by Integrity

2 robes, and nosferatu.

Double A ranks.

Dat staff range.

Sure, she shouldn't be near high sttack enemies(wyvern lords, Brave weapon users, etc) but she is worthy of deployment.

Oh, and she made Canas.

+ 1 bias for making Canas.

9/10

2 robes, and nosferatu.

Double A ranks.

Dat staff range.

Sure, she shouldn't be near high sttack enemies(wyvern lords, Brave weapon users, etc) but she is worthy of deployment.

Oh, and she made Canas.

9/10

DAT STAFF RANK and probably your best in-game Druid!

Just feed her a robe or two; give her a Nosferatu tome and she's set!

Also, I like feeding her so many stat boosters so she can wreck the Mamkute infestation pit with Apocalypse; which is more amusing than lolreola.

Yes. Cuz even Rey is shit.

Niime~

15 base staff range coupled with A rank. Enough said. As if that's not ridiculous enough, Apoc brings her mag up to 26, so that's 18 staff range. Even if you don't play warpskip, that's 18 ranges of Physic, and that's RIDICULOUS.

Hell, throw her 2 robes, stick her on a mountain, and you get a Nosferatank, too. Especially useful while you're getting her tome rank up to S so she can get Apoc use in the first place.

Who the hell even cares about her growths, her level's too high to ever care anyway.

8/10 +1 bias for just being really cool (also totally had a thing with Yodel)

9/10

Lilina can do the same thing if only u could get her staff rank to B. Not that hard with spending about 50 turns in the arena along with Dance which would be the equivelent of 100 turns.

Oh, and she made Canas.

9/10

Yep. =)

-----

Everything said above and...she is the only Dark Mag user that u should use and only one worthy of wielding Apocalypse. Plus she's good to support with anyone that she can thanks to her epic Anima affinity. No cost of a Guilding Ring, etc.

7/10

Edited by リンダ

Lilina can do the same thing if only u could get her staff rank to B. Not that hard with spending about 50 turns in the arena along with Dance which would be the equivelent of 100 turns.

Why would you want to spend 100+ turns to get Lillina to do something that Niime already can?

By far the best staffer in the game, hands down. The only person who has a slight chance of being just as good as her in terms of staff utility is a mag-blessed Lilina promoted at Lv.10 who is from there onwards abusing her staff rank, if that is at all possible to get her to A staves before Niime arrives. The range Niime has with physic and warp staves is just awesome.

She can stay alive forever with Nosferatu, as well. Or at least for as long as her Nosferatus don't run out.

Her usefulness only goes as far as she can be kept safe and alive. She is frail and may require some stat boosters to see serious combat.

70%.

Edited by Raven

Arena abuse is not assumed for ratings ever. A character can be assumed to spend a few turns in an arena provided that it doesn't get in the way of anything, but 50 turns is utterly ridiculous when it comes to ratings. Especially since you can beat at least 3 chapters in 50 turns even if you don't go fast.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Niime packs a huge punch; her CON is kind of low so she might suffer minor AS loss from the Dark tomes she wields, and that hurts a little more considering her 16 SPD, but it doesn't matter all too much, because she has a huge 21 MAG and 20 SKL. Not only that, but she has an auto-A in both dark magic and staves. Although keep in mind that she is the base definition of "base unit"; she doesn't have a growth above 25%, and this is including HP.

She's likely your Apocalypse user, and even has a decent shot at it if you trained Ray before her arrival. Not just that, but she can be an excellent late-game staffbot if you choose not to focus on her likely ORKO-filled combat versus physical opponents. She comes with Physic, and with it heals 31 HP a pop. Wowza. She can also Warp your units practically anywhere they wish to go on the map if you so choose. However, no matter if she'll be attacking from behind the front lines, her durability is pretty awful regardless. 25HP-5DEF at LV18, with essentially non-existent chances of improvement, is just plain bad. At least she's a magical tank. And an awesome heavy hitter/staffbot.

8/10

do your research (please); warp is A rank. lilina needs 100 turns of staff use with a dancer glued to her to reach this point.

worthy of note that because niime joins a chapter later in sacae and because the enemies there are really not nice to her, she's only likely to reach S dark in ilia. still awesome either way, though. niime has an odd assortment of shortcomings and i'm not sure it's worth trying to compensate for them in a playthrough with growths, because speedwings and angelic robes could have been boots instead. 8/10

Edited by dondon151

Why would you want to spend 100+ turns to get Lillina to do something that Niime already can?

