Rate the Unit, Day 45: Catria

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard 2 Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly. Also, if your vote is already a 10/10 or greater than 9 and you give a full point of bias, The score may not exceed 10!

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Each ranking phase ends from 2100 to 2200 EST. 13th May start the topic again but i am not sure. Do the math if you are in another timezone!

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "He Comes with a Free Ridersbane" as an argument.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Averages:

Macellan: 0.18

Maria: 1.05

Tomas: 1.08

Radd: 1.31

Dolph: 1.40

Vyland: 1.67

Matthis: 1.87

Bantu: 2.02

Rickard: 2.34

Darros: 2.45

Linde: 2.60

Roshea: 2.88

Astram: 2.89

Gordin: 3.11

Caesar: 3.50

Midia: 3.70

Jeorge: 4.00

Roger: 4.35

Bord: 4.37

Navarre: 4.66

Cord: 4.87

Horace: 5.02

Castor: 5.54

Merric: 5.58

Boah: 5.81

Wrys: 5.92

Marth: 6.33

Minerva: 6.45

Sedgar: 6.57

Wolf: 6.67

Julian: 6.60

Jagen: 6.98

Draug: 7.12

Jake: 7.13

Beck: 7.42

Ogma: 7.56

Athena: 7.95

Hardin: 8.70

Abel: 8.76

Cain: 8.90

Wendell: 8.92

Lena: 9.26

Barst: 9.40

Sheeda: 9.89

So freaking adorable. It's a shame she comes so late (Ch.14 in a 25 Ch. game). Her growths are pretty good by this game's standards (45 Str, 65 Spe). She's inferior to a grown Sheeda, but everything is inferior to Sheeda that I can't count it against her.

5.5, including bias.

Mid-game flier with decent growths and bases all around. And I just love using her as...hell, whatever isn't magic-based.

7/10

Catria

* Begins in Chapter 14

+ Good Growths

+ Good Bases... Level 5

+ She can be... one of your more fearsome character in the game... and one of the best

- She comes half/late into the game...

- She needs some help to kill enemies in the beginning...

!! One of the Pegasus Sisters

!! Adorable... has a nice wallpaper by Nintendo

Score 7/10

Edited by Enex

Her lance rank is nice for her level, but. . .eh. She's an Arms Scroll away from Jagen's Silver Lance. She comes right before a desert, and her class doesn't mind mages at all.

4/10

Mid-game flier with decent growths and bases all around. And I just love using her as...hell, whatever isn't magic-based.

7/10

Catria, yes one of the only characters with personality in this game. While she does come in underleveled, she also comes in at arguably the easiest chapter in the game (LOL Gra) and she has one of the better growths in the game to compliment her above average bases, oh and she comes in before the desert chapter.

8/10 with +1 bias.

In order to judge the usefulness of Catria, it is first important to look at the other Pegasus Knight characters in comparison to her. When you obtain Catria, you also obtain Palla, who's bases are only slightly superior, though she is a higher level to begin with. By the point she is received, you've also had Shiida for a significant amount of time, and it is possible she's already been trained to a much higher level. Est is received VERY late in the game, and has worse growths than Catria.

While neither Shiida nor Palla have poor growths, Catria's simply exceed their growths by a significant amount. Shiida's growths are all good, except in her attack stat. It is very likely that a 20/20 trained Shiida will end up with 19 strength without investment. Catria on the other hand, due to her strength growth (45%), will likely gain a point in strength every other level. She comes in at level five, which means she'll gain a point every other level until level 20. That's 7-8 points in strength to her base 6, which means she'll have 14-15 points at level 20. While unimpressive, if she is promoted and then raised to level 20 as a Dracoknight/Falcoknight, assuming she gains a point ever other level, she gainst another 10. 24-25 strength at level 20, which means she'll likely Max or come close to maxing strength. (If memory serves correctly, her max strength is 23)

With these facts, it is my personal opinion that Catria is the most powerful of the Pegasus Knights available in Shadow Dragon, and possibly one of the best units in the entire game.

Overall: 9/10

Holy tripballs 9/10s for her?

Catria is okay at best. C Lances helps a little, her growths and bases are decent, but what the hell at her jointime and her level? In Warpskip she can easily be left behind in the dust, and even ignoring Warpskip she's decent, but nothing spectacular. Forging Ridersbanes and being able to kill Mages with Javelins helps, I guess. Just don't expect the world from her until you throw a hefty amount of favoritism.

Excluding Warpskip, I'll give her a 5/10. This might be pretty generous coming from me, too.

Finally the above poster should be shot. Caeda is the best unit in the game with exclusive rights to W1n Spear.

Edited by Colonel M

In order to judge the usefulness of Catria, it is first important to look at the other Pegasus Knight characters in comparison to her. When you obtain Catria, you also obtain Palla, who's bases are only slightly superior, though she is a higher level to begin with. By the point she is received, you've also had Shiida for a significant amount of time, and it is possible she's already been trained to a much higher level. Est is received VERY late in the game, and has worse growths than Catria.

While neither Shiida nor Palla have poor growths, Catria's simply exceed their growths by a significant amount. Shiida's growths are all good, except in her attack stat. It is very likely that a 20/20 trained Shiida will end up with 19 strength without investment. Catria on the other hand, due to her strength growth (45%), will likely gain a point in strength every other level. She comes in at level five, which means she'll gain a point every other level until level 20. That's 7-8 points in strength to her base 6, which means she'll have 14-15 points at level 20. While unimpressive, if she is promoted and then raised to level 20 as a Dracoknight/Falcoknight, assuming she gains a point ever other level, she gainst another 10. 24-25 strength at level 20, which means she'll likely Max or come close to maxing strength. (If memory serves correctly, her max strength is 23)

With these facts, it is my personal opinion that Catria is the most powerful of the Pegasus Knights available in Shadow Dragon, and possibly one of the best units in the entire game.

Overall: 9/10

This Explanation is a bit flawed!

Sheeda is the better Pegasus knight since She has Earlygame to raise her Potential and then there is the Wing Spear. If you Forge the Wing Spear to have enough Might, All Cavalier and Knights fall easily!

Catria also have a very rocky start so that's a flaw she has too!

I think a 9/10 doesn't fit catria. Maybe fix the reasoning a bit and lower the rating!

I think people are putting too much emphasis on her growths, which certainly are nice. Her bases, while aren't really bad for her level, are mediocre at best for her jointime and her level is pretty bad for when she joins either. She's not untrainable, certainly, and she can do well when trained. C lances is nice to have as well. While I've trained her before, she's never really shined much until the end. Can end up good but certainly not those 8s I'm seeing.

5.5/10. A half-bias included because she's pretty cool.

When babying implies handing her a forged Ridersbane, and letting her zip.around at base lvl scoring kills wherever, it's not that absurd as say, babying Cav!Navarre, because you have had time to build funds and load a few forges her way.

Just saying, babying Catria is far more worth it than most any other unit, because the result is easy to push with a simple forge.

People who gave Catria less than a 5: Me, Horace, PKL, Marth.

We all draft a lot, and I've drafted Catria at least once. Thus, her score. She may have excellent growths, but she is a pain to raise under such conditions.

Lawl at this Aeon guy.

Catria is such a bitch. Joins at such a low level with only a C in lances and needs babying to get places. She's also nowhere near as hot as Palla and doesn't have access to W1N Spear like Sheeda so she's not even all that special to begin with. She's an ok growth unit I guess since there's chapter 15 to help her out and she does get impressive by the end, but she's nothing to write home about.

4.5/10