Rate the Unit, Day 42: Nasir

Dat Rules (stolen/borrowed from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode+Fixed Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "she brings the sonic sword" or any other justification as an argument.

- BEXP is free to be used in any quantity on any character.

- Rating a unit too low because you think its overrated will make me throw away your vote without mercy public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Averages:

Rolf: 1.15

Sothe: 2.03

Lucia: 2.23

Brom: 2.32

Bastian: 2.49

Tauroneo: 2.85

Shinon: 3.00

Largo: 3.11

Janaff: 3.32

Ulki: 3.59

Elincia: 3.75

Ranulf: 3.93

Devdan: 4.11

Volke : 4.82

Ilyana: 4.98

Soren: 5.15

Geoffrey: 5.27

Rhys: 5.31

Gatrie: 5.46

Mia: 5.71

Muarim: 6.19

Mist: 6.41

Mordecai: 6.55

Makalov: 6.59

Tormod: 6.62

Zihark: 6.65

Haar: 6.73

Lethe: 6.75

Nephenee: 6.79

Callil: 7.21

Stefan: 7.40

Astrid: 7.76

Boyd: 8.29

Ike: 8.57

Tanith: 9.08

Oscar: 9.08

Kieran: 9.23

Jill: 9.31

Marcia: 9.36

Reyson: 9.79

Titania: 9.91

elincia got a solid 3.75, which is alright

here's the guy that made a cameo in chapter 3 and at first some of us said 'the fuck are you?'

Edited by Folgore Orange

Kinda sucks at damaging Ashnard, doing 5 damage max to Berserk Ashnard (sans Demi Band, in which he does nothing). He needs Resolve to do any serious damage, otherwise he's useless at taking down Ashnard. He's got the usual Laguz problems, as well as bases that aren't that hot (same base Attack as Ena, who is 7 levels lower >.<).

2/10

He’s a hero, a villain, God’s Son, the King, the Streets’ Disciple. The list goes on, but no matter what his title is, he’s illmatic. Even this long since his debut at the Barbecue, he’s stillmatic. Just make sure y’all are understanding that if you want to go against this nasty hustler, you better have got yourself a gun. He’ll fuck with your soul like ether, because for him, it’s just another day in the projects. Then maybe you’ll get the message, life’s a bitch.

What else is there to say? The world is yours, Nasir. It ain’t hard to tell 10/10

Edited by bottlegnomes

It ain't hard to tell 10/10

No, try again.

Nasir, that guy you get when/if you beat the BK. Id rather just run than risk losing/take more turns in 27 so I dont usually get Nasir...But when I do, he shoves or he is benched. 1.5/10.

1/10 - he just plain sucks, to be honest as do Laguz in every game they appear in. Low everything, especially movement, in a game that really requires you to have heaps of it.

Edited by Agro

1/10 - usually you get him as proof that you weren't good enough to kill the BK, and he just plain sucks, to be honest as do Laguz in every game they appear in. Low everything, especially movement, in a game that really requires you to have heaps of it.

You get Nasir if you do beat the BK.

Nasir comes only if you beat the black knight. I won't hold that against him, but I will say that this means that he gets only two chapters of use. He has the standard Laguz problem of a weak weapon, but has enough strength when he transforms to be deadly... if undemi'ed... and if he's shifted when reaching the enemy with his low movement. I wouldn't be surprised if his endgame kill-count was below 10. In fact, I would be shocked if it was above 10 even if you didn't care about turncounts at all and cleared both of his two maps entirely. Worse is that, unlike Elincia, he can't even provide support. Elincia could do that for her chapters, Nasir cannot. Nasir isn't even statistically impressive! He has 36 MT when demi'ed and, for comparison, a 20/20 Lucia (19 STR) would have 37 MT. Sure, you can take the demi off to boost his stats if you're willing to work with the gauge and he has nice defenses, but with how little time he has, he's nothing more than a general that joins for two chapters.

1/10

Nasir, Ena's Grampa and watcher of all the things.

Pros:

Boon skill.

Ok bases.

Good base level.

Cons:

Availability.

Im not gonna count beating the BK against Nasir. But truth be told, i find both Ena and Nasir almost interchangeable. While Nasir is clearly better, i just dont see the damn need for either of them. lol! Yeah yeah, plot reasons but i never really use either of them. Since i really hate the BK fight and just say "fuck it" and bail, i dont see Nasir very often. He can hit hard and dodge or tank decently but ehh. Dragon gauges take forever to fill up for him to get to the murder. Demi Band is better on him than on Ena but still it gimps his stats. D: Boon is pretty cool (i think hes got that...its been awhile) because it clears a status to normal. So like, in Endgame, if someone got sleep'd, he can just stand next to them. Hes also got Nihil. So he can help own Bryce and some of the other peons who have skills. Its not that big of a deal though since your other guys will probably murder said enemies faster.

2/10.

Nasir is just bad. Dragon laguz are bad. They are tougher enemies but crappy allies. They have huge skill capacity but honestly, any skills could be put to better use on... anyone else. Yay? Late joining means Nasir will never make it to the battlefield AND he is forced deployment. In all, very unimpressive compared to any of the three laguz royals who also join.

1/10 for never doing anything of use.

1/10, what the fuck does he ever do in-game aside from kill ashnard in 0% growths

he does nothing useful EVER in other words

Edited by Lord Raven

1/10, what the fuck does he ever do in-game aside from kill ashnard in 0% growths

he does nothing useful EVER in other words

How does Ike defeat the BK in 0% growths?

Pros:

He's an awesome character

Cons:

He's a laguz (as in hard to level up, cause they count as promoted units AND they rarely actually get to attack unless they are demied)

He joins late.

He can get pwned by enemy dragons who are lower leveled.

2/10, just because he's pretty cool.

Im not gonna waste time with my usual rating format for Nasir.

Nasir is the 2nd best Ashnard killer. Hell, with Resolve, Wrath, AND Adept he might even be better than Ike as far as damage output goes. The problem is his movement, ridiculous Weight, and his transformation gauge.

.25/10 - Other than an inferior alternative to killing Ashnard, Nasir is complete crap. He could Smite/Shove but Mordi and Muarim do it better.

He’s a hero, a villain, God’s Son, the King, the Streets’ Disciple. The list goes on, but no matter what his title is, he’s illmatic. Even this long since his debut at the Barbecue, he’s stillmatic. Just make sure y’all are understanding that if you want to go against this nasty hustler, you better have got yourself a gun. He’ll fuck with your soul like ether, because for him, it’s just another day in the projects. Then maybe you’ll get the message, life’s a bitch.

What else is there to say? The world is yours, Nasir. It ain’t hard to tell 10/10

And yeah, no.