Of course u don't do this in a ranked run. But it is possible to even get her staff rank to C in a ranked run. Non-ranked...I luv getting her rod level to B.

do your research (please); warp is A rank. lilina needs 100 turns of staff use with a dancer glued to her to reach this point.

Talking Physic Staff wise. Of course she'll NEVER be able to use Warp. But that's why Niime gets high pts anyway. As no abuse with her makes her an embodiment above all other Mag users. Usually, u don't get someone with such good staff rank utility start like Niime does in her joining time. Unless they were Gato character archtypes, or something.

Edited by リンダ

There's overrated as hell, and then there's this.

Remember that dude we complained was kinda slow a couple Rate-a-Characters back? The one that started with 11 Speed? Niime the Nosferatu Tank winds up with 10, and if she's in Sacae, then everyone and their horse will double her. Unless she's OHKOing maps, she's looking at a 2HKO, at best. 25 HP/5 DEF with 25%/15% growths make Sophia look durable. About the only time I'm guaranteed to use her is on a map with walls; sniping things with Eclipse is what she's perfect for. Massive staff range is nice, but I'm not kicking someone off my team just for that.

6/10

There's overrated as hell, and then there's this.

Remember that dude we complained was kinda slow a couple Rate-a-Characters back? The one that started with 11 Speed? Niime the Nosferatu Tank winds up with 10, and if she's in Sacae, then everyone and their horse will double her. Unless she's OHKOing maps, she's looking at a 2HKO, at best. 25 HP/5 DEF with 25%/15% growths make Sophia look durable. About the only time I'm guaranteed to use her is on a map with walls; sniping things with Eclipse is what she's perfect for. Massive staff range is nice, but I'm not kicking someone off my team just for that.

6/10

It's actually 14AS, Nosferatu has 6WT to Niime's 16 base speed and 4 Con.

Niime is pretty cool, although she'll probably need resources to hit S dark in time for apocalypse.

Other than staffing, she doesn't do much.

7/10

Niime with Nosferatu has 14 AS iirc. After checking, Serenes agrees with me. It's not especially great but it ends up almost being good enough for most non Sacae situations. Personally I don't generally do the Nosferatu tank thing though. There are almost always better ways to kill things.

Still, Niime is pretty great for what she's meant for, which are staves. Warp and Physic are both phenomenal and she's got the mag for both range and high hp recovery. She's also super cool for reasons others have gone over. I really wanted a Niime badge. Her nonexistent durability barely even matters, especially since I gave Ellen a 6.5 and I'd say Niime is better overall with those weapon ranks.

Quite a fine prepromoted druid, this one. Her mastery of staves is self-explanatory enough to warrant consideration and while she has poor physical durability without an overkill amount of angelic robes and dracoshields dumped into her small frame, her combat is not at all bad on the player's phase. Capable of doubling a good variety of enemies as late as chapter 22 and is already set for endgame mamkutes with her bases. On the enemy phase, equipping Nosferatu on her can have its moments too provided she isn't facing something that can OHKO her like a falcoknight or a wyvern lord.

Clarine and Saul (possibly Ellen) are probably better staffers than this old woman overall (for starters, straight-up healers are more greatly appreciated in the earlier chapters) whereas Lilina's a spoiled piece of shit who needs to be babied to a ludicrous extent just to be able to heal adjacent characters for a lot of HP and never do anything else with a staff without even more outlandish abuse. Nonetheless, there are lategame chapters where having three people who can use the likes of warp/physic/restore/berserk and so forth is a very smart idea.

~6.5

P.S.: Niime has 14 AS with Nosferatu; please try not to spread falsehoods like this in the near future. And who cares about going to Sacae? Ilia is where it's at unless you feel like punishing your army.

Niime is pretty cool, although she'll probably need resources to hit S dark in time for apocalypse.

You can get Niime ~80% of the way to S dark in her joining map in Ilia while being modestly efficient about it (I got 6 turns in 0% growths; 3 turns is the bare minimum and only really doable if Roy and a flier are superstars). Sacae Niime is a lost cause unless you park her on a mountain in chapter 21 for 12 turns or something.

Anyway I know that eclipse likes to ignore Warp in her ratings, but that's really the reason to use Niime.

Edited by dondon